PDA

View Full Version : Warning: If you build a large city, the game won't let you play.

Charsville
09-24-12, 10:58 PM
Charsville's population is over 15,000 and the game won't let me play. The game won't let me in my city. I can't do anything. The game won't let my neighbors visit my city. Of course it doesn't matter if they visit since its been full for a week. My social rating was a four but now it's a zero. I put in a request with Team Lava support, but they haven't said or done anything.

hotbeef
09-25-12, 12:02 AM
I've noticed issues with this games performance as well. The bigger your city becomes the more problems start occurring such as loading, being kicked out, game lag, etc...

foodkidpop
09-25-12, 02:45 PM
Hi Charsville,
Sorry to hear about your problem. I can't even get into the city because it takes too long to load and loses connection. So I see what you mean!
I hope TL fix this problem ASAP before other MCS users increase the size of their cities.

Charsville
09-27-12, 05:47 PM
After a week of not being able to enter my city or do anything, they finally fixed Charsville. They never said what the problem was or why no one would tell me anything. It doesn't matter now. I'm just happy to have my city back. Hopefully it will keep working. Now I have a weeks worth of visiting to do. Thanks for fixing the problem.

Charsville
09-28-12, 10:43 AM
WOW my city isn't working again. Yesterday, after waiting a week, I finally got to play again. That was just a tease. I got to play for only 6 hours. It worked good at first then ran slower and slower. Started crashing when I posted. Then city wouldn't open anymore. The stupid box saying check Internet connection shows up whenever I try to open my city. The problem is not my Internet. It's the game. Using the same device and Internet connection, I can play original City Story but not Metro.
Does anyone know if its a memory problem? What takes more memory land or buildings?

kooky panda
09-28-12, 10:47 AM
I think when I was playing you were one of my neighbors and I always had a huge lag when trying to visit your City.
I Think it is because of your population total and all the great items you have out and placed.

Have your tried storing some of your big items, then go back into the game to see if it makes any difference?
I know they downsized Stormy game because players were crashing when trying to visit.

Charsville
09-28-12, 10:55 AM
I can't get in my city to put anything in storage. Doesn't it still take memory if its in storage? Do I have to totally delete items so my city will open and work?

kooky panda
09-28-12, 10:57 AM
I can't get in my city to put anything in storage. Doesn't it still take memory if its in storage? Do I have to totally delete items so my city will open and work?

I am not sure, but please do not delete your items.

If support has not responded back, and it has been over 5 business days, reply back to your ticket email to check on a status of your request.

SF919
09-28-12, 11:23 AM
I have been waiting for my permits for 2 days already and I am stuck and can not expand ( I believe some neighbors did not even receive the help requested by me). Unless of course I have to redeem the permits for some gems...

nmid
09-28-12, 12:58 PM
Slightly offtopic, but what's the game value of having pop greater than 1150?

Charsville
09-28-12, 02:17 PM
Hi The limit is 20 material requests per day. The higher your level the longer it takes to expand. At my level it takes almost a week to expand. I need 56 permits plus 3 days.

Charsville
09-28-12, 02:32 PM
In this game there is no value in having a large population that I know of. In fact it's the opposite. With large population this game runs slower and crashes. If I didn't buy so many buildings I would have more money for the new big tower. I bet when I add that my city will crash forever. I just want to build a great big city with a lot of lights. Lol

In the original City Story there is a big advantage in having a lot of buildings. There is no energy limit and you can collect from all your building instead of just 30. I had so many buildings in my city the only time it was full was when I was asleep.

nmid
09-28-12, 03:59 PM
Makes sense.. Personally I'm going for making as much money as I can.
Perhaps I'll change my goal in a week or so.
Getting to lvl 25 in three days is good enough for now :).

nmid
09-28-12, 04:01 PM
Btw, I installed city story on my android.. It didn't tickle my fancy. Visited my city a total of 5 times and lost interest after that...
I guess playing on a smaller screen or with older graphics took away some of the fun for me... Or the possibility that the iOS version might have been better..

benbever
10-01-12, 06:48 AM
I can't visit your city charsville, it's still broken.
My city is almost that size (in population), does the game break when population gets too high, the number of buildings get too high or when you expand too much?
I had some usual expansion glitches (trees on buildings) but also recently some unusual ones (expansion sign on buildings.)
And neighbors complain that city takes long to load.

