PDA

View Full Version : Gifting basic parts - is it still a good idea?

arale_norimaki
10-05-12, 01:05 AM
Hi!

First of all I must say I am only asking this because I am curious to know what your answers would be and hope they may help me find about how I could be a better player in this game. I am not critizing anyone's choice, just trying to understand the best gaming strategy, since you are always so kind and explain lots of stuff around here.

I play BS and am currently *level 43, I've already built one of each appliance (most of them are stored, don't have room for all of them, and use them according to my needs). I also play RS and probably that's what got me thinking about this stuff. I used to be a strong believer in the "gift-basic-parts-only" movement but I am starting to have doubts about this strategy, let me explain:

For what I've seen, until August in BS anytime a new appliance would come out it used to require both basic and new parts (with the exception of the bread oven, but this one is quite special given that parts were given also while achieving the goals). This is still the case for RS, each new appliance requires both special and basic parts.

However, for BS the last 6 new appliances require only special parts. Hence any basic part you have sitting on your gifts inventory reminds there, unused, and (unlike RS) you always start building any new appliance from scratch since the required parts are always brand new.

Of course, I am assuming a person who achieved level 7X, 8X, 9X has already built lots of easy ovens and all the old appliances with 1-3 recipes they may need, but maybe I am wrong.

I am also aware that higher level players have problems clearing their counters (not my case for now) so I understand they don't need any extra food.*

For now I am still gifting basic parts to all my neighbors but two who prefer food, and only send special parts when a new appliance comes out for 2/3 days.

But, since
1/ food gifting is often useless for higher level players;
2/ basic parts have become quite useless to them too;
3/ once they finish the new appliance(s), they don't need special parts anymore, so most of us turn back to asking for basic parts (but see number 2!);
I am wondering: what is the best gifting option?

Any advice on this?

Thanks a lot for yur time, I hope I explained myself clearly, please ask if I didn't :-)

xmediawork
10-05-12, 02:02 AM
Personally I enjoy getting basic parts, I like having a stockpile for future use so I don't have to request any from my neighbors who are either in a different time zone or don't have time to reply right away.

babylovesify
10-05-12, 02:04 AM
I'm a high level player, level 98. To me, basic parts are useless, I have lots of it in my inventory. If only there's a option to delete them..

Once I finished [Number 3], I will accept capp as I can earn the most profit out of it.

I don't think there's any best gifting option, everyone has different wants. I think for lower-level players, they will prefer basic parts, and for higher-level players, they will prefer capp unless they plan to build many of each oven, which they will need basic parts. And for all players, they will prefer to receive new parts when there's a new appliance.

arale_norimaki
10-05-12, 02:18 AM
Personally I enjoy getting basic parts, I like having a stockpile for future use so I don't have to request any from my neighbors who are either in a different time zone or don't have time to reply right away.

My guess is you are not done building the old appliances, right?
I have lots of basic parts, too, but it is frustrating because I can not actually use them anymore :(

arale_norimaki
10-05-12, 02:20 AM
I'm a high level player, level 98. To me, basic parts are useless, I have lots of it in my inventory. If only there's a option to delete them..

Once I finished [Number 3], I will accept capp as I can earn the most profit out of it.

(...)

So you are not experiencing any of those problems I read about, where people complain they don't sell the food they bake and some still have some of the dishes from last Halloween?

arale_norimaki
10-05-12, 02:20 AM
By the way, thanks to you both for your feedback :) :) :)

babylovesify
10-05-12, 04:40 AM
For me, I don't have last year Halloween's food, managed to sell out. By the way, I baked to master, maybe they baked more.. I don't know.

Of course, I have the problem whereby I has a lot of food, and is selling very slow.

I only request capp from my neighbours as for me, I think for parts I can get it through requests as I don't bake on the new-est appliance that came out so I'm not in a hurry to build it.

