PDA

View Full Version : Monster Appears Out of Bounds

johnappleseed11
10-04-12, 07:36 PM
Sorry for the stupid question, I can't remember what they're called, but I need to **** a wolf thing for the skin. Second caravan quest.

I've ****ed a load, but the latest is giving me trouble as its spawned outside of my map area. If I try and expand into the area (ignoring that its too expensive for me at the moment) I can see the thing. It's red square only just intersects with my land, but it's stopping me from harvesting crops at the borders.

Any ideas? I don't now if a second one will spawn while that one's there and I only need another 2 skins to finish the quest. I'd need to build a load of royal buildings and would have to save hundreds of thousands to buy the land so am looking for other options. Faster options.

Thanks for the help.

JS

Edit: if a monster appears out of bounds force close and restart your game. The monster will have been removed from your kingdom.

When these Glimmer Trolls and other beasts appear around the edge of your expanded areas, tap on areas of the beasts that appear inside of the expanded area. For example, if the leg of the Glimmer Troll is inside the expanded area, but not the rest of his body, tap on his leg to trigger the fight screen. This will be fixed soon, thanks!

MHz_
10-04-12, 07:39 PM
Can post or pm me your storm8 id? I'll get someone to look into this for you.

johnappleseed11
10-04-12, 07:49 PM
Hiya,

It's my name - johnapppleseed11

Thanks

MHz_
10-04-12, 09:48 PM
I have a dev looking into your issue. I'll let you know when I get an update.

MHz_
10-04-12, 10:27 PM
Just heard back from our lead dev. He's pushed out a fix so this issue wont occur in the future. To fix this for your game, do a force close and re-launch the game. The Fangbeast should be gone when you load in.

johnappleseed11
10-05-12, 12:49 AM
Thank you. That's fixed it.

david0207
11-28-12, 11:58 PM
Hi, i have a problem. This morning after the system shutdown I got a troll in a part of the forest where i haven't expanded yet and besides the fact that i can't access the buildings that i have in that area, i also can't finish my defeating peril quest either since no other beast will come around and i'm really not planning on expanding to that area yet since i already have lanterns in another place. What can i do, i really wanna keep playing this game. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maguar
11-29-12, 12:03 AM
Is the troll just on the border between where you have and haven't expanded? If so I've been told that if you keep trying to hit it you'll land the occasional blow. If this doesn't work email support@teamlava.com so they can remove it for you. You'll need to tell them your ID, game and problem. If you forget any of that info it can slow them down as they'll have to contact you for it.

You can always try force closing on the off chance that that helps.

david0207
11-29-12, 12:18 AM
He's literally in the woods, i can't click on him at all, he's not on the border but is covering a big part of my bordering buildings. I really think it's a glitch cuz last night i went to bed before the system shut down and i had a troll on my plots but didn't have enough energy to **** him and i knew i had a couple of minutes left till shut down so i left him there. This morning, i ****ed that troll and i had literally 5 trolls coming one after the other within 5 click and the clicks weren't even on buildings, i collected water and mined a rock. I ****ed all 5 of them and then the 6th one came when i tried to collect from my market but instead of covering that area it is totally in the woods next to the area. So i find it a little weird to get 6 trolls from 6 clicks and i'm thinking that maybe because i had the troll standing there before the shut down, maybe the game thinks that it's suppose to have a troll at all times LOL.

david0207
11-29-12, 12:21 AM
Never mind, i just deleted and reinstalled the game and the troll is gone!!!!!!!!! Thank you Maguar

maguar
11-29-12, 12:26 AM
Never mind, i just deleted and reinstalled the game and the troll is gone!!!!!!!!! Thank you Maguar

So glad he's gone. Yay to the power of delete and reinstall.

chocolaBB
11-30-12, 08:56 PM
Is the troll just on the border between where you have and haven't expanded? If so I've been told that if you keep trying to hit it you'll land the occasional blow. If this doesn't work email support@teamlava.com so they can remove it for you. You'll need to tell them your ID, game and problem. If you forget any of that info it can slow them down as they'll have to contact you for it.

You can always try force closing on the off chance that that helps.

I was in the exact situation just now! And i am so glad i find answer in here!
I basically just zoom to the biggest possible and tap, and voila~ bye bye greenie :)

Thx maguar❤

maguar
11-30-12, 09:01 PM
Hasty la vista trollie

maguar
11-30-12, 09:01 PM
Hasty la vista trollie

Doh. Autocorrect got me. Hasta la vista

fodi
12-07-12, 12:34 AM
Hi there :)
I have a Glimmer Troll standing behind one of my Lantern Spires on one of the borders of my Kingdom.
I cannot get to him in any way because other Lantern Spires block the way and can't be moved because of the Troll... Vicious circle...

