PDA

View Full Version : Adventure rip off!!!!

gertbigone
09-29-12, 10:01 AM
Search the ancient vault used to be 2 hrs but yesterday I noticed it had gone to 1 day, so as it was the only one I could do I paid the 1500 coins(which has also increased).
When I went to collect today I noticed the money I got back was a measly 500 coins!!!!!!:mad: Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience, cos if that's right it just isn't worth me bothering with the adventures:(

MHz_
09-29-12, 12:03 PM
While you may not always get your coins back, there are some awesome rewards planned for the adventures. You'll now start getting up to 5x your coins, plus other rare materials, gems, and even Energy!

maguar
09-29-12, 03:07 PM
Hi MHz_,

The change to the adventures is one of the most talked about things on my wall. General perception seems to be they are now not worth the energy expenditure.

Take Search the Ancient Vault, it takes 55 energy to create the feast. It costs $1500 and takes 1 day. Rewards have been $500 and restore 2 energy or $500 and 1 gem. So the getting the first reward makes it a really bad investment (would be better if the energy increased your max). Getting the second value depends on if you buy gems or not.

Explore the Dank Caves takes about 34-35 energy to craft, $1000 and 8 hours. That's assuming you crafted the hot sauce before it was locked by goal. Gave $500, 1 energy, earth wisp and wood beam. Wood beam doesn't take much to craft, yes earth wisps are rare but not essential and the energy is only a restoration not an increase.

So looking at strategy you can use your energy towards making money, leveling up, completing quests or you can use it on an adventure which don't seem to get you ahead in the game.

These are my suggestions for maxing it more worthwhile:

Energy increases max energy
Get more of the rare items, not just 1 or 2
If you're getting a crafted item have it be more advanced than the basic items
Get more experience

Anyway that's my 2 cents.

floramina
10-03-12, 04:44 AM
I did the Search Ancient Vault (actual completion time 22hrs) and received superglue, jewel, silver ore and 4 energy replenished. The rarity of items received is a fair return for effort vested in creating the feast for this adventure.. its an improvement from $500 coin and 2 energy received previously. I like the adventure aspect of this game!
However, I am no longer getting any earnings from the Kings Keep. What happened to $coins per eight hrs? This building cost 37,000 coins!!

maguar
10-04-12, 03:44 PM
I had another neighbour report an increase in rewards from search the ancient vault. She got 5 energy restored, 1 gem, 4 jewel, s1 silver ore, 1 wisp and 1 fancy block. Previous day she got 10 energy restored. Another neighbour thinks that her energy got fully restored from that adventure.

It's enough that I've now started it too.

hopesdragons
10-04-12, 04:39 PM
Today I got 12 energy, 1700 coins, jewels, a gem, silver, and other stuff.. It was like hitting the lottery!

MHz_
10-04-12, 06:10 PM
Today I got 12 energy, 1700 coins, jewels, a gem, silver, and other stuff.. It was like hitting the lottery!

Thats the exact intended function. Basically to act as a sort of "slot machine". Not all adventures result in a success. Sometimes you end up short. Other times you find GLORIOUS TREASURE!

maguar
10-05-12, 02:25 PM
The items from the adventure can flash by pretty quickly so it can be hard to tell what you got. Could we get a screen, saying something like "Congratulations you have successfully finished [adventure]. You are rewarded with [items]."?

MHz_
10-05-12, 04:52 PM
The items from the adventure can flash by pretty quickly so it can be hard to tell what you got. Could we get a screen, saying something like "Congratulations you have successfully finished [adventure]. You are rewarded with [items]."?

We actually have a minor change coming in the next update so that you'll see each reward come out one at a time instead of all at once. Should make things a bit more readable.

mattyboo1
10-05-12, 04:58 PM
Thats the exact intended function. Basically to act as a sort of "slot machine". Not all adventures result in a success. Sometimes you end up short. Other times you find GLORIOUS TREASURE!

How do you get adventures I can't figure it out

maguar
10-05-12, 05:05 PM
We actually have a minor change coming in the next update so that you'll see each reward come out one at a time instead of all at once. Should make things a bit more readable.

You're on the ball :)

maguar
10-05-12, 05:08 PM
How do you get adventures I can't figure it out

Build a king's or queen's keep. Click on the keep and it will show the requirements for each adventure. If you've got everything the GO button will be green. Press it to start the adventure. When the time is up there'll be an option to collect from your keep.

MHz_
10-05-12, 05:21 PM
You're on the ball :)

That's the plan. Expect a nice fun update sometime next week about all the new changes that will be going live.