PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story - Suggestions

greygull
10-03-12, 03:08 PM
What new items, themes, buildings, or decorations would you like to see come to your kingdom?

Zetra
10-03-12, 03:20 PM
Archer Tower that have archer on them.
Windmill to make logs quicker.

floramina
10-03-12, 03:57 PM
A water-producing resource eg Watermill, water tower, dam. Currently only have ponds and wells and these are barely adequate to service my kingdom's needs.

mymummy789
10-04-12, 02:44 AM
not an item, but I notice when you visit the community a popup tells you when you have helped that person enough and to move on. Is it possible to also do this when visiting your neighbours? I lose count very easily, and it would be really useful when peoples kingdom's get bigger (it would be good to have this on DS as well)

kattybell
10-04-12, 03:27 AM
A greenhouse as suggested in this thread :) http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?36940-A-suggestion&p=416916#post416916

ivestj84
10-04-12, 03:46 AM
not an item, but I notice when you visit the community a popup tells you when you have helped that person enough and to move on. Is it possible to also do this when visiting your neighbours? I lose count very easily, and it would be really useful when peoples kingdom's get bigger (it would be good to have this on DS as well)
I agree with you, as currently, I couldn't figure out if I was visiting my neighbours or non neighbours' kingdoms, as with both categories they would let you "heart" 5 times anyway & the gift button seems to appear then disappear afterwards, so I can't tell the difference. It's very confusing to some extent. I hope my comments make sense.

Zetra
10-04-12, 04:09 AM
How about new farm animals?Like Pig from the title screen,and horse.
But if fantasy is included:Unicorn,griffin,And Minotaur workers.

xokay
10-04-12, 10:13 AM
I'd love to have more "helpers" like Old Thomas and that Ivy girl that you can free/help out but it would be nice if they could do something other than walk around. Just an idea, but maybe if you could could click on them to "talk" to them, they would give you an energy point or something (only a few times per day, though).

I agree that it would be nice to have more animals.

I find it sort of silly that you can only gift 3 items per day, when none of the gift options are gems. I could see not allowing gifting more than three gems, but being able to gift only three neighbours with sap, for instance, is sort of ridiculous.

hopesdragons
10-04-12, 11:06 AM

They only put 5 hearts on the screen. Just click them all. No need to count.

hmgdanielson
10-04-12, 11:16 AM
@Zetra - I think some fantasy creatures would be super cool.

@xokay - I have also wished that Ivy and Thomas would do something when you tapped them. Even if it's something simple like tips on how to play the game (The best place to find glimmerdust is in dead logs and mushroom patches). Or maybe what building components are needed to build a certain building ("You should consider building a market. You'll need XYZ"). Or maybe hints about upcoming quests if we start expanding in a certain direction (I've heard rumor that to the south, there's a mysterious island where sirens live).

Also, the options for gifts have changed. Hopefully your game will show that soon!

laVirtualCloset
10-04-12, 11:23 AM
How about new farm animals?Like Pig from the title screen,and horse.
But if fantasy is included:Unicorn,griffin,And Minotaur workers.

Love the fantasy creature idea. Maybe some more sinister for halloween. Also would love to see a nod to the fairy theme we had in Fashion Story. The limited items we had would fit perfectly here...maybe not an exact replica but the basic idea.

mymummy789
10-04-12, 01:16 PM
They only put 5 hearts on the screen. Just click them all. No need to count.

that is fine at the moment when peoples kingdom's aren't that big, but when they get bigger (as in the case of dragon story), believe me it is very hard to remember if you have already clicked 5 or are searching for 1 more that just isn't there!!!

hmgdanielson
10-04-12, 01:38 PM
I've found that zooming out helps me see the bigger kingdoms. It might sound stupid, but it's so nice to play a game where you can do that easily and without the game crashing. I sometimes use it just because I can.

laVirtualCloset
10-05-12, 06:48 AM
Knowing how many XP's u currently have is nice but knowing how many u need before advancing to the next level is extremely helpful. This will help u plan ur game better and help with efficient use of energy considering u don't get XP's for collecting ur crafted items u may decide to let them sit if u know u are close to advancing to the next level. This feature can also help in balancing energy levels since we get replenished upon advancing. Knowing the current balance of XP's as well as how many u need to advance to the next level are really nice features in Fashion Story.

hmgdanielson
10-05-12, 10:42 AM
If it's too much of a pain to tell how much XP until the next level by tapping the star (because it does something else), could you put it on the overview page next to the XP bar?

Dabag
10-05-12, 12:29 PM
i would like to see a "Tinkers Caravan" similar to the Master Box in the other games.
where we can buy for coin or gems -rare - one of a kind items for our kingdoms

maguar
10-05-12, 04:09 PM
I'd like to get a notice board that I can place in my kingdom. It would be something that only the owner could post on. You could have it as a wooden board and then show white paper on it if you've put a message or messages there. It just means that info I want people to see won't get pushed to the bottom of my wall as other's post on it.

maguar
10-07-12, 02:00 AM
I'd like to get a moat, a lake or water tiles that I can use to make a moat or a lake.

