PDA

View Full Version : How to earn money and get a cool restaurant

Pebbinater
11-28-10, 12:32 PM
Well I've seen all these cool places and want to know do people spend 100 bucks on gems or wat do they do I mean really how do people earn money and get a cool place

Unregistered
11-29-10, 01:14 PM
That all depends on how you define 'cool'. Items purchased with gems are nice , just as the items available to purchase through gold coins, are too.
I cook dishes based on how much money they yield. So items that take 2 days to cook produce more money.

Calicomfort

Unregistered
12-01-10, 02:09 PM
I do buy gems with real money which was a litttle stupid to do. I've spent like 100 dollars of real money. Although I really enjoy the game and have spent probably more hours playing the game than any other game. So it really isnt money wasted. But when I look back in a few months after I am bored and dont really play anymore I suppose I could kick my self for spending the money. I have only been playing about 6 weeks and I am already at maximum expansion. Too fast too soon. I could have gotten there by just using game coins instead and still have an okay looking restaurant and just patiently waited till i have enough coin to expand. If you do end up buying gems then I would use them for stuff you really love to have. Expansion isnt all that important since the max amt of customers that visit per minute is 30 so all you need is 30-35 tables max.

Yourglory
12-02-10, 11:06 PM
Getting a cool restaurant without shelling out real dollars for gems is all about getting the maximum coins and earning gems. Here's how I do it:
1. Keep food coming as much as possible. You'll be serving breakfast a lot at first.
2. Tip others to the max, especially those with 3 or 4 stars, since they're more likely to tip back.
3. Give beef stew as a gift to all your neighbors every day.
4. Accept only beef stew as a gift. You can only accept 20 per day.
5. Tip everyone who sends you a gift.
6. Cook roast chicken, beef stew, creme brullee, and salmon, in that order of preference.
7. More tables means more capacity for tips, not so much customers. Max out your tables, even if there aren't enough chairs or room to seat people. You need tips to get to a higher level so you can add appliances.
8. Try to cook the same things as much as possible to get mastery. You earn gems that way.
9. Click the community tab and tip people with 4 stars and ask them to add you. Don't forget to give your I'd instead of your restaurant name.
My restaurant and Id are the same: YourGlory.

Others can probably add more tips.

Oh, and pick a color scheme and style and stick to it. I've seen some gorgeous restaurants and they all had consistent style and a good color scheme. Cheers!

Unregistered
12-03-10, 12:27 AM
6. Cook roast chicken, beef stew, creme brullee, and salmon, in that order of preference.

I'm confused as to why you would recommend cooking these to earn more coins? They're some of the worst earners...

Generally, the quicker the food is to cook, the better the earnings. Like, cooking shrimp kabobs every hour for the same amount of time it takes to cook stew, will actually earn you more than cooking stew... (of course, this is an exaggerated example - no one is going to cook shrimp non-stop for two days). But the more "quick cooks" you can get in, the more coins you earn rather than cooking something like stew and waiting two days to re-cook it.

deadpix
12-03-10, 02:56 AM
I'm confused as to why you would recommend cooking these to earn more coins? They're some of the worst earners...

Generally, the quicker the food is to cook, the better the earnings. Like, cooking shrimp kabobs every hour for the same amount of time it takes to cook stew, will actually earn you more than cooking stew... (of course, this is an exaggerated example - no one is going to cook shrimp non-stop for two days). But the more "quick cooks" you can get in, the more coins you earn rather than cooking something like stew and waiting two days to re-cook it.

That's because you've not considered that you can only sell a limited number of plates of food per hour.

The last time I calculated the hourly consumption about 3 updates of RS ago, the average, that your restaurant with 25 tables and a rating of 100, will serve is about 2,000 plates of food per hour (I believe it is much lower now, perhaps around 1,800), regardless of what you have on the serving tables. I've tested this and the game served equal numbers of plates from each of the 13 serving tables of (different) dishes I had.

