PDA

View Full Version : Are you doing the Halloween goals?

AnnasCoffee
09-29-12, 01:16 PM
The goals are incredibly expensive (maybe un-afforable for some people). But a lot of people say they really like Halloween. Some people feel a need to complete goals, just to "get them done". Some people are okay with ignoring them. Some people may not do the goals because they arent even playing anymore.

I'm just curious. And I'm bored because my kids are being "good" and not bothering me every 5 minutes:). So I made a poll:)

bdocc
09-29-12, 01:29 PM
Yes I'm doing all the goals I missed all the ones of the world games

sweetstuff525
09-29-12, 01:56 PM
Yes I'm doing them... But not purchasing gems .. Still mad at double prices

shakiba
09-29-12, 02:00 PM
The only reason I'm STILL playing is because of the goals.

marrrina
09-29-12, 02:08 PM
I was, but changed my mind. I'm going to quote myself from another thread on why:

"I've officially just quit the goals. I did the first few but I've realized, when I should have sooner, the costs do not outweigh the benefits because of the price increase. Before the goals came out I had over 10 million coins, and now I have roughly 9.5 because I blew money on counters I don't even find attractive and are valued at more than they are worth. And of course the baking costs to complete the required recipes (many of which are 16+ hours) will just put an even bigger dent in my account. I'm just going to complete the recipes on my own time but not with the intention of completing goals, and sell back these worthless counters I wish I never bought to begin with. Goals were always my favorite part of TL games, but I guess as far as Bakery goes I'll never enjoy them again."

I could easily afford to finish them all but in general the cost of doing the goals do not outweigh the benefits.

AnnasCoffee
09-29-12, 02:21 PM
I could easily afford to finish them all but in general the cost of doing the goals do not outweigh the benefits.

This is how I feel too. I have 13M coins but I don't like the decorations and i dont feel they are worth the high cost (I don't celebrate Halloween). Even if I liked the reward, its not fun to feel ripped off. The goals cost more than they reward, in this case a LOT more.

I also haven't baked anything in the last three weeks, so I'm really not playing. I guess I'll just vote not playing.

3cala
09-29-12, 04:13 PM
I love goals but only when they are withing reason. I didn't do the world games ones either.

meggieprice
09-29-12, 06:52 PM
No, not doing the goals this time. Way too expensive in the new pricing framework. I have actually started getting bored with the game, even with the cute Halloween stuff- the price rise took the heart out of the game for me. I was still baking, trying to master stuff and see if I could still make money. I make about 100k a day now, and have earned 25 gems since the increase....but what's the point? Everything is so expensive - yeah I know I could buy gems as I have in the past but I feel manipulated into it now. I am actually surprised by my reaction as I LOVE Halloween in the story games. Not this year! I do enjoy seeing the things at my neighbors like the blood drinks- what a hoot!

meggieprice
09-29-12, 08:01 PM
I actually was pretty amused at the obvious timing of the release of this Halloween version.

gator_jen
09-29-12, 08:09 PM
I thought I would give Bakery Story Halloween a shot after giving up on my bakery... Downloaded and deleted within a few minutes. Almost every decoration is either out the wazoo expensive or, of course, costs gems. I told my kids not to even bother downloading it. They would be too disappointed. I don't remember last year's Halloween edition being so gem focused. I didn't have many gems but was able to decorate within monetary reason, I thought.

retro71
09-29-12, 08:18 PM
On my very last day of bidding farewell to my nbrs, I noticed fun new stuff arriving. But I stuck to my ***s, and closed shop.

Funny, I have impulses to check in, even though I know I'm done. (price thing)

AuntyRose32
09-29-12, 08:58 PM
I closed my doors, put away my tables and ovens when the increases hit and haven't baked since. I have continued to tip and gift my neighbours though. I love this Halloween version and decided to do the goals. Even though they are outrageously expensive and not worth the coins you have to spend. I only had roughly $5.5 million and I'm now down to under $5 million and I'm nowhere near done with the goals. I'm not sure why I'm doing them, I think it's because in the past I liked the goals so much and I feel I might aswell waste my coins on something I once enjoyed because it's pointless saving them. I don't have enough to expand, I'm not baking as I won't earn anything doing it....I guess it's my last hoorah before I'm forced out. I won't be buying gems to stay in the game. I loved buying gems when it was of my own choosing but I won't be forced into buying them. So I'll choose other, as I'm still in limbo because of the price hikes...a baker who can no longer bake!

