PDA

View Full Version : I need a strategy

hopesdragons
09-27-12, 11:37 AM
Ok, help me out. I seem to be running in circles at the moment and getting absolutely nowhere.. I have three quests to accomplish, but just can't seem to make any more progress.

A View to the North: I did the first expansion, but can't earn enough to do the next one. Why can't I earn enough? Because I'm spending my coins on rocks for...

Magnifying Matrix: I have everything except the jewels... I'm at 17/25... And I have been, despite all of my attempts (and the several Rock Outcroppings I've bought....which is why I don't have enough money for my first goal. But I have plenty of stones... I'm maxed out in my inventory on stones, have about 40 stone blocks, and a dozen fancy blocks.. I have more coal, silver, and iron than I know what to do with.. All because I'm trying to get more jewels

Second Caravan: I thought this one would be easy... I have everything... Except the furs. I only have 3/10... If the sunkipunk leaves one more rat tail I'm gonna scream! There doesn't seem to be a way to lure them other than planting crops.. Which I'm doing, but if/when they do show up, they hardly ever leave furs.

I think I need to just forget about the goals and just do my own thing. Between the energy limitations, high costs to expand and all my frustrations trying to complete these goals, I'm not sure how long I'm going to stick with it. It's a shame. I love the design, the graphics and the concept, but I can't enjoy it when I'm so frustrated.

hopesdragons
09-27-12, 11:56 AM
Hhmm, rereading that and it didn't come across the way I wanted it to...

Does anybody have any ideas on the best way to at least accomplish something at this point? Any tricks to luring the skunks or different rocks to try with a better chance at the jewels..

Maybe a better money making strategy...

MHz_
09-27-12, 12:28 PM
Crops are a great and profitable way to make money in the game. :) We'll be looking at quest progression for blocking points like this in the coming days. I'll try to update you all if we make changes.

Purplum
09-27-12, 01:20 PM
I'm pretty much in the same spot you are, except I did just finish my expansion to the North. I put the Magnifying Matrix on the back burner, & concentrated on getting the coin for the expansion. I'm going to let the skunkupines come as they will and not worry about them, lol. I think you can also get jewels by fishing btw (I think!), so I make sure to fish when those are up. Basicly, I'm concentrating on money - but making sure I fish & loot the mine whenever possible for silver & jewels. Oh! And you'll need those rat tails for the tree girl's quest, so be happy you're getting them! :)

maguar
09-27-12, 03:36 PM
Don't buy the rock outcroppings for mining. Buy the mines. Yeah it takes 4 hours to get something but they give you multiple stone plus the chance for another item or two. It might take you a little longer to clear the goal but you'll save a lot of money. One mine costs a little more than two rock outcroppings but lasts forever.

I'd also suggest getting a sawmill as it gives multple wood with a chance at another item or two.

Highest $/hour is your farmhouses if you've got the emery for them.

Haven't seen jewels from fishing, only water, fish and mermaid scales. It's mining for jewels.

MHz_
09-27-12, 03:46 PM
We'll be rolling out some changes to make completing the matrix quest a bit easier.. I'll notify you all when its live. No ETA though, but it's on the list. :)

hopesdragons
09-27-12, 03:57 PM
Don't buy the rock outcroppings for mining. Buy the mines. Yeah it takes 4 hours to get something but they give you multiple stone plus the chance for another item or two. It might take you a little longer to clear the goal but you'll save a lot of money. One mine costs a little more than two rock outcroppings but lasts forever.

I'd also suggest getting a sawmill as it gives multple wood with a chance at another item or two.

Highest $/hour is your farmhouses if you've got the emery for them.

Haven't seen jewels from fishing, only water, fish and mermaid scales. It's mining for jewels.

I do have a mine.. I tried to get a second one, but it wouldn't let me.. I just leveled up though, so I should try again.

hopesdragons
09-27-12, 03:59 PM
We'll be rolling out some changes to make completing the matrix quest a bit easier.. I'll notify you all when its live. No ETA though, but it's on the list. :)

I'm guessing it will go live 20 minutes after I complete it <grin>. That's always my luck.

Jane84
09-28-12, 01:12 AM
It's the 2nd caravan task I am having problems with .I can't get the skunpunk furs. The skunkpunk just not showing up no matter how many times I plant or harvest crops . I havn't seen any in two days

hopesdragons
09-29-12, 12:18 PM
Thank you for dropping the jewel requirement for the Magnifying Matrix to 20. I was able to get that one finished this morning.

Yesterday I was able to expand to Ivy.

I'm still working at getting those stupid furs though.. 2 more to go. I already completed the goal that required rat tails and I still have a ton of them.

hopesdragons
09-29-12, 07:03 PM
Dear skunkupine gods, I've been a good girl this year... Please send me one skunkupine fur and I pinky swear I won't ask for anything else for at least 48 hours....

laVirtualCloset
10-02-12, 06:10 AM
The gifts were updated so you can now gift the furs! This will help tremendously

chillnout1
10-02-12, 02:33 PM
Great!

laVirtualCloset
10-02-12, 04:04 PM
I was able to finish it today because of the gifts. Thanks dear nbrs!

09-19-13, 12:05 PM
What is the difference between rocks and stones? Where do I get the most rocks? I have more stones that I can hold.

MiniLaura
09-19-13, 02:03 PM
What is the difference between rocks and stones? Where do I get the most rocks? I have more stones that I can hold.

You buy rocks in the market (small rock pile, rock outcropping, iron-rice rock), and you smash them up to get stones, iron, coal, jewels, and sometimes gold nuggets. You can also get these resources from the sparkling mine and the deep mine.