I have a number of neighbours. I try to visit them each day. My issue is trying to work out who is still playing. I don't use the social rating as people with low ratings can still be playing and people with high ratings may have stopped playing but their rating doesn't change. Currently I'm tracking who's interacting with me, who's playing based on the contents of their wall. This takes time. Would it be possible in the Neighbour List to change the portrait for people who haven't logged in for the last two weeks? If that's not possible can we add an Activity Rating under the Social Rating? It would be based on days logged in for the last two weeks. Something along the lines of:
0. Hasn't logged in
1. 1 - 3 days
2. 4 - 7 days
3. 8 - 11 days
4. 12 - 14 days

bigtail2
10-07-12, 05:42 AM
I know this has been suggested, but just reinforcing.....the levels need to be worked out better. The architects paste needed for the tavern and magic forge (yes, i got burned twice. Shame on me.) not being available for several levels. Hearty stew in the kitchen, yet you can't plant the cabbages you need to make it, etc.

I really don't think you can argue that this is game design. There is no benefit or incentive, it just clutters and frustrates.

aedgin
10-07-12, 10:47 AM
When can we expect this game on Android?
It would be nice to have a thread dedicated to games available, news,and updates for Android users.

Thank You

yupiyupigumgum
10-08-12, 01:06 AM
Beautiful princess or handsome -but helpess- prince to be saved :) and dragons to defeat instead of mutant skunk.

NanaCanna
10-08-12, 01:24 AM
I wish we could gift the royal crowns...Just an idea.

maguar
10-08-12, 03:03 AM
My next request might sound a bit weird but bear with me. I'd like to get a midden (kitchen heap). Because people accidentally throw out all types of stuff, collecting from the midden would give you a chance of collecting any raw material.

maguar
10-08-12, 03:04 AM
Beautiful princess or handsome -but helpess- prince to be saved :) and dragons to defeat instead of mutant skunk.

The prince/princess could be coming as part of the missing heir quest line.

maguar
10-09-12, 04:46 AM
I think we'll have more quests trying to stop the baron from becoming the high king. I think this will involve searching for the missing heir and making our kingdom the best. We'll need to have more royal points, land, money? than the baron. Are we going to be able to visit the baron's kingdom so we can track where we are in comparison?

Zetra
10-09-12, 04:52 AM
Maybe we are going to siege Baron's kingdom!Or we gonna find him in the forest!Maybe this have a connection with the archway in the forest...like a portal to Baron's kingdom!

maguar
10-09-12, 05:01 AM
Storming his castle would be fun. I'm hoping the nest will have a dragon, griffin or roc.

bigtail2
10-09-12, 07:10 AM
+1 for a dragon!

johnappleseed11
10-09-12, 04:44 PM
Could I please respectfully suggest that the stable be renamed barn?

It disturbs me a little to get milk and hides from a building which is supposed to home horses...

laVirtualCloset
10-10-12, 01:54 PM
Could I please respectfully suggest that the stable be renamed barn?

It disturbs me a little to get milk and hides from a building which is supposed to home horses...

I'm senstitive to your interpretation but just clarifying that a stable is just a description of building. It's a building that is divided into separate stalls for individual animals. The animals can be horses but its not only for horses. In fact, there're used quite a bit in California for cows.

laVirtualCloset
10-10-12, 01:56 PM
sorry ... should be "they're" not "there're"

bigtail2
10-12-12, 08:31 AM
One more plug for increasing the energy cap, or even better, speeding up the regeneration. Or maybe making buildings that produce only coins harvestable without energy? I LOVE the update, but am finding it frustrating due to the lack of energy.

We need so many raw materials...for example, glimmerdust which I am finding to be dropping very slowly. The problem is, the mushrooms/circles/whatever regenerate rapidly, so we have to check in frequently to harvest and there is no energy for anything else.

I completely get the point of slowing the game down, but it is at risk of creating too much frustration relative to the reward.

maguar
10-12-12, 04:10 PM
Can the "please rate this game" popup be restricted to once a day? First time we open the game after day reset?

CubsWin
10-13-12, 06:55 PM
Nope - hard close for CS, then reboot for iPad, still showing no change. 😫

hmgdanielson
10-15-12, 11:33 AM
I have to say, I think I prefer the old expansion requirement screens.

brighnasa
10-17-12, 07:32 PM
I like the midden idea, and the dragon idea. The dragon egg could be found on a quest and hatched. Perhaps it gave you enchanted fire you used in forging or scales you could make into armor.
I'd also like a herding dog since I have so many animals. Dogs are good at digging things up. They could give you bones like the wolves.
And please make the pigs give you something unique. Bacon maybe. Everything is better with bacon.
Perhaps there could be a type of wall that you can have unlimited numbers of. A type that doesn't give you royal points. I want to build a wall all the way around my castle and village, and I'll never get it at this rate. Or perhaps a wooden stockade or something.

