PDA

View Full Version : Hallways?

vicki369
09-25-12, 07:51 PM
I wish there were hallways, what house doesn't have hallways? Is it possible to make them if you don't butt the rooms up together?

Teamlava come up with hallways they could cost money too!

mareewat
09-25-12, 07:56 PM
Lol they do have "hallways" but they are huge and look like long empty rooms when used.. I would love to be able to place one square wide hallways..

lareinema
09-26-12, 06:15 AM
There is only one hallway, but there should be a variety.

queentina3
09-26-12, 06:21 AM
I'm using the Closet as a hallway at the moment. LOL!!!

I also wish there was one that was only 1x6 (1 wide and 6 long), but when I finish all the expansions I'll probably use the one we have as "hallway" and just put plants all down the sides with a chair thrown here and there for good measure, unless we get another option before then.

maleah06
09-26-12, 11:24 AM
Yes hallways please!!!!!!!!

ginerp
09-27-12, 03:20 PM
Right now I have the grand hallway, and yes, it's grand. It's huge! I think when my children's bedroom is finished I'll use it as a hall instead. I love the idea of being able to build halls one square at a time!

RubiesGalore
10-01-12, 08:37 AM
I agree the hallways are to big and look like some of the rooms can we have smaller ( width ) hallways just big enough to maybe put a plant, chair, phone or something but not so big thank U TL

CuddlyDragon
10-01-12, 03:49 PM
Hah! Good idea!

I will let the team know you request a more... realistic hallway! :)

KadeeDid
10-01-12, 04:11 PM
Right now I have the grand hallway, and yes, it's grand. It's huge! I think when my children's bedroom is finished I'll use it as a hall instead. I love the idea of being able to build halls one square at a time!

I was thinking of using the children's bedroom too! I actually laid it out and experimented with it but it didn't work without expanding. I think I will try again. I don't like how doors are created everywhere where I don't want. I wish we could place where we want. I block some with furniture and place rooms in odd paces to prevent doors. then, where I want doors, they are not created!

MooreHouse
10-02-12, 10:45 AM

The name is "Grand Hall" and not "Grand Hallway"... this is, in my opinion, NOT a hallway, or it would say "Hallway". It is a "hall" in the use of the term like "Dining Hall" or per the dictionary, "a large room or building for public gatherings; auditorium: convention hall; concert hall." That is why it is so big. It's not meant to be a hallWAY, it's meant to be like a gathering room, or a grand dining area, etc. IN MY OPINION.

I personally don't think we should be constrained to their "room names" or pre-defined room sizes... the "Master Bathroom" is larger than the main room you start the game with. It's weird. We should be able to buy squares of floor space to create our own room sizes and layouts, INCLUDING HALLWAYS! LOL

kwhales
10-06-12, 07:40 AM
Moorhouse--I like the idea of buying say square footage. If we can't do this, can we buy one of the new huge rooms and then offer us walls, so we can make smaller rooms out of the large room?

But of course, what do we do with new rooms and walls and decorations if we have no land to put them on. Please think about a land update. Thanks

dragonolic
10-09-12, 01:51 PM
The names of the rooms are just titles- they don't really mean anything. They only differ based on the size and shape. The "Formal Dining" space is perfect for a hallway- I have two put end-to-end (because I wanted my house all spread out- one would be fine for connecting a few rooms).

linp825
10-11-12, 08:53 AM
Agree! The hallway is the same size as the formal dining room (just about) ..too big! Give us a few little "buffer zone" Halls and please let us move the doorways ourselves! Also it wd be nice if we cd paper and paint ALL the rooms not just the outside ones but I guess then u couldn't see the whole house at once. Maybe do "collapsible" walls for the INterior where we really need it! I don't know I'm still a newbie but thought these were good ideas. Happy homemaking!