PDA

View Full Version : Gifting ??

laVirtualCloset
10-01-12, 04:21 PM
I'm really enjoying the game and love the unfolding story aspect; so different from the other TL games.

The Reference Guide and Thread have been really helpful . . . thanks Maguar and Dabag!

However, I'm still stumped on gifting. I have a lot of neighbors but I don't seem to be getting very many gifts. The News Icon will show a number but when I go in, there won't be anything to accept or decline. I may get 3 - 4 gifts and some days none at all. Also, when I try to gift, it seems that most of my neighbors don't get them. I get the max received message.

Is there a max of sending and receiving gifts? I want to be a good neighbor and plan my gifting strategy accordingly.

kooky panda
10-01-12, 04:36 PM
You can only sent 3 gifts per day.
I assume you can receive up to 20.
I have never gotten that many, but I have received more than 3 in a day.

laVirtualCloset
10-01-12, 04:59 PM
Thanks Kooky!

That explains the sending issue. I know I'm not getting anywhere near 20 so maybe its due to the limitation on sending. I guess its not currently an issue. I'm approaching my 99 quantity max on sap and wood anyway so I'll survive :-)

laVirtualCloset
10-02-12, 12:39 AM
The update to the gifts are fantastic!

In addition to wood and sap, we are now able to gift furs, red/blue/or purple petals, silver ore, iron ore, or jewels, or glimmer dust. Thanks Mhz!

ivestj84
10-02-12, 01:01 AM
Wood item has been taken off the gifting list I think.

maguar
10-02-12, 01:04 AM
I can gift a max of 1 jewels. I can then do 2 silver ores. Has anyone been able to send more than 3?

laVirtualCloset
10-02-12, 05:41 AM
Wood item has been taken off the gifting list I think.

You r right! The sap is there but wood has been removed which is great since there r so many ways to obtain wood that u'd max out very easily. It was about 1:30 am when I woke up and discovered the change. Sorry for the confusion.

laVirtualCloset
10-02-12, 06:04 AM
I can gift a max of 1 jewels. I can then do 2 silver ores. Has anyone been able to send more than 3?

Thus far I've gifted two furs. Tried to gift a 3rd but got Maxed message no matter who I selected. Choose the jewels and it went thru.

yupiyupigumgum
10-03-12, 04:17 AM
Any strategy on gifting? so that the neighbors won't think that we don't care and then decide to delete us as neighbor

s_lynne
10-17-12, 12:20 PM
IMHO, I think the whole "you can only gift to 3 neighbors a day" is a very poorly executed idea. I can kinda understand the gold(DS & MS), and gems(HDS) because we can use em to buy stuff but why in CS? It's not like we can use glimmer dust to purchase anything. It makes no sense to only be able to gift to 3 neighbors. I don't see why we can't have one specified item to send to 3 neighbors and the rest we can send to everybody. I have over 150 neighbors and the gifting process is beyond rediculous. The process really needs to change. And like I said, that's my opinion.

As far as a strategy, I do it alphabetically.

yupiyupigumgum
10-17-12, 09:11 PM
IMHO, I think the whole "you can only gift to 3 neighbors a day" is a very poorly executed idea. I can kinda understand the gold(DS & MS), and gems(HDS) because we can use em to buy stuff but why in CS? It's not like we can use glimmer dust to purchase anything. It makes no sense to only be able to gift to 3 neighbors. I don't see why we can't have one specified item to send to 3 neighbors and the rest we can send to everybody. I have over 150 neighbors and the gifting process is beyond rediculous. The process really needs to change. And like I said, that's my opinion.

As far as a strategy, I do it alphabetically.

Totally agree. I hope my neighbors can understand that and don't think I ignore them

tarragon57
10-18-12, 03:21 AM
We may not be in a position to be gifting many of our neighbours but they will see that we are responding to their requests & visiting their kingdoms. We are all in the same position so we all should understand.

mobetter64
03-20-13, 09:12 PM
How do you receive the blue flower penstemon

maguar
03-21-13, 02:28 AM
How do you receive the blue flower penstemon

Go to the market -> nature -> plants. Scroll through till you see it.