Dreamer691
10-05-12, 04:43 AM
I'm on level 97 and I have wayyyyy to many of the basic parts lol. I'd noticed that all the new appliances lately required new parts too. I usually gift and accept only food unless there's a new appliance.

marrrina
10-05-12, 05:42 AM
I prefer the basic parts (Level 97) and only like new parts for a few days after a new appliance has come out. I can understand why you'd say even the basics seem useless though, since a lot of the new appliances are strictly new special parts.

arale_norimaki
10-05-12, 06:11 AM
For me, I don't have last year Halloween's food, managed to sell out. By the way, I baked to master, maybe they baked more.. I don't know.

Of course, I have the problem whereby I has a lot of food, and is selling very slow.

I only request capp from my neighbours as for me, I think for parts I can get it through requests as I don't bake on the new-est appliance that came out so I'm not in a hurry to build it.

Thanks! Good to know that not everyone is experiencing the same problems, You are surely right and it depends on the way each one plays :)

arale_norimaki
10-05-12, 06:15 AM
I'm on level 97 and I have wayyyyy to many of the basic parts lol. I'd noticed that all the new appliances lately required new parts too. I usually gift and accept only food unless there's a new appliance.

I prefer the basic parts (Level 97) and only like new parts for a few days after a new appliance has come out. I can understand why you'd say even the basics seem useless though, since a lot of the new appliances are strictly new special parts.
Thanks for answering :o

LOL, so far each person has a different point of view :p

I am just hesitating about it, not sure what is the best option :confused:

AnnasCoffee
10-05-12, 06:41 AM
I used to get upset if I didn't get the gifts I wanted. But, then I realized there are so many gifts, neighbors aren't psychic and MOST people don't have time to read walls for special requests and check your floor to see if your building a machine. I got to the point that I hesitated to send anyone a gift at all because I was afraid to send them something they didn't want.

The problems is... There are no one or two "BEST" gifts. I wouldnt worry too much. If your neighbors don't get exactly what they were hoping for... It's okay. They can decline.

...not sure what is the best option :confused:

I think the game is intensionally designed to confuse players. You DON'T know what parts you (or your neighbors) will need in in the future, so you CAN'T plan ahead and be prepared. That way, when a new appliance comes out, you might not have the parts you need. Specialty parts add to this "not prepared" aspect.

Why would they do this?... So when the new appliance comes out SOME people might buy a few parts with gems. AND so everyone is dependent on their neighbors every week... everyone feels like they can't quit or they will let their neighbors down. (Personally, I dont worry about that... I think people can make new neighbors:) ).

electrikbarbarella
10-05-12, 06:43 AM
I'm at level 70. I like capp as a gift b/c I make the most profit from it. When a new appliance comes out, I send out material requests for the parts I need so there's no need to stockpile parts. I've changed my baking strategy with the price change. I only have 4 appliances on my bakery floor now so my food doesn't pile up. Hope this helps! :)

NeeOnn
10-05-12, 01:09 PM
I'm on level 38, Mainly parts now. Lucky if I get 5 pieces of food :) I prefer parts as I have full counters, I've shut it down for like a week in September just to cook (from 400k coins to 100k!) And it's been a month and I still have a TON of the food left :) Unlike RS, my people eat all the food quickly so I need food in RS.

minidemon88
10-06-12, 12:18 AM
It's a good idea! Why not..?! I love to stockpile plenty of basic parts in my inventory. That way, I can build new appliance faster without having to request them from my neighbor and I can straightaway request new parts from them instead. Save me time and my request slots. And I'm sure most players will prefer parts than foods instead in BS. As our food doesn't sell out fast like RS. The food you cooked last year will still be there after a year unless you thrash it away. So you know, how slow it takes to sell out our food. @_@

Gifting food is only useful for low level player. By that, I meant level 1-15 or maybe till level 20. If they have been actively playing since level 1 to level 20, I'm sure they have enough food to sell. At the end of it, it depend on how you play this game. Different person have different ways of playing the game. =)

Aristodeme
10-06-12, 01:41 AM
+1 with minidemon88. And I usually just try my best to have neighbors that want parts only and no food, so that way I don't get lost in translation while gifting multiple neighbors the same thing.

pattypopo
10-06-12, 09:18 AM
I had a lot of food on counters that I started throwing out to make room for decor. This was right before the increase in prices. Now with the increase I don't even bake on all my appliances because it costs too much. I only build one of any new appliances now, so like to get the parts for about 2 days. I only keep enough food to get by. I love to get cappuccinno and have requested it many times on my wall, nut my neighbors still send me a lot of parts that I don't accept. I have had to completly change the way I used to play.

arale_norimaki
10-07-12, 04:41 AM
Thank you all for you feedback!

