PDA

View Full Version : Who's in the Million Population Club?

Supervolcano
11-27-10, 03:02 AM
So I finally hit 1,000,000 population while keeping the small smiley face.
Who else is in this elite club?

Here's what mine looks like now (and probably won't change for a loooong time if new content isn't released).

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/2329/level88profile.png (http://img695.imageshack.us/i/level88profile.png/)

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9687/level88full.jpg (http://img163.imageshack.us/i/level88full.jpg/)

Unregistered
11-27-10, 05:32 AM
Elite? Hardly. You can easily hit 1 million by doing what lots of others do...stack plenty of houses. I hate how those look though...I like being realistic myself. But that alone makes 1 million not that hard to do. And as you showed, what's harder is maintaining the grin with such a population.

Speaking of realism, your houses don't look right at all. Stacked in two rows means no roads/access to one row. And that lacks realism, quite a bit.

I'm one who prefers the grin over anything. That, and items who lots of others don't have. That's why my residences (or is that "residenci" :D) are made up mostly of case items. Lots of increase in population with less buildings. And of course, my Liberty, Burj Al Arab and rollercoaster are there as well. Liberty wasn't too hard because I know how to do my contracts correctly. Burj and the coaster took a few bucks, but they're worth it. That's all my neighbors mention, strangers too. Really entertaining, lol. Anyway, there's a good five neighbors of mine that have been at a little over a million for a couple of weeks now. And they have the grin, so I've seen better. Decent attempt though.

Unregistered
11-27-10, 05:46 AM
Arrogant much? You sound like a very negative person! The OP is, and rightly shoud be, excited about reaching a personal goal, and you sit there saying that it isn't all that great. This thread started out being a happy and positive discussion in a forum that is filled with anger and complaints, so why did you feel like you had to put your negative spin on it. Be happy for the OP.

Speaking of realism, your houses don't look right at all. Stacked in two rows means no roads/access to one row. And that lacks realism, quite a bit.

Oh, and you want to discuss realisim, houses in the real world usually are back to back. Just because we cant turn them 360 degrees doesn't mean we still cant have back to back housing. Maybe they use their back doors. And then you go on to say that your city is full things that others dont have. How is that realistic?

Hey, OP, well done... your city looks great!

Unregistered
11-27-10, 07:49 AM
I think the real "elite" consists of players who have broken through to level 76. Check out this one:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1214/download1i.jpg

Unregistered
11-27-10, 09:21 AM
I think the real "elite" consists of players who have broken through to level 76. Check out this one:

A bit of maths makes me think that this person either spent

1. Over 10'000$
2. 18 hours per day non stop since CS was launched "growing" popsicles...

Another possibiliry is that it's Norman and a test user...

chvchv & chvchv2
11-27-10, 10:56 AM
A bit of maths makes me think that this person either spent

1. Over 10'000$
2. 18 hours per day non stop since CS was launched "growing" popsicles...

Another possibiliry is that it's Norman and a test user...

Let's do some math (always fun):

The above shown city was built from 306.8 million coins. I was just counting the expensive stuff.

Popsicles give you 8160 coins per hour per factory, if one is able (which nobody is) to keep a 1 minute interval.

306,800,000 coins coming from popsicles would have taken 142 days, if the contracts were repeated each and every minute 24/7 without any delay between the contracts whatsoever. -> Impossible, because the game is just a little over 100 days old.

If you purchase this amount of coins through city cash... oh boy... let's check the calculator. 400,000 coins cost 100 city case. So, 306,800,000 coins cost 76,700 city cash. 580 city cash cost $99.99 real dollars. So, 76,700 city cash cost $13,210 real dollars. -> Highly unlikely that someone on this planet pays that amount of money for such a game.

Either someone hacked the server or is so stupid to spend $13,200 on a virtual city or, and this is my opinion: This Norman's city.

I'm still convinced that TeamLava only consists of Norman and nobody else. (Prove me wrong, Norman)

chvchv & chvchv2
11-27-10, 11:09 AM

Now I know: This is Photoshopped!!!

The businesses only add up to 6.7 Million Happy. But 5 Million People need 7.5 million Happy for the big smile.

And also: You need 10 million XP to get to the imaginary Level 76. This Photoshop city does by far not add up to 10 million XP.

BUSTED!!!!

Unregistered
11-27-10, 12:40 PM
The screenshot is real, not photoshopped -- I assure you. I count 42 office towers, which provides 6,720,000 happiness. If you add in the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Tech Tower, and all the other businesses, I think that?s easily 7.5 million.

