PDA

View Full Version : If you breed 4 colors, can you get a dragon with purple?

cakeandpie
10-07-12, 02:09 PM
I'm breeding an athletic and parakeet right now and have a twelve hour breeding time. It's either firestorm (likely), water (which I think you only get a single color dragon from breeding two single color dragons--can anyone confirm?), or mistmoth. Since purple wasn't in my original mix, is mistmoth even possible? Or if you breed red-yellow-blue-green, will it combine blue and red for purple?

Bogiefurret
10-07-12, 02:17 PM
I tried fire (red) and water (blue) and got a purple egg.

jrodt333
10-07-12, 02:23 PM
According to the Dragon Story Wiki's breeding calculator, you either got a Firestorm or a Mermaid (in other words, you got a Firestorm:)). It shows that you can't get a Mistmoth from that combo, so I guess the answer to your question would be no unless you breed a Magic Dragon, which it says is possible.

auroracon
10-07-12, 03:07 PM
I don't think its possible to get a magic hybrid from two parents that aren't either magic, or a magic hybrid themselves. Its like skipping a step in genetics. First you need to make the purple. then you can pass it on to your kids :D

of course i could be wrong but i have definitely never gotten a magic hybrid without using purple in one of the parents.

bigtail2
10-07-12, 05:27 PM
Yes, it is. I have one in the nest right now. Was trying for diamond and crossed a crusader with? Forget now, but it was the other two colors.

cakeandpie
10-07-12, 08:49 PM
If you have a crusader, don't you already have a diamond? You need diamond to make a crusader...

Can you get any color or color hybrid if you breed a diamond or diamond hybrid? Maybe that is why you got a purple.

cakeandpie
10-07-12, 08:52 PM
According to the Dragon Story Wiki's breeding calculator, you either got a Firestorm or a Mermaid (in other words, you got a Firestorm:)).

Oh, I forgot Mermaid! So there's still hope... ;) actually I'll never say never because I got the super rare parakeet a few days ago. So you never know. I keep trying the dragons with the names people think might be lucky. Who knows?

bigtail2
10-07-12, 08:56 PM
Sorry, wrong one. I meant athletic!