PDA

View Full Version : Out With The Old

Takiofallen
10-01-12, 07:06 PM
I think that all common dragons should be slowly phased out. (made extinct) Why?

1. Since weekly updates have started 85% of the dragons have been rare or super rare (not including the new dawn update) it would be nice to have an update of common dragons.
2. If placement of dragons during breeding does not matter(red+green or green+red you still have a 1 in 4 chance of breeding a life dragon [25%] and that?s not including rarity of the dragons) you max out at four combos before it becomes redundant. This will also allow TL to give us new diamond/infinity combos and fix some dreaded breeding times. (20 hour islands and 12 hour firestorms is a long time to wait when you know you have already failed) I can deal with a failed breeding of 9 hours when trying for an angel.
3. Reward veteran players: I have been playing DS since you could plant 100 fire apples for 650 and buy a nest for 25 gold. (ahhh the good old days) By rendering first generation common dragons extinct (phased out) you give us a somewhat rare dragon. How you may ask? New players won?t be able to breed them. This will pay of greatly if TL decides to allow trading of dragons. Our Once common dragons now will be only available through trade. I have been to many island where people have no generation one common dragons and if they do it?s only one which is in epic form.
4. The only other choice is to add more colors: With all primary colors being used it is very simple just to add another color (orange would be red+yellow or get a little crazy with blue+green to make turquoise ?.yeah)but who wants that problem.

OK I am done ranting for the day, but hey what do you think??

saintlover
10-01-12, 09:23 PM
Good idea

Takiofallen
10-19-12, 09:18 PM
With the LE out now i thought i would bring this back up to see what people think now

kwhales
10-20-12, 01:00 PM
Takiofallen--- Your number 3 is kind of like what I have been saying on other posts. But with LE's. Give veteran or current players the chance (a better chance) to buy or breed an LE. (for a limited time) That way, future players will envy us, cause they won't be able to get it. and if trading ever happens (which I doubt, because no gold would be needed, so no cash for TL), the only way future players could get these would be trading.

TL could even make the LE high gold price once the time limit is over, so whoever didn't get it during the time limit would have to buy gold (spend cash) to get it.

Horntail21
10-20-12, 04:31 PM
I like it. We can start by phasing out fruitful island mist and firestorm lol. Joking but not joking

Lolas_Kryptonite
10-20-12, 09:42 PM
I like it. We can start by phasing out fruitful island mist and firestorm lol. Joking but not joking

Add poison to that list too! Poison & Firestorm leave an unpleasant taste in my mouth after the past 2 wkends!

And fruitful I will get when I'm desperately trying for something else.
They should let us vote which 3 to get rid of.... the most votes win lol

Takiofallen
10-20-12, 10:04 PM
come people the Island has to got to. Those 20 hours hurt.

salinho
11-20-12, 02:07 AM
I'm sick of commons too. But unless our habitats increase in number, what will we do when we breed something and must delete a dragon to place it? Some people epild like to have all of the dragons. (Me, I donno. Pretty sick of firestorm babies lol)

Sefyre
11-20-12, 03:16 AM
I'm a newer player so I'm not so sick of commons as long as there is a variety to see. What I dislike most is breeding and seeing nothing BUT the same exact Dragon with its half-day breeding and half-day nesting time and time and time again to the point I am actually losing interest in Dragon Story itself.

12 hours, blat in your Breeding Den. 12 hours, blat in your Nest. One day gone by. And for what? ANOTHER FIRESTORM, inevitably, if you're breeding together Fire and Air. The worst thing is, there were FOUR possibilities for that color combo - Firestorm, Eagle, Scorpion, and Pumpkin, and if you add in Green, Turkey.

But FIRESTORM is the only one that ever showed its face for me save for one time and the ONLY way I was able to 'break' the cycle of Firestorms was to breed four colors together to force the ENTIRE list of possibilities (save for purple) into the equation.

Even if I get commons in this situation, at least they are a variety and not just ONE every. single. time. and at least the times are varied. After breeding nothing but Firestorms over the last few weeks, seeing ANYTHING ELSE has been a relief and that includes any and all other commons.

MomsHouseofSweets
11-20-12, 10:40 AM
I agree with Takiofallen, the common dragons should slowly become extinct. Their color(s) are what matter, right? I got pretty tired of the same old boring commons coming up time after time while breeding, especially. Yep, good idea!

