PDA

View Full Version : NORMAN Why no updates after Level 50????

Unregistered
11-25-10, 09:15 PM
Norman, what is the point of continuing after level 50? We can't enlarge the city, there is nothing to do except to take everything we've built and totally rearrange it. I don't want to do this, I like it the way it is, but I want to continue building. If the game goes to 80 levels, why can't we expand? What are we supposed to do at Level 55 with no expansions???? Please answer!!!

Unregistered
11-26-10, 03:22 AM
The game can't continue forever. Once you've reached your own personal goal, that's it.

chvchv & chvchv2
11-26-10, 11:57 AM
The game can't continue forever. Once you've reached your own personal goal, that's it.

My personal goal is to fill the whole place up with Empire State Buildings.

On a 24x24 grid I can place (24x24/4) 144 ESBs. It takes two weeks to accumulate the coins for one ESB. So I'll reach me goal in 288 weeks, or roundabout 5.5 years.

:-)

Unregistered
11-26-10, 12:22 PM

Original Poster here.....well, that was helpful. (Not!) The game has 80 levels. Why 80 levels if you can't expand beyond 50? That is my question. I was asking Norman for an answer. You are free to comment of course, but you might try actually reading and understanding the post. The game ends at 80 levels....expansions should end then too.

Unregistered
11-26-10, 01:23 PM
Original Poster here.....well, that was helpful. (Not!) The game has 80 levels. Why 80 levels if you can't expand beyond 50? That is my question. I was asking Norman for an answer. You are free to comment of course, but you might try actually reading and understanding the post. The game ends at 80 levels....expansions should end then too.

Since when did it go from 75 levels to 80 levels?

Unregistered
11-26-10, 02:01 PM

I agree with that, I'm on level 60 and I'm boring now.... I'm sad because I like this game so much !

Unregistered
11-27-10, 05:33 AM

Been like that for quite awhile now.

Unregistered
11-27-10, 05:49 AM

So I checked facebook. Seems the developers are three people. If that's true, the team is basically comprised of three, with perhaps some support staff, then I think everyone should just calm down. These guys are probably working harder every day than most of us on these forums, fixing bugs while trying to do some enhancements. Think some patience is in order.

I hope they don't read the forums directly ( which is prob why they have Norman) because all the negativity would b very discouraging and I know I'd feel like packing it all in. Some b.s. Just ain't worth any amount of money...

The games are great and I'm looking forward to enhancements too. I'm top levels in farm and city. And still finding games enjoyable and relaxing. Let's give them a break ok. And it is a holiday weekend after all for the USA. 3 ppl are hopefully taking a well deserved break before launching the Christmas line up....which will make me very happy

Unregistered
11-27-10, 07:52 AM
Don't get your hopes up. Christmas line up may never come.
Maybe they'll just do the easy way.. 10% discount.

Unregistered
11-27-10, 11:10 AM
So I checked facebook. Seems the developers are three people. If that's true, the team is basically comprised of three, with perhaps some support staff, then I think everyone should just calm down. These guys are probably working harder every day than most of us on these forums, fixing bugs while trying to do some enhancements. Think some patience is in order.

I hope they don't read the forums directly ( which is prob why they have Norman) because all the negativity would b very discouraging and I know I'd feel like packing it all in. Some b.s. Just ain't worth any amount of money...

The games are great and I'm looking forward to enhancements too. I'm top levels in farm and city. And still finding games enjoyable and relaxing. Let's give them a break ok. And it is a holiday weekend after all for the USA. 3 ppl are hopefully taking a well deserved break before launching the Christmas line up....which will make me very happy

Well, I'm glad you checked on FB, because I can't find any info on how many ppl are in this company. They promised from the get go that there would be weekly updates...in ALL their games. So far, they have over promised and underdelivered on all their games. And why keep making new games when you can't fulfill the promises you made for the early ones? This smacks of greed, not overwork. While I'm sure they are working very hard, the question is "at what?". Trying to get that dog of a game RS to work properly? And why launch Empire Story when there are no new buildings for months in CS? I would like some answers from NORMAN on this.

