PDA

View Full Version : At what point is it time to give up

2cool4zoo
09-27-12, 04:56 AM
When i reached Level 25 i decided it was time i had a Diamond....... all i did was work on breeding pairs on th hope of a diamond egg. New dragons arrived in the game which was all diamond based so my thoughts that maybe they would lesser the dificulty/luck of the diamond but no i'm now at levl 51 and not one diamond egg. for the last gawd knows i have sat waiting for eagle eggs and all sorts to finish so i could try again with new breeders. Nope.

So after 26 levels of not gtting anything new or exciting with breeding only with combinations of the 4 elements do i call it quits on this game and give up. It is becoming rather tedious and boring now.

peetjepower
09-27-12, 05:43 AM
But don't you get any fun out of the dramaticly raised prices???
I am sooo happy to be able to buy expansion but not being able to clear it ;p

chewytwix
09-27-12, 07:31 AM
me too! I love saving coins for a week so I can clear a tree :) makes so much sense!

2cool4zoo
09-27-12, 08:12 AM
not much sense in clearing much more space when i cant have anymore habitats to put in the space ive created right now.

bahamamama12
09-27-12, 08:24 AM
When i reached Level 25 i decided it was time i had a Diamond....... all i did was work on breeding pairs on th hope of a diamond egg. New dragons arrived in the game which was all diamond based so my thoughts that maybe they would lesser the dificulty/luck of the diamond but no i'm now at levl 51 and not one diamond egg. for the last gawd knows i have sat waiting for eagle eggs and all sorts to finish so i could try again with new breeders. Nope.

So after 26 levels of not gtting anything new or exciting with breeding only with combinations of the 4 elements do i call it quits on this game and give up. It is becoming rather tedious and boring now.

I feel the same way. 300 tries, 2.5 months without ever trying something else then the diamond and level 48, still nothing. I didn't even try for the new ones because I thought that now that everyone else is trying for the new ones, I would have a better chance of getting it. I don't think that it is possible to get one for every device. Maybe the time to give up is when I'm at level 63...

mattyturz
09-27-12, 08:29 AM
It's funny how bad the customer service is at TeamLava...you know they read all of our posts but never comment on them at all.

mattyturz
09-27-12, 08:29 AM
Like at least explain why it costs 800000 to clear a tree!

2cool4zoo
09-27-12, 08:35 AM
oh guess what there i am waiting for 20 hours for a egg on my nest i dont want to hatch while two more dragons on the breeding den with a 10 hour time get it on for another egg i wont want before i can try again for the gawd knows how many attempt. It's great teamlava keep inventing new dimond hybrid dragons that i wont ever get until i get a bloody diamond dragon.

ok i agree level 63 is also going to be my final lvel if no diamond by then. only still play it coz im also playing the other games and yes before you ask i dont have a pegasus in monster story either after level 38 so thats going down the same root as dragon S

LUCASYAU
09-27-12, 08:46 AM
I hear you, buddy. Started my quest for a Diamond when I was at a young age of level 30. I'm at level 48 now, and possibly more than 60 attempts under my belt. Idk, I lost count after 40. :/

Only time will tell if I manage to score a Diamond before I finally give up on this once extremely fun game...

tonguelashing
09-27-12, 08:51 AM
I wonder if anyone on Android has a diamond or if it's another iOS only feature :-(

rionkimchi
09-27-12, 08:58 AM
I couldn't agree more. 800,000 to clear one tree? A month or more of trying to beat the odds to get one dragon? Give us a break. This game is fun until about level 20 - 30 or so, then you've either been really lucky, or you spent a lot of real $ on "gold", or you give up due to the tedium and frustration.

Martin323
09-27-12, 01:19 PM
It's ultra rare guys... not everyone has enough luck to breed one... Let's say the chance is 1% out of any combination of 4 elements. Every time you breed them the chance is the same. The game doesn't distinguish if it's your first try or you've tried dozens of times already. Someone might have the luck and get one on their first attempt (indeed I saw my neighbour getting one at lvl 15) others can breed hundreds of times without luck. It's just a coincidence.
Maybe it's time for you to stop focusing on the diamond dragon and breeding other dragons and maybe you will have the luck with a combination you would never expect to work.

mickeyrucker
09-27-12, 02:34 PM
I wonder if anyone on Android has a diamond or if it's another iOS only feature :-(

I have wondered the same and actually posted a comment on my wall in both DS & MS, not one response yet for any android user having a diamond. I finally decided to post the question here on the forum. It's been on my mind long enough and although there are iOS folks w/no diamond, at least I know it's possible. I now would like to know if it's possible for other devices.

draginraiser
09-27-12, 02:36 PM
Been trying 3+ months. Level 61. Now except for the diamond and it's hybrids I need only aether honey bee and mermaid. Keep trying I spose :) I have almost given up numerous times but eh, my dragons mean too much

Wooly
09-27-12, 05:04 PM
It's ultra rare guys... not everyone has enough luck to breed one... Let's say the chance is 1% out of any combination of 4 elements. Every time you breed them the chance is the same. The game doesn't distinguish if it's your first try or you've tried dozens of times already. Someone might have the luck and get one on their first attempt (indeed I saw my neighbour getting one at lvl 15) others can breed hundreds of times without luck. It's just a coincidence.
Maybe it's time for you to stop focusing on the diamond dragon and breeding other dragons and maybe you will have the luck with a combination you would never expect to work.
I agree, but I also think tying arguably their most desired content to a 1% random number generator is lazy game design. It?s as if TeamLava?s approach is to frustrate their players into buying gold (or quitting).

