PDA

View Full Version : Red Petals

laVirtualCloset
10-04-12, 11:12 AM
I want to build the conservatory but I need 15 red petals. Well i'used what I'd accumulated making a couple bottles of red ink. Should have known I'd need them but NOT.

Is there a particular nature item that yields the red petal? Can't remember what I tendered to get the 10 I had.

MAPPIE22
10-04-12, 11:28 AM
You get them from tall patches of grass. You can buy them if none are around.

MHz_
10-04-12, 11:30 AM
You can also buy plants from the market that give you the petals you need :)

hopesdragons
10-04-12, 12:08 PM
I believe you can also ask your friends for red petals.

laVirtualCloset
10-04-12, 01:22 PM
Thanks so much to each of you!

One last question, is there one particular plant in the market that exclusively yields red petals like the ones for the orange, blue, and purple ones?

maguar
10-04-12, 01:32 PM
No exclusive plant. It seems to be a rarer item.

Edit: this is an uncommon drop from tall grass, fern patch, old log, plant in a log, Ivy's Hut, flowering hedge, red trillium

You can no longer ask neighbours to gift them to you.

You can no longer request red petals when building the Conservatory.

They drop from the valentine plants (not available for those who didn't play the valentine version).

Guaranteed drop from the red trillium (35 gems).

laVirtualCloset
10-04-12, 03:25 PM
No exclusive plant. It seems to be a rarer item.

Makes sense, thanks again!

maguar
10-04-12, 03:32 PM
I think that's why they let us gift and request them

flower201212
10-04-12, 07:01 PM
Red petals: u can ask your nbr, but glimmerdust ??? I don't know how to get it, only get 3 gifts per day fr my nbrs, but I need it a lot for building. Anyone has an ideas. Thnx

hopesdragons
10-04-12, 07:40 PM
Red petals: u can ask your nbr, but glimmerdust ??? I don't know how to get it, only get 3 gifts per day fr my nbrs, but I need it a lot for building. Anyone has an ideas. Thnx

The red mushroom rings give it occasionally. So does the plant in a log and the tree root.

hmgdanielson
10-04-12, 08:20 PM
I've actually had the best luck getting glimmerdust from old logs, dead trees, and the mushroom patch (not the rings). The red mushroom ring has given it to me only once - but I got two of them.

laVirtualCloset
10-04-12, 09:19 PM
I've actually had the best luck getting glimmerdust from old logs, dead trees, and the mushroom patch (not the rings). The red mushroom ring has given it to me only once - but I got two of them.

Agreed, I have the best luck with the mushroom patch

13lilac19
10-09-12, 11:56 AM
Glimmer dust comes from the Muskie patches

13lilac19
10-09-12, 11:57 AM
Mushroom

laVirtualCloset
10-09-12, 02:09 PM
Glimmer dust comes from the Muskie patches

True, it's not the only plant that it comes from but it is one of them.

y_so_trouble
11-12-12, 11:12 PM
The red mushroom rings give it occasionally. So does the plant in a log and the tree root.

This information is very useful. thx

arale_norimaki
01-03-13, 02:56 AM
For people looking for Red petals, there is info about them at the FAQs:

(...)
I have to build the Conservatory. Where do I get Red Petals from?
Click on the Conservatory. Under Red Petals there will be an option to "Ask" your neighbours for them. You can also go to your neighbours and post on their wall asking them to gift you Red Petals.*
They are a rare drop from Patch of Tall Grass, Plant In A Log, Old Log, Bushes.
(...)

I have received Red petals from Ivy's hut too.

* Please note that you can no longer request red petals, the option seems to have been removed (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?43482-Requesting-Wheat).

iLLUMI2012
01-05-13, 06:10 AM
I'm pretty sure you get them from Ivy's hut too. But rarely.
I have 32 red petals but can't recall how I got them.

It would be nice if the game had a week long player log where you can see all the items you've collected during the week.

maguar
01-05-13, 04:06 PM
They do come from Ivy's as well.

I've updated the FAQs

realsoho
01-18-13, 06:09 PM
Unfortunately, the option to request it from neighbor while building the conservatory is taken away. So I have to continue chopping ferns to get the 15 red petals!!!

maguar
02-09-13, 06:42 PM
You can now get them from the valentine flowers. These flowers can be crafted in the love shack.

iLLUMI2012
02-10-13, 06:29 PM
Yes. Best to craft them in the Love Shack, unless you ave an abundance of gems. :)
They have a high drop rate too. You also get occasional white petals too. :)

nurs3kim
02-11-13, 02:08 PM
Both my DH and I bought Plant in a Log and got red petals from that. I hope this helps someone =)

MynesDinner
02-16-13, 12:22 AM
I tried the "Tree Growing Out of a Stump". This worked out great. It is whey you chop them down that I got red petals. Out of two of them I got 3 out of 4 red petals from chopping them down. So thanks for the info.;)

MysteryBakery123
04-07-13, 08:12 AM
I'm getting a LOT of rose petals from the Romantic Larkspur. I made it in the loveshack, so idk how many coins/gems it costs, but I get 1-2 of them almost every time I tend to it.

.... Now watch. It'll probably make a liar out of me and not give it to other people. XD

kellabella83
04-07-13, 01:41 PM
I'm getting a LOT of rose petals from the Romantic Larkspur. I made it in the loveshack, so idk how many coins/gems it costs, but I get 1-2 of them almost every time I tend to it.