Zetra
09-29-12, 09:04 PM
I'm doing them while decorates,I comes from a long way to here,when I reach level 80,I might jump out.

KadeeDid
09-29-12, 09:43 PM
I actually was pretty amused at the obvious timing of the release of this Halloween version.

Me too! Very interesting timing!

kieranyeow
09-29-12, 10:00 PM
I Had Been Blame Myself For Being Missed The Valentine Goals.
So I'm Not Gonna Miss It From Now On.
I'm Finish The World Game Goals.
Now The Halloween Goals 2 More Left.
Im Sure I Will Finish It :D
Also,Hope The Price Will Be Decrease,
So Everybody Can Afford The Goals,
Thats The Way That Mean'Happy Games'
TL Must Understand This :D

unosocite
09-29-12, 10:10 PM
I've finished 2 of the 'item' goals, and poof! Farewell to 2million coins

bebe256
09-29-12, 10:37 PM
Funny, I have impulses to check in, even though I know I'm done. (price thing)

I am doing 3/4 goals. I want the three decorative items, but the last one I had to stop when it required me to bake 30 Witch Hat Cookies or whatever. It was just going to take way too much time, and I didn't want to purchase more Black Magic counters (esp after purchasing two Coffin ones at 90k each AND six [or was it four?] mummy ones at some other outrageous price). Sigh. I had $6.5 mil and am now down to less than $5.5 mil, and I'm not even done with the goals yet! What I really need to do is just to stop playing for a month or so, but... Ah, so addicted I just impulsively check, like retro71! Haha

xoxjenn
09-29-12, 10:44 PM
I am not doing the goals at all. I simply can not afford to. I am only a level 39 & it is already taking me more than three weeks to get to my two million dollar expansion (& I am only half way there). It sucks, because Halloween is my favorite holiday, but I refuse to do the goals or buy any of the decorations.

yuimiko
09-30-12, 02:15 AM
I have 2 bakeries.
I have reached level 98 in my main bakery and am able to afford the expensive reequirements.
Just can't afford on my secondary one.

Dreamer691
09-30-12, 03:23 AM
I only ever stuck around (but without baking or buying) for the Halloween updates. So I'm doing the goals for the decorations cause they are quite cute, but not gonna play the game fully cause of the prices.

lola1190
09-30-12, 03:56 AM
I started them because I really enjoyed the goals I got on my Android device a while ago, but just can't afford to do them. I keep running out of enough coins even to bake. The rewards aren't really worth it

rhia1313
09-30-12, 06:44 AM
I voted "other" because I would like to do the goals, I have been saving gems for Halloween, and when I couldn't expand because of the price increases, I spent money on Halloween goals. BUT now I have all this food taking up so much room because there are not enough customers, I have no money to make my bakery larger so that I have room for more counters, so I am defeated. I may buy gems for something cute, but expansions should be able to be earned in a reasonable amount of time. I think the economy is bad in our Bakery Story World too, not enough customers thus not enough money to keep up with inflation. I am getting bored, if it weren't for good Neighbors, I would probably lose interest entirely.

artlomin
09-30-12, 07:29 AM
I haven't quit yet, but $500k plus for ugly counters that I don't need is sticking in my craw, plus having to spend a fortune on cauldron ovens that take more than a day to build, each. A goal shouldn't be too easy to achieve, but I shouldn't be spending this much time wondering if it's worth the cost.

sourlicorice5
09-30-12, 07:39 AM
I started to but then stopped. I may make an attempt to do a few if I in the mood but otherwise probably won't bother with most of them. I already blew most of my coins on the decorations I wanted. I'm s****ping trying to save for expansions. I like to redecorate and get bored if my place stays the same for to long. I'll just have to make due with the size my bakery is now. Thanks a heap TL NOT.��

I will say that they did do a great job with this Halloween version. Cute customers in costumes, great decorations but it's the prices of everything in BS that have taking one of my favourite story games and moved it to my least favourite (not saying I don't like bakery, just not my favourite anymore).

On the bright side I am now saving myself money that I would have spent on gems for some of the Halloween decorations. I refuse to buy any gems for any story games with the prices the way they are in BS. I'll happily buy gems again of TL ever come to their senses and change things back.

