PDA

View Full Version : Bug: Stoves: Food Disappearing

bev1947
09-25-12, 09:48 AM
This is strange. When I use stoves, my food will disappear that I fix overnight when I return awhile later. When I use ovens and no stoves, all is fine and food leaves counters at a normal pace when I return. I think there is a bug in the stoves. No, I'm not closing my doors so I know it's not that. It's been like this since I opened my restaurant so it's not something new.:(

kooky panda
09-25-12, 10:22 AM
What device do you play on?
What is the current version of the game your are playing?

Under menu-help-small number at the bottom of the screen

bev1947
09-25-12, 11:10 AM
I'm playing on Kindle Fire, Restaurant 1.3.5. I also have two devices and two restaurants but food disappears only on the one. I e-mailed support so maybe they will have an answer.

DaojinWildfire
09-25-12, 04:23 PM
If you close the game right after preparing the recipes, you might be closing the game before it has a chance to send data to our servers and save your game progress. Before you exit and close the game, try visiting a neighbor, then go back to your restaurant. If you don't experience any issues, then your data was saved in our servers.

bev1947
09-25-12, 08:00 PM
Okay, will give it a try but why does food disappear using stoves and not with using only ovens?

bev1947
09-26-12, 10:08 AM
Reporting progress.....I tried your suggestion twice using stoves, ovens and grills together and it worked. I visited a neighbor after I cleared appliances of food to the counters and made new food and it didn't disappear after revisiting. Although, it seems to me, I shouldn't have to go through this procedure since I don't have to with my other restaurant, if my food will leave counters normally, I thank you for your advice:)

DaojinWildfire
10-01-12, 05:35 PM
What happens is that your information isn't instantly updated to our servers. Most games usually ping the servers in intervals, so if you exit the game before the game pings the server, your data may not have had the chance to save. For this reason, I usually recommend players to visit another player's game, because doing so will need to connect to our servers, which forces your game progress to save.

Ms_Noodles
10-15-12, 03:46 AM
I'm quite upset, I had cooked a bunch of 8 hours food overnight and I just served them this morning. The game refreshed itself and now all my food is gone! Not to mention, I had blocked my door before it refreshed and when it came back on, my door was unblocked with customers coming and no food anywhere. So now I have to start all over.

lorasb
10-17-12, 10:38 AM
I am new at this game and really love it but, when I take the time to prepare food that takes 16 to 22hrs it and has over 2000 servings its very frustrating that you go back to the game and all your food is gone. I play on Motorola Bionic game version 1.5.5.4. I dont see the point on trying to stock up and the food just disappears for no reason. VERY UPSETTING N FRUSTRATING!