.... Now watch. It'll probably make a liar out of me and not give it to other people. XD

I don't have the Romantic Larkspur in my love shack. It shows the items that are locked and I still dont see it :(

maguar
04-07-13, 02:26 PM
I don't have the Romantic Larkspur in my love shack. It shows the items that are locked and I still dont see it :(

You don't get the option to craft the romantic larkspur by itself. You do have the option to do the valentine botany which gives you a chance to get a random valentine plant. Valentine plants are about the best source of red petals. If you haven't unlock the recipe you need to complete the quests that ask for entwined seedlings.

esmerelda35
04-07-13, 06:08 PM
You don't get the option to craft the romantic larkspur by itself. You do have the option to do the valentine botany which gives you a chance to get a random valentine plant. Valentine plants are about the best source of red petals. If you haven't unlock the recipe you need to complete the quests that ask for entwined seedlings.

Sorry, just started playing, only at Level 11. My valentine botany is not unlocked and I don't have any quests re: entwined seedlings. I am assuming that is, that by quests you mean Kingdom Goals. If you mean something else, then I have no idea what you mean. Sorry. I am just getting really frustrated with getting red petals. I need them to do a bunch of my current goals and I am spending so many coins to keep buying plant in a log, fern, tall grass, etc....and yes I get a red petal periodically but I need so many more!

theshellybean
04-07-13, 07:18 PM
Just be patient and work on other goals until you get to craft valentine plants. Complete the Ivy specific goals and you'll get there in no time. From what I've experienced the pink valentine plants give alternating red and white petals (hence the pink plants).

Hope that helped.

maguar
04-08-13, 04:25 AM
Sorry, just started playing, only at Level 11. My valentine botany is not unlocked and I don't have any quests re: entwined seedlings. I am assuming that is, that by quests you mean Kingdom Goals. If you mean something else, then I have no idea what you mean. Sorry. I am just getting really frustrated with getting red petals. I need them to do a bunch of my current goals and I am spending so many coins to keep buying plant in a log, fern, tall grass, etc....and yes I get a red petal periodically but I need so many more!

Mushrooms and flowers are a good way to get entwined seeds without spending money. After you get a couple you should get a quest to give some to ivy. This will unlock the recipe.

esmerelda35
04-08-13, 09:15 AM
Mushrooms and flowers are a good way to get entwined seeds without spending money. After you get a couple you should get a quest to give some to ivy. This will unlock the recipe.

Thanks for everyone's comments. I actually have 26 entwined seeds in my inventory and haven't received the quest yet to give some to Ivy. Guess it will hopefully come at some point.
Maybe it's because I have so many other goals incompleted, and I need to complete some of them. Unfortunately I keep running out of coins so I can't build everything in a goal, and I keep running out of stones and wood so I can't upgrade. Clearly I am doing something wrong strategy-wise, but I'll figure it out....patiently wait, and I suspect if I complete some of the goals then maybe I'll get the Ivy one for the entwined seedlings. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for the help.

MysteryBakery123
04-08-13, 11:22 AM
Sorry for my lack of info. I got excited and I was tired, so yeah. Wasn't thinking clearly at the time.

May I ask where you are in the story, and what buildings you have already? I might be able to give you an idea how long you'd have to wait, and I could give you some tips to get things done a little quicker, if you're willing to hear them.

maguar
04-08-13, 03:10 PM
Thanks for everyone's comments. I actually have 26 entwined seeds in my inventory and haven't received the quest yet to give some to Ivy. Guess it will hopefully come at some point.
Maybe it's because I have so many other goals incompleted, and I need to complete some of them. Unfortunately I keep running out of coins so I can't build everything in a goal, and I keep running out of stones and wood so I can't upgrade. Clearly I am doing something wrong strategy-wise, but I'll figure it out....patiently wait, and I suspect if I complete some of the goals then maybe I'll get the Ivy one for the entwined seedlings. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for the help.

What quests do you currently have?

esmerelda35
04-08-13, 05:40 PM
Thanks for both of your comments. I am on Level 12. I have the following buildings:
Farmhouse x4
Cottage
Kitchen
Hatchery
Stable (in a pile to be built)
Sparkling mine
Lantern Spire
Marketplace
Sawmill x2
Library
Watchtower
Spire of love
Potion shop
Love shack
Workshop x 2
I think I have built too many buildings and it has used all my resources (coins, wood and stone). I think I just need to be patient for While, stock up on all these, so I can complete some stuff.

My goals that are outstanding:
True proof of love, this old spire, pink pelts, the grand market, resource upgrade, royal upgrade, magnifying matrix, growing home, castle story, the royal exchange, wood or not wood, the strawberry scholar, builder's caravan, prime cuts, sir piggies worth, beastly defense, a stable element, and "down with the baron" party.
Anyways, as I said, I will just lay back and collect resources and quit trying to build until I can knock off a few of these goals.
Thanks again.

MysteryBakery123
04-08-13, 06:24 PM
Thanks for both of your comments. I am on Level 12. I have the following buildings:
Farmhouse x4
Cottage
Kitchen
Hatchery
Sparkling mine
Lantern Spire
Marketplace
Sawmill x2
Library
Watchtower
Spire of love
Potion shop
Love shack
Workshop x 2
I think I have built too many buildings and it has used all my resources (coins, wood and stone). I think I just need to be patient for While, stock up on all these, so I can complete some stuff.

True proof of love, this old spire, pink pelts, the grand market, resource upgrade, royal upgrade, magnifying matrix, growing home, castle story, the royal exchange, wood or not wood, the strawberry scholar, builder's caravan, prime cuts, sir piggies worth, beastly defense, a stable element, and "down with the baron" party.
Anyways, as I said, I will just lay back and collect resources and quit trying to build until I can knock off a few of these goals.
Thanks again.

