PDA

View Full Version : Castle Weekly Update Oct 11, 10-11-2012

sehana
10-10-12, 01:33 PM
No teaser(s) yet...

Place your screenshots here when we do get updates :)

The update is out - Castle Story 1.1!

Make sure to download it to get the new goals.

There are new materials to be crafted in the Workshop:

Homemade Sword which requires 5 pieces of wood - takes 1 min to craft
Buider's Hammer which requires 15 pieces of wood, 15 stones, and 6 iron ores - takes 30 mins to craft

Thanks, I needed something to do with all that wood and stone I've been accumulating.

Didn't notice any changes to the Potion Shop or Kitchen and I don't have the others yet.

yupiyupigumgum
10-10-12, 06:47 PM
Don't let the game get cold and spoiled. It will be thrown away

MHz_
10-11-12, 02:37 AM
Trust me... a HUGE update is about to be released. Stay tuned :)

mymummy789
10-11-12, 03:42 AM
Trust me... a HUGE update is about to be released. Stay tuned :)

I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas, lol!!!

Rockinkitten
10-11-12, 09:02 AM
I'm gonna be checking every 5 minutes haha!

MHz_
10-11-12, 09:49 AM
Sorry, I should have been more clear.. it should be released this week, not in just a few minutes :)

kooky panda
10-11-12, 10:51 AM
LOL... MHz.. You have to choose your word very carefully on update day!!!:p

IPCastle
10-11-12, 12:34 PM
Hope my misery is coming to the end... Only 30 energy, can't reach level 22 to get Architects paste (it goes so slowly)... Can't wait ☕

mamareader02
10-11-12, 12:37 PM
Lol!so sweet of you to warn him Kooky!update day and next day can be crazy on forum

yupiyupigumgum
10-11-12, 01:27 PM
Lol!so sweet of you to warn him Kooky!update day and next day can be crazy on forum

Yup! This forum is very responsive to the word 'update' :p

floramina
10-11-12, 01:34 PM
Yup! This forum is very responsive to the word 'update' :p

update? did someone say update? yay, gonna check my game now lol

GTMoney
10-11-12, 02:08 PM
The update is out - Castle Story 1.1!

Make sure to download it to get the new goals.

yupiyupigumgum
10-11-12, 02:17 PM
Downloading it now.

laVirtualCloset
10-11-12, 02:25 PM
This puppy must be huge; its taking forever to download.

yupiyupigumgum
10-11-12, 02:40 PM
This puppy must be huge; its taking forever to download.

New goals! Yay! Thanks TL! ;)

maguar
10-11-12, 02:58 PM
Lots of new quests (from where they're going we'll be able to unlock Ivy's Hut and the Hot Sauce Recipe - complete with Rat Tail)
Changes to recipes (there are a lot more materials required)
Changes to Adventures (some removed - possibly appear by level, requirements and time)
Changes to some expansion prices
We can no expand to some of the landmarks (Tablet of Tabernum and the fairy garden)
Don't think we're able to request Wisp Lanterns
Baby Pig and Sheep for 20 gems (reluctant to buy as I don't know what they produce, what it will be used for and if there will be later quests to buy/tend them)

In the process of updating my guide. Please let me know if I've missed anything - especially building parts. Thanks

maguar
10-11-12, 03:05 PM
Questions -

Can you please let me know why we need to see people's Royal Points from the Community and Neighbour lists?
Could we get that replaced with an Activity Rating?
Will the number of gifts we can send increase to offset the increase in crafting materials required?

laVirtualCloset
10-11-12, 03:20 PM
Baby Pig and Sheep for 20 gems (reluctant to buy as I don't know what they produce, what it will be used for and if there will be later quests to buy/tend them)

I have a few gems to spare so I went ahead and purchased one of each. It takes 20 minutes for the sheep to replenish and 10 minutes for the pig. I'll let you know what happens after feeding them a few times.

laVirtualCloset
10-11-12, 03:22 PM
One interesting change is that the red patch has been replaced with a wonderful gray stink bomb around skunkpine (or Ordorius Nostradams ... aka O.No - as my neighbors know him )

laVirtualCloset
10-11-12, 03:28 PM
There are new materials to be crafted in the Workshop:

Homemade Sword which requires 5 pieces of wood - takes 1 min to craft
Buider's Hammer which requires 15 pieces of wood, 15 stones, and 6 iron ores - takes 30 mins to craft

Thanks, I needed something to do with all that wood and stone I've been accumulating.

