PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the amount of energy?!

nellie_nestle
09-29-12, 09:15 PM
Hello @ level 16 I have 30 energy. My nbr is at lvl 10 with 34.

Can people post what their energy levels are? Does it make any sense that some players at lower levels have more?!?!?

nellie_nestle
09-29-12, 09:23 PM
I just read on the weekly update thread that increasing energy to 40 is a part of the updates content. That's good news! Maybe my nbr got it early and mine is still to come....but...I do have the other updates ( kitchen recipe changes etc.....)
Who knows! ��

Troubadura
09-30-12, 02:54 AM
Same here, Level 22, 30 Energy, no New Quest, but kitchen recieps changed...

MHz_
09-30-12, 03:02 AM
we're testing some things (max energy for example) and permanently changing other things (like recipes). Keep your feedback coming!

nellie_nestle
09-30-12, 08:24 AM
Thank you for the responses.

The game is great, I think it has the potential to be TeamLava #1.

Troubadura
10-02-12, 03:57 AM
I'm really unhappy with this! The New beasts need 5 Energy, and even if there comes 1 back, my Energy amount is far to small! Some of my High Level nbrs have the same Problem. Please give us the Energy! I'm still in Level 22 (will Level up soon;-)) and only 30 Energy...

MHz_
10-02-12, 07:24 AM
I'm really unhappy with this! The New beasts need 5 Energy, and even if there comes 1 back, my Energy amount is far to small! Some of my High Level nbrs have the same Problem. Please give us the Energy! I'm still in Level 22 (will Level up soon;-)) and only 30 Energy...

We rolled out an update last night that will give you a chance to get energy every time you hit a monster, and give you guaranteed energy if you **** it. Expect to see more minor changes like this as we address everyone's concerns about energy :)

Troubadura
10-02-12, 07:37 AM
And after this everyone will have the amount of Energy? Thx for the help!

Troubadura
10-02-12, 07:38 AM
I ment the same amount of Energy, Sorry...

kooky panda
10-02-12, 07:42 AM
Same here, Level 22, 30 Energy, no New Quest, but kitchen recieps changed...

I think you cap level is based on your level in the game(unless they have changed it) I finally got to a cap of 30 when I hit level 16.

MHz_
10-02-12, 07:47 AM
We have some more planned energy updates that you'll see either being tested, or rolled out to all users.

Our next major update (what I'll be referring to as 1.1) will include a change to the way energy works when you level up. I'll give more details when we're closer to the launch of that update. It's a very packed update, which I think you'll all really enjoy.

Troubadura
10-02-12, 07:58 AM
I think you cap level is based on your level in the game(unless they have changed it) I finally got to a cap of 30 when I hit level 16.

Nope, some of my nbrs are in a lower Level and more Energy then i do have...

sazilla
10-02-12, 01:08 PM
hi so just to confirm...

at the moment i am on level 9 with 33 energy
my friend is on level 9 with 23 energy

my account just randomly got picked to test with more energy? and there is no way for him to get more energy at the moment untila new update?

we are just very confused.
thanks

ivestj84
10-02-12, 04:46 PM
We have some more planned energy updates that you'll see either being tested, or rolled out to all users.

Our next major update (what I'll be referring to as 1.1) will include a change to the way energy works when you level up. I'll give more details when we're closer to the launch of that update. It's a very packed update, which I think you'll all really enjoy.
Sounds very promising, look forward to the update :)

MHz_
10-02-12, 08:32 PM
hi so just to confirm...

at the moment i am on level 9 with 33 energy
my friend is on level 9 with 23 energy

my account just randomly got picked to test with more energy? and there is no way for him to get more energy at the moment untila new update?

we are just very confused.
thanks

I'll have a more concrete answer for you likely by the end of the week. Sorry for being so vague.

Purplum
10-02-12, 08:34 PM
I hope either energy amount goes up or, preferably, the energy gain rate gets faster. So far today (I'm at level 14 with 28 energy) all I can get done is looting coins and ****ing beasts. Every time I get a few energy stored up, it's time to loot my cottages again and then a beastie pops out and there goes more energy out the window. I don't have energy for harvesting, mines, trees, plants, workshops, kitchen, mines, etc!
Having said all that, I am very much enjoying this game, I just wish the energy wasn't so frustrating.

MHz_
10-02-12, 08:36 PM
Im definitely pushing towards more energy wherever possible. Likely this will be an increased cap, but the decision on this is not final, so please be a bit more patient.

