PDA

View Full Version : New Notification Pop-up SUPER ANNOYING!

Quimbly
10-07-12, 12:49 PM
Please take the new notification pop-up away! It takes up the whole screen on my phone every time someone tips me, my food is ready or I have a new message. I have way too many people tipping me and leaving messages and I can't even dial a number to call on my phone without that message coming up and blocking my whole keypad! You could at least make that an option in the settings menu for each individual player to decide if we want it or not!

kooky panda
10-07-12, 01:06 PM
You can go into your settings in the game and turn off the notifications so you will not get the pop ups.
You can turn off tips received, and food ready notifications.

XoticLatina
10-08-12, 03:53 PM
I agree, the new notification pop ups are annoying. I know we can turn them off when we want but that would make us forget about serving the food. TL need to leave the notifications how they were before all the updates. I feel silly when I am showing someone a picture on my phone or looking up something on the internet and the notification pops up on the whole screen, makes me want to uninstall the games.

DaojinWildfire
10-08-12, 05:52 PM
I don't think we changed anything to the push notifications in our games. I have seen Jelly Bean devices receive large square icons on the screen when they receive notifications. Did you guys recently update your devices to Jelly Bean?

queentina3
10-09-12, 04:52 AM
DW, this is happening on my Motorola Droid Bionic and I haven't been updated to any of the new OSs (They are slow in making updates with this phone due to major system problems they've had with it since its release a year ago). It does go away after 3 seconds, but it's quite a pain having the notification take up the whole screen, especially when you're in the middle of doing something in another game when the pop-up comes, as it then takes you out of the game you were playing and puts you into the one that just notified you. :(

Quimbly
10-09-12, 10:35 AM
Kooky Panda, I did try unchecking all of my notifications so that I would no longer receive them, but the picture continued to pop up. I just didn't receive my regular notifications.

kooky panda
10-09-12, 10:51 AM
Kooky Panda, I did try unchecking all of my notifications so that I would no longer receive them, but the picture continued to pop up. I just didn't receive my regular notifications.
I think I misunderstood your first post. Are you referring to a notification asking you to download another game?

I know right now I have on my Ipod the big screen pop up to download RS- Halloween story.
If this is the one you are talking about, if you go ahead and download the game, this pop up will stop.
(You can play the new game, or delete it.)

Quimbly
10-09-12, 09:24 PM
No- I probably shouldn't have called it a pop-up. Not sure what to call it- it's the giant picture of the red Bakery Story cake that takes over my whole screen every time I get a new notification. I tried turning off my notifications and the giant cake still appears just as if my notifications are still on. I agree with XoticLatina though, even if turning my notifications off made it go away- I would still hate the fact that I didn't have any notifications period. It constantly pops up when I'm on the internet, Facebook, dialing, etc.

Quimbly
10-09-12, 09:26 PM
I also have a Droid- don't know of that makes a difference.

queentina3
10-10-12, 09:42 AM
LOL Quimbly, it probably is a droid thing. :p

Kooky, it isn't just happening in BS either, as I deleted mine from my phone. It happens in RS and Farm as well. When I get a notification that my food is done, the whole screen is filled with the RS icon on the left and the right states what the notification is, the background changes to a white that is almost clear so you can still see what you were doing. Once the notification goes away, and you haven't tapped on it by mistake, it just shows up with the little RS/BS/Etc at the top of the phone in the normal notification drop-down box.

The issue is, if we are in the middle of another game, say Fashion, and are removing clothes or whatever, and the pop-up notification comes up, I accidently tap it because of what I was doing in my game and it removes me from the game and brings me to the one that gave me the notification pop-up. It's really annoying. :(

queentina3
10-13-12, 07:46 AM
Ok, it isn't happening anymore, at least not with the whole screen having the pop-up. Now it just has the little scrolling one again at the bottom. I don't know if it's because I'm using RS Halloween now or not, but it seems to have resolved itself for me at least. I don't have any versions of BS on my phone any longer, so it wasn't because of a BS version this was happening, it was the RS version that was affecting me. :)

Quimbly
10-13-12, 01:15 PM
Still affecting me :(

[S8] Elsa
10-13-12, 01:30 PM
Still affecting me :(

Can you check your Android settings and make sure your notifications are set up as you prefer. I don't have this particular device, but I know that some phones give you options for how your notifications display.

If this still happens for you, please share a screenshot or photo of the issue.

Quimbly
10-14-12, 08:27 PM
I haven't been able to get Bakery Story Halloween Edition until today- Not sure why since everyone else had it 3 days ago, but downloaded it and uninstalled my regular Bakery Story. My problem has stopped now also. Thanks everyone for helping! It was driving me nuts!