Ideas or help would be apprecited, thanks :)

maguar
12-07-12, 02:37 AM
Try force closing and restarting your game. If this doesn't work (and there's no way you can hit the troll) email support@teamlava.com. Give them your ID, the game and the issue. They should be able to remove the troll for you.

fodi
12-07-12, 05:23 AM
Thank you, it's going to be the e-mail then :)

PikaSquirrel
12-07-12, 11:33 AM
Thanks for letting us know. We'll look into this.

howdy2you
12-07-12, 01:58 PM
I had the very same thing happen. I got annoyed and persistently kept tapping at it every time I entered my game. Then one time when I had almost gave up it worked. Maybe because my phone went dead. Idk.

PikaSquirrel
12-07-12, 03:34 PM
When these Glimmer Trolls and other beasts appear around the edge of your expanded areas, tap on areas of the beasts that appear inside of the expanded area. For example, if the leg of the Glimmer Troll is inside the expanded area, but not the rest of his body, tap on his leg to trigger the fight screen. This will be fixed soon, thanks!

foxxiegirl
12-08-12, 11:59 AM
So...as the title says. One popped up today on top of Ivy's Home and when i click i can walk over to him but i get no attack options. I'm thinking maybe his feet are in a square i'm not expanded to yet but idk. I've force shut the game, restarted the iPad twice. Even deleted the app and still nothing. He's also blocking my workshop so trying to expand there would be a pain with only 1 available.
Has anybody else had this issue or maybe know how to fix it?

sugarzen6
12-08-12, 12:17 PM
I've had that happen but a restart solved it for me. Hopefully a mod will be along soon to help you out.

catcrack
12-08-12, 12:37 PM
Go to edit, them move Ivy's hut to another square. I get trolls alway showing up behind buildings and that's been my solution. (=^ェ^=)

midnightmeerkat
12-08-12, 12:49 PM
Go to edit, them move Ivy's hut to another square. I get trolls alway showing up behind buildings and that's been my solution. (=^ェ^=)

That does not work, if the fangbeast is on that square you can not move anything out of the way.

midnightmeerkat
12-08-12, 12:58 PM
So...as the title says. One popped up today on top of Ivy's Home and when i click i can walk over to him but i get no attack options. I'm thinking maybe his feet are in a square i'm not expanded to yet but idk. I've force shut the game, restarted the iPad twice. Even deleted the app and still nothing. He's also blocking my workshop so trying to expand there would be a pain with only 1 available.
Has anybody else had this issue or maybe know how to fix it?

I had this one time where the beast was on the border of unexplored land and I had to click on the beast in exactly the right spot, it took about 10 goes to get it

foxxiegirl
12-08-12, 01:03 PM

You can't edit anything a monster is standing on.

foxxiegirl
12-08-12, 01:04 PM
I had this one time where the beast was on the border of unexplored land and I had to click on the beast in exactly the right spot, it took about 10 goes to get it

Lol i've been at it about an hr now,but i'll keep trying.

foxxiegirl
12-08-12, 01:09 PM

Your comment gave me the idea to use the my ds stylus since it's so tiny. BAM 1st try i went for his toe nail and got it. So ty!
Side note tho...they should keep them from spawning inside 2 areas like that.

midnightmeerkat
12-08-12, 02:06 PM
Your comment gave me the idea to use the my ds stylus since it's so tiny. BAM 1st try i went for his toe nail and got it. So ty!

It can be tricky to get them on the borders like that, I was lucky with my stab..... Pleased that the beast problem is solved!!

kooky panda
12-08-12, 04:23 PM

TL is current working on this issue, but thanks for the tip!!! Toe Nail.. LOL

jasesarzana
12-16-12, 01:43 PM
I have a skunkupine spawned off the side of my map in an area that I don't own and don't have an option to expand to. I think this will prevent my troll king from appearing when i get to him shortly... what do i do?

maguar
12-16-12, 02:03 PM
Try seeing if you can click on even a small part of him. If that doesn't work force close and restart. He should be gone.

jasesarzana
12-16-12, 02:54 PM
How do you force close? Iphone 4s.

maguar
12-16-12, 03:00 PM
To quote kooky:

To force close you games, means you are closing out the game from running in the background.
On iphone, ipad, etc. ( you are not deleting the game and redownloading it)

Click you home button twice, your icons will show up at the bottom

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQx33DWgZVWPenwP1h0tp***PKRBxsz yWFKkDmOxwXrqLhb7dADwnKnLPxThen you hit the red minus sign for the apps you want to close out. you can scroll to find more.
You are not deleting the apps just closing them out. When you have app run in the background, it takes memory and slows up the games.

maguar
12-31-12, 01:23 AM
Merged the threads on this issue

PikaSquirrel
01-02-13, 11:56 AM
Seems you have been able to get rid of the monster as I do not see it on your board anymore :)

katabot33
01-13-13, 12:11 PM
I have a troll that will not go away, even with restarting and everything. He appears to be on the border and sometimes I get lucky to click on him but cannot attack him at all. Help please? :) Thank you!

maguar
01-13-13, 01:18 PM
Ok if he's not disappearing when you force close, it means he's just inside your kingdom. If add PikaSquirrel's instructions for this to the first post. If you're still having trouble after that email support@teamlava.com with your ID, game and issue so they can help.