PDA

View Full Version : i cant make any money!

jannywanny86
10-11-12, 06:30 AM
anyone else like this? everythings too dear i actually got as low as not being able to afford food lol and im on level 97 grrrr, prices need lowered!

meowwmixx
10-11-12, 08:06 AM
YES! I usually make like 100,000 a day and lately I've only made like 10,000 maybe lately. grrrr:mad:

3cala
10-11-12, 08:32 AM
Wow, level 97 has this problem??? I was hoping things would get better as we progressed. I can never keep enough food on the table so wonder what the best foods are to make.

sweetstuff525
10-11-12, 08:41 AM
Yup level 97 here also... Can't make money ... Finally I'm back at 8 mil but because I'm now just cooking day recipes... If I cook other recipes a spend more coins baking then I make in a day

habibass
10-11-12, 08:49 AM
Level 91, same problem here. I feel stupid because i bought some extra ovens by spending gems and now i cant afford to have more than 10 ovens because i would spend more money that i am able to earn in a day. I also dont see how i could ever expand my place and buy more tables (because they get full while im sleeping). This is soooo frustrating, why do i have to stop baking in a BAKING game? I feel disapponted... :(

babylovesify
10-11-12, 09:08 AM
I don't seem to have that problem.

I'm still baking as usual; mastering recipes...

Btw I'm on level 98

smuckersmom
10-11-12, 01:12 PM
I've noticed this lately too. I'm level 97. I've stopped baking except for my Halloween ovens. I spend so much money on the goals that I can't afford to bake anymore and I'm not selling as much food so my counters aren't clearing anyways

marrrina
10-11-12, 01:20 PM
Nearly Level 98 and I have made about 1 million since the price hike. It would be more but I wasted money on those pointless overpriced goals.

Gypsy_Cat
10-11-12, 01:24 PM
Last month, TL doubled the majority of prices for recipes, decorations, gem items, etc. They vaguely stated that it was to prolong the game or some such nonsense. Despite a huge uproar on the boards, they refuse to address it further and have no plans to change them back.

ashrb
10-11-12, 03:15 PM
I'm level 98 and I'm having issues earning as well. I mostly do recipes that take a day, but whatever I earn in a day or overnight usually goes towards recipes anyways and recipes sometimes cost me up to $100,000 if I use all 18 ovens :/ so I'm kind of stuck in the same price range amount because recipes are so pricey. I think the only way to earn money right now for anyone who has enough food on counters is to not cook for a while and just let food sell. I've also moved my cash register next to the door so people 'pop' in rather than walk in and I earn a bit quicker now.

GroovyRuss
10-11-12, 04:47 PM
I don't seem to have that problem.

I'm still baking as usual; mastering recipes...

Btw I'm on level 98

how many ovens? if you have 20 or less then that is why.

I have 48 ovens and i spend about 800K a day on recipes. So i am going backwards
about 3 million a week. Been playing since march. I'm level 99 (well i will be tomorrow
Im just 11K XP away and i earn about 10K XP a day so real soon now lol)

melby29
10-11-12, 05:01 PM
Making coins is no longer a problem for me, since I implemented my new game strategy. As with all economic crises, you need to adapt to survive.

I have made about 2 million coins since the price hike.

sweetstuff525
10-11-12, 05:53 PM
Making coins is no longer a problem for me, since I implemented my new game strategy. As with all economic crises, you need to adapt to survive.

I have made about 2 million coins since the price hike.
Can you share your strategy? I'm going to see how much I make in a week by only cooking not buying decor

chzhed2522
10-11-12, 06:00 PM
Please share your strategy. I have to save 12 mill to expand. Cant afford gems. Not making therefore not baking like I was before price hike. :)

arale_norimaki
10-11-12, 06:02 PM
There is a thread about that: people share their strategies go earn coins
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?35461-Thread-for-those-still-playing-bakery.

melby29
10-11-12, 06:22 PM
My strategy is simple.

I don't cook.

I don't decorate.

I simply open my bakery each day to get the bonus.

sweetstuff525
10-11-12, 06:28 PM
My strategy is simple.

I don't cook.

I don't decorate.

Not fun but thanks for sharing

mattyboo1
10-11-12, 06:28 PM
My strategy is simple.

I don't cook.

I don't decorate.

I guess that could work

melby29
10-11-12, 06:32 PM
Not fun but thanks for sharing

Yeah, I know. It's a boring way to survive. But that is TL's new economy. It's better than bankruptcy.

BS is not the only game in the world.

trace35
10-11-12, 06:41 PM
A baking game where the only way to make coins is to not bake.
In fact not play at all! Dull dull dull.

andyman4u
10-11-12, 06:56 PM
A baking game where the only way to make coins is to not bake.
In fact not play at all! Dull dull dull.

Dull indeed.

But my accounting instinct tells me that there is no other way to really get any longevity out of this game. Funny, because longevity has been touted as the reason for the doubling of prices.

Perhaps they are wiser than we give them credit for.

If I were to play like Mellby does, I will NEVER run out of money and there will always be more levels to reach.

AnnasCoffee
10-11-12, 06:57 PM
There are ways to make money in this game. But why would I want to? I need another 45 million coins for my next expansion. It would take me 250 DAYS to save enough for ONE expansion.