Supervolcano
11-27-10, 03:02 PM

Uhhh, incorrect.

There's currently only 75 levels for City Story (and I suspect the same in the rest of teamlava's games as well).

It takes 431,600 experience to reach level 75 in each of the 4 teamlava games.
I currently have 643,169 experience in City Story and I'm still at level 75.

Supervolcano
11-27-10, 03:22 PM
Uhhh, incorrect.

There's currently only 75 levels for City Story (and I suspect the same in the rest of teamlava's games as well).

And before anyone else tries to tell me I'm wrong, yes I'm well aware there is at least 1 person at level 76.

You need 368,600 Total Experience to reach Level 70.
You need 380,800 Total Experience to reach Level 71.
You need 393,200 Total Experience to reach Level 72.
You need 405,800 Total Experience to reach Level 73.
You need 418,600 Total Experience to reach Level 74.
You need 431,600 Total Experience to reach Level 75.
You need 10,000,000 Total Experience to reach Level 76.

Level 76 wasn't meant to be obtained yet.

Anyone who got there either *****ed the system somehow or spent a BUTTLOAD of real cash (either of which pretty much defeats the purpose of the game).

Unregistered
11-28-10, 12:26 AM
Uhhh, incorrect.

The fact that there's a few people at 76 means it goes that high. They may not have gotten there in a legit way, but 76 exists.

For the game to end, it means no other experience would be necessary...not the case when you're 75.

Unregistered
11-28-10, 11:15 AM
Once you got to 24 by 24... that is the maximum size for now.

If you put 100 NY town houses on it, good for you -- but it would not be a nice looking place.

If you put in an 8 hours day to play the game, then you should have over 1 million population.. No surprise there.

What I like are the cities that have nice roads, green space, creative design and other decorations.
I will take those over any others.. regardless of level &/or populations.

Signed,
A fellow city builder
If you have to know ...
At Level 75 for 3 weeks, over half a millions XP and a low pop. < 200K
and quite happy at that 

Supervolcano
11-29-10, 08:30 PM
I can't speculate on when future updates will be, but our development is always hard at work to improve our games. I thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Hard at work improving your current games?
Or hard at work designing new games?

Those are two very different things, Norman.

Unregistered
11-29-10, 09:19 PM

I am shocked! You have been so gentlemanly and helpful to all. It must be bad if their most avid fan starts to show a little possible sarcasm!!!!

Unregistered
11-29-10, 10:01 PM
Supervolcano is full of ****. Just a kid like all the other babies on this forum. Enjoy the **** game and be happy.

Unregistered
11-29-10, 11:18 PM
I can't speculate on when future updates will be, but our development is always hard at work to improve our games. I thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Right now, as the other players have suggested, you can set goals or think of creative designs to do with your city. You can then share your design with others in the City of the Week contest each week and maybe win some City Cash while you're at it. :cool:

Norman, thank you for answering my question, such as it was. It would be nice if the devs would share some information with you about their plans. I'm sure you are doing your best, but a lot of this could be alleviated if the devs would answer some of our concerns/wishes and follow up on them.

Unregistered
12-01-10, 10:00 AM
Supervolcano is full of ****. Just a kid like all the other babies on this forum. Enjoy the **** game and be happy.

Who **** in your Wheaties today?

Unregistered
12-05-10, 09:27 AM

As Supervolcano noticed... and I also posted on another thread...

Bakery Story just rolled out... another bull**** story...

As far as updates go; there were NONE - I don't count the purchased cases as an update.

But TL are always on schedule and in time ... for their new game roll out.
So expect an story game in a few weeks 

Unregistered
12-05-10, 10:32 PM

You think they actually work on new games? Haven't you seen bakery story? It's a straight up copy paste.