Believe me, I?m scratching my head too ? that?s why I took the screenshot. My theory is that this player took advantage of the iPhone clock bug before TeamLava fixed it back in August:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?1149-1-000-000-population

Unregistered
11-27-10, 12:42 PM
Also, keep in mind that you can earn experience by completing various contracts - not just from buying buildings. For example, if this player had been using the iPhone clock bug to complete lots of MP3 player contracts, he would have amassed lots of experience points that way before he even starting building.

chvchv & chvchv2
11-27-10, 02:56 PM
Also, keep in mind that you can earn experience by completing various contracts - not just from buying buildings. For example, if this player had been using the iPhone clock bug to complete lots of MP3 player contracts, he would have amassed lots of experience points that way before he even starting building.

...which is also called: *****ING! (Taking advantage of a bug to gain profit)

Unregistered
11-27-10, 06:28 PM

Now that's ELITE!

There may have been an update, but those who did the glitch still have the stuff, lol. Awesome!

Unregistered
11-27-10, 06:39 PM
Let's do some math (always fun):

The above shown city was built from 306.8 million coins. I was just counting the expensive stuff.

Popsicles give you 8160 coins per hour per factory, if one is able (which nobody is) to keep a 1 minute interval.

306,800,000 coins coming from popsicles would have taken 142 days, if the contracts were repeated each and every minute 24/7 without any delay between the contracts whatsoever. -> Impossible, because the game is just a little over 100 days old.

If you purchase this amount of coins through city cash... oh boy... let's check the calculator. 400,000 coins cost 100 city case. So, 306,800,000 coins cost 76,700 city cash. 580 city cash cost $99.99 real dollars. So, 76,700 city cash cost $13,210 real dollars. -> Highly unlikely that someone on this planet pays that amount of money for such a game.

Either someone hacked the server or is so stupid to spend $13,200 on a virtual city or, and this is my opinion: This Norman's city.

I'm still convinced that TeamLava only consists of Norman and nobody else. (Prove me wrong, Norman)

If team lava is one guy, then he's extremely talented.

The team consists of three developers and support staff. Their lawyers name is Susan I believe.
Norman I think is an employee, the forum webmaster. Go between the devs and the users. I doubt the devs read here. If they did and saw all the obnoxious negative ppl we would no longer have the games as no amount of $ would be worth putting up with some of these seriously nasty, ungrateful, mental cases.
Reference their facebook page and the trademark registration. It lists the devs. 3

Robsden
11-29-10, 05:15 AM
It's real.

Unregistered
11-29-10, 10:07 AM
It's real.

It's real...
~ ugly
~ *****ing
~ stupid (what's the point of playing?)
~ plus a thousand more description {but elite is NOT one of them}

Unregistered
12-01-10, 11:54 AM
It's real...
~ ugly
~ *****ing
~ stupid (what's the point of playing?)
~ plus a thousand more description {but elite is NOT one of them}

*sniff sniff* What is that? Oh I knowwwwwwwwww....

it's called JEALOUSY.

Unregistered
12-02-10, 11:35 AM
That must of taken a long long time and must have costed alot of real money, surely. Not the prettiest city, but impressive.

Unregistered
12-02-10, 12:21 PM
I think TL should delete this *****er account.

We see there is no factories, so this is either a TL city or some serious *****s is going on.

By the way; yes ... It is real .. But as another poser said... So what?

chvchv & chvchv2
12-02-10, 06:37 PM
*sniff sniff* What is that? Oh I knowwwwwwwwww....

it's called JEALOUSY.

Nobody (except for you) is jealous over here. A *****er is a *****er. He/she took advantage of an early bug of CS.

Impressive? No. I think the city is ugly. I wouldn't wanna live there.

Unregistered
12-03-10, 04:40 AM
We see there is no factories, so this is either a TL city or some serious *****s is going on.

You can sell your factories...

chvchv & chvchv2
12-04-10, 01:06 PM
I've just tapped into *****ers city (TL's test city).

This guy went straight up from 5 million to 7 million people.

Very obviously a *****.

:-(

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3500/img0014eb.jpg

Unregistered
12-04-10, 03:26 PM
From 5 millions to 7 millions within a few days and without any factory.

This just confirmed that this is a TL test city; since the bug was fixed a few months ago.

Just thought I should try:

Norman, any response from you?

P.S. Personally, I don't give a !xyzs! ... but just curious of how that happen...
I am already on level 75 and I don't play as often, since there is no more expansion and new items.
I have over 4 million game coins, but I got everything already.

Unregistered
12-04-10, 07:20 PM
They fixed the bug, but people who did it still have certain things.

Unregistered
12-04-10, 07:28 PM
They fixed the bug, but people who did it still have certain things.

...but they don't jump from 5,000,000 to 7,000,000 in a matter of days AFTER the bug was fixed.