Charsville
10-01-12, 09:55 AM
I get a lot of comments that it takes a long time to load. It also takes me a long time to get to my neighbors big cities. I think it's a memory problem. One of my nbrs with a lot of real big buildings and smaller population also has problems with how long it takes to load.

Helpful hint: Avoid using your wall. For some reason it takes a lot longer to visit nbrs when you click on them from your wall. There is less load time when you use your news feed and neighbors list. When time lag gets really bad, don't post on nbrs wall. Let nbrs know your not posting due to game problems and they can see you visited using news feed. Most will understand and the rest don't matter. You can read your wall, but dont use it to visit. Posting on walls is when my game kept crashing. If your having problems, avoid your wall.

Charsville
10-01-12, 03:44 PM
People ask what device I'm using. The problem isn't my device it's the game. Charsville is on iPad3 with new iOS6. I've deleted and reinstalled Metro a dozen times. Its not my Internet WiFi connection since I use same device and Internet connection to play the original City Story with no problem. Theres nothing I can do that will help.

My nbrs can't visit Charsville. The game is kept on a server not my device. If my problem opening Charsville was caused by my device or my Internet connection, my nbrs would still be able to visit Charsville on the server using their devices. Whenever anyone tries to visit we get a message that says to check our Internet connection. We all have different Internet and we can't visit Charsville but we can visit other nbrs.

I'm waiting and waiting for Team Lava to fix their problem so Charsville can visit neighbors.

PikaSquirrel
10-03-12, 03:55 PM
We'll look into this for you.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue of not being able to open your city?

Charsville
10-03-12, 09:05 PM
As I have stated numerous times, my nbrs can't visit Charsville. Sometimes smaller cities can visit. I have two cities. My smaller city Charsvilla can't visit Charsville. The game won't open. Just get screen that says check Internet connection. My nbrs get the same screen. Both my cities use same Internet connection and one city has no problems. Go read Charsvilla wall and you will see nbrs can't visit Charsville.

zoroak
10-04-12, 12:51 PM
I can't visit Charsville and yes, as she says, I get the "check Internet connection" pop up. When I click on the "try again" tab, it brings me back to my own city.

Also noticed the "car" chugs along much longer (i.e. lag before loading the city) when I'm visiting level 40 nbrs who have expanded substantially (a few with wonders). When I visit my own city (also level 40) from another device, I also notice this lag of several seconds, although I do not have as large a city as Charsville.

nmid
10-04-12, 09:08 PM
We'll look into this for you.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue of not being able to open your city?

It's slow as hell. When I do manage to visit his town, the windmills and cars move in jerky motions... And that's after a 40 sec loading time. Generally other big towns take about 5 secs to load up, at the max.
I am on a iPad 2, with a broadband connection.

fledtcity
10-07-12, 08:40 AM
Me too, My city is also getting bigger, but since today lots of no internet try again.
Please solve this error.

Charsville
10-09-12, 08:56 PM
After waiting for over a week for help they finally fixed Charsville, or did they? I got my city back yesterday and was able to visit neighbors for 2 hours before going to bed. During the 2 hours it crashed a couple times when posting. When I woke up in the morning I couldn't visit anyone. I can't open Charsville. All I get is is the same pop up saying check Internet connection. I can't visit Charsville from my other city and my neighbors can't visit.

It's the same problem as last week and the week before. Same problem over and over. They didn't do anything different that I know of. No one answers any of my questions. I would like to know if it is a memory problem and what takes the most Memory. I would be willing to remove some items if it would help my city work.

If my city is never going to work, I want my money back.

nmid
10-10-12, 11:32 PM
I would suggest bringing your pop down to 10-12k, while keeping the rest of ur roads and buildings intact... Perhaps that might make a difference?

I would think the problem is the number of icons or buildings in use, so you could try working to get that to a manageable level..... Till tl manages to fix the problem.