Many people clearly want a Diamond Dragon above all else, and they?re frustrated that they have no way to make concrete progress toward that goal. As you stated, they can try for months and come up empty. Even spending hundreds of dollars on gold to speed up breeding guarantees nothing. It?s all a big gamble.

A more thoughtful, customer-friendly game design would involve some mechanism whereby players could make consistent progress toward whatever goal they choose, and not rely entirely on luck. Perhaps a way to gather materials that would be used to build structures that enhanced the chance of obtaining an ultra rare dragon. If you worked at it long enough, building more & more structures to enhance your chances, it would eventually become a virtual certainty that you?d get your ultra rare (boost could be reset once you breed your ultra rare).

They could still design this process of building up boost structures to take months, so the game wasn't flooded with ultra rares, but at least with a mechanism like this, players would feel like they?re getting closer to their goal each time they play.

2cool4zoo
09-27-12, 11:41 PM

I also understand this and accept that the diamond was ultra rare but they have based all the new dragons on the fact you need a diamond dragon in the first place to b able to breed them. therefore anyone who has bred all dragons apart from a diamond has nothing left to play for other than hope a diamond arives but a 1% chance of being able to continue a game sems a bit crazy. When you're a little fed up of a gam and then you know you have to wait 20+ hours bfore you can try again its not long before you dont bother logging on.

gfab2000
09-27-12, 11:54 PM
Well, I am lv 63, with no diamond, and I have yet to give up. I started playing in July, so it hasn't been that long, but still, there are lots of other dragons to breed. I have almost every other dragon except the diamonds. You just have to keep on keeping on.

MummyBear69
09-28-12, 12:57 AM
i have an iphone4 and am unable to breed/hatch a diamond dragon in this or Monster Story i am Level 39 in Dragon Story: New Dawn and level 24 in Monster Story

carijonas
09-28-12, 01:58 AM
I'm glad I didn't give up ! I'm at level 55 and I am hatching my first diamond... i have two games I play and on the other game im level 57 and I thought I would never get a diamond... I know if I can get one anyone can get one !

Isla03
09-28-12, 11:34 AM
Hear hear to all the above comments. As I said on a different thread I'm on lvl 55 and still trying breed a diamond dragon.This had the potential to be a brilliant game,imo it is now ruined,just one ultra dragon would have been something to cheer about.

Isla03
09-28-12, 11:37 AM
I'm glad I didn't give up ! I'm at level 55 and I am hatching my first diamond... i have two games I play and on the other game im level 57 and I thought I would never get a diamond... I know if I can get one anyone can get one !

Congrats to you carljonas. I would even be happy to breed my first forestfire or aether or mermaid!

Martin323
09-28-12, 01:28 PM
I also understand this and accept that the diamond was ultra rare but they have based all the new dragons on the fact you need a diamond dragon in the first place to b able to breed them. therefore anyone who has bred all dragons apart from a diamond has nothing left to play for other than hope a diamond arives but a 1% chance of being able to continue a game sems a bit crazy. When you're a little fed up of a gam and then you know you have to wait 20+ hours bfore you can try again its not long before you dont bother logging on.

I agree, but I also think tying arguably their most desired content to a 1% random number generator is lazy game design. It?s as if TeamLava?s approach is to frustrate their players into buying gold (or quitting).

Many people clearly want a Diamond Dragon above all else, and they?re frustrated that they have no way to make concrete progress toward that goal. As you stated, they can try for months and come up empty. Even spending hundreds of dollars on gold to speed up breeding guarantees nothing. It?s all a big gamble.

A more thoughtful, customer-friendly game design would involve some mechanism whereby players could make consistent progress toward whatever goal they choose, and not rely entirely on luck. Perhaps a way to gather materials that would be used to build structures that enhanced the chance of obtaining an ultra rare dragon. If you worked at it long enough, building more & more structures to enhance your chances, it would eventually become a virtual certainty that you?d get your ultra rare (boost could be reset once you breed your ultra rare).

They could still design this process of building up boost structures to take months, so the game wasn't flooded with ultra rares, but at least with a mechanism like this, players would feel like they?re getting closer to their goal each time they play.