So yes, although you could get by with just 1,800 plates of shrimp kabobs per hour, but that'd only earn you 3,600 coins an hour. However, if you had 5 appliances, you could very easily have 4 of them pushing out kabobs while the fifth could be grilling salmon. In this way, after the first hour, you'd be making about 3,600 per hour for the next 11 hours and then for the next hour after that, you'd be making 5,400 coins (2 x 900 + 4 x 900) before dropping back to 3,600 for another 12 hours again.

This may not seem like a big difference at low levels, but when you have more appliances, I'm 50 xp from my eleventh appliance, it all becomes easier and more profitable to mix your staple 3 coin per serving dish with other 4, 5 and higher coin earning dishes so as to increase you per hour earnings.

Unregistered
12-03-10, 08:01 AM
I didn't say don't mix it up - by all means, I would recommend people do. I was just confused as to the recommendations of that person, as those dishes wouldn't be ones I'd recommend *specifically*. And I don't think people really think about "oh I need THIS amount of coins before THIS time", so how much coins you actually get PER HOUR doesn't mean as much as IN TOTAL to most people.

TeamLava could also change their food consumption rate at any time... they've done it before. (Yeah, I know - sync issues. But they've shown they like to change things up whenever it suits them.)

deadpix
12-03-10, 12:56 PM
I didn't say don't mix it up - by all means, I would recommend people do. I was just confused as to the recommendations of that person, as those dishes wouldn't be ones I'd recommend *specifically*. And I don't think people really think about "oh I need THIS amount of coins before THIS time", so how much coins you actually get PER HOUR doesn't mean as much as IN TOTAL to most people.

TeamLava could also change their food consumption rate at any time... they've done it before. (Yeah, I know - sync issues. But they've shown they like to change things up whenever it suits them.)

Sorry, my bad :-( I thought you meant to only cook the fast cooking, inexpensive items. But yeah, I know what you mean about the recommended dishes, I'd not put those on the top of my lists either but rather combine them with one of the 2 or 3 coin staples.

Unregistered
12-04-10, 11:24 AM
7. More tables means more capacity for tips, not so much customers. Max out your tables, even if there aren't enough chairs or room to seat people. You need tips to get to a higher level so you can add appliances.

It is all about how you want to play the game. Do you want maximum earnings or is looks of your restaurant more important to you or some people like to run the restaurant like a real one with breakfast, lunch and dinner. Personally, I think the restaurants loaded with tables just for tips don't look nice. But that is because I enjoy the decor part of the game. Lots of good hints in this string. Pick the ones that help you play the game the way you want to.

YourGlory
12-05-10, 02:22 AM
It is all about how you want to play the game. Do you want maximum earnings or is looks of your restaurant more important to you or some people like to run the restaurant like a real one with breakfast, lunch and dinner. Personally, I think the restaurants loaded with tables just for tips don't look nice. But that is because I enjoy the decor part of the game. Lots of good hints in this string. Pick the ones that help you play the game the way you want to.

I agree. I've seen some restaurants totally overloaded with tables, tooth detriment of the design ofbthe place. I try to hit a balance between pleasing design and abundant tables. If there is a choice between adding another counter or a table, I'll put in another table. I rarely run out of counter space, but my tables are often full of tips, especially if I've been away for a while.

d1fferen7
02-17-14, 08:42 AM
Stew that gives 7,000 for two days isn't worth it.. a dish, called "Stuffed Mushrooms", which can be cooked for 22Hrs. gives you 13,100 coins.. You should make some calculations before speaking.. the difference is almost double !

