PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble placing items on surface

xoxoBabyGirl
09-27-12, 04:47 AM
I've been trying to place the purple flower vase on a dresser & small glass desk, it doesn't seem to place it when its in the room. However, when the dresser or desk is in the non-expanded area (the green grass area) it works just fine but when I move the whole item, only the dresser/desk moves leaving the vase behind. Any ideas on this?

Also, the small end table for the living room (24 gems), can that hold an item? Say a teacup?

marrrina
09-27-12, 05:39 AM
Zoom in a lot. The table/counter/etc, you want to place the item on should have a green highlight around it once the item you are placing is on top of it. Keep in mind some things cannot be placed on surfaces, which is kinda lame!

queentina3
09-27-12, 05:41 AM
Also to follow up on what marrina said, when you go to move the whole item after you've placed your decor on top, click the bottom of the item and not near the top and the whole thing should move for you.

PenguinFlop
09-27-12, 04:35 PM
Sorry to hear that you are having issues with these items. Can you please give me a list of the exact item names, and combinations you are trying so I can investigate this further for you?

kaantong
09-28-12, 01:55 AM
I also have this problem. Ive been trying to put the blue phone on a glass surface table. Still can't. But after thousands attempts i could finally put the fruit bowl on dinner table.

xoxoBabyGirl
09-28-12, 03:44 AM
Zoom in a lot. The table/counter/etc, you want to place the item on should have a green highlight around it once the item you are placing is on top of it. Keep in mind some things cannot be placed on surfaces, which is kinda lame!

Also to follow up on what marrina said, when you go to move the whole item after you've placed your decor on top, click the bottom of the item and not near the top and the whole thing should move for you.

Thanks for the tip guys! Unfortunately zooming in doesn't work and moving the unit from the bottom didn't help in this case.

xoxoBabyGirl
09-28-12, 03:53 AM
Sorry to hear that you are having issues with these items. Can you please give me a list of the exact item names, and combinations you are trying so I can investigate this further for you?

I tried placing the elegant vase on the ovalex table and it only worked on the un-expanded area, not in any of the constructed rooms. The same thing happened with the laptop & the ovalex table. Also, I was able to place the vase on the dress me now dresser in the green grass area too but I'm not even sure if that's suppose to happen at all.

Combinations:
ovalex table & elegant vase
ovalex table & laptop
elegant vase & "dress me now" dresser

Thanks so much :)

Aileen_
09-28-12, 10:23 AM
I know- I can't put the decor on the table. I've tried to do so many times and the objects magically land on the floor instead of the actual table (and yes, I've made sure that I'm aligning it correctly). Why does this happen? It would be nice if we could place the items on more locations though like the elegant table (too thin to hold anything... wish I knew this before I spent my precious gems), and the fireplace. Can you guys reformat the game so we can align the items wherever we want on the furniture instead of having to place it accordingly to the locations marked green?

AnnasCoffee
09-28-12, 10:33 AM
TIP - When I'm having trouble placing an object on a dresser/counter here is what I do... Move the dresser/counter up against an EXTERIOR wall (wall that you can put wallpaper on). Then place the object on top of the dresser/counter... This way the object CAN'T go on the floor behind the dresser/counter.

Penguin Flop - the list would be too long. This happens with all my accessories and counters/dressers.

FIREPLACE - I completely agree with Aileen (and other who have posted in other threads about the fireplace). It is so disappointing that a gem item can't have objects placed on top of it. What is REALLY disappointing is ... the pictures of the game in the App Store show the fireplace with two objects on top of it!

xoxoBabyGirl
10-01-12, 06:14 AM
I tried placing the elegant vase on the ovalex table and it only worked on the un-expanded area, not in any of the constructed rooms. The same thing happened with the laptop & the ovalex table. Also, I was able to place the vase on the dress me now dresser in the green grass area too but I'm not even sure if that's suppose to happen at all.

Combinations:
ovalex table & elegant vase
ovalex table & laptop
elegant vase & "dress me now" dresser

Thanks so much :)

Just wondering if this matter is being looked into :) I have seen at other homes that the ovalex table is able to have an item placed on it. I'm just wondering why I'm having problems with it?