MHz_
10-18-12, 11:05 AM
I love all of your awesome suggestions. Its great to see how many of them actually mirror things we're planning for the game in the future :)

Keep the ideas coming!

bigtail2
10-18-12, 01:29 PM
With the upcoming changes to the economy, have you considered allowing neighbors to interact with crops, instead of just buildings? I visit all of my neighbors every day and it gets frustrating to constantly have no available buildings free to interact. It seems as if this will only get worse if we move to an agricultural economy.

MHz_
10-18-12, 02:44 PM
With the upcoming changes to the economy, have you considered allowing neighbors to interact with crops, instead of just buildings? I visit all of my neighbors every day and it gets frustrating to constantly have no available buildings free to interact. It seems as if this will only get worse if we move to an agricultural economy.

It's something we want to do, but it requires a decent amount of work. Just a matter of prioritization.

cyhiraeth
10-19-12, 05:14 PM
Nothing for Halloween? It seus all tolher Teamlava games have Halloween StuffIt except CS :(

cyhiraeth
10-19-12, 05:16 PM
Nothing for Halloween? It seus all tolher Teamlava games have Halloween StuffIt except CS :(

meant to say " it seems". Silly autocorrect.

mymummy789
10-20-12, 06:28 AM
could we have a wooden fence for penning in the animals? I don't want to waste my wall allowance on them, and don't like them to roam too freely!!!

yupiyupigumgum
10-22-12, 12:20 AM
Water like on city metro story.

leachick1
10-22-12, 03:18 AM
I'd like the marketplace to be a functional building instead of the caravan's or maybe unlocked after the caravan quests are finished, where you can sell extra resources, I know you get coins when collecting from a resource you are already maxed on but think this would be a more entertaining way to do it.

Would also love to see haloween limited items

maguar
10-22-12, 04:08 AM
It's something we want to do, but it requires a decent amount of work. Just a matter of prioritization.

Would it be easier to allow us to help crafting buildings?

hmgdanielson
10-25-12, 05:20 PM
Perhaps this is stupid, and I can easily see it not being feasible, but...

There seems to be a lot of clutter in the workshop. There are decoration things like flower boxes and banners (that have pretty much no impact on the game at all) mixed in with stuff like the earth wisps and building materials. It would be helpful if the decorative stuff were moved to the bottom of the list making it easier to access the stuff we use more. It would be even better if there were a separate building - like an artist guild or something - where the decorative stuff could be made, leaving only the practical stuff for the workshop.

:)

MHz_
10-25-12, 06:25 PM
meant to say " it seems". Silly autocorrect.

Due to scheduling, we chose to prioritize regular content (new buildings, decorations, etc..) for the game instead of limited time halloween content. Expect some fun holiday stuff in the future though :)

could we have a wooden fence for penning in the animals? I don't want to waste my wall allowance on them, and don't like them to roam too freely!!!

We had one internally that was made to work with our existing wall system, but it didnt make the cut, due to technical/art related issues. Hopefully we can try to work those issues out and get some simple fences for you all to use.

Water like on city metro story.

That's definitely doable. Can't really say when :)

I'd like the marketplace to be a functional building instead of the caravan's or maybe unlocked after the caravan quests are finished, where you can sell extra resources, I know you get coins when collecting from a resource you are already maxed on but think this would be a more entertaining way to do it.

Would also love to see haloween limited items

I'd love something like that too. We definitely want to give you guys ways to spend your materials. Hopefully you'll find building upgrades will help with that a lot.

Would it be easier to allow us to help crafting buildings?

It's something we'd like to do, but isn't at the top of our priority list yet.

There seems to be a lot of clutter in the workshop. There are decoration things like flower boxes and banners (that have pretty much no impact on the game at all) mixed in with stuff like the earth wisps and building materials. It would be helpful if the decorative stuff were moved to the bottom of the list making it easier to access the stuff we use more. It would be even better if there were a separate building - like an artist guild or something - where the decorative stuff could be made, leaving only the practical stuff for the workshop.

You're looking at the "All" category.. everything is separated into separate categories for easy organization. Just use the tabs :)

Lythian
10-25-12, 10:47 PM
I agree. I would like to give all my friends a gift everyday :)

Zetra
10-26-12, 04:07 AM
Special Enemies.
Like:Slimes which leaves goo on the buildings continuesly if you don't finish slime off,the people requires to clear off goo using energies.Bandits that stoles resources or money from the building nearby if you don't finish him off.

hmgdanielson
10-26-12, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the tab reminder, MHz_. I knew they were there for a reason.

hmgdanielson
10-26-12, 01:14 PM
OK. Next stupid suggestion...

If I tap on a building to find out how much time is left on it, it pops up with the time remaining and the speed up w/crystals button. The only way (I've found) to easily clear that pop-up is to tap on a section of forest that you can't expand to. This, though, depends on being zoomed out far enough that you can see one of those sections of forest.

Is there a close button I'm missing? If there isn't one, would it be possible to make it so that if you tap the grass, the pop-up will close? Or, I guess, some way of making that pop-up close more easily. Please?

