PDA

View Full Version : House for Old Thomas Quest

laceylaine
09-25-12, 11:33 AM
There is a little mistake in this goal. It says you drop off 5 simple glue, but the picture it's showing is actually the super glue. And i cannot drop off the simple glue so I'm assuming it definitley means super glue. Which sucks cause I have no problems making simple glue, but I can never find the green bottle needed to make the super glue. Bah, so much glue!

laceylaine
09-25-12, 02:35 PM
Ok all issues with glue is fixed, but my goal changed and says to build the house, but its locked in the menu. Am I missing something?

laceylaine
09-25-12, 02:38 PM
PS the goal is still explaining to "drop off" items, and I didn't even finish that part of the goal yet. The only action now for the quest is to build the house but its locked.

maguar
09-25-12, 02:42 PM
Neighbour helped me with this one. Force close then go back in

maguar
09-25-12, 02:45 PM
Seriously uncool. I'd dropped off my blocks, beams and magnifying matrix. It isn't recognizing any of the. I have to redraft them all. Please credit these back to me - especially my matrix

MHz_
09-25-12, 02:46 PM
PM me your s8 id and I'll do what I can to fix this for you.

maguar
09-25-12, 02:58 PM
Thanks for looking into it. I have been letting my neighbours who are also reporting this issue know to send you a PM

MHz_
09-25-12, 03:09 PM
A side note.. If you were way ahead of the quests, and did the quest that required you to load the materials through the quest, instead of spending them during construction, please check your inventories for the house, and see if you have old thomas's house.

With the old way the quest chain worked, you had it rewarded to you and placed in your inventory.. If you dont have the storage shed (I'm assuming you guys will since you're so far ahead) it may appear locked in your inventory.

Let me know if this helps.

laceylaine
09-25-12, 05:58 PM
Yaaay it's all fixed now. Thanks TL.

cast1532
09-25-12, 06:03 PM
Can someone post a screenshot of the goal?

MHz_
09-26-12, 02:11 PM
If you are on the goal "Of Tablets And Telescopes".. you are not in any kind of broken state. I've had at least 1 report of someone "stuck" on this quest.. you need to follow the quest and your items will unlock as needed. The only potentially broken scenarios are people who have to build Old Thomas's house, but don't have the recipe for the Magnifying Matrix in their workshop.

gaazz1
09-26-12, 10:38 PM
I have exactly same problem as maguar. I'd dropped off my blocks, wood beams and magnifying matrix but now I have to redraft them all. I want my stuffs back - especailly the matrix. Please fix this! My s8 id is gaazz1

MHz_
09-28-12, 02:57 PM
I have exactly same problem as maguar. I'd dropped off my blocks, wood beams and magnifying matrix but now I have to redraft them all. I want my stuffs back - especailly the matrix. Please fix this! My s8 id is gaazz1

I'll try to get everyone fixed that is remaining either tonight or over the weekend. Sorry it's taking so long!

gaazz1
10-02-12, 07:43 PM
My missing matrix is back! Thank you so much!!!

TexasFarmerBarb
10-03-12, 07:18 AM
I have the Old Thomas House and all materials but the glue. How do I get that? I don't see it in the crafting building???

Please help, thanks!

cast1532
10-03-12, 07:23 AM
You have to build the Simple Glue or Super Glue in the Potion Shop. Hope this helps.

TexasFarmerBarb
10-03-12, 08:49 AM
I just looked and cannot get the potion shop it is a locked goal???

cast1532
10-03-12, 10:37 AM
You have to talk to the tree lady. By talking to her it will unlock the goal and the potion shop.

TexasFarmerBarb
10-03-12, 11:43 AM
Oh so that means I have to expand to get to her?

cast1532
10-03-12, 11:57 AM
Yes, it will.

nicigreve
11-23-12, 02:08 PM
Hi all, i have THE manifying matrix, but when i press build, i don't get old Thomas' house to build. How can this be solved?

nicigreve
11-23-12, 04:47 PM
Never mind! Already figured it out!

Farliniii
04-20-20, 02:20 AM
Does anyone else have problems with the magnifying matrix?
In my list of Goals it says I should make one in the workshop but when I go to the workshop it?s ?locked by goal?

SpiritWind00
04-21-20, 01:15 AM
Does anyone else have problems with the magnifying matrix?
In my list of Goals it says I should make one in the workshop but when I go to the workshop it?s ?locked by goal?
You must need to do something else first. It won't unlock till you finish this goal.

14: Of Tablets and Telescopes
* Find a material that focuses light 0/1 (skip 20)
* Find a material that shimmers and sparkles 0/1 (skip 20)
* Find a material that can be polished to a shine 0/1 (skip 20)
Note: the 3 items needed are mermaid scales from ponds or wells, jewels and silver ore from rocks or the sparking mine)
Note: Unlocks Matrix when goal completed

Do you think this is the reason??

Here's the link to these goals in the Guide.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94062-New-CS-Main-Story-Goal-Guide&p=1342380&viewfull=1#post1342380

Farliniii
04-22-20, 04:46 AM
Well, i?ve found all of the above and have quite a lot of them

SpiritWind00
04-22-20, 03:19 PM
Well, i?ve found all of the above and have quite a lot of them
ok, so do you still have Goal 14 in your book or only Goal 15? if you still have goal 14 in your book, does it say you've found the items? is there a tick against each of the 3 Find sub-goals? Can you give us some more info? What other goals are in your book? It could be that there is still something you haven't done that we don't realise is a trigger. The goals may not necessarily be in the exact order they are written for the early storyline goals which is why I've tried to record triggers for certain goals for newer players that are playing goals in order rather than for a lot of players who've been playing for years, the order goals were released (which is different). Anyhow if you can post any additional info, that might be helpful. Have you used any gems to skip any goals that you know of either on purpose or accidentally?

You may need to reach out to Support in the event we can't figure it out just to eliminate any sort of bug.

Farliniii
04-23-20, 03:21 AM
I?ve solved goal 14
The rest on my list is:
Magnifying matrix
Chivalrous methods
A liege?s trust
Faerie magic
Necessary truffness
Sir pigglesworth
Ambitious oranges
Trials and tributes
Magic nursery: fang pup
Poor and gone
Flower fusion
A swift tailor
The academy : a long forgotten spell
Princess lorelais fountain
Tabernum research: anatomy

SpiritWind00
04-25-20, 10:39 PM
Sorry for the delay - new storyline has had me swamped (pun intended!) lol

ok, so I can't see any connection to the goals you have to stop you getting the magnifier according to my notes, so I'd suggest you reach to support and let them know you cleared goal 14 and goal 15 is locked. If your ticket is closed please send me a message. Click on my name and then select private message. Include your ticket number if you can in the message. Do not post that number on the forum.

Click on this link to contact S8: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?95236-ANNOUNCEMENT-Contacting-Storm8-Support-Contacting-Fyber

Farliniii
05-05-20, 01:19 PM
Nice, did you find the ?mud-troll?? :) I?m stuck since I can?t visit Thomas house 😅
Where can I send you the message? Not quite sure where to post it 😅