But it's not even the amount of time it would take. I just don't want to play anymore because even if I played for 8 months and got the coins I needed... Who knows what they are going to do NEXT!!!! They can change the game anytime. I don't want to play a game that's managed like this.

srg70
10-11-12, 06:58 PM
I'm at level 37 and losing money each day. I haven't added decoration etc for a week or so. i thought I was doing something wrong, but obviously not!! I don't see the point in this game if you can't make money! I even get the daily bonus, usually 26-35k a day but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

purplegem611
10-11-12, 07:17 PM
My strategy is simple.

I don't cook.

I don't decorate.

LoL... That's exactly what I do!! Missing my bakery!! I go and tip every few days because I miss my neighbors! But I lost at least half of them!

trace35
10-11-12, 07:22 PM
I'm at level 37 and losing money each day. I haven't added decoration etc for a week or so. i thought I was doing something wrong, but obviously not!! I don't see the point in this game if you can't make money! I even get the daily bonus, usually 26-35k a day but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

Exactly. What's the point in a game you can't advance in. And if even accountants are saying it now, well then.....

dinendash7474
10-11-12, 07:31 PM
TL is ****ing BS!!! I hope they dont do the same to RS!!! Im about ready to quit. Ive been playing for a little over a year and the new price hike is a joke. I havent been buying any decor and just cooking and losing money or basically staying even. I dont really see any other way aside from not cooking or cooking cheap recipes. Im really not understanding TL's thought process??? This is going to make people buy more gems???? Highly doubt it!!! Great... so I get to take a week off to sell down my inventory and make some money back, dont you want people playing your game?? Once I take some time off, start losing neighbors and eventually lose interest in the game. Great job TL!! Do you have a business plan?? Do you know what one is?? Ive been watching TL's tactics for a year now and they defiantly arent making the money they could. You're actually probably helping me by chasing me from your game, I was wasting to much time with it anyhow. But because of the way you run your business I NEVER bought a gem, not one. Ive got lots of money and thought about making some purchases a few times but never pulled the trigger because of the way you run your business!! Wake up TL

babylovesify
10-11-12, 08:56 PM
how many ovens? if you have 20 or less then that is why.

I have 48 ovens and i spend about 800K a day on recipes. So i am going backwards
about 3 million a week. Been playing since march. I'm level 99 (well i will be tomorrow
Im just 11K XP away and i earn about 10K XP a day so real soon now lol)

Yup, less than that.

cynalie
10-11-12, 09:20 PM
It sucks ugh! It always seems stuck in the same amount of money. Change it back!! Need millions to expand but there's no way to earn money :/ And the customers are so dang slow.

etotheg
10-11-12, 09:21 PM
Completely agree. I played for 6+ months straight, then took a 6 month break, come back and the game is worse than when I left. I couldn't figure out why I kept losing money, until I noticed the extremely expensive recipes, decor and ridiculously priced goals. Not to mention it now costs 49 gems to unlock an appliance when it was 24 before, that's outrageous. I assume their idea was to sell more gems, but I'm not sure that's actually going to happen. Even with gems on sale, it's $8 to buy enough gems to unlock an additional appliance. Really? $8 for 1 fictional oven? Wow. Not sure how much longer I'm going to be in the game if the idea now is to have a bakery, but not bake because I can't afford it.

xoxjenn
10-11-12, 10:16 PM
I am a level 41 & only have $11,164 coins! I have saved for about a MONTH & A HALF to expand to the two million dollar expansion! I finally got it, but it was a LONG & BORING process. I can not even imagine what the four million dollar expansion is going to be like! I used to LOVE playing Bakery Story. Now I bake for three days & don't play for a week. I can't afford to do ANYTHING, but bake, wait, bake, wait, bake, wait. Haven't bought a decoration or anything in months!

artlomin
10-11-12, 11:02 PM
I can make money if I cook on four or five ovens, otherwise, it costs more to cook on all my ovens (18) than I earn while the stuff is cooking, particularly since all I have left to cook are the most recent, particularly expensive items. I wipe out all my cash flow by cooking. This is no way to run a business, or a game.

trace35
10-12-12, 04:16 AM
I am a level 41 & only have $11,164 coins! I have saved for about a MONTH & A HALF to expand to the two million dollar expansion! I finally got it, but it was a LONG & BORING process. I can not even imagine what the four million dollar expansion is going to be like! I used to LOVE playing Bakery Story. Now I bake for three days & don't play for a week. I can't afford to do ANYTHING, but bake, wait, bake, wait, bake, wait. Haven't bought a decoration or anything in months!
Can you imagine 30 million? That's me. I quit instantly.

trace35
10-12-12, 04:18 AM
Even if you are the player TL wants ie one that buys lots of gems to expand etc, the game is not fun, because you can't bake! It's called bakery story for goodness sake!

kooky panda
10-12-12, 05:39 AM
There has been a sufficient amount of feedback and discussion on this topic on the
Bakery Increase Prices thread. (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?35223-Bakery-Increase-in-Prices&p=409210&viewfull=1#post409210)

These changes will not be reverted at this time and TL believes this is the right decision to improve the game for a long term. If there are changes in the future, TL will visit this topic again and review more feedback.

If you would like to discuss this further, please post a new thread under the
Forum disputes (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes)forum and the community managers will address any of your concerns.

Thanks!!