Holy crud. You must be a bit farther along than I am. I don't recognize some of those goals, and I'm on level 12 myself. QAQ
You can knock off the "Down With the Barron" Party one while you're collecting and waiting for your energy to refill. In fact, it's probably best that you do if you're low on gems, because immediately afterwards (spoiler alert?) you'll get to collect 8 of 'em from the Barron.

esmerelda35
04-08-13, 06:57 PM
Thanks...great advice, and can definitely use the gems! Great hint and great idea.

maguar
04-09-13, 03:34 AM
Farmhouse x4
Cottage
Kitchen
Hatchery
Sparkling mine
Lantern Spire
Marketplace
Sawmill x2
Library
Watchtower
Spire of love
Potion shop
Love shack
Workshop x 2

Thanks again.

None are jumping out at me as a precursor. Possibly try the old spire one. I'm assuming you've collected chocolate items from animals after freeing ivy? I know that triggered the first quest along that line.

celesteg81
04-09-13, 09:36 AM
Thank you. I was at a total impasse. The fern patch drops them fairly consistently.

kaif8770
05-29-13, 05:36 AM

You can also get them by defeating glimmer trolls

bbarra
05-29-13, 10:49 AM
I get all the GD I need from my 5 brown mushroom circles. It's about every 2 or 3 tries.

mathstagelover
07-10-13, 03:29 PM
They drop from the new valentine plants.

Yes. If you have been playing since the Valentine's edition, and have a Love Shack, you can craft "Random Valentine Botany", and it will give you plants that drop red petals.

4ral3
08-11-13, 03:47 PM
I understand that some items are rare: it took me ages to pile up the truffles I needed for the Baron's quests but that's ok and it's part of the game to be patient and strategize (i.e. when it's best to use your rare items). With red petals, though, it seems to be a whole different matter: I have been playing for weeks, breaking into every kind of item suggested by the various threads, and still I have managed to get no more than 15, mainly by Saint Ivy's Hut (need to more than double that amount between the conservatory and the Scrying Game goal), and because I'm apparently at a fault, having discovered the game well after the Valentine's version has been withdrawn, the main source of this item is unavailable to me. Now, please pretty please, would you TL guys fix this issue by either introducing some regular source, even just available by gem purchase, as it goes for apples, oranges and lemons, or by making the red petals just as rare as every other items, and not IMPOSSIBLE? Please?

raycholio
08-11-13, 04:27 PM
I understand that some items are rare: it took me ages to pile up the truffles I needed for the Baron's quests but that's ok and it's part of the game to be patient and strategize (i.e. when it's best to use your rare items). With red petals, though, it seems to be a whole different matter: I have been playing for weeks, breaking into every kind of item suggested by the various threads, and still I have managed to get no more than 15, mainly by Saint Ivy's Hut (need to more than double that amount between the conservatory and the Scrying Game goal), and because I'm apparently at a fault, having discovered the game well after the Valentine's version has been withdrawn, the main source of this item is unavailable to me. Now, please pretty please, would you TL guys fix this issue by either introducing some regular source, even just available by gem purchase, as it goes for apples, oranges and lemons, or by making the red petals just as rare as every other items, and not IMPOSSIBLE? Please?

I got most of my red petals from clearing tall patches of grass. For me, 1 in every 4 were dropping red petals.

4ral3
08-21-13, 05:07 AM
I got most of my red petals from clearing tall patches of grass. For me, 1 in every 4 were dropping red petals.

Thank you so much! I've bought grass & logs regularly and got more than what I needed! :)

liannecorrie
10-26-13, 03:57 AM
thankyou very much. I had best luck with the plant in a log.

sayapiko
10-26-13, 07:13 AM
Yes, I also need regular source of red petals. I always didn't got enough red petals from chopping.
I've started this game after valentine edition was gone, so haven't any valentine plants.
I'll gladly buy it by gem if possible.

outhouse01
10-27-13, 05:53 AM
I now really feel like I am a whinger as now comes the red petal bit. As a person who joined the game after valentines day, I am pretty well buggered. I do not have a regular valentines source of red flowers and am required to collect from ivy - once a day - for the hope of something red, or buying and chopping. Just brought 30 tall grasses and chopped away - for the sum total of - 4 red petals. Considering I need about 50 odd for upcoming bits, this ain't going to happen in any time soon. The way it is going, all I can hope for is a valentines edition next year to assist. With all due respect, assistance is required for people that joined after valentines, for red flowers. Fair suck of the sav guys.

mikado86
10-27-13, 10:42 AM
I joined after valentine, you wont hear me saying anything you probably dont know already, just buy patch of tall grass, there is no shortcut.

preinsko
10-29-13, 02:37 AM
There should be a special source! I tried the mushrooms, tall grass etc. and so forth. Ivy used to give 1 petal per day; but now nothing. People without the valentine version need the plant.

Dabag
10-29-13, 09:29 AM
There should be a special source! People without the valentine version need the plant.

The Pink Flower Penstemon was a valentine version plant that gave white as well as red petals.

We already have the Blue Flower Penstemon. (for blue petals)

A Simple solution for Red Petals : Please ADD the Pink Flower Penstemon to the Nature Plant menu

it would be appreciated by many, thank you for your consideration

preinsko
10-30-13, 06:55 PM
I second that. Please allow a primary source for red petals. Indirect sources are too random and not dependable.

