PDA

View Full Version : So annoyed

mimi95x
09-30-12, 12:14 PM
A while back I accepted a neighbor invite from a girl who needed more neighbors, so I said sure why not, the more the merrier right? Well after a while of being her neighbor I went to tip her bakery and I see that she copied my bakery EXACTLY. So I confront her and she denies it, whatever, but she then deleted me off her neighbors list. Yet, she still continues to visit me every single day to copy whatever I do to my bakery. I mean, she stole my entire layout, ugh. I love my bakery and now I feel like it isn't unique anymore and it was just taken from me. I'm irritated, has this ever happened to anyone else?

mattyboo1
09-30-12, 12:29 PM
Just ignore the neighbor it actually means they likes your bakery

mimi95x
09-30-12, 12:46 PM
I guess, but its hard to when she shows up on my news feed everyday. Still ticks me off

sweetstuff525
09-30-12, 01:19 PM
I guess, but its hard to when she shows up on my news feed everyday. Still ticks me off

At least when she's copying you she tips you lol

marrrina
09-30-12, 01:54 PM
The same thing happened to me recently with someone who had been my neighbor for a while. She put on my wall 'hey I hope you don't mind I copied your bakery, but it's not as good as yours :)' And she did copy it down to a T as much as she possibly could. It was as if she took a screenshot of my bakery and worked off of that. I was really annoyed by it, and I just said to her that I did mind, then deleted her as a neighbor. It does happen from time to time, unfortunately. Just delete her and stop visiting her and posting on her wall so that hopefully she'll lose track of you and cant find you anymore.

LalaSmooth
09-30-12, 02:01 PM
Hate people like that!

kisseop
09-30-12, 02:01 PM
A while back I accepted a neighbor invite from a girl who needed more neighbors, so I said sure why not, the more the merrier right? Well after a while of being her neighbor I went to tip her bakery and I see that she copied my bakery EXACTLY. So I confront her and she denies it, whatever, but she then deleted me off her neighbors list. Yet, she still continues to visit me every single day to copy whatever I do to my bakery. I mean, she stole my entire layout, ugh. I love my bakery and now I feel like it isn't unique anymore and it was just taken from me. I'm irritated, has this ever happened to anyone else?

what mattyboo1 said may be true, but personally when I see some crazy/great idea in someone's else bakery/restaurant sometimes I take a screenshot just to enjoy looking at it, but I would never (and I never did) copy anyone, neighbor or not. One part of this game is how TeamLava gives us new updates, so we can change our bakeries constantly, improving the design to our liking. Even though there are thousands of players, most of us menages to create unique design. Copying is merely a sign of appreciation, its just pointless, leads nowhere, and takes all the pleasure of creating your own place... I say NO NO NO to copying. Inspiration is one thing (like some people used the idea of "stairs") but copying whole design >:O

LalaSmooth
09-30-12, 02:05 PM
It's creepy it's also like you got your own personal stalker lol.

ladygaga1978
09-30-12, 02:12 PM
Wow, I am so sorry that happened to you! I would be ticked off if I were you too! I have come across a few creeps on Bakery Story as well! For two consecutive months an eleven year old and her friends would spam my wall literally every day. It was so annoying because there is no way to block people! When I contacted TeamLava they did nothing about! They kept asking me to add them because they claimed to love my bakery, but wow, that's not the way to make friends on an online game...

creeturous
09-30-12, 02:40 PM
It's pretty lame that she copied you but then she denied it? People are freakin' weird...

filochick1982
09-30-12, 03:14 PM
As they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Wonder if anyone has taken a screenshot of my bakery and copied it?

mattyboo1
09-30-12, 03:54 PM

That's kind of what I mean but still people should not copy others it's not nice

filochick1982
09-30-12, 03:59 PM
That's kind of what I mean but still people should not copy others it's not nice

Yes I agree. I would be flattered and annoyed at the same time.

I suppose, if someone copied my layout, I would still know the original idea was mine and that's all the counts to me.

26peanut
09-30-12, 04:20 PM

I think about this all the time

khadiah
09-30-12, 04:41 PM
Very annoying.

mimi95x
09-30-12, 05:09 PM
I find it more annoying than flattering. I mean she literally copied what food I would bake. So creepy D: really wish there was a way to block people

sweetstuff525
09-30-12, 05:29 PM
I find it more annoying than flattering. I mean she literally copied what food I would bake. So creepy D: really wish there was a way to block people

Wow even the food... Now that is scary and creepy... It's like an obssesion

ashrb
09-30-12, 09:38 PM
Ahh I know exactly how you feel! I once had a neighbor who would re-model her bakery using my older designs and admitted she always took photos of my remodels -_- and at first yes, it is flattering, but when it continuously happens after politely asking them to stop and they don't.. Then yeah, it's annoying. Best thing you can do is ignore it and not give them the attention because it's not worth it. People will continue to do whatever they want and you can't exactly argue with stupid.

kieranyeow
09-30-12, 10:27 PM
Don't Bother Her,
She Copy Your Bakery Means:
Your Bakery Is Fantastic
Yay For Youself
:D

minidemon88
10-22-12, 02:56 AM
I can totally understand how you feel. This just happened to me few days back. I was tipping my new neighbor when I found out that part of her bakery looks very identical to mine. She just copied almost a part of my bakery and changed some of the decorations, tables and chairs. Even the wallpapers are similar, though I have already changed mine. The way how I placed the cash register are the same. I don't mind she copied how I placed my wallpapers but I really do mind that she just copied how I placed my table and chair concept.

It's sucks and annoying to have someone just stole and copied your own design!

MzVodka
10-24-12, 08:31 PM
Ehhh... I'd be flattered if someone copied my restaurant LOL.