MHz_
10-26-12, 03:59 PM
Special Enemies.
Like:Slimes which leaves goo on the buildings continuesly if you don't finish slime off,the people requires to clear off goo using energies.Bandits that stoles resources or money from the building nearby if you don't finish him off.

Cool ideas! We have 2 more monsters that have yet to make their way into the game, so look out for them soon. They'll be part of a major content update we will be working on soon.

JulietxRomeo
10-26-12, 07:47 PM
Hello~
A big thank you to the developers who work so hard to make this game possible! I especially love the cute graphics and the witty conversations between my character and the NPCs.
So here are some ideas I have for improving things:
1. A caravan that can allow us to sell our excess resources for gold, or increasing the max inventory size to maybe 500 instead of just 99. Currently I'm trying to harvest glimmerdust, and the mushrooms I get are maxed out. I'm doing my best to use them in recipes, but it's not working that well. Which brings me to the next point...
2. Certain essential items like glimmerdust, water and jewels are really hard to get. It's frustrating because many recipes require these materials. Maybe you could adjust the drop rates of these materials or add other items that would guarantee dropping them, like Glimmer Flowers, Water Purification Plants/Water Mills, and Jewelers.
3. It would also be nice if we could request materials from neighbours not just for quests, otherwise there isn't much use for them in later levels when the quests don't require anything from them. For example, 10 of my friends would have to accept my request to help me out for me to get 1 jewel. So this wouldn't make it too easy to get the rare resources.

cecilia1962
10-27-12, 11:16 AM
I wish we could ask friends to help with rocks lol I keep running out and takes long time to get more do u think it could be done in the future love the game

mymummy789
10-28-12, 04:32 AM
there are so many threads complaining at the difficulty in getting glimmer dust that I really think you need to consider a guaranteed way of obtaining this, otherwise people are going to lose interest in this game very quickly.

I have a mushroom patch of more than 12 (mixture of brown rings, red rings and just mushrooms) but there are many times when I get no GD at all from collecting. I understand that you want progress to slow, but surely not to the point that it stops altogether?

Rockinkitten
10-28-12, 01:34 PM
For water just build wells! I have 6 and it's plenty of water.

hopesdragons
10-28-12, 06:00 PM
If you won't let us request Glimmerdust, then let us at least craft it. To get so little and need so much at the same time (super glue, magic pages AND Ivy's) is EXTREMELY frustrating. Slowing the game down is one thing, but making us feel like its impossible to progress is another.

MHz_
10-28-12, 06:06 PM
If you won't let us request Glimmerdust, then let us at least craft it. To get so little and need so much at the same time (super glue, magic pages AND Ivy's) is EXTREMELY frustrating. Slowing the game down is one thing, but making us feel like its impossible to progress is another.

We're definitely looking for ways to make glimmerdust more accessible. A potion shop recipe is definitely not a bad idea :)

mymummy789
10-29-12, 03:23 AM
We're definitely looking for ways to make glimmerdust more accessible. A potion shop recipe is definitely not a bad idea :)

crosses fingers AND toes that this happens soon :)

netaoneneal
10-29-12, 04:00 PM
Would like to see the land change with the seasons. Snow in winter etc.

hmgdanielson
10-29-12, 05:13 PM

I can see how the art team might end up pulling their hair out over this (hire bald guys). But I must confess that I have imagined my kingdom covered in snow, and wished that could happen.

NanaCanna
10-29-12, 10:16 PM
Are we ever going to be able to grind up glimmer bulbs to make glimmer dust? I hope so. I love this game but get discouraged because I can never find enough glimmer dust.

seattlestown
10-29-12, 10:59 PM

Luv that idea!

And all the other ideas would be wonderful to have as well like the midden, dragons, griffins, Halloween items, helping NB's crops & crafting.... And a heart counter or something to tell me I've helped a nb already.

seattlestown
10-29-12, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the tab reminder, MHz_. I knew they were there for a reason.

Oops... Thx MHz! I wasn't paying attention to the tabs. Thx for all of ur help btw MHz! U have been awesome with this game in all aspects! U can really see how passionate u r about what ur creating. Luv it... Keep up the great work ;)

Rockinkitten
10-30-12, 07:55 AM
We used to get energy from some crops. Can we get that back please? Also the windmill should give us energy upon collection!

Branston73
10-30-12, 07:57 AM

I agree. Great idea! :-) I was thinking the same.

seattlestown
10-30-12, 09:48 AM
I'd luv to see the windmill move & spin :)

hmgdanielson
10-30-12, 12:06 PM
I'd luv to see the windmill move & spin :)

I have to admit, I was disappointed to see it didn't.

MHz_
10-30-12, 12:39 PM
I have to admit, I was disappointed to see it didn't.

Who says that It won't be able to later on? :P

googol
10-31-12, 08:19 PM
First- Kudos on this game, your best so far! Love the story and constant goals...keeps me engaged.
But the glimmerdust issue is not cool. Taking away ability to request it from neighbors...not cool. I'm clearly buying gems, but this change (combined with the many items that also need glimmerdust) will make me lose interest. It just seems a bit greedy, especially from the perspective of a player who spends about $15-$20 a week on gems for this game. In the first few days I spent around $60 because it was so fun.