Didn't notice any changes to the Potion Shop or Kitchen and I don't have the others yet.

laVirtualCloset
10-11-12, 03:29 PM
Also, the plants are the same. Didn't see anything new.

laVirtualCloset
10-11-12, 03:31 PM
No additional gift choices either. We have the same 9 options.

maguar
10-11-12, 03:34 PM

Lot of changes to both. I've updated the info in my guide.

laVirtualCloset
10-11-12, 03:39 PM
I've expanded into the area with the Tablet of Tabernum. I don't know what it does but you can relocate the stone. Oops, I forgot to record what the price was but I expansion price was very reasonable: 35,000 coins, less than 885 royaly pts - cause that's all I've got, and single digit laterns . . . sorry, I should have paid closer attention.

Troubadura
10-11-12, 03:50 PM
I like the Update so far. But now it would be definitly nice to encrease the Energy to everyone. Level 24 and still 30...
Except this u guys dit a great Job!!

laVirtualCloset
10-11-12, 03:55 PM
I've expanded into the area with the Tablet of Tabernum. I don't know what it does but you can relocate the stone. Oops, I forgot to record what the price was but I expansion price was very reasonable: 35,000 coins, less than 885 royaly pts - cause that's all I've got, and single digit laterns . . . sorry, I should have paid closer attention.

Question appears over the tablet and it brings up a goal . . . you have to construct a Translator's Tome. The goal gives 2,500 coins and 10 XP's

The book will be constructed in the Workshop:
Leather Cover - requires 3 cow hids - takes 1 min to craft
Magic Page - requires one piece of Fine Parchment and 1 Magic Ink (from the Potion shop - this is new) - takes 5 hours to craft
Fine Parchment - requires 15 pieces of wood, 1 living wood, 3 buckets of water - takes 30 mins to craft
Iron Binding - requires 3 iron ores - takes 1 min to craft
Translators Tome - requires 2 Iron Bindings, 10 Magic Pages, and 1 Cover - takes 8 hrs to craft

From the Potion Shop:
Magic Ink - requires 10 glimmerdust, 5 mermaid scales, and 10 buckets - takes 4 hrs to craft

Purplum
10-11-12, 07:02 PM
With the increased requirements for crafting, would really be nice to get the energy ceiling boosted or (preferably) have the gain rate increased a little bit :)

Classic70
10-12-12, 01:17 AM
Pigs and sheep, yay! Love that!

plsforever
10-12-12, 01:35 AM
I hate the energy thing it makes the games dull and boring my husband and I play city metro and it just don't match up to farm again we hate the energy thing city and castle needs to be updated to NO ENERGY.... Then these games will be bigger than farm story.

Jane84
10-12-12, 02:35 AM
Like the update. Hate that takes 10 glimmer dust to make magic ink and you need 10! Magic ink. I only seem to get a couple of glimmerdust a day. its going to take ages

maguar
10-12-12, 02:40 AM
Important warning - if you go to expand, don't click to use your wisp lanterns unless your definitely going to expand there. If you click it the lanterns get deducted from your inventory. This is important to remember as it looks like we might not be able to request lanterns anymore.

maguar
10-12-12, 03:10 AM
Old logs now also give Living Wood and Rat Tails

maguar
10-12-12, 03:14 AM
Like the update. Hate that takes 10 glimmer dust to make magic ink and you need 10! Magic ink. I only seem to get a couple of glimmerdust a day. its going to take ages

Red mushroom circle just gave me 2 glimmer dust. Maybe they increased the quantity we ge or the frequency of the drop?

tarragon57
10-12-12, 03:26 AM
If I get the theatre now at level 19 will it still be level 22 that I have to wait to build it???

maguar
10-12-12, 03:36 AM
If I get the theatre now at level 19 will it still be level 22 that I have to wait to build it???