MooreHouse
10-01-12, 12:00 PM
I have this problem whenever I try to place ANYTHING onto ANYTHING. I have to zoom way in and then move my finger around and around and around forEVER in a circle over the item I want to place on, and HOPE that it will turn to the green highlight. Very annoying.

420diva
10-01-12, 03:28 PM
I can't place items on my ovalex table either

PenguinFlop
10-01-12, 05:17 PM
It appears that the table and dresser are not designed to hold other items. The size of the of the table, and dresser are too small.

xoxoBabyGirl
10-02-12, 01:22 AM
It appears that the table and dresser are not designed to hold other items. The size of the of the table, and dresser are too small.

Thanks for looking into this! Did the design for the ovalex table change? Because I've the table with an item on it at other homes.

xoxoBabyGirl
10-02-12, 01:23 AM
Sorry that was meant to say that I have seen the ovalex table with an item at some homes.

xoxoBabyGirl
10-02-12, 03:38 AM
Sorry that was meant to say that I have seen the ovalex table with an item at some homes.

Never mind, I think I'm thinking of another item. Thanks again for looking into this :)

PS: Wish there was an edit button so no need for multiple posts!

msmarge567
10-04-12, 02:10 PM
I know- I can't put the decor on the table. I've tried to do so many times and the objects magically land on the floor instead of the actual table (and yes, I've made sure that I'm aligning it correctly). Why does this happen? It would be nice if we could place the items on more locations though like the elegant table (too thin to hold anything... wish I knew this before I spent my precious gems), and the fireplace. Can you guys reformat the game so we can align the items wherever we want on the furniture instead of having to place it accordingly to the locations marked green?

What's crazy with the fireplace is gems to get it, and the mantle clock also for gems and can't place it on the mantle!

AnnasCoffee
10-04-12, 02:24 PM
What's crazy with the fireplace is gems to get it, and the mantle clock also for gems and can't place it on the mantle!

Penquin Flop and Cuddly Dragon have been responding to posts in Home Design. I've even seen them fix two errors this week ! (that's gotta be a record for TL :))

Maybe one of them (or someone) can comment about the fireplace? Why does the picture in the app store show that we can place items on the fireplace, but when we buy it (for GEMS) we can't put items on it?

AnnasCoffee
10-04-12, 02:26 PM
Why does the picture in the app store show that we can place items on the fireplace, but when we buy it (for GEMS) we can't put items on it?

Is that false advertising ? Maybe the pic in the app store should be taken down?

berklet
10-06-12, 02:57 AM
One of my room will not move and its soooooo frustrating. I've no problem with all my other rooms.

kooky panda
10-06-12, 07:29 AM
One of my room will not move and its soooooo frustrating. I've no problem with all my other rooms.Are you trying to move the main room with the front door in it?
If so , this room cannot be moved or stored.

berklet
10-10-12, 04:15 PM
I'm having problems with teacups and candlesticks not staying on raised surfaces I think if they mature on the floor they will not go on a raised surface. Please help with this problem as it is very frustrating

berklet
10-10-12, 04:17 PM
No not the main room. I finally got the room to move.

kooky panda
10-10-12, 04:22 PM
I'm having problems with teacups and candlesticks not staying on raised surfaces I think if they mature on the floor they will not go on a raised surface. Please help with this problem as it is very frustrating
If you placed on the floor first it may not go to the table. Store the item, then when you take it out, put it directly on the table.

berklet
10-12-12, 06:22 PM
I'm having problems with placing a teacup on a table. The teapot did place and it matured on top of
a surface, however the teacup matured on the floor and will not stay on any surface other than the floor. Same thing happened with two candlesticks one matured on a table and will stay and the other matured on the floor and will not place on a high surface. It's soooooo frustrating.

kooky panda
10-12-12, 06:48 PM
I'm having problems with placing a teacup on a table. The teapot did place and it matured on top of
a surface, however the teacup matured on the floor and will not stay on any surface other than the floor. Same thing happened with two candlesticks one matured on a table and will stay and the other matured on the floor and will not place on a high surface. It's soooooo frustrating.
Try storing them, then make sure when placing you do not put them on the floor first, then try to drag them up to the table.