Hope you'll let us request from neighbors again. Maybe put a daily cap on how many can be received? I certainly understand your desire to slow down the game so we don't lose interest. But some decisions (especially when privileges are taken away) are a bit extreme.

hmgdanielson
11-01-12, 03:11 PM
OK. So I had an idea that might be too complicated to work, and maybe TL just straight up won't like it...

The other day, I was collecting from buildings and such, but it was between four-hour cycles when none of the major stuff has come due. I had no crops ready to harvest, and I've slowed down on mushroom gathering. Out of my 40 energy, I had spent only 20.

I bought an outcropping and mined it to death, but as I was doing so, I couldn't help but wish for a bank (a not-so-ancient vault?). It would be totally wonderful if we had some way of storing our extra energy until the 20+ plots of sugar cane ripen and the 20+ buildings all pay out at the same time...

This would make those times when you level up and you've only spent two energy out of your forty (so you now have 78 energy to burn through) way more productive (thanks for making that additive, BTW). You could keep five energy in the bank for fighting monsters when one pops up as you spend that last energy... And if hoarding is a problem, you could even have a max deposit (vault size?) that holds whatever amount you guys thought worked best.

HMole
11-02-12, 08:45 AM
I'd like to have a wider choice in the appearance of the ruler?

Rockinkitten
11-03-12, 04:15 PM
What I would like more than anything, is an "undo" button. Especially for the times you accidentally use gems...

maguar
11-03-12, 04:56 PM
Given the fact that people are often full so you can't help them, I'd like have it so that non neighbors can help less than neighbors. This might free up a fee buildings for neighbors to help.

In the Help/FAQ section can you please change the expansion section as we know use Wisp Lanterns. Can you also add "How do I get Simple Glue/How do I unlock the Potion Shop?" Also "How do I rotate Walls?"

Given that we can no longer request building materials can we please get a flower for red petals?

I would love to get the Tablet Research quests but they're a very rare drop. Could we have the option of buying the quest for gems?

I get that there is a limit on the number of buildings of each type and on walls. I get the reasoning behind it. However could the limit be on the numbers placed in the kingdom? I've had to sell buildings that I would like to bring out later in order to build buildings needed to expand etc.

I know people have suggested being able to sell items to the market. How about going one step further and allowing us to trade them. Eg trade 5 Stone to get 1 Iron Ore.

There are certain items that I have maxed on that I either can't use in crafting (eg Living Wood) or the recipe involves materials I need for other things (eg Mermaid Scales can only be used in Lumin Essence which requires Earth Wisps which I need for Earth Lanterns).

There are certain items that get required for a lot of recipes. I know you're aware of glimmer dust so I won't go into that. My concern is that most of the meals for adventures use a lot of wheat. Could we get something like potatoes that could be used for some instead, eg make the pasta a gnocchi.

As there is currently no items in the Consumable class, could we look at splitting materials into Materials and Crafted? This would make it easier to find stuff in the Inventory.

GTMoney
11-03-12, 05:07 PM
Given that we can no longer request building materials can we please get a flower for red petals?

I would love to get the Tablet Research quests but they're a very rare drop. Could we have the option of buying the quest for gems?

You can still request Red Petals, and will be able to for as long as there is no "Red Petal" flower in the game. (We will add one in a future content update.) Eventually most building materials will not be requestable from friends. It's too exploitable to keep the building in an incomplete state and request the given item every day.

Technically you can spend Gems to speed up receiving the Tablet Research quests by using "Speed Up" to collect from the Tablet more often, thereby gaining more chances to drop a Knowledge Shard. We may explore ways to allow users to spend Gems on this in a more straightforward way.

badger8
11-03-12, 05:15 PM
Newbie question/suggestion:
You know when you purchase a building, it shows up as a pile of materials? Is there a way to find out what that pile will become? I had purchased 3 different things to be built, moved them around a bit, then couldn't figure out which one was which.
If not, can this be implemented? Thanks!

greygull
11-03-12, 05:21 PM
You know when you purchase a building, it shows up as a pile of materials? Is there a way to find out what that pile will become? I had purchased 3 different things to be built, moved them around a bit, then couldn't figure out which one was which.

I've been wondering this too ;)

maguar
11-03-12, 05:34 PM

Click on the building then close the popup. Before you click anywhere else look at the bottom right of the screen just above the market icon. You'll see the name of the building in white writing.

maguar
11-03-12, 05:40 PM
You can still request Red Petals, and will be able to for as long as there is no "Red Petal" flower in the game. (We will add one in a future content update.) Eventually most building materials will not be requestable from friends. It's too exploitable to keep the building in an incomplete state and request the given item every day.

Thanks for letting me know on this one.

Technically you can spend Gems to speed up receiving the Tablet Research quests by using "Speed Up" to collect from the Tablet more often, thereby gaining more chances to drop a Knowledge Shard. We may explore ways to allow users to spend Gems on this in a more straightforward way.