Aggwynn
10-31-13, 10:27 AM
Ok. Glimmergate and I will look into this =)

Castloninian
10-31-13, 01:49 PM
Ok. Glimmergate and I will look into this =)

Yay! Would really love that. I'm having no luck chopping grass and logs and Ivy's house isn't very reliable either. I struggle to make 1 red dye, never mind 5 or 10.

tigarlilyvol
10-31-13, 02:01 PM
Looking over the new goal,since my conservatory needs upgrading I'll need more of the elusive red petals.

jimboser
10-31-13, 02:42 PM
A rose bush would be nice...

dw9893
10-31-13, 04:15 PM
This impresses me... immediate feedback and response. Im happy with this kind of communication.

infinitelove19
10-31-13, 11:48 PM
I would love to see a red petal-yielding plant for purchase too. I spent 1800 coins on 18 tall grasses and got ONE red petal. I need forty for the skunk solvent potion for Sabine & still have 10 to go. At this rate those ten red petals will cost me 18,000 coins and 180 energy, which at 3 minutes to recharge each energy is 9 hours purely devoted to getting red petals. For TEN of them!!! It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't had to use so many for the glimmerbat habitat....

Appreciate that you might be able to get us a source for these, as this is pretty frustrating!
I hope my drop rate for these improves....

sayapiko
11-01-13, 06:38 AM
I've just chopped 16 tall grasses and got only one red petal.
I'm keeping fingers crossed that I'll have a chance to get primary source of red petals soon.

freesiawoods
11-01-13, 07:32 AM
I got one from chopping a dead log I was trying to get rid of. Maybe someone knows if they are a better source than tall grass?

Aggwynn
11-01-13, 10:09 AM
We're hoping to do something about this as soon as we can, but our schedule is looking really tight. Will keep you all posted =)

jimboser
11-14-13, 11:53 AM
Could red petals be added to the items that can be gifted? That might help a whole lot of folks out and seems like something that could be added more easily than a new plant. I'm assuming the fall related items that are gifted will be dropping off after thanksgiving?

Castloninian
11-14-13, 11:59 AM
Or else a new trade, so many white / blue / orange petals to be traded for red petals. Oh anything that will more reliably and cheaply get red petals will be fine with me. Trying to get 15 for the conservatory, later 25 to upgrade and at least one more thing which requires 10!!!!! red dye (so 60 petals) is just excruciating :(

Castloninian
11-14-13, 02:29 PM
For those who hadn't noticed (like me), you can now buy a flower that gives red petals for 35 gems. It might seem expensive but I think it will be worth it.

OlkaDragons
11-15-13, 12:39 AM
No doubt that better to spend 35 gems for red plant than loose it in gem trap :)

preinsko
11-15-13, 11:22 AM
WaHoo today I went into nature to buy aspen trees and guess what I found? A Red Trillium plant! Well worth the 30 gems I spent! Thank you TL for taking us seriously.

preinsko
11-15-13, 11:23 AM
Whoops it was 35 gems sorry! Still worth it!

Buggi79
11-17-13, 07:55 PM
I, too, was excited to find this in the market. "Finally!" I thought, why they choose to make it cost gems and not coin irritates me, but oh well.

Castloninian
11-17-13, 11:57 PM
I, too, was excited to find this in the market. "Finally!" I thought, why they choose to make it cost gems and not coin irritates me, but oh well.

There was a big demand for a red plant, of course they were going to use gems. I am really happy with it though. Since it came out I have managed to use 25 for the conservatory upgrade and made 10 red dyes. To think of all the coins and energy wasted on cutting grass and logs to probably only get a handful of petals I was glad to spend 35 gems. I nearly bought 2 but found 1 is more than enough.

transberry
03-03-14, 07:26 AM
None of the ones posted are currently giving red petals and I need red ink

dizzy7373
03-03-14, 02:34 PM
None of the ones posted are currently giving red petals and I need red ink

A lot of the methods mentioned on page 1 were from when red petals were first introduced.
Currently you need to have either the multi colour hedge, 40 gems, or red trillium plant , 35 gems. to get red petals

forkyfork99
04-04-14, 01:32 PM
Besides the conservatory, are there any other notable places where I might need red petals? Debating if I want to spend the gems on the trillium. I have a few red petals already.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-04-14, 01:43 PM
Yes, lots. Red trillium is worth it's weight in gold (or gems lol). (Ripens in 20 mins)
Another great one to get is the multicolor hedge ...it gives you several petals of diff colors on every collection, so you only use 1 energy (ripens in 4 hrs).

belbar22
04-04-14, 02:22 PM
Yes, lots. Red trillium is worth it's weight in gold (or gems lol). (Ripens in 20 mins)
Another great one to get is the multicolor hedge ...it gives you several petals of diff colors on every collection, so you only use 1 energy (ripens in 4 hrs).

Just curious. How many is several and how often do you get red petals.

forkyfork99
04-04-14, 02:24 PM

Thanks. Maybe I'll get the hedge instead so I don't limit myself.

What else would I need red petals before besides the conservatory?

roguebee
04-04-14, 07:56 PM
You need red dye for one of the upgrades to Royal Manor and a couple of times in the glimmergate quests. Plus you can use them in the green house.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-04-14, 08:29 PM
Just curious. How many is several and how often do you get red petals.
It varies with each collection but roughly 5-10 petals on ea collection. It's hard to tell sometimes cuz they fly off so fast lol.
Mostly 5-7 but sometimes I've seen more than that fly off my screen.
Red petals aren't given with every collection, but I'd say...maybe 3 of 5 collections? (That's a guess)
Orange petals seem to be the most abundant because I'm maxed on them already but this single hedge has helped me build up my petal supply with the use of only 1 energy every 4 hours, which is reeeeally nice (& it's never spawned a skunkupine either lol).

Thanks. Maybe I'll get the hedge instead so I don't limit myself.

