PDA

View Full Version : Energy is a ****er and will be the ruination of this game

mygirldaisy
09-29-12, 10:37 AM
How does someone enjoy a game that is impossible to play ?? The energy factor is a ****er!

nmid
09-30-12, 02:28 AM
Lots of ppl agree but the game developers don't.

TACB
09-30-12, 05:44 PM
It blows. Nothing more frustrating that seeing coins everywhere and it takes forever to get energy or you can't get more than 30 at a time. :( Not worth building when it takes this long to get ahead. :(

yupiyupigumgum
10-01-12, 08:32 PM
It's frustrating me too but this energy things prevent me from getting addicted to this game

princessbella99
10-01-12, 08:34 PM
It's frustrating me too but this energy things prevent me from getting addicted to this game

yes exactly!

yupiyupigumgum
10-02-12, 03:37 AM
If there's no energy limit, we will love this game so much , get so excited and won't stop playing. And we'll reach level 30 in couple of days. And that will make TL design team have to work extra hard to catch up with us . This energy limit give us time to calm down, get a real life and also give them time to come up with more creative ideas for the game....and time to rest too :-) . That's my crazy opinion. :)

nmid
10-04-12, 09:03 PM
Then it shud have an energy buffer of 6-8 hours instead of the current 1.5 hours. That's just stupid.

stm4522
10-05-12, 03:12 PM
I agree. The energy portion in this game is a pain but there are still a lot of bugs to be worked out to make this one worth the time. It takes way to long to visit nbrs especially if you write on walls. I have never had my city completely clean since I never have enough energy. This one is more trouble than it's worth. We can only hope that TL is working on the bugs while we play the more established games!

totaltechno
10-11-12, 05:30 AM
Lv 23, and I wonder why I still play.

brendanwangx10
10-11-12, 10:55 PM
It's a frustration for me when i see so many coins waiting me to collect but insufficient energys. ��

hotbeef
10-12-12, 12:29 AM
If there's no energy limit, we will love this game so much , get so excited and won't stop playing. And we'll reach level 30 in couple of days. And that will make TL design team have to work extra hard to catch up with us . This energy limit give us time to calm down, get a real life and also give them time to come up with more creative ideas for the game....and time to rest too :-) . That's my crazy opinion. :)

Your crazy opinion is dead on balls accurate... What is so hard to understand here people? With unlimited energy players would grow tired of this game in a few.

nmid
11-07-12, 04:34 PM
We...i* am not asking for unlimited ener, but rather a bigger buffer than 1.5 hours.
Can't visit 16 times a day, at the exact time spread....
Even though I did log in more than 100 times over a normal 16 hour period.

larrypoppins
11-09-12, 06:48 PM
Constantly running out of energy is one of the stupidest aspects of this game -- it's a major game design flaw, IMO. What is the purpose of this requirement? It only seems to serve to discourage me from playing the game. There's nothing to do once you've run out of energy. And as far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to be a way to increase the max energy level. As my city grows bigger, there's no way to collect all my my money and goods. It's just causing me to grow bored of this game.

howdy2you
11-09-12, 06:56 PM
I used to hated the limited energy but it's growing on me. It is not such a demanding game and the folks I play with don't demand so much and I rarely get the unhappy broken hearts on my wall. Just check in for permit request every 2 hours. Fun bunch to play with! It was rough in the beginning though.

larrypoppins
11-09-12, 07:20 PM
Is there any way to increase the max amount of energy, or is it permanently capped at 30?

howdy2you
11-09-12, 07:28 PM
Is there any way to increase the max amount of energy, or is it permanently capped at 30?

I have 18 banks and about thirty percent of the time I pick up another energy so I harvest the banks first every 8 hours. and then harvest the 4 doughnut shops. Then the sky view and department store grocery etc. I think I read that the post offices are a better value but I just like the way the banks look.

larrypoppins
11-09-12, 07:38 PM
I totally agree. In fact, I just posted a new thread on this very topic.

The energy requirement just causes you to want to stop playing the game, because there's nothing to do once you've gone through all your energy! As your city gets bigger -- it seems to remain maxed out at 30, unless I'm missing something -- and you can only collect a portion of your money at one time. If they're going to keep this function, at least let it scale with you as your city grows. I mean, what's the point of creating a lot of buildings to generate more revenue when you can't even collect it?

This might be a case where the game designers have intentionally sacrificed quality game play in an attempt to encourage users to spend more money on gems to convert to energy, and that sucks. It's a nice looking game and otherwise pretty cool, but they seriously need to consider revamping this function.

nmid
11-10-12, 03:42 PM
I click on community buildings only when my energy is less than 25 to be on the safe side.

nmid
11-10-12, 03:43 PM
Community buildings do occasionally offer you a net increase of 1 energy, when u click them.
Any building that increases ur pop cap.

kooky panda
11-10-12, 04:22 PM
merging this thread with the other thread on this same topic.