I got to admit that I'm willing to spend gems if I'm guaranteed to get it. I'm not willing to spend gems for the slim chance of getting it. Thanks for saying that you may look at it instead of dismissing it out of hand.

hmgdanielson
11-03-12, 06:21 PM
I would please like to request (in addition to a Bank) some way of being able to view your kingdom without all the watering cans hovering over everything - sort of the way a neighbor would see it when they visit.

badger8
11-03-12, 06:30 PM
Click on the building then close the popup. Before you click anywhere else look at the bottom right of the screen just above the market icon. You'll see the name of the building in white writing.

AHA! Thanks!

GTMoney
11-03-12, 07:10 PM
I would please like to request (in addition to a Bank) some way of being able to view your kingdom without all the watering cans hovering over everything - sort of the way a neighbor would see it when they visit.

This is not a perfect solution, but you can view your kingdom without any hovers by selecting "Menu" and then "Photo". There is still a camera lens overlay, however. Actually taking the photo will give you the unadulterated shot, which you can then save to your phone/IPad, or publish to Facebook!

totaltechno
11-03-12, 07:11 PM
Taller walls

Perry9877
11-04-12, 12:43 AM
I would love to see a tailor shop where you could make an outfit for yourself or perhaps another character who needs new clothing. Maybe a quest where the knights bring back someone who was set upon by bandits and barely escaped with the clothes on their back.

Perry9877
11-04-12, 01:03 AM
I wish glimmer dust was not what held my kingdom together, especially since I cannot request it. And I heard that now we can send only three gifts of any sort each day??!! So let us all dump our neighbours over the number of three so we do not have to have "favourite" neighbours that we gift each day. There is a more addictive Castle. . . Game on the PC that is calling my name.

bigtail2
11-04-12, 06:33 AM
This is not a perfect solution, but you can view your kingdom without any hovers by selecting "Menu" and then "Photo". There is still a camera lens overlay, however. Actually taking the photo will give you the unadulterated shot, which you can then save to your phone/IPad, or publish to Facebook!

Or just hit the edit button to make all of the hovering icons disappear

bigtail2
11-04-12, 10:16 AM
Please, please, please can we have a confirm button when using gems? Mine keep disappearing, and the extra frustrating part is that I have no idea where they are going. At least in BS/RS I know when I mess up and get caught in a trap. In this game I just don't have a clue, despite trying to be extra careful.

I know that TL has never been responsive to this request, but a girl can hope!

Rockinkitten
11-04-12, 10:20 AM
Please, please, please can we have a confirm button when using gems? Mine keep disappearing, and the extra frustrating part is that I have no idea where they are going. At least in BS/RS I know when I mess up and get caught in a trap. In this game I just don't have a clue, despite trying to be extra careful.

I know that TL has never been responsive to this request, but a girl can hope!

What she said!

midnightmeerkat
11-04-12, 01:01 PM
What she said!

What they said!!!!! I am forever speeding things up accidentally and losing my gems..... Not buying any more gems

midnightmeerkat
11-04-12, 01:03 PM
I would like a lot more small recurring quests... At the moment I have no quests and it would be really good to have some.

maguar
11-04-12, 03:09 PM
Taller walls

Taller walls will completely hide the items behind them. I wouldn't want this.

maguar
11-04-12, 03:20 PM
Given the importance of Coal, would it be able to purchase something called Coalface or Black Rock that will give you Coal each time you hit it?

How about a new high level royal building - Royal Vault or Treasury. It would cost a lot but give a high daily income. Or maybe a Barracks which either reduces the cost of adventures or improves the rewards.

New Resouce buildings that produce some of the basic crafting items. Eg stone quarry that produces Stone Blocks, Lumber Yards that produce Wood Beams, Larder that produces basic food items etc.

maguar
11-04-12, 03:43 PM
I want a University. In it you'll be able to pay or do quests to improve certain aspects of your game.

Engineering or Architecture would allow you to upgrade your buildings. Governance would allow you to increase your income. Agriculture would increase crop yields. Animal husbandry would increase either animal yield or frequency of rare items. Industry would increase the number of items you received when collecting from warehouse. Apothecary would increase the number of items when collecting from potion shop. And so on.

You could move the Tablet research quests into the uni as well.

pcoote
11-04-12, 05:16 PM
I want a University. In it you'll be able to pay or do quests to improve certain aspects of your game.

Engineering or Architecture would allow you to upgrade your buildings. Governance would allow you to increase your income. Agriculture would increase crop yields. Animal husbandry would increase either animal yield or frequency of rare items. Industry would increase the number of items you received when collecting from warehouse. Apothecary would increase the number of items when collecting from potion shop. And so on.

You could move the Tablet research quests into the uni as well.

I like the idea of a university, almost unlimited potential quests and can research upgrades for buildings/ crops/ resources too

rengirl1978
11-04-12, 11:18 PM
Please allow the energy to build faster! I can't even play the game because I have no energy. NO FUN!

Rockinkitten
11-04-12, 11:43 PM
Weren't we promised the ability to upgrade buildings a while ago?

maguar
11-05-12, 03:33 AM
Weren't we promised the ability to upgrade buildings a while ago?