betita_elfica
02-17-14, 06:45 PM
As I say in my post this is the max profit list ordered: In my case with 21 appilances and 19 tables in T design (the most efficient design) i can serve 45.000 plates of Glazed ham, so i can earn about 235.000 coins per day . Now i go to see which is the income every 24 hours for seeing if is exactly 235.000 more or less. :P

http://i58.tinypic.com/hug5rp.png

ElaineCarrel
02-17-14, 07:23 PM
As I say in my post this is the max profit list ordered: In my case with 21 appilances and 19 tables in T design (the most efficient design) i can serve 45.000 plates of Glazed ham, so i can earn about 235.000 coins per day . Now i go to see which is the income every 24 hours for seeing if is exactly 235.000 more or less. :P

http://i58.tinypic.com/hug5rp.png
Thank u 4 ur post. People don't believe it when we say glazed ham and roasted chicken r the best foods 2 sale over the long run.
Buying gems w real money is a mistake. It's just as easy 2 earn gems by mastering recipes. U will earn 2 gems per mastered recipe and that's quite a bit.
This game is more then about tipping and making money. Yes both r nice it's about having fun and making friends from all over the world. U get 2 design a dream restaurant. Anything u want. Yes ur limited by ur gold coins and the size of ur restaurant but use ur imagination.
I started July 2012 both in RS and BS and reached lvl 99 in RS by April or May of 2013 and by July 2013 in BS. I've never bought a gem w "real money" I've only used iTunes cards given 2 me. My places r nice and different. They're a combination of t/c from different challenges, updates etc along w floor tiles and wallpaper from various times . I would say they're unique and different.
So don't get bogged down in trying 2 get thru the lvls fast, enjoy the game and have fun.

ElaineCarrel
02-17-14, 07:40 PM
IMHO a restaurant overloaded w tables just 4 tips is tacky looking. And 2 b honest w u when I receive a request 2 add someone and they've written this request on my wall 1 of the things I look at when I visit the restaurant is their decor, especially if they're a"newbie". I have a policy of not accepting any requests 2 b my NBR from people below lvl 50 bcuz I've had so many people quit and not tell me. I feel a restaurant overloaded w just tables and no chairs is only interested in 1 thing and that's TIPS. This game is about more then just TIPS.
It's very rare that reaching the next lvl is done w tips. A tip is only worth 1xp. Cooking will get u more xps. Yes u need 2 advance thru the lvls 2 get more appliances but y mess w ur decor just 4 more tables?

WrestlerHouse
02-19-14, 11:51 PM
I have spent about $50 in real life money for gems. Mostly for expanding my restaurant, but I do buy some items with them. I also have been playing for a while and am level 65. My place is like a sports bar and I have seen no one else do that. Check my place out if you want my ID is WrestlerHouse.

saucysammis
02-23-14, 06:03 PM
I have been playing for 3 or 4 years. In the long term you earn enough coins and gems to do plenty of decorating and expanding without spending real money. Granted, when I started the game was new and there were only a few things to choose from to cook or decorate with........

but I have a second device now and have started a second set of games.

My strategy as a new player in the games is to play goals and at the same time cook all the shortest term recipes ( under an hour) to the fourth level and get the 2 gems apiece for completion. Next I will cook all the recipes in order of shorter times to complete the 2nd level and collect the 1 gem for level 2 completion -ie- right now I'm cooking all the 1 hour recipes and some 2 hr recipes up to level 2 as well as dedicating 4 appliances to cooking for goals. (I do cook longer term recipes for the Long stretches away from the game of course.)

I'm kind of avoiding expansion because I like the look of a small cozy place that I can change the decor of, but we'll see what happens when my coins build up.

This seems to help me make sense of things. I prefer decor over tips so I set up decor that I enjoy and make sure there are 26 to 30 tables for the bots to eat at.

If you want to visit to see wha I mean or to become neighbors I play the 4 year old bakery/restaurant with this ID and the newer experimental one with the ID dabaycafe

placepoop
01-01-16, 08:40 AM
The only way to do it is tip other people and leave a message so they tip you back.

214sed
01-01-16, 12:10 PM
1. Get lots of neighbors and tables and chairs.

2. Make sure you tip them back and be active.

3. Cook some good food and have lots of plates (servings).

This is what I do a earn money. Also, leave your restaurant or bakery open to get money from people that come in to your place.

d1fferen7
01-16-16, 08:22 AM
I have 10 million and 300 thousand plates of Stuffed Mushrooms. Also, 65 million and a-half coins. Much things are bought with gems.