PDA

View Full Version : How days behind are you on gifting gold?

almondieeyez
10-05-12, 06:33 AM
My policy for gifting gold, is if u gift me I will gift back. Anybody out there with same mentality? According to history, I am like 6 days behind on gifting gold to my neighbors. This 3 per day really takes a bite out of gifting back.

How many days behind are you?

shalla666
10-05-12, 07:18 AM
Game says I have a neighbor that is 6 days back, but I know I've been gifting that neighbor frequently. I have generally been 1 day back, since when I first started playing I didn't realize you could only gift 3 and did a blanket gift like I do in the other games. So the next morning I "Gift Back". It really drives me nuts that we can't do at least 5 ... something about the psychology of the number 5 I guess.

jl0408
10-05-12, 10:04 AM
At first I also did a blanket gift not knowing you could only gift 3 per day. Then I starting gifting back as I got gold from neighbors. Then I felt like I was only gifting and getting gold from the same people because the others using the gift back method maybe didn't have a chance to gift me. So now I've been going down my friends list and gifting 3 per day. The hard part about this method is remembering where I left off the previous day.

FridayFreckled
10-05-12, 10:11 AM
I tend to only run about a day behind or so. I gift back the top two and the bottom one on the list of those who have gifted me. I doo have the same people that gift me almost daily, so it works out OK. I seem to get 3-5 gold per day, sometimes a little more.

If someone new on my list gifts me, I make sure they get return gifted within 2 days. There are probably 7 or 8 neighbors that obviously use a different method because they gift about once a week or two. They always get gifted back as well. It took a while to figure out the method I liked best. This one means I don't have to keep track of where I left off -- if someone gifts me after I've done my 3, they show up at the top of the list the next day and get gifted then. :)

kwhales
10-07-12, 05:52 AM
I just wish the game didn't wipe out the 'gift' option on social. I keep track of who I played with or visited (in other games) by the gift option. Once I played/visited I gift. If I was unable to play/visit because my neighbor was full, I wouldn't gift. That way, I knew who to go back to and play/visit. I might not always be able to leave a gift, but at least I could leave coins for visiting. But with this game, once you give 3 gold, TL lightens all the gift options on every player. I end up having to go visit each one again so I can leave coins on the ones I didn't on my first visit.

My way of thinking is that if you can't give gold, at least I can leave as much coins as possible.