What else would I need red petals before besides the conservatory?
Hmm...ok, this is going from memory here...
* You need red dye for banners for Thurston's jousting arena (so those you already made won't go to waste ;) )
* Ivy asks for petals for something (and can't recall what lol ...scrying thing for glimmerdust trove??)
* You'll need 50 of every color petal for the faeries
* Biggest one I recall no longer applies (for pink alicorn back at Valentine's)
* There's an item to craft in the greenhouse that requires red petals
* I haven't gotten to the glimmer gate yet but I think some are going to be needed there too

...and it seems like I'm forgetting a thing or 2.
Basically, you need 'em. LOL

forkyfork99
04-04-14, 09:07 PM
It varies with each collection but roughly 5-10 petals on ea collection. It's hard to tell sometimes cuz they fly off so fast lol.
Mostly 5-7 but sometimes I've seen more than that fly off my screen.
Red petals aren't given with every collection, but I'd say...maybe 3 of 5 collections? (That's a guess)
Orange petals seem to be the most abundant because I'm maxed on them already but this single hedge has helped me build up my petal supply with the use of only 1 energy every 4 hours, which is reeeeally nice (& it's never spawned a skunkupine either lol).

Hmm...ok, this is going from memory here...
* You need red dye for banners for Thurston's jousting arena (so those you already made won't go to waste ;) )
* Ivy asks for petals for something (and can't recall what lol ...scrying thing for glimmerdust trove??)
* You'll need 50 of every color petal for the faeries
* Biggest one I recall no longer applies (for pink alicorn back at Valentine's)
* There's an item to craft in the greenhouse that requires red petals
* I haven't gotten to the glimmer gate yet but I think some are going to be needed there too

...and it seems like I'm forgetting a thing or 2.
Basically, you need 'em. LOL

Okay, you've convinced me. I think I'll just get the red trillium. The multi-colored hedge sounds nice, but I can get any of the other petals from $ flowers and I like the idea of it constantly refreshing (as opposed to the hedge which takes 4 hrs).

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-04-14, 09:19 PM
Okay, you've convinced me. I think I'll just get the red trillium. The multi-colored hedge sounds nice, but I can get any of the other petals from $ flowers and I like the idea of it constantly refreshing (as opposed to the hedge which takes 4 hrs).

Good choice. :)

....in about a month, you'll probably buy the hedge cuz you'll get tired of that fast collection time on the $ ones and wanna conserve your energy to getting petals once/4 hours lol ;)

forkyfork99
04-04-14, 09:41 PM
Good choice. :)

....in about a month, you'll probably buy the hedge cuz you'll get tired of that fast collection time on the $ ones and wanna conserve your energy to getting petals once/4 hours lol ;)

On second thought maybe I'll just get the hedge. Lol . You usually only get 1 red flower each time with the trillium, right? My energy is precious to me, and I'll need colored petals other than red for other quests, right?

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-04-14, 09:55 PM
On second thought maybe I'll just get the hedge. Lol . You usually only get 1 red flower each time with the trillium, right? My energy is precious to me, and I'll need colored petals other than red for other quests, right?

LOL!!!! ... Don't let me get you straddling the fence again, LOL!! Put a fork in it, forkyfork. lol
Yes, you need all the colored petals for diff things ...but when the hedge gives red, it's also usually only 1 or 2, so if you're specifically looking for red right now, get the trillium. There's also a 5 gem diff in the cost (not sure how many gems you're working with).

forkyfork99
04-04-14, 10:12 PM
LOL!!!! ... Don't let me get you straddling the fence again, LOL!! Put a fork in it, forkyfork. lol
Yes, you need all the colored petals for diff things ...but when the hedge gives red, it's also usually only 1 or 2, so if you're specifically looking for red right now, get the trillium. There's also a 5 gem diff in the cost (not sure how many gems you're working with).

hahaha. Cracking up at the "fork in it" line.

Sorry for being so indecisive. Lol. I don't actually need red petals at the moment. I was thinking more f down the road (hence the hedge). I only have 50 gems so I can't really get too much. I already have a wizard school.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-04-14, 10:22 PM
Hmm, 50 gems eh? ..yeah, tough call. Don't wanna make your head explode lol but another one to consider is the maple tree (rainbow colored). It drops 1-2 sap and randomly a syrup every 4 hours.
Sap is used a lot...and I mean A LOT - between the glues and builders & architect pastes and fancy beams ... You need a BUNCH of sap around the corner.... Nope, wouldn't wanna be in your place cuz that's a tough decision lol
Glad I tickled ya lol ... Was fun helping you out some. :)
/G'nite

forkyfork99
04-04-14, 10:42 PM
Hmm, 50 gems eh? ..yeah, tough call. Don't wanna make your head explode lol but another one to consider is the maple tree (rainbow colored). It drops 1-2 sap and randomly a syrup every 4 hours.
Sap is used a lot...and I mean A LOT - between the glues and builders & architect pastes and fancy beams ... You need a BUNCH of sap around the corner.... Nope, wouldn't wanna be in your place cuz that's a tough decision lol
Glad I tickled ya lol ... Was fun helping you out some. :)
/G'nite

I'm actually almost maxed on a sap. I've been building glues and such just to get rid of it. I also have a sap tree I need to finish chopping down.

The syrup is just sap and sugar, right?

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-05-14, 05:42 AM
I'm actually almost maxed on a sap. I've been building glues and such just to get rid of it. I also have a sap tree I need to finish chopping down.

Ohhhh yeah, I remember the days when I stayed nearly maxed on sap ... They won't last. Lol
So, what'd ya go with... Red trillium?

ciarjen
04-05-14, 06:21 AM

There is a recipe for syrup in the kitchen but it has to be unlocked by a goal I think.

roguebee
04-05-14, 08:36 AM
Syrup is just sugar and sap. Maple tree drops one maybe once a week. I can remember making glue for the builders' caravan just to get rid of sap. No more...

forkyfork99
04-05-14, 05:02 PM
In the future, besides glues, what will I need sap for (besides syrup?)