You should already see a difference when ****ing monsters.. a chance at energy when attacking, and guaranteed energy when ****ing them.

dawnlouise
10-03-12, 05:30 AM
I can understand that the idea of this game is to make money and if you want extra items I understand that buying gems makes sense, but I can't understand the limited energy. Surely wouldn't it be better to have unlimited energy to keep people playing for longer and encourage more interested in the game, therefore more likely to buy gems. Or am i the only one that won't pay for energy. At he moment I'm using my energy and turning off to play something else because without energy your limited to what you can do and I'm bored, the same with city story where you never have enough energy to clear all the coins on your buildings. I know everyone won't feel like this but just wondering if any one else does
Dawn

laVirtualCloset
10-03-12, 05:58 AM
I can understand that the idea of this game is to make money and if you want extra items I understand that buying gems makes sense, but I can't understand the limited energy. Surely wouldn't it be better to have unlimited energy to keep people playing for longer and encourage more interested in the game, therefore more likely to buy gems. Or am i the only one that won't pay for energy. At he moment I'm using my energy and turning off to play something else because without energy your limited to what you can do and I'm bored, the same with city story where you never have enough energy to clear all the coins on your buildings. I know everyone won't feel like this but just wondering if any one else does
Dawn
At the moment I too don't see myself paying for energy. I don't think u can "save" or "store" the excess above ur cap and I'm unsure if the free auto generated energy will be affected if u buy so these issues/ open questions makes energy purchases a non-starter for me.

Having said that I don't think the energy component is necessarily or exclusively a revenue issue. It seems to work as a control mechanism to slow ur pace in the game. Based on comments previously made by MHz_ it seems as if the game development is still unfolding. What I love about this game is that the funds in the journey so I'm cool with energy.

laVirtualCloset
10-03-12, 05:59 AM
"fun" not "funds"

laVirtualCloset
10-03-12, 06:00 AM
Fun is in ... Not "funds in" ...aoi

ivestj84
10-03-12, 08:02 AM
Im definitely pushing towards more energy wherever possible. Likely this will be an increased cap, but the decision on this is not final, so please be a bit more patient.

You should already see a difference when ****ing monsters.. a chance at energy when attacking, and guaranteed energy when ****ing them.
Hi MHz,

With reference to the new chance of getting guaranteed energy when ****ing monsters, I didn't seem to get any today, noticed some yesterday but there's none for today so far. Can you pls check? Thank you.

lulupet08
10-03-12, 10:47 AM
I play both on my iPhone & iPad, I'm level 8 on iPhone with 32 energy but level 11 on my iPad with only 25 energy, it's very confusing.

MHz_
10-03-12, 11:58 AM
Hi MHz,

With reference to the new chance of getting guaranteed energy when ****ing monsters, I didn't seem to get any today, noticed some yesterday but there's none for today so far. Can you pls check? Thank you.

Its possible these changes havent been fully pushed live. I'll follow up and let you guys know.

bigtail2
10-03-12, 12:10 PM
Just ****ed one and didn't get any energy, although I did yesterday.

MHz_
10-03-12, 05:29 PM
Yea, that's my fault. I had the numbers wrong.. we just pushed a quick fix.. things will function correctly now:

- On Monster Attack: a chance to earn +1 energy
- On Monster ****: either +2 (common) or +3 energy (uncommon).

bigtail2
10-03-12, 07:31 PM
Still not working for me.

MHz_
10-03-12, 07:47 PM
Still not working for me.

Force close your game, and see if the next monster that spawns gives you energy when you **** them.

ecool54
10-03-12, 08:14 PM
I am on level 7 and have 31 energy, although I don't like energy related games like City Metro and Castle.
Why? Well because the fact that you have to wait awhile to get energy back and you can do basicall NOTHING!!!!!
When I get to level 12 in Castle Story I am going to delete it and start Fashion Story again. (because I need nbrs there!)
I'm unhappy with high levels with low energy, even though I'm not in a high level yet.

(I am playing Castle Story BTW, some people are playing Dragon or Monster Story)

monaliser23
11-14-12, 07:55 AM
This must still be in the process of being rolled out, because I swear yesterday I had a max of 40 energy and woke up this morning to 30. It's fine (I guess) if you want to limit the energy cap, but then can you make things like glimmerdust not take 8 mushroom patches until you find one? It makes doing quests like Magic Ink & Pages take FOREVER. Eventually you run out of things to use your energy on, I don't understand why the limit is so low.

kooky panda
11-14-12, 08:21 AM
This must still be in the process of being rolled out, because I swear yesterday I had a max of 40 energy and woke up this morning to 30. It's fine (I guess) if you want to limit the energy cap, but then can you make things like glimmerdust not take 8 mushroom patches until you find one? It makes doing quests like Magic Ink & Pages take FOREVER. Eventually you run out of things to use your energy on, I don't understand why the limit is so low.
This is an older thread discussing updates that happened in early October.
The current thread on the recent decrease in energy is here

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39765-Why-is-my-Energy-Cap-reduced&p=453545&viewfull=1#post453545

I am going to close this thread to avoid any confusion.:)