Berks.

Charsville
10-11-12, 12:37 AM
I'm sure it's not just a population problem. I also have more business buildings than other cities. I already have a lot of buildings in storage and will put away more whenever I get my city back. It would be great if someone from Team Lava would answer my questions such as which buildings take more memory. I keep asking but get no response.

How much memory does the small donut shop with the spinning donut take? Does business with flashing lights take more memory than housing? Does small well lit buildings use more memory than larger dimmer buildings?

It would only take a couple minutes for someone to help me by answering these questions. Helping me would also end my need to contact support over and over for help. In my requests I do ask questions and have never received a reply.

PikaSquirrel
10-11-12, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the additional information, we'll continue investigating this for you. If you wrote in an email already, please check for a response from support and they will assist you.

Charsville
10-14-12, 07:04 PM
Game is still broken. Can't get in my city. Neighbors can't visit. Just waiting and waiting to play game. Waiting for someone to answer my questions.

Charsville
10-24-12, 11:46 PM
I still can't open my city to play game. I also have a neighbor who can't play game due to city won't open. According to the Team Lava request web page, my request for help was solved on the 15th and closed. What kind of joke is this? I still can't open my city and no one contacted me with any help.

Charsville
10-28-12, 03:04 PM
Well this month is almost over and Charsville only got to play for two hours earlier this month. WOW this must be some kind of record. Since I can't open my city, Charsville won't be allowed the opportunity to have any Halloween decorations, do any quests, or get gems like all the other cities. This isn't fair. When does the Halloween version end?

jackie170
10-29-12, 01:14 PM
just tried to visit your city. nothing, nada. they really need to sort their stuff out! good luck!

Charsville
10-30-12, 04:23 PM
Thanks for your help kooky. I got my city back today and removed over 6,000 in population and a lot of big businesses. Running slow, so I removed another 2,000 population. No crashes yet. Hopefully the game will be fixed so we can have big cities.

kooky panda
10-30-12, 04:49 PM
yeah!!! I am glad you are back!!!

FlyingMonkee
10-30-12, 04:58 PM
Thanks for letting us know! And your citizens are happy to see you back again

Thanks for your help kooky. I got my city back today and removed over 6,000 in population and a lot of big businesses. Running slow, so I removed another 2,000 population. No crashes yet. Hopefully the game will be fixed so we can have big cities.

Charsville
11-03-12, 01:13 AM
Charsville crashed so I put in storage another 2,000 population for a total of 10,000 removed so city would keep working. No more crashing, but it takes a long time to post. Deleted (sold) some items in storage hoping it would shorten how long it takes for me to post. It helped slightly.

I have several neighbors who can't play right now, because their cities have crashed and won't open. I hope this problem will be fixed soon.

bdocc
11-03-12, 02:56 AM
I don't have a big population so this has never happened to me but now I know not to buy to many houses,apartments,etc...

Charsville
11-05-12, 03:29 PM
Please don't think of it as a population problem. The problem is size. My nbr has a population of less than 4,000 and she can't open her city to play. She has 5 wonders and a lot of land. Her social rating has dropped to zero while she waits for help.

My city had a population of 15,000 and 2 wonders when it totally crashed and wouldn't let me back in. They never fixed the problem. The only reason I can play is because I reduced the size of my city. Now my city has 5,000 and 2 wonders. I tried to add a few buildings back in, but a neighbor told me she crashed trying to visit. I have a lot of land and it seems my limit is 5,000 and 2 wonders. It's better to play with half a city than no city. Game still runs slow and takes a long time to post.

It appears they didn't test this game very well before offering it to the public. It only took me 2 months to build a city big enough to totally crash the game and not be able to play. The object of the game is to "build" a city. Too bad the game doesn't work well enough to allow us to build our cities. I hope they fix the problem soon.

benbever
11-06-12, 12:36 AM
My city has 15500 population, but it's mostly dense glass towers. The only wonder is the haunted liberty.
I haven't had any problems yet. No slowdown or crashes.
I'm working on my 41th "4x4 square" of land.

