PDA

View Full Version : What's your best method for making money?

vanillaheaven
09-29-12, 09:35 AM
Waaaah, I can't wait to get to that tree lady, but I need 20000 for that expansion.... And I only have 3000 right now. Soooo, I was wondering, what do other castle story players do to earn money?

For now, I'm relying on two cottages... Plus a watch tower, a lantern spire, and two farmhouses. I'd try farming, but..... That would take way too much energy, which I don't have because I play all day, so it never has time to regenerate XD

So, advice please? :)

Zetra
09-29-12, 05:32 PM
Farmhouse is easier for people who plays a lot,15 minute is enough for you to regenerates the energy,I have 3 farmhouse,combo with other Cottege,watchtower and lantern spire,I can raise my fund from 7000 coins into 28000 coins,it take patience through.

vanillaheaven
09-30-12, 12:54 AM
Farmhouse is easier for people who plays a lot,15 minute is enough for you to regenerates the energy,I have 3 farmhouse,combo with other Cottege,watchtower and lantern spire,I can raise my fund from 7000 coins into 28000 coins,it take patience through.

Yeah, patience is probably what I'm having problems with :D thanks for the advice :)

Zetra
09-30-12, 04:06 AM
And if you really lacks emergency coins,try plants LOTS OF TOMATOS,3 minute is enough quick isn't it?

laVirtualCloset
10-01-12, 06:07 PM
Be careful with the tomatoes since the time is so quick you use up a lot of energy for low $10 profit (cost $20, pays $30). The chickens are better since you get $20 coins per, doesn't cost anything, and you get eggs and sometimes roast chicken. I believe they're ready to be feed every 5 minutes. I don't feed them unless I need more inventory of eggs and roast chicken. I try to save my energy for the buildings since they yield more money. For the large amount that you need to get to 20,000 coins, its better to exercise patience and wait on the buildings unless you plan on buying energy. However, as Zebra says, if you want quick then tomatoes (and chickens) are a good way to go . . . for small deficits.

NanaCanna
10-01-12, 06:55 PM
OMG I love this game. Its awesome! I hats the energy thing but I still cant stop playing it. My problem is how do I do the tablets and telescopes goal?

hmgdanielson
10-02-12, 12:32 PM
I've found wheat to be my ideal crop - it returns more than double what you pay to plant it. I've also learned that once you max out on a resource, you get money instead. Those two things have really helped me.

laVirtualCloset
10-02-12, 12:39 PM
I've found wheat to be my ideal crop - it returns more than double what you pay to plant it. I've also learned that once you max out on a resource, you get money instead. Those two things have really helped me.

Getting money once the resource is maxed out at 99 is great info. Thanks! Didn't quite realize that.

Darkpocoyo
05-27-15, 04:27 AM
I do around 100k all day, only plant cebages and ur buildings, if want get money in a litel time plant chile but im searching for make 200k evry day, naw i need 2 billons of coins for do my goals and 2 expansion, only need money!! Add Darkpocoyo in game if want be my neighborn😀

jbfps116
05-27-15, 02:55 PM
If you're high level and have every building money is no issue.

Tetelestai72
05-27-15, 03:54 PM
I used to plant carrots to make money. What I liked about them was making a profit of $440 with one energy. The only downside is that they take a day to grow, but it could be good to supplement what you're already doing.

icastled
05-27-15, 06:58 PM
Waaaah, I can't wait to get to that tree lady, but I need 20000 for that expansion.... And I only have 3000 right now. Soooo, I was wondering, what do other castle story players do to earn money?

For now, I'm relying on two cottages... Plus a watch tower, a lantern spire, and two farmhouses. I'd try farming, but..... That would take way too much energy, which I don't have because I play all day, so it never has time to regenerate XD

So, advice please? :)

It is difficult to properly answer this question without knowing what level you are on because that determines which crops you can plant and which buildings you can build.

I would look at which crops you have available to plant and decide which gives the best return on your cost to plant it. Even if it takes several hours or a day to grow, you can be collecting from other options during that time. Just calculate how much time you need to save the energy to harvest those crops and leave the game alone during that timeframe... I know, it's hard to put it down when you have all day to play. I was there (and still am sometimes lol).

When collecting from other options, pay attention to the amount of coins you receive against the amount of energy used to collect it. Compare that to other buildings/resources that may take longer but give a better return for the time and energy. I realized that after a bit and just stored my farmhouses and cottage until I needed them for a quest/goal.

Hope this helps you figure out what works best for you. Everyone plays the game differently so what works for one person's game doesn't always work for someone else. That's why the forum is so great. We can share our different experiences and pull ideas from each other.

Good luck.

Also, here is a link to a page in the HUB talking about energy. That may help you with more energy for more collecting.
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78083-Nugget-4-Energy&p=1046155&viewfull=1#post1046155

mreames
05-28-15, 10:22 AM
I can't help but say it. ;) hopefully the original poster has enough money now to expand to Ivy since it was asked in 2012. ;) hehehe

All kidding aside, though... I'm sure the info is still good for some today. :)

icastled
05-28-15, 04:50 PM
I can't help but say it. ;) hopefully the original poster has enough money now to expand to Ivy since it was asked in 2012. ;) hehehe

All kidding aside, though... I'm sure the info is still good for some today. :)

HAHAHAHAHAHA..... I didn't even look at the date of the original post. I just saw a recent post (where someone else answered) and added my thoughts. Lesson learned, I'll look at original dates every time, lol. But I agree, the info provided can still help someone else today who may need the ideas.

What a good chuckle!! Thanks for pointing that out.

SpiritWind00
05-28-15, 05:35 PM
I'm sure you're right mreames! They are probably level 50 now! I usually look at the dates of original posts when replies are made on old threads. Missed this one... hilarious! Still, good lessons to be given to new players so I'm sure all of the wisdom of the last few days are not for nothing. :)