And for those on edge of your seat, I decided to get a hedge so I can collect from it slowly over time and max out my petals. I have no immediate need for red petals at the moment.

ghjvcucjb
04-05-14, 06:19 PM
You will constantly need sap but honestly if you have two deep mines and two regular mines you'll be maxed out on sap 95% of the time. I got the sap tree just because it's beautiful but rarely collect from it. Also close to maxed on glues etc. I make syrup just to use up sap.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-05-14, 06:46 PM
You will constantly need sap but honestly if you have two deep mines and two regular mines you'll be maxed out on sap 95% of the time. I got the sap tree just because it's beautiful but rarely collect from it. Also close to maxed on glues etc. I make syrup just to use up sap.

Lol! ...um, huh? ...mines don't give sap, sawmills do (& we only have 2 of those)

QUICK, y'all ... Get back on topic or start a new thread for sap lol (*running from moderators lol)

ciarjen
04-06-14, 01:45 AM
In the future, besides glues, what will I need sap for (besides syrup?)

And for those on edge of your seat, I decided to get a hedge so I can collect from it slowly over time and max out my petals. I have no immediate need for red petals at the moment.

Fancy beams also need sap.

I go through phases where I am maxed out and have to use them up and then it turns around and I am short and I am waiting on my tree and sawmills to drop it.

maguar
04-06-14, 02:09 AM
Please see this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?40686-Sap-Sap-wherefore-art-thou-sap) for discussions on sap.

Forky if you haven't made your decision yet the summary for the petal options as I see it

Red Trillium
* Pro - guaranteed red petal
* Pro short collection time - 20 minutes
* Con - only get 1 petal per energy spent unless you get a random bonus second petal
* Pro 35 gems so you've got more left over

Multi Colour Hedge
* Pro - 5 petals per energy spent
* Pro and con - random petals of any colour
* Con - longer collection time - 4hrs

29vanilla
04-07-14, 02:02 PM
This thread was quite timely for me too. Great summary on pros and cons. Unfortunately, I'm on the fence still. Lol! Any regrets from those who bought the multi-colour hedge vs the red trillium. I'm leaning towards the hedge. Thanks:)

forkyfork99
04-07-14, 02:23 PM
This thread was quite timely for me too. Great summary on pros and cons. Unfortunately, I'm on the fence still. Lol! Any regrets from those who bought the multi-colour hedge vs the red trillium. I'm leaning towards the hedge. Thanks:)

If you need red petals RIGHT NOW I would get the red trillium. But, if you don't need any colored petals at the moment and just want to build up a stash, I'd recommend the hedge. Over the past couple of days of collecting I've gotten 10 red petals. My guesses on my other petal counts are - 20 blue petals, 15 purple petals, 15 white petals, 10 orange petals.

29vanilla
04-07-14, 02:39 PM
Thanks. I think I will get the hedge. I do need them now for the pink alicorn, but I am quite patient to wait. Lol although not patient enough for Ivy to drop enough to finish my pink alicorn and to build the conservatory. When I bought the conservatory I was surprised to see that I need 15 red petals.

29vanilla
04-07-14, 02:48 PM
This is probably for another thread but I have 2 accts that I play. I bought the greenhouse but probably should have waited. Still need to do almost everything.

forkyfork99
04-07-14, 03:56 PM
This is probably for another thread but I have 2 accts that I play. I bought the greenhouse but probably should have waited. Still need to do almost everything.

Why do you say you should have waited? I was planning on buying the greenhouse soon too.

29vanilla
04-08-14, 03:04 AM
The reason I bought it - was maxed on seeds and I hate wasting supplies; but I'm not very far in story line yet. ie: still need tablet, Thurston, magic garden, etc. Also, not sure how greenhouse fits in. Even though I'm on forums I don't want to spoil too many surprises. So if you are maxed on seeds buy it so u can make stuff. Sorry this is off topic.

ciarjen
04-08-14, 04:33 AM

I bought the greenhouse early on my second account, way before I needed it to deal with petals, seeds and living wood that I was maxed out on. Its been worth it because I have just reached the quest in the boar story line where I had to craft faerie exilir in the greenhouse and I already had everything made for it.

forkyfork99
04-08-14, 11:20 AM
The reason I bought it - was maxed on seeds and I hate wasting supplies; but I'm not very far in story line yet. ie: still need tablet, Thurston, magic garden, etc. Also, not sure how greenhouse fits in. Even though I'm on forums I don't want to spoil too many surprises. So if you are maxed on seeds buy it so u can make stuff. Sorry this is off topic.

I have a ton of fertilizer (72) and about 16 piles of seeds and maxed out on living wood. I'm climbing up the ranks in petals because I bought a hedge (I've got 20+ of each color). I have unlocked the tablet and thurston (although he doesn't have a kingdom built yet). I'm holding off on the magic garde because I was told I lose my strawberry/sugar fruit trade.

I do have a ton of cash from the most recent bundle offering. Think I should get the green house?

To add: I'm currently level 21.

ciarjen
04-08-14, 12:20 PM
I have a ton of fertilizer (72) and about 16 piles of seeds and maxed out on living wood. I'm climbing up the ranks in petals because I bought a hedge (I've got 20+ of each color). I have unlocked the tablet and thurston (although he doesn't have a kingdom built yet). I'm holding off on the magic garde because I was told I lose my strawberry/sugar fruit trade.

I do have a ton of cash from the most recent bundle offering. Think I should get the green house?

To add: I'm currently level 21.