Too make a long story short. I'm basically not concentrating on completing goals. I want to use the coins I earn for next weeks updates. Not waste them on completing expensive goals.

sourlicorice5
09-30-12, 07:41 AM
I started to but then stopped. I may make an attempt to do a few if I in the mood but otherwise probably won't bother with most of them. I already blew most of my coins on the decorations I wanted. I'm
sc rapping trying to save for expansions. I like to redecorate and get bored if my place stays the same for to long. I'll just have to make due with the size my bakery is now. Thanks a heap TL NOT.��

I will say that they did do a great job with this Halloween version. Cute customers in costumes, great decorations but it's the prices of everything in BS that have taking one of my favourite story games and moved it to my least favourite (not saying I don't like bakery, just not my favourite anymore).

On the bright side I am now saving myself money that I would have spent on gems for some of the Halloween decorations. I refuse to buy any gems for any story games with the prices the way they are in BS. I'll happily buy gems again of TL ever come to their senses and change things back.

Too make a long story short. I'm basically not concentrating on completing goals. I want to use the coins I earn for next weeks updates. Not waste them on completing expensive goals.

Edited.......

Poetic_Soul
09-30-12, 09:38 AM
I have way to many counters out right now so don't see a reason to do the goals and have Halloween counters out all year long. Especially at those prices. I already completed the cappuccino recipe and don't want to have to make 30 more just for a goal. I just started baking after the enormous price hike just to complete the recipes. But the joy I had in the game is gone. The large price hike, the slow sales and all the other bugs is just to much.

Limaxa
09-30-12, 10:31 AM
Yes i do them.. Even if they are too expensive -.-

ladygaga1978
09-30-12, 02:19 PM
I decorated my bakery for Halloween but I am not doing the goals because you basically get nothing for completing them. I don't like the figurines, I would have done the goals if you got a really cute decoration instead of a figurine...

filochick1982
09-30-12, 03:24 PM
Yes, I'm doing them. The only thing I don't have the is Frankenstein table.

LynnStorm8
09-30-12, 05:59 PM
I do NOT understand why anybody would attempt these goals.

You're paying far too many Gems
(and coins - let's not forget how difficult it is to earn with ithe price increase)
for some substandard deco items!

420diva
09-30-12, 07:20 PM
I do NOT understand why anybody would attempt these goals.

You're paying far too many Gems
(and coins - let's not forget how difficult it is to earn with ithe price increase)
for some substandard deco items!

Awww you don't think they are adorable? I really love the True blood bottle themes and I appreciate the fact that you can complete the goals with coins(although you have to spend a lot) instead of having to spend gems. But you are right its difficult to earn coins it became obvious to me once I started the goals and depleted my savings. However Im completing the goals for the rare items.
I do plan to leave my decorations up all year long because they were so expensive lol

ashrb
09-30-12, 09:26 PM
I'm getting close to giving up on goals. I'm spending nearly $100,000 coins on just doing recipes, so I'm constantly losing money more than actually earning and the money I do earn wounds up going straight to recipes blah blah blah. Spending $360,000 coins on three counters for $1400 coins and hardly any xp as a 'reward' is a joke. Good one TL.

nmishii
09-30-12, 10:16 PM
I voted Yes. Two days ago I would have voted that I started and quit. I quit because of the outrageous cost and the multiple items I'll never use.

Then I started the goals again because I have nothing better to do with my coins. The price increase caused my last two expansions to be unattainable with coins.

Also because it doesn't appear that any of the goals require gem spending, at least in 3 of the goals. Not sure about the fourth. In the past when goals required that gems be spent, people complained that goals shouldn't require that gem items be purchased. Well, TL released goals that didn't require gem spending, and now people are complaining that the items are too expensive. Yes, they are, but they don't require gems.

cast1532
09-30-12, 10:34 PM
I voted Yes. Two days ago I would have voted that I started and quit. I quit because of the outrageous cost and the multiple items I'll never use.

Then I started the goals again because I have nothing better to do with my coins. The price increase caused my last two expansions to be unattainable with coins.

Also because it doesn't appear that any of the goals require gem spending, at least in 3 of the goals. Not sure about the fourth. In the past when goals required that gems be spent, people complained that goals shouldn't require that gem items be purchased. Well, TL released goals that didn't require gem spending, and now people are complaining that the items are too expensive. Yes, they are, but they don't require gems.