MomsHouseofSweets
11-20-12, 10:41 AM
As for an increase in habitats ... most definitely!! While their (TL) at it, being able to expand where we want would be nice. Why have to expand in designated areas chosen FOR us ... but that's another thread. :)

Susyalba
11-20-12, 11:39 AM
Ah...being somewhat of a "middle aged" (?) Player.....i dont yet have an opinion as to the commons. But maybe after you reach a certain level, or complete certain goals, they could be phased out. Now TRADING...! SUPER idea they could solve the (buying) gold dilemma by charging each playsr X amt. Of gold to trade. And or...if it is an "unequal" trade players would have the option of yrading say a wizard plus 500 gold coins for a diamond...or whatever and T.L could receive a % of the gold teceived...their tax lol. Kind of like **** and ******...hmmmmm. just a thought.

grondai
11-20-12, 12:02 PM
Yes we need a trading booth. We should be able to put our eggs from our nests into our trading booth. We would set prices for each egg whether that is gold, coins, or food. The gold set priced dragons in people's booths would create much larger revenue for teamlava. I would most likely sell a diamond for 500 gold. Their listed price is 2000. More than likely someone will spend 20-30 bucks for a diamond compared to 2000 gold. They would have a ridiculous amount of gold buyers if trading were to take place.

I highly doubt this will happen though. Teamlava seems to not want to try anything new. They are probably happy with this game's income even though they could triple revenue with so many ideas I can think of that I wanna cry lol. Trading would just be a great idea. They will just s**** this one though.

bevnkarim
11-20-12, 08:40 PM
Didn't read the entire post so this might have been mentioned, but what if the common dragons had to be purchased? Instead of just phazing them out.

BabyDinosaurRawr
11-21-12, 01:25 AM
I personally love common dragons. Mist baby looks like dratini and epic form i beautiful, firestorm baby is clumsy cute and cuddly, life epic is probly my fave epic, fruitful second stage is cute chasing its apple with its tounge, i dont really like island at all though.
The only reasons i think people hate commons so much is because of long breeding and hatching, low coin income, and that they show up so often (but they are common after all).

Instead of phasing out TL could add benefits to having them such as someone suggesting that fruitful give food, the life could help shorten breeding time, firestorm could heat eggs so they hach faster, island could help shorten expansions, and mist could collect coins from full habitats.
TL could also add minigames that raise their coin incomes if you win. Even adding more common dragons could be cool so people dont have to see the same one 20 times in a row.

If commons are phased out then rares will be the new commons and people will get irritated with them too! And if trading is never allowed then it is as unfair to new players as LE is to current players.

Takiofallen
05-05-13, 02:39 PM
When i originally started this thread i had no idea would actually consider the idea. Now that they have implemented it i a little confused about the dragons being selected. Also i hope this is an indication that trading is in the works.

HenryLucky1
05-05-13, 02:41 PM
I really want your "trading to other neighbors" is come and for Android too (it's a great feature)

itzjulezzz
05-05-13, 03:42 PM
they are old, but I just got my planet....It wasn't cause I didn't try, there are still dragons that have yet to say heyyyyyy to my island.

kwhales
05-05-13, 05:53 PM
When i originally started this thread i had no idea would actually consider the idea. Now that they have implemented it i a little confused about the dragons being selected. Also i hope this is an indication that trading is in the works.

First, Welcome Back Takio. It has been way too long.

Ok, now, one of my neighbors has an idea that they might be phasing out the shortest breed times in color groups.

In the yellow blue family, clown had the least breed time, quetzal the shortest in the diamond hybrid family.

Once we see what this weeks choice is, we may have a better understanding and see if this is in fact true. The others that were retired, were in fact limited in some way.

lollipop_rp
05-05-13, 06:30 PM
I don't know about 4 but I agree with the other choices.
Every time we get a new color, that means a new habitat, which means one less habitat from our already limited amount.

I say we need a update in that but I also say we need to say bye bye to the commons. Maybe a new generation isnt a bad idea???

HenryLucky1
05-05-13, 10:28 PM
First, Welcome Back Takio. It has been way too long.

Ok, now, one of my neighbors has an idea that they might be phasing out the shortest breed times in color groups.

In the yellow blue family, clown had the least breed time, quetzal the shortest in the diamond hybrid family.

Once we see what this weeks choice is, we may have a better understanding and see if this is in fact true. The others that were retired, were in fact limited in some way.
The shortest in Diamond family is Mercury!

RotomGuy
05-05-13, 11:12 PM

And even then Helios and Dark Angel are before Qietzal.

But I wouldn't like the commons we have now to go. I wouldn't mind new commons, but I like the ones we have right now. If we had two commons for a colour combo, the chance of not getting Rares wouldn't become greater, it's just if you did get a common, it's 50/50 or 60/40 chance of getting each one.

kwhales
05-06-13, 03:09 AM

Yes but look at the fail times too. Before dawn tree, quetzal was 30 seconds. With mercury and the others, players are more tempted to use gold to speed and try again, not so much with quetzal. (Until dawn tree).