But I still don't get how stocking basic oarts that are no longer used is a good idea...

It's a good idea! Why not..?! I love to stockpile plenty of basic parts in my inventory. That way, I can build new appliance faster without having to request them from my neighbor and I can straightaway request new parts from them instead. Save me time and my request slots. And I'm sure most players will prefer parts than foods instead in BS. As our food doesn't sell out fast like RS. The food you cooked last year will still be there after a year unless you thrash it away. So you know, how slow it takes to sell out our food. @_@

Gifting food is only useful for low level player. By that, I meant level 1-15 or maybe till level 20. If they have been actively playing since level 1 to level 20, I'm sure they have enough food to sell. At the end of it, it depend on how you play this game. Different person have different ways of playing the game. =)

I agree, it all depends on the person, as I said I am a gift-only-parts player.
But since the last 6 new appliances did not require any of them I really believe that the argument that it helps you build the new aplliances faster is not good for BS anymore (it is still for RS)

+1 with minidemon88. And I usually just try my best to have neighbors that want parts only and no food, so that way I don't get lost in translation while gifting multiple neighbors the same thing.

I only have two neighbors who prefer food, they are friends and that is why I keep them and I agree it is easier to have neighbors that play like you.

I had a lot of food on counters that I started throwing out to make room for decor. This was right before the increase in prices. Now with the increase I don't even bake on all my appliances because it costs too much. I only build one of any new appliances now, so like to get the parts for about 2 days. I only keep enough food to get by. I love to get cappuccinno and have requested it many times on my wall, nut my neighbors still send me a lot of parts that I don't accept. I have had to completly change the way I used to play.

so, if I understood correctly, the new economics made you switch from parts to food?

Angain,thank you all for your feedback on this subject!

mico3
10-07-12, 05:47 PM
I used to prefer receiving parts, now I am at level 97 and because coins are harder to accumulate, I think that receiving food (particularly cappuccino) is better. I really have no use for the basic parts anymore because I have so many accumulated... and special parts I only really accept 2-3 days after a new appliance is released, because I buy and build 3 right away and then have no use for extra parts after that. I find it so annoying when people are sending specialty parts long after a new appliance is released! But I don't complain, I just decline the gifts I don't want and accept the ones I do.

minidemon88
10-11-12, 03:41 AM
@arale_norimaki: You will never know when TL will decide to release new appliance using classic parts to build only. I remember there was once when TL released some appliances using classic parts which were seldom use and we have to keep asking material requests from our neighbors again.

Some times its funny when you have stated clearly on your wall that your a gift and accept parts player. When people ask you to add them, they still gift you food instead of part. And when you try to be nice to remind them about your gift request, they simply just delete you away. Make me think if they really did read the wall. There's also another whereby people stated that they're not accepting neighbors anymore. But you will still see comment with their ID asking you to add them. LOL!

arale_norimaki
10-11-12, 04:18 PM
@arale_norimaki: You will never know when TL will decide to release new appliance using classic parts to build only. I remember there was once when TL released some appliances using classic parts which were seldom use and we have to keep asking material requests from our neighbors again.

Some times its funny when you have stated clearly on your wall that your a gift and accept parts player. When people ask you to add them, they still gift you food instead of part. And when you try to be nice to remind them about your gift request, they simply just delete you away. Make me think if they really did read the wall. There's also another whereby people stated that they're not accepting neighbors anymore. But you will still see comment with their ID asking you to add them. LOL!

Lol, I know, some people is just weird... I just cleaned up my list of food gifters (many of them asked for parts on return, I drove me nuts) and dragon gifters (seriously?!). I decided I deserve neighbors who remember want I want, the way I know what my neighbors prefers.