The resource people have the biggest problem with is living wood. I would definitely use it up rather than waste collections because you are at max. In the greenhouse you can use 3 living wood with 5 piles of seeds and 15 mushrooms to make Vital Extract. Its one of the components of Faerie Elixir (needed in Troll Tribe quest) which gives you 20 energy when you craft it but all the components can be made ahead of time. It is a way of using up your excess stock.

I would also aim to craft Ornate beams as well with your living wood. There may come a time when you find that you need those beams/blocks for upgrading the deep mine but you can only make the blocks because you dont have the living wood for the beams.

In my second account which has a lot of living wood I keep it as close to 90 as possible but as soon as it goes up, I use it to make things because I know that when quests come in which require living wood, it will be very difficult to replace.

forkyfork99
04-08-14, 12:41 PM
The resource people have the biggest problem with is living wood. I would definitely use it up rather than waste collections because you are at max. In the greenhouse you can use 3 living wood with 5 piles of seeds and 15 mushrooms to make Vital Extract. Its one of the components of Faerie Elixir (needed in Troll Tribe quest) which gives you 20 energy when you craft it but all the components can be made ahead of time. It is a way of using up your excess stock.

I would also aim to craft Ornate beams as well with your living wood. There may come a time when you find that you need those beams/blocks for upgrading the deep mine but you can only make the blocks because you dont have the living wood for the beams.

In my second account which has a lot of living wood I keep it as close to 90 as possible but as soon as it goes up, I use it to make things because I know that when quests come in which require living wood, it will be very difficult to replace.

Okay, based on your recommendation I decided to buy the greenhouse. Crafting a vital extract as we speak (I'm maxed on piles of seeds) I even had the builder's pastes ready because I was saving them up for the deep mine when I got to level 22. Although I guess I don't need it right away.. I was actually going to use the BP for Architect's Paste, but I can't start building until level 22 anyway.

Can't craft ornate beams yet until I reach level 25. But when I do I'll be sure to do that!

Is there something I can do with my excess fertilizer since I'm at such a low level?

maguar
04-08-14, 02:43 PM
Hey everyone can we please keep this thread on red petals. If you want to discuss other parts of the game you can find a relevant thread or start a new one if one doesn't exist. Thanks

ellaslair
05-31-14, 06:50 AM
Good morning - suggestions on getting red petals please. I keep watering my flowers, but all I seem to get is white (lots and lots), orange, blue and purple...thanks!

zoeee87
05-31-14, 07:05 AM
Playful Trillium, Sprite Blossoms, and Talinum Incarnadine seem to drop the red for me. If you don't have the playful Trillium you can buy it for gems. ��

senshin
05-31-14, 02:24 PM
I broke down and bought a red trillium for 35 gems early in the game. Then of course once I never seem to need the red petals I got a second red trillium from a Knights Quest. ;) Ivy's cottage seems to drop them too.

CottageRose
05-31-14, 03:16 PM
Way back when, I remember chopping a lot of Tall Patches of Grass for red petals.

doobievilla
05-31-14, 03:19 PM
Way back when, I remember chopping a lot of Tall Patches of Grass for red petals.
Also the Old Logs.. got 3 straight earlier when I expanded and found one.

ellaslair
05-31-14, 04:23 PM
Thanks...the old logs finally worked!

DrP4ever
06-03-14, 02:45 PM
Just chopped logs, lots of tall grass, etc. Came up with entwined seedlings that are worthless. Need the other seedlings. Lots of other petals that I am full of. And finally one lone red petal after 30 energy usage. Rare is one thing but this is ridiculous!

CottageRose
06-03-14, 06:08 PM
Grass worked for me, but that was quite awhile ago. Old logs are also reported to drop red petals. Good luck!

HuckleTown
04-10-17, 06:16 AM
After reading through this thread, I can't figure out where to get red petals (without spending gems...it irritates me to have so many quests that require gems or years of waiting). Can someone please confirm where red petals might drop at this time (it appears the drop locations have changed over the years).

meme1098
04-10-17, 06:37 AM
After reading through this thread, I can't figure out where to get red petals (without spending gems...it irritates me to have so many quests that require gems or years of waiting). Can someone please confirm where red petals might drop at this time (it appears the drop locations have changed over the years).

From the Inventory in The Hub under Petals:

+ Found: red trillium, Red Trillium Shrub, Tunnel of Love, Kissing Booth
Uses: building a Conservatory (15), upgrading the Conservatory to level 3
Current thread: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?37018-Red-Petals

But chopping certain items also *may* drop a red petal.
Be right back! I believe Plant in a log, tall patch of grass, fern patch, & old log have a chance of dropping a red petal. I also think Ivy's Hut might rarely drop it as well.

*****SW -- Seems that link is broken even with the 's' added to forum

riverly
04-10-17, 07:00 AM
After reading through this thread, I can't figure out where to get red petals (without spending gems...it irritates me to have so many quests that require gems or years of waiting). Can someone please confirm where red petals might drop at this time (it appears the drop locations have changed over the years).were you able to get romantic larkspur from the recent quest we had? They drop red petals quite often.
I cannot find what quest they came from. I don't remember how I got the romantic larkspur.
After looking in the hub, I figure I bought them with 10 gems during valentine sale.

HuckleTown
04-10-17, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the replies, i don't have any of the items that guarantee drop as they cost gems or I wasn't playing during the time the items were available. I guess I can only hope Ivy is generous now that I need 50 of them:( :)

riverly
04-10-17, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the replies, i don't have any of the items that guarantee drop as they cost gems or I wasn't playing during the time the items were available. I guess I can only hope Ivy is generous now that I need 50 of them:( :)sorry I couldn't help, but old logs don't cost a lot, so you might want to try there. When I did start spending gems here and there, rose plants were one of my first items bought..... and after that my living wood trees. Good investments. Hopefully you find other resources besides Ivy. Also try plant in a log.