That's one way to go. Another possibility would be to increase the chance of obtaining the DD depending on your level. I mean, someone on lvl 20 trying for a diamond would have a chance close to zero. A player on lvl 50 trying for a diamond would however have a chance of let's say 20%. That would be fair in my opinion. And also would avoid the problem of people starting to breed for the DD at level 20 and doing nothing else for weeks. It was the same with me - I've tried for the DD for the first time around level 15 and was focusing only on that until I got one at lvl 34. I mean, if I knew, the chance to be 1:1000 at level 20 but 1:5 at level 50 I would probably do everything possible to increase my chance = level and in the meantime breed for other dragons.

sweetstuff525
09-28-12, 01:42 PM
Level 55 and NO diamond pathetic right lol... Oh well at least I'm not spending real money

chewytwix
09-28-12, 01:52 PM
sweetstuff, i'm catching up to you =) lvl 44 and no diamond. after seeing these light dragons though, i might just quit cause its too discouraging

sweetstuff525
09-28-12, 01:55 PM
sweetstuff, i'm catching up to you =) lvl 44 and no diamond. after seeing these light dragons though, i might just quit cause its too discouraging

Lol yeah it's discouraging... The light dragons I got all the commons ones and one rare ... Still need more but... I w

sweetstuff525
09-28-12, 01:56 PM
Lol yeah it's discouraging... The light dragons I got all the commons ones and one rare ... Still need more but... I w

.. I would be more mad if I actually spent money and still had no diamond

AkumaNeko
09-28-12, 02:14 PM
Lvl 52 here (iPhone) and lvl 47 on iPad and no diamonds on both. :(

shompy
09-28-12, 03:32 PM
I reached lvl 63 before the last update... No diamond.
Im quitting...

Aristodeme
09-28-12, 04:06 PM
I'm also very close to lvl 63 and I understand the frustration but I have yet to give up. You can't really expect to get a Diamond before you hit lvl 63, it's just a level. =P

totaltechno
09-28-12, 06:15 PM
I'm going to start my quest soon, I'm lv 15, once I evolve my Island so I can breed it with my Firestorm. Or Mist/Life.

didiljar
09-28-12, 06:45 PM
I'm level 63 and still no diamond...at least give us some face,I love all my dragons cause the hard works we breed them,we gave them fruits till they in a epic form..don worry my friends,lets don give up so easily,GO FOR DIAMOND!
If u wanna add me just add me and be my wonderful neighbour just add me at "Didiljar"
Update me on my wall if you breed a diamond.cheers(:

didiljar
09-28-12, 06:48 PM
...and I will not breed again the new diamond breed till I got a diamond dragon..
To me diamond dragon is still the most handsome dragon among the new dragon(:

phoenixmap
09-28-12, 08:54 PM
i don't even get diamond i'm 63 now. so everything seem to be worst either

purplegem611
09-28-12, 09:52 PM
It took me forever too!! About a million times!! LoL... I used firestorm 10 and island 8. I just kept that combo going till I got my diamond!! Yes it was frustrating at times! Many fruitfuls and corals, but some really good rares in there too! That combo can breed almost all the dragons!

Voodoo87
03-30-13, 07:37 PM
my daughter has an android and got a dimond at lvl 28. dont remeber what she breed to get it.

NouraMoh
03-31-13, 05:26 AM
Never ever give up !!!
It's soooooo worth the time and effort, trust me :)
Have you tried my combo ?!
I gave it to all my neighbours and most of them got diamonds within a few tries

I use Mirage/Night or Mirage/Virtue
I keep saying Mirage works ppl :)

cedkugedchgd
03-31-13, 05:27 AM
Never ever give up !!!
It's soooooo worth the time and effort, trust me :)
Have you tried my combo ?!
I gave it to all my neighbours and most of them got diamonds within a few tries

I use Mirage/Night or Mirage/Virtue
I keep saying Mirage works ppl :)

wuhuu, got mine with mirage and virtue as well :)

Baraze
03-31-13, 05:29 AM
Mirage is a good one. Got my third diamond with it.

Delforce
03-31-13, 06:31 AM
Never never never give up, lol :D

sayake
03-31-13, 06:42 AM
I'm at lvl 74 now. Still no diamond. Have been trying for so long now. The timer has run out for the Elf dragon (as I said in my other topic) So I guess I can try for the stupid diamond again.

NouraMoh
03-31-13, 06:43 AM
Woohoo !!!!
Mirage rocks :)

DragonTan1
03-31-13, 03:44 PM
Woohoo !!!!
Mirage rocks :)

I thought I'd try Mirage and Tiny.. I got Fuzzy, Winter, Love & Chocolate. I didn't have any of these before, no Diamond but 4 new dragons. :)

drevo77
03-31-13, 04:21 PM
Time to give up??? Never! lol

DragonTan1
03-31-13, 04:32 PM
Time to give up??? Never! lol

Or when the timer runs out for the limted dragons!! lol

hamadrys
03-31-13, 05:05 PM
Or when the timer runs out for the limted dragons!! lol

That sums it up perfectly !!!