I am still not convinced about the basic parts for Bakery. I just built 5 easy ovens and still have 30-50 pieces of each basic part in my inventory. I can't imagine how many of them higher level players have...

I guess my main issue is that I compare it to RS, where the basic parts are still 100% useful and where you have 3 easy appliances instead of only one (by the way, why don't we have an easy mixer?!)

minidemon88
10-12-12, 02:29 AM
Lol, I know, some people is just weird... I just cleaned up my list of food gifters (many of them asked for parts on return, I drove me nuts) and dragon gifters (seriously?!). I decided I deserve neighbors who remember want I want, the way I know what my neighbors prefers.

I am still not convinced about the basic parts for Bakery. I just built 5 easy ovens and still have 30-50 pieces of each basic part in my inventory. I can't imagine how many of them higher level players have...

I guess my main issue is that I compare it to RS, where the basic parts are still 100% useful and where you have 3 easy appliances instead of only one (by the way, why don't we have an easy mixer?!)

Agreed that some players are just weird. I have more than 200 classic parts in my inventory. By the way, level 98 in BS here. =x How I wish I could donate some classic parts to my account in RS instead.

arale_norimaki
10-12-12, 03:18 AM
Agreed that some players are just weird. I have more than 200 classic parts in my inventory. By the way, level 98 in BS here. =x How I wish I could donate some classic parts to my account in RS instead.

That would be super super super cool!
You should add it to the monthly suggestions :)

misssanthropist
10-16-12, 10:31 AM
If you have the time and the patience, or basically don't have a life (like me), you can make a list of what neighbors need, just ask your neighbors what they want for about 3 days and take note of their replies. You'll notice the Cappuccino lovers and the parts lovers, color code them (Use a spreadsheet).

I always tip all my neighbors and write on their walls what I'd like them to send me (usually a specific part since I try to collect 140 of each) so basically, the cappuccino lovers are brown, parts lovers are grey (since im requesting screws this week so the for the parts lovers i simply send them what i need). I've made it a habit to delete the people that never send me what i ask for, because im evil like that and really trying to cut down my neighbor count.

For the specific parts requests they're color coded too.

When i gift my neighbors, i start by ticking all the cappuccino lovers and send the gift. Parts lovers next. Then specific parts last.

For the specific parts requesters i usually ask them if they'll still be needing the same part tomorrow, and take note of their replies.

The list helps too when people gift you, you get to gift back faster.

My point is, different neighbors have different wants, so if you're really into getting the things you want and being a really good and helpful neighbor, you might as well cater to everyones needs. It's been really rewarding because all my neighbors are pretty helpful ever since I went crazy with my method.

Okay, so i just elaborated my daily routine, man, i really need to get a life. :(

buymeacake
10-16-12, 10:42 AM
I think it is good to make a poll for this topic

minidemon88
10-17-12, 12:16 AM
That would be super super super cool!
You should add it to the monthly suggestions :)

No point. Since they never listen to their players feedback.

If you have the time and the patience, or basically don't have a life (like me), you can make a list of what neighbors need, just ask your neighbors what they want for about 3 days and take note of their replies. You'll notice the Cappuccino lovers and the parts lovers, color code them (Use a spreadsheet).

I always tip all my neighbors and write on their walls what I'd like them to send me (usually a specific part since I try to collect 140 of each) so basically, the cappuccino lovers are brown, parts lovers are grey (since im requesting screws this week so the for the parts lovers i simply send them what i need). I've made it a habit to delete the people that never send me what i ask for, because im evil like that and really trying to cut down my neighbor count.

For the specific parts requests they're color coded too.

When i gift my neighbors, i start by ticking all the cappuccino lovers and send the gift. Parts lovers next. Then specific parts last.

For the specific parts requesters i usually ask them if they'll still be needing the same part tomorrow, and take note of their replies.

The list helps too when people gift you, you get to gift back faster.