Charsville
11-06-12, 06:58 PM
I had no problems with my city crashing when my city was on square 41 or 61. If I counted correctly, Charsville has 68 squares. Lakeview, my second city, has 3 wonders and 43 squares. Lakeview has never crashed.

If you're having crashing problems, DON'T EXPAND. Expanding made Charsville totally crash. I checked out my neighbors crashed cities and I can see they did an expansion before crashing.

benbever
11-07-12, 04:25 AM
I counted 67 squares in Charsville last time I visited.
A neighbor with a crashed city has 47 squares.
Maybe it has to do with size/expanding.
Or maybe with expanding to the sides of the board.

Charsville
11-07-12, 12:13 PM
My last expansion which made my city crash wasn't to the sides. I filled in an empty spot between previously expanded squares.

I think it's like a small house. If you plug in too many items needing electricity, you're going to blow a fuse. Then you have to reset or buy another fuse. Different combinations of land and buildings need more power, or memory in this game. I can't undo land expansions so I removed buildings to prevent my city from crashing and needing Team Lava's help.

nmid
11-07-12, 03:56 PM
Thanks for letting us know! And your citizens are happy to see you back again

And @ http://forums.teamlava.com/member.php?65-PikaSquirrel

I'm amazed that you think the solution is to reduce pop and that it's an effective solution to the problem.
Why don't u just answer his question and tell us what buildings take the most memory or if it's the expansions that cause problem.

If the solution is to either reduce pop or make dense glass tower buildings like Ben or making no road towns like I'm doing, then your game is seriously bugged.

Your players know it already and are finding 'wire and duct tape' solutions....it would make a lot of sense if you get on with it and find a 'proper' solution.

Charsville
11-08-12, 12:37 PM
Game shut down on me again today. What did I do different today? I completed a wind farm and game crashed when I clicked to visit a neighbor. It took 3 tries to get city to open. I immediately put wind farm in storage. OMG I can't do anything in my city.

Charsville
11-11-12, 11:02 PM
This weekend 3 players that I know got their crashed cities back. Although they got their cities back, another neighbor's city crashed and now he can't open his city to play. Will the crashing ever end?

nmid
11-12-12, 07:58 AM
Ahhhh... That's what is the hidden end game objective of this game as per the developers - Build your city big enough so that it crashes.
Ok, that's my goal now.

howdy2you
11-12-12, 08:49 AM
So it's expanding that causes the crashing? I stopped expanding. I'd rather be able to play. I noticed other neighbors aren't expanding anymore also.

Charsville
11-12-12, 01:10 PM
Team Lava won't tell anyone anything about what causes big cities to crash. From my own experiences, and looking at my neighbors crashed cities, I say expansion is the problem. It appears we all did an expansion before city crashed.

I have more than enough permits to expand more, but my city will crash. It's better to play with half a city than no city. Over half my city is in storage and game still runs slow. I wish I could undo a couple expansions so I can add some buildings and decorations back in my city. I have big sections of barren land in my city.

If the object is to build your city so that it crashes, I'm the winner. LOL

howdy2you
11-12-12, 01:58 PM
Team Lava won't tell anyone anything about what causes big cities to crash. From my own experiences, and looking at my neighbors crashed cities, I say expansion is the problem. It appears we all did an expansion before city crashed.

I have more than enough permits to expand more, but my city will crash. It's better to play with half a city than no city. Over half my city is in storage and game still runs slow. I wish I could undo a couple expansions so I can add some buildings and decorations back in my city. I have big sections of barren land in my city.

If the object is to build your city so that it crashes, I'm the winner. LOL

I had a bakery expanded to the max on a Samsung galaxy tab. It's not even playable because Its so slow. I even set my tablet back to factory settings. It's a shame because I spent a lot of real cash. I believe you are correct about the expansions.

evac217
11-13-12, 08:45 AM
Can't speak to the population issue but I just upgraded to the iPhone5 and the game runs a lot faster. My old phone was a 3Gs iPhone and the game was very slow to load. I also play on my wife's iPad 2 no issues. I would have to say it is your hardware not Storm8 server.

benbever
11-13-12, 08:51