D780
10-25-12, 07:11 PM
Unfortunately, what happenned to you is not nice at all. I have a solution :) it might be crazy and cost some gems but worth to do. what you can do is purchasing a box (or boxes) ...try to get 1st or 2nd prize, or buy TL teaser item and keep it until limited time has passed. Then quickly decorate your shop with that special item...you bet this will snap those who like to copy other shop scream out loud.,LOL
Wish you luck & get the great item in just 1st or 2nd try ;-)

NoPonyMessesWithMe
04-13-13, 08:32 AM
Theres this stalker chick who somehow adds me EVERYDAY on every story app!! I keep declining her and asking her why she keeps adding me, but she deletes it and add back. I'm glad theres a decline button.

supahmonkiee
04-13-13, 08:36 AM
Unfortunately, what happenned to you is not nice at all. I have a solution :) it might be crazy and cost some gems but worth to do. what you can do is purchasing a box (or boxes) ...try to get 1st or 2nd prize, or buy TL teaser item and keep it until limited time has passed. Then quickly decorate your shop with that special item...you bet this will snap those who like to copy other shop scream out loud.,LOL
Wish you luck & get the great item in just 1st or 2nd try ;-)

Hahaha. I like this idea!!!

:D

esse318
04-13-13, 09:23 AM
i am sorry to that u ve got into such an annoying circumstance: (
maybe u can try to decorate with some goal/limited items. or try to get sth unique from the boxes... hope that helps =]

CuteTali
04-13-13, 09:26 AM
Umm..just take it as a compliment? That someone liked so shop so much they borrowed ideas from it.

cherryberry9
04-13-13, 09:57 AM

You should be flattered.

jewels_01
05-11-13, 07:11 PM
Easy to fix dude
Buy an iTunes card
Get one of the rare gift boxes and get a special gift inside
And create a theme all your own

She won't be able to copy your store if she doesn't have enoug gems like u do
So use an iTunes card!!

TinksThots
05-11-13, 11:55 PM
She shouldn't have to spend money or gems to get a copycat off her back, how is that fair?! If it were me, I'd rearrange my place every night into the most unattractive, inefficient, upside-down, backwards, confusing, can't-even-tell-what's-really-going-on-I'm-outta-here layout I could come up with, until I drove that headache on down the road.

jewels_01
05-12-13, 07:43 AM
It's not that
It's the fact you can get a rare item
Just one or two and use it for a theme like EI a candy theme or Italian theme or a Mexican theme
The list goes on and on
And I agree spending money to get gems is not fair
But if you want to get someone off your back
You might need something RARE that this copycat does not have to put into your store
Make sense?

TinksThots
05-12-13, 09:23 AM
Make sense?

Yes. But if I were copycatting someone like that, I would just find an item, any item, of the same size, and put it in the same spot, because my purpose would be driving that person crazy, not having an exact duplicate, which is what I suspect is going on here. She needs to drive THEM crazy, not keep making it look like she's being driven crazy herself. That's what the person is going for, that's why people like that do the things they do, to get the reaction they want out of their target, and when they don't get that, or it gets turned back on them, they'll stop. ;)

nky1111
05-12-13, 09:55 AM
make it all out of 4*4 displays. Then whatever "other item" they place, the bakery will be completely different)))))))

lol I always thought these were kids using your bakery as tutorial..i'd be flattered actually xDD

CuteTali
05-12-13, 05:21 PM
Or just delete that person off your list so you don't have to see what's going on at their store.

foxysquash
05-12-13, 08:14 PM
I have "stairs" in my bakery because I love that illusion and I obviously didn't come up with that idea on my own but I did try to make it as unique as possible. Then I saw someone else in the show off your bakery thread with the same color stairs as mine and a piano in the center of them like I have and I've been paranoid that someone would think I copied from them. (I did not btw) Making an exact replica of someones bakery is ridiculous but without using box items to decorate, people are bound to have similar styles.

NoWayCupcake
05-13-13, 09:16 AM
Copying it exactly is indeed BIZARRE. I've added players before saying something along the lines of "I'd love to be your neighbor, your bakery gives me inspiration!" but I would never copy anything identically! My main attraction to this game was the design aspect, and I love when I see a bakery that has an awesome design that I never would have thought to do, myself. It's cool to see how other people's minds work you know? Individuality people! I like my bakery and it's not nearly big enough to pull of the awesome designs some players have, anyway. When I love someone's layout I'll just say that! or I'll tell them how jealous I am haha. However, there ARE some things that can tend to look the same in every bakery (ie: summer things such as the sand tiles, star fish and jelly fish hanging decor, mermaid, etc.) Some decor items just GO together so I'm sure there are bakeries that have the same look. I would just ignore this girl, if copying your layout makes her happy... good for her? She might like the attention you're giving her though. As long as you know your bakery is unique and 100% you, who cares what any other players think, you know? :p

minidemon88
05-14-13, 01:49 AM
I almost forgotten about this thread. XD Alright, back to the topic. Spending gems on boxes does help to get rid of the copycats. But I don't think this helps in a long way. How many gems can you spend to get rid of them? Unless, you don't mind spending real cash on gems daily. Which in my opinion, doesn't works for players who don't spend real money on games and why do we have to punish ourselves by spending real money or wasting our gems just to get rid of those copycats? The best way is to ignore them and delete them from your friend list. Don't post anything or provoke them on their wall, this will give them chances to visit your place again.

For those who are curious about the copycat who copied my designs previously. I guessed she have noticed the messages on my wall back then and so have redecorated her bakery. Too bad, I've long ago deleted her away from my list. Trust me, you won't be flattered if someone copied your design. It will just annoy you to the maximum.