I agree with the last paragraph. TL can't win in either situation. Like I said before, I rather the goals be coin expensive than gems. We asked for goals to be coins only and TL did listen now we are complaining about how it's expensive to do them. Now I understand why TL doubled the prices and they aren't planning to change them back. I rather save real life money.

rosewaterlily
09-30-12, 11:20 PM
Just doing the Frankenstein table goals since no ugly counters need to purchased and you can bypass the expensive Halloween wallpaper with the cheap ones and have it still count towards the goal. Plus my degree in chemistry attracts me to the table of potions, even though there's no room for a huge decorative item in my tiny bakery. :P Also cooking 30 espresso for Party Time since I never got around to mastering that recipe.

rengirl1978
10-01-12, 12:22 AM
I do not like the fact that I bought mummy chairs already, before I realized it would be a goal, but it doesn't count them :-(

Bogiefurret
10-01-12, 02:43 PM
I was working on goals until the new one pop up for witches counters. I did not save up my money to deplete it for this stuff. This is crazy. I am at a level 98. I had 7,000000 in savings down to 4,000000,000 now. Really what is wrong with Team Lava? Do you want to alienate all your customers? My nbrs are closing their shops. They were 4 stars. I am amazed you don't get it. Please return to the fun game of the past.

mattyboo1
10-01-12, 03:39 PM
I am doing the goals

mounthope
10-01-12, 06:25 PM
The goals are really what keep me interested in the game. When there aren't any goals I get a little bored. However, these goals are so expensive I don't think I can complete them which is making it very frustrating and kind of boring to play.

mico3
10-01-12, 08:00 PM
I decided to do them, mainly because the game's pretty boring without some sort of goal to accomplish. I have a lot of coins now and I'm not saving to expand (I figure my bakery's big enough) so I might as well spend them on decor items. I almost stopped when I realized just how expensive it was to complete them... but I'm done 2/4 now so might as well keep going. I'm not looking forward to buying more counters I won't need, that will be stuck in my bakery far past Halloween because I have way too much food to sell...

frozendelitexD
10-03-12, 08:06 AM
No, not completing any halloween goals. getting dead bored of the game, only sticking around to complete recipes and tip/gift/visit neighbours. Have cut down on playing time severely.

soclassymom
10-03-12, 08:18 AM
I'm doing just one "Frankenstein table "

minidemon88
10-03-12, 11:15 AM
I'm still doing except the party goals. All I want was the cute decorations. =p

MomsHouseofSweets
10-06-12, 05:09 PM
I've done some of the goals ... not many tho ... I just can't bring myself to spend 71,000 on a tiny little bitty "wreath" and gain so little for doing so., so I will have goals that won't be completed.

daisoo
10-06-12, 05:15 PM
Have not and will not.

The prices are ridiculously expensive, and I haven't baked anything for weeks.

Seriously, the goals and the halloween version came in such a CONVIENT time *cough**cough*, since it appeared, it seems that it's the sole focus, taking the focus off the PRICE INCREASE.

10-06-12, 05:16 PM
I Already completed all the goals. sorta sad that there were not more goals

NeeOnn
10-07-12, 02:24 PM
I only did the coffin blood machine one :( the rest are too expensive to even finish :(

LOVEjennifer
10-08-12, 03:49 PM
I can't even download the app I have to wait until it re-releases,now I'm just trying to get more money so I'm prepared

hagalove
10-09-12, 07:29 AM
i only did the frankenstein table goal because it wasn't too expensive and seemed to be the only one actually worth getting to me. I only built 2 of each new appliance and haven't even been cooking on them. I mastered the halloween recipes on the regular oven before they are removed and stopped cooking again. I think its ridiculous that in a cooking game I have to stop cooking for a week just to make money!

angeleyes17
10-09-12, 07:42 AM
I did the goals that earn decorations, but not the one that just earned money and stars.

totaltechno
10-10-12, 02:24 PM
Did Vampire and Mummy, getting the last decoration. Then time to save for Christmas goals. :/

meowwmixx
10-11-12, 10:17 AM
Yeah I either did them all or they just disapeared on me:( where did they go??? did this only happen to me?