EsmeW2
04-10-17, 11:56 AM
On one of my games quite recently a red triluum plant dropped from an adventure - but I'm afraid I can't remember which of the adventures it was. I think it must be a very rare drop.

It's one of the things I never regretted spending gems on - like the living wood tree and the wizard schools. Useful throughout the game and worth it.

PrincessCupOButter
04-10-17, 01:01 PM
The multicolored hedge sometimes drops red petals. Unfortunately it is also a gem item.

My advice is to go on adventures as much as possible, watch videos if available, and download games to try if prompted (not sure if they still do that, it's been so long since I've had an offer). Store up the free gems from those and invest in a red trillium. As others have posted, they really are a worthwhile purchase.

SpiritWind00
04-10-17, 02:26 PM
The 'petal' list of items at the top (under the heading) drop all colours. Where it has '+ found' means that these items only drop that particular 1 colour.

I'll check out the broken link... I fixed about 20 more scattered throughout the inventory guide on the weekend. ;) no, it's good. I fixed the one above, but that link is to this thread...

The red trillium plant only drops from Feral Lands adventure. Old logs are a good source, but buy and chop several at a time.

WillRockRoo
04-11-17, 09:57 AM
Wish the upcoming Easter event will give something we can get red petals from! I started play after Valentine's event, so missed those flowers. Three other events from then gave creatures dropping different ores, white petals,purple petals, magic fruit, wool, horse hair, dragon scales and so on. So maybe this Easter event, SM8 will give us something that drops RED PETAL!! I have been trying to save up enough gems for a red trillium, but lost most of them now and then by the speed up button. Really hate that button!

rulerofjennyville
04-14-17, 04:27 AM
I got three red trillium plants from adventures. It's where I get my red petals from.

HuckleTown
04-15-17, 12:40 PM
I go on an adventure everyday...so far I've only had one good drop: a orange tree. Oh well. Guess I'm stuck. I need 48 more red petals for 1 quest (100 total).
I vary my quests (although I only have the first three plus fishing available). Someone said fishing isn't worth it. Does everyone agree (I'd prefer not to use all my wool, only source is the stable)?

meme1098
04-15-17, 12:59 PM
I go on an adventure everyday...so far I've only had one good drop: a orange tree. Oh well. Guess I'm stuck. I need 48 more red petals for 1 quest (100 total).
I vary my quests (although I only have the first three plus fishing available). Someone said fishing isn't worth it. Does everyone agree (I'd prefer not to use all my wool, only source is the stable)?

Working on the new tea party goal, I've been getting quite a few red petals chopping the patches of tall grass.

PrincessCupOButter
04-15-17, 01:03 PM

Fishing adventure drops glimmermouth fish only. No energy return, no possible gems and I haven't seen any reports of special drop boxes. Definitely NOT worth wasting the wool and other materials IMO.

HuckleTown
04-15-17, 11:14 PM
Thanks princess and meme.

cavegirl1
04-15-17, 11:27 PM
From the Inventory in The Hub under Petals:

+ Found: red trillium, Red Trillium Shrub, Tunnel of Love, Kissing Booth
Uses: building a Conservatory (15), upgrading the Conservatory to level 3
Current thread: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?37018-Red-Petals

But chopping certain items also *may* drop a red petal.
Be right back! I believe Plant in a log, tall patch of grass, fern patch, & old log have a chance of dropping a red petal. I also think Ivy's Hut might rarely drop it as well.

*****SW -- Seems that link is broken even with the 's' added to forum

I can confirm Ivy's hut drops them. Just got them (didn't see how many) from her.

rar745
04-16-17, 07:32 AM
Sheep and the Stable are the only sources of Wool. Sheep do rarely drop from adventures. So either buy one, or just hit the Stable every day, and you will eventually have plenty of Wool. There may be items from limited-time events that also drop Wool, but they may not be available for purchase right now.

Regarding Red Petals, purchase the Multi-Color Hedge. Collect from it every day, and after a while you will have plenty of all colors of petals, including red ones. That way you do not have to waste your Energy collecting from so many flowers, or buying Red Trilliums that only do one thing. Every 4 hours, the Multi-Color Hedge drops 5 petals. 24% of those are Purple, 22% Blue, 22% White, 18% Orange, and 14% Red.

When I first was playing, I got all of my Red Petals for the Conservatory from Ivy's Hut after 1-2 months, because at that time, the Multi-Color Hedge did not yet exist. Of course, if you need Red Petals N0W, the Red Trillium has always been the only way to go.

rar745
04-16-17, 07:37 AM
Regarding Gems, you can get a small pile from playing the other Storm8 apps that are occasionally listed in with your other Kingdom Goals. Complete every Kingdom Goal that involves other Storm8 apps, and when they stop appearing because you have completed them all, you will have amassed hundreds of free Gems.

WillRockRoo
04-21-17, 01:00 PM
Regarding Gems, you can get a small pile from playing the other Storm8 apps that are occasionally listed in with your other Kingdom Goals. Complete every Kingdom Goal that involves other Storm8 apps, and when they stop appearing because you have completed them all, you will have amassed hundreds of free Gems.

I am working on this, but some game is too simple but time consuming. I now only got the the goal to play dragon story to level 12, boring.... And if only I could somehow disable the speed up with gem button. Well, guess that is what you have to pay for playing free games...

rulerofjennyville
04-27-17, 05:10 PM
I got a multi colored hedge from an adventure and it's been dropping red petals lately.