They mentioned it was coming in a future update. I didn't see the harm in suggesting a way it could be implemented.

Rockinkitten
11-05-12, 03:42 AM
No of course not! Just remembered it and thought maybe I'd missed something!

queentina3
11-05-12, 12:34 PM
I don't know if this has been suggested, I haven't read the whole thread. BUT, when we have a building/item in progress of being built, it would be nice if the name of the building showed up when we tapped on it. Currently all I can see are the supplies I need to FINISH the building, but NOT what the building is. Since I have more than 1 in progress of being built, I forget which was which, and having the name would be so USEFUL! :)

maguar
11-05-12, 12:36 PM
I don't know if this has been suggested, I haven't read the whole thread. BUT, when we have a building/item in progress of being built, it would be nice if the name of the building showed up when we tapped on it. Currently all I can see are the supplies I need to FINISH the building, but NOT what the building is. Since I have more than 1 in progress of being built, I forget which was which, and having the name would be so USEFUL! :)

Tap on the building. Close the popup. Before you click on anything else look just above the market item. You will see the name in white writing.

queentina3
11-05-12, 01:02 PM
Tap on the building. Close the popup. Before you click on anything else look just above the market item. You will see the name in white writing.

Cool, thanks! Too bad it wasn't in the pop-up, but that works for now. I hope I can remember that for the next time. LOL!!!!

jomyers23
11-05-12, 04:05 PM
I agree. I would like to give all my friends a gift everyday :)

Absolutely agree. If you have many neighbors &want to try to rotate thru them, it's practically impossible to remember where to start each day. If you check them all off, how does CS determine who the three are that get the gifts?

primerib
11-06-12, 01:39 AM
As many people have requested of practically all TL games that have "neighbors", add the ability to "select all". Those of us with a lot of neighbors can easily wind up tapping the screen 400, 600+ times just to send gifts and request items. It's lame & very inconvenient. This also isn't a new suggestion either. Before fooling around with new things, you guys should make some kind of effort to resolve some of the long-standing annoyances.

maguar
11-08-12, 03:19 AM
Two new animals: deer and partridge. Deer could drop venison (for the royal stew) and antlers (for potions). Partridge could drop roast partridge (for a royal recipe) and feathers (for potions or decorations).

A fortune teller - once a day you can pay $x and she'll tell your fortune.

Good fortune awaits - get gems
Danger abounds - get a monster even if you already have one
You are concerned with material items - get a crafted item
The stomach is the way to the heart - get a feast
You are feeling drained- lose a couple of energy

Etc

arale_norimaki
11-08-12, 04:03 AM
Animals: ducks (for eggs, feather)

And the possibility to gift all neighbors! I feel so lame and greedy not being able to gift more :(

yourstruly42
11-08-12, 11:20 AM
I'd like to raise my voice with the people who want a "confirm" or "are you sure" button before spending gems to hurry buildings. It happens to me at least once a day that I'll accidentally click on something twice, and poof! there go my gems. Sometimes it's only one, but occasionally it's been 5+. Which is truly annoying, because I didn't want to spend them and was planning on spending them on other things. Thanks!

midnightmeerkat
11-08-12, 11:29 AM
I'd like to raise my voice with the people who want a "confirm" or "are you sure" button before spending gems to hurry buildings. It happens to me at least once a day that I'll accidentally click on something twice, and poof! there go my gems. Sometimes it's only one, but occasionally it's been 5+. Which is truly annoying, because I didn't want to spend them and was planning on spending them on other things. Thanks!
Yes I agree.... Even if there was a big red "X" you had to push to get rid of the speed up box would be good

greatday2bealive
11-10-12, 12:41 PM
I only have 1 gem...ALL of the other gems were list by accidentally clicking speed up.
What I want most in this game:
1) more energy...it's not enough to do everything and becomes extremely annoying having to wait 3 minutes for 1 (even more annoying when the beasts and skunkupines come and waste 2-3 of the tediously awaited energy)
2) ability to gift more than 3 neighbors...I don't understand why we can't...it makes no sense

howdy2you
11-10-12, 12:44 PM
I only have 1 gem...ALL of the other gems were list by accidentally clicking speed up.
1) more energy...it's not enough to do everything and becomes extremely annoying having to wait 3 minutes for 1 (even more annoying when the beasts and skunkupines come and waste 2-3 of the tediously awaited energy)
2) ability to gift more than 3 neighbors...I don't understand why we can't...it makes no sense

I second this.

sgtmonkeynads
11-11-12, 12:09 AM
We have cows.
Why not a Bull.
Make the Bull the color Red.
Give the Red Bull the ability to give you extra energy once or twice a day.

maguar
11-11-12, 01:28 AM
We have cows.
Why not a Bull.
Make the Bull the color Red.
Give the Red Bull the ability to give you extra energy once or twice a day.

Red bull gives you wings. Lol

Rockinkitten
11-11-12, 01:36 AM
. ) more energy...it's not enough to do everything and becomes extremely annoying having to wait 3 minutes for 1 (even more annoying when the beasts and skunkupines come and waste 2-3 of the tediously awaited energy)

You get energy from ****ing beasties though. Most of the time you get as much back as you've used, sometimes one less.