It's now

5 Blue Dye
3 Builder's Paste
3 Enchanted Beam
3 Enchanted Block

kattybell
10-12-12, 04:08 AM
There's also a quest you unlock when you visit a community member, it's called: A "Down With The Baron" Party: gives you 1, 250 and +5 experience. You need to make 5 new friends (not sure if different for each player), Visit 40 kingdoms, and request friends to create 15 Baron Masks.

kattybell
10-12-12, 04:10 AM
There's also a quest you unlock when you visit a community member, it's called: A "Down With The Baron" Party: gives you 1, 250 and +5 experience. You need to make 5 new friends (not sure if different for each player), Visit 40 kingdoms, and request friends to create 15 Baron Masks.

I'm not sure if you have to start or finish another quest to unlock this one.

maguar
10-12-12, 04:15 AM
I'm not sure if you have to start or finish another quest to unlock this one.

You just need to visit a community member to unlock it. The 40 kingdoms have to be non neighbours

tarragon57
10-12-12, 04:27 AM
It's now

5 Blue Dye
3 Builder's Paste
3 Enchanted Beam
3 Enchanted Block
Great news thank you :-)

laVirtualCloset
10-12-12, 06:27 AM
Baby Pig and Sheep for 20 gems (reluctant to buy as I don't know what they produce, what it will be used for and if there will be later quests to buy/tend them

The adult sheep gives 1 wool, 1XP, and 10 coins. You also get 1 wool from the stable. Don't know if u can get that without having the sheep.

The adult pig is a bit of a disappointment. You get 1 mushroom, 1 XP, and 10 coins. Unless this is temporary, I'd spend my gems on something else. You can get LOTS of mushrooms from plants for a few coins.

maguar
10-12-12, 10:53 AM
The adult sheep gives 1 wool, 1XP, and 10 coins. You also get 1 wool from the stable. Don't know if u can get that without having the sheep.

The adult pig is a bit of a disappointment. You get 1 mushroom, 1 XP, and 10 coins. Unless this is temporary, I'd spend my gems on something else. You can get LOTS of mushrooms from plants for a few coins.

You can get the Wool from the Stable without any sheep

hmgdanielson
10-12-12, 11:44 AM
Red mushroom circle just gave me 2 glimmer dust. Maybe they increased the quantity we ge or the frequency of the drop?

This happened to me before the update. The problem, I found, was that the red mushroom circles gave glimmerdust a lot less frequently than the patches and the normal rings (so it worked out to be less in the long run). If they increased the frequency of the drop, I'd love to know.

dragonolic
10-12-12, 12:47 PM

600 Royal Points, 5 lanterns, 35000 coins

They style the requirements differently now, it looks more like the goals interface

laVirtualCloset
10-12-12, 12:51 PM
600 Royal Points, 5 lanterns, 35000 coins

Thanks! I was so excited to be able to expand with what I had available, I forgot to note the requirements.

dragonolic
10-12-12, 12:56 PM
Thanks! I was so excited to be able to expand with what I had available, I forgot to note the requirements.
Understood! I don't have enough coins, so I had time to check, haha!

dragonolic
10-12-12, 01:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pyMUH.jpg

dragonolic
10-12-12, 01:40 PM
You have to tap the swords to fight it now. It didn't appear to matter which one I tapped.

hopesdragons
10-12-12, 01:47 PM
After the update, it takes 15 wood for one Fancy Beam, 15 wood for one sheet of paper and 15 wood for one hammer... I really think that's a bit much, especially when were limited on the number of saw mills we can have. (And its basically saying it takes two full trees to make one sheet of paper or a single hammer?)

Also, items that were previously unlocked in the Magical Forge are now locked and the builder's hammer has been moved to the workshop, it pretty much renders the Magic Forge useless except for long swords until level 28..I believe it was.

hopesdragons
10-12-12, 01:50 PM
Sorry, that would be level 24 for the Knight's Axe.

maguar
10-14-12, 02:17 PM
Old logs now also give Living Wood and Rat Tails

This hasn't occurred basically since I reported it. Is it a rare drop or was it a bug that it was dropping it at all?