PDA

View Full Version : Tavern - really annoying

Classic70
10-05-12, 01:24 AM
I just reached level 14 and got the notification that I had unlocked a new building: the Tavern. I love that building so I immediately bought it. Now it turns out I need Building paste to build it, but crafting that is locked untill level 17!! Now I'm stuck with an unbuilt Tavern for 3 levels! Where is the logic in this...?

laVirtualCloset
10-05-12, 06:20 AM
The reference guide that Maguar put together is extremely helpful and will help u avoid this in the future:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Agn56FhMH3MFdHhUQUZRaWFoZ21zY29kbDhnRmpSUE E

I ran into this issue once with the marketplace. I used some of my free gems from installing RS to build since I didn't want to wait and it didn't cost me anything due to the free gems.

laVirtualCloset
10-05-12, 06:23 AM
The guide list the parts required and typically shows if a part isn't available until later. I can't explain why the game is set up this way but at least the guide will make u an informed consumer. Once u know, ur options r to wait or purchase gems...ur choice.

Classic70
10-05-12, 06:46 AM
The guide list the parts required and typically shows if a part isn't available until later. I can't explain why the game is set up this way but at least the guide will make u an informed consumer. Once u know, ur options r to wait or purchase gems...ur choice.

Thanks! I will certainly check the guide first in future. For now I think I'll wait because I did not get the RS goal. I would still appreciate a response from TL staff or a moderator about why the game is set up this way and if they are planning to change this...

hmgdanielson
10-05-12, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the link to the guide. It's not entirely up to date, though (I've built both a hatchery and stable without Builder's/Architect's Paste). I posted about the Magic Forge yesterday, and discovered the same problem with the Tavern today.

I'm surprised that more buildings aren't requiring super glue to build - it's the glue available to us, but I only recall using it once (stable? hatchery?).

laVirtualCloset
10-05-12, 12:19 PM
Thanks, given how new the game is there will be constant updates needed in the *short term. *However, even with the need for updates its a hugely valuable resource the first players never had. The guide is done completely voluntarily by another player (Maguar, u rock!). If u have updated info I'm sure she'd appreciate the assistance.

You can post updates here:
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?35549-Castle-Story-Reference-Guide

mamareader02
10-05-12, 12:28 PM
Same here- bought a building to generate some much needed moolah- but oops- cant build till I get the workshop that makes those parts! So now I gotta save my coins again w a useless building sitting there

hmgdanielson
10-05-12, 12:51 PM
Thanks, given how new the game is there will be constant updates needed in the *short term. *However, even with the need for updates its a hugely valuable resource the first players never had. The guide is done completely voluntarily by another player (Maguar, u rock!). If u have updated info I'm sure she'd appreciate the assistance.

You can post updates here:
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?35549-Castle-Story-Reference-Guide

I totally would offer up the updated info... If I remembered it! I'm sorry! :(

maguar
10-05-12, 01:26 PM
Thanks laVirtualCloset. Any info about the changes is appreciated. A lot of the parts changed after I or my neighbours built stuff.

I know that the devs have been tracking these issues. We've had some big wins such as when they changed parts from super glue to simple glue.

cyhiraeth
10-07-12, 12:52 AM
How is this joke still in game? Move the tavern level requirement or the paste's, this is quite pathetic.

Purplum
10-08-12, 09:48 AM
It really is quite sloppy on TL's part to make a building available at a level when you can't finish it. I lived with an incomplete tavern and forge for too many levels while waiting for the builder's paste to become available. Please make either the paste a lower level unlock, or the buildings a lvl 17 unlock. (it makes your game look very unpolished to have it otherwise.)