TVeno
11-11-12, 08:19 AM
You should add unicorns that gift magical ingredients.

seattlestown
11-12-12, 06:49 AM
I would love to have a weekly 'update day'. I am so impatient lol. Weekly updates on a scheduled day is something many players luv & look forward too. It's been over 2 weeks since the last update and I'm anxious for one :)

vednir
11-12-12, 02:01 PM
It would be nice if the Queen's Court (or King's Keep, depending on which one you chose initially) unlocked at a later time/higher level so you can build both eventually.

midnightmeerkat
11-12-12, 02:16 PM
I would love to have a weekly 'update day'. I am so impatient lol. Weekly updates on a scheduled day is something many players luv & look forward too. It's been over 2 weeks since the last update and I'm anxious for one :)

Me too....waiting impatiently here!! :)

howdy2you
11-12-12, 02:56 PM
The pig that poops out mushrooms is pretty cool. I wish they were magic mushrooms though.

lattelaugh
11-12-12, 05:44 PM
What is up with the pig and the mushrooms???

angiesplace99
11-12-12, 09:18 PM
What I would like more than anything, is an "undo" button. Especially for the times you accidentally use gems...

I agree. I accidentally spent 250 gems on coins because I had the game on my iphone, in my hand, as I was walking around my house. Next thing I know, I look down and spent all those gems. I was so mad. I was saving them and would have NEVER spent them on coins.

angiesplace99
11-12-12, 09:36 PM

I Third this!!

angiesplace99
11-12-12, 09:38 PM
It would be nice if the Queen's Court (or King's Keep, depending on which one you chose initially) unlocked at a later time/higher level so you can build both eventually.

That would be great! I really wanted the Queen's Court but thought I had to purchase the King's Keep first. I didn't realize you wouldn't be able to get both at some point.

khunstella
11-13-12, 12:13 AM
i find ****ing fangbeasts and skunkupine quite horrifying for a game like this esp when they also yelp..man, can you just please remove this function and replace it with something less violent?!

bravewarrior
11-13-12, 06:22 PM
I am old school, and old, and I want my money's worth.

For example: if one energy cost one gem, I would buy it in a heartbeat. If one glimmer dust was one for one, I would buy it. In fact, I would purchase gems for it. This was a fun game. I thought I was accomplishing something as I got bigger. I leveled up and I would get an extra energy, just like the inventory boxes in fashion. The fact is, energy is expensive: ten gems for only five energy points. My point is: I play MyClinic and I spend my real money there. Why? Because I get three medicines for two gold coins. I feel I'm getting my money's worth. I have credit sitting in the iTunes store that I need to spend. I was thinking about cashing it in on Castle when some cute decoration (that was worth it) came along. Now I am considering quitting all the Teamlava games.

I really, really thought teamlava figured out what makes users happy with Castle Story:
Building Stuff! Extremely frustrating because it's in stages, but I love it!
Being dependent on myself for expansions build lamps. Yes, I was sneaking a work and doing it! (It takes me over a week to get enough maps on Monster and Dragon).
Earning energy as you level up. Great, makes me want to play more! (I would have stayed with Metro if it did that).
Refilling energy when you do level up. That really rocks!
Crops not expiring. Yes, but I still get up in the middle night and clear a crop! (This is one of the reasons I quit the first Zoo).
Energy from visiting NBs. I burned dinner doing that last night! (But it's not as giving as it used to be? I'm mostly getting coins now.)

Taking away my energy was just, well, wrong.

farmerted7
11-13-12, 07:07 PM
Put energy cap back up to at least 40.

PartyScout
11-14-12, 01:26 PM
Up the energy cap.

Takes too long to expand.

Silvertoaster
11-14-12, 01:50 PM
I have a suggestion that might improve gameplay and help people be a little happier:

Maybe instead of spending gems on energy that can be wasted, gems can be used to buy an energy cap increase? Like 10 gems for +5 to the energy cap perhaps? I enjoy many of your games and would consider spending money if the effects of spending money were a little more permanent. If you buy gems, then buy extra energy and use it, what have you got? An extra minute of play? It's not much incentive for me to pay money for something that doesn't even last. It would also be nice if there was an energy cap increase as a reward to some goals. I'm getting to the point in Castle Story where I have more things to spend energy on than energy to spend. It's not fun to play a game that you can't actually play. I also really like the suggestion I read earlier that you decrease the energy recharging time to 30 seconds instead of 3 minutes. That way people can really get into it and will possibly be more inclined to spend money. I thought City Metro was fun too until I couldn't collect from all the buildings I had built due to lack of energy, so I stopped playing. Please consider this suggestion and constructive criticism, I can tell you spent a long time developing Castle Story and it would be a real shame if everyone stopped playing it.

kooky panda
11-14-12, 02:51 PM
Come see the new suggestion thread and post the things you would like to see.
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39866-Castle-Story-Suggestions