My point is, different neighbors have different wants, so if you're really into getting the things you want and being a really good and helpful neighbor, you might as well cater to everyones needs. It's been really rewarding because all my neighbors are pretty helpful ever since I went crazy with my method.

Okay, so i just elaborated my daily routine, man, i really need to get a life. :(

Wow! You must be one of those die hard fans of BS! I'm flexible in my gifting method. If there's a new appliance released, then I will gift the special parts for about a week or less. Depended on how much the new parts are in demand. Once I completed building all the new appliances, then I'm back to gifting classic parts daily. Previously, my way of playing was to take note of what my neighbors prefer and send them what they need. But you know, after some time it doesn't help in getting what I need and it's taking too much of my time. I have to admit that some neighbors just took my kindness for granted.

So lesson learned. Why should I bother to take note of gifting when some of my neighbors don't care about it?! And It doesn't pay to be too friendly and kind to your neighbors. Although, I'm still nice and helpful to those who are really nice and helpful to me. XD

arale_norimaki
10-17-12, 01:24 AM
No point. Since they never listen to their players feedback.

Well, they are bringing back last year's Haloween stuff and Stormie decorated his (now smaller) bakery with items from the last Halloween box. Maybe they hired someone to read the forums...

misssanthropist
10-17-12, 02:50 AM
So lesson learned. Why should I bother to take note of gifting when some of my neighbors don't care about it?! And It doesn't pay to be too friendly and kind to your neighbors. Although, I'm still nice and helpful to those who are really nice and helpful to me. XD

Well, since I delete neighbors who don't gift me what I need, and kept the ones that matter, my method pretty much works wonders, I get to collect 20 screws in just an hour as soon as the gifts reset. Which gives me loads of time to TRY and get a life. Take note, TRY. HAHA!

I used to have 200+ neighbors, now I'm down to just 60. So I guess my gifting strategy is best for when you don't have a lot of neighbors?

anketam
10-17-12, 12:17 PM
I choose my gift based off of what my neighbors most requested yesterday. So this means I only gift parts, but the one I gift will likely have the most benefit. It is also fast to figure out.

minidemon88
10-22-12, 03:04 AM
Well, since I delete neighbors who don't gift me what I need, and kept the ones that matter, my method pretty much works wonders, I get to collect 20 screws in just an hour as soon as the gifts reset. Which gives me loads of time to TRY and get a life. Take note, TRY. HAHA!

I used to have 200+ neighbors, now I'm down to just 60. So I guess my gifting strategy is best for when you don't have a lot of neighbors?

Wow! That's fast! I can never get 20 gifts in just about an hour. =/ I think what really works is to find same minded neighbor with you.

minidemon88
10-22-12, 03:07 AM
Well, they are bringing back last year's Haloween stuff and Stormie decorated his (now smaller) bakery with items from the last Halloween box. Maybe they hired someone to read the forums...

Must be the staff who's playing as Stormie. LOL! I hope that they will bring back last year Christmas decorations too!

tastytoastie
10-22-12, 03:39 AM
I prefer food, mostly on bs due to the prizehike. But I remain gifting the basicparts like paint & srecws, because I notticed the amount you need rises with each appliance. What I also do, is before gifting, scrolling through my requests, so I gift those who request something, the same thing.I also believe in asking what nbrs would like to be gifted, I always check the wall for requests and when there is a box, I will send something for that appliance. If I don't know what o send I send food.. If they don't like it, they will tell you.. :-) hope I was helpfull :-)

BigFam
10-23-12, 12:05 PM
At level 96, I prefer parts. They don't take up space, and you never know when a new constructible item is going to need them.

420diva
10-23-12, 02:17 PM
I gift my neighbors according to their levels...The lower level players I gift food and the higher level players I gift basic parts and when new appliances come out I gift those parts. I have 304 neighbors so Im not particular about my gifts. I know its hard to remember everyones request so I just decline the gifts I don't need and accept the ones I want. I try to make being my neighbor as simple as possible.
If I see a player (any level) with a box I try to gift the part to complete that particular appliance. I try to be the best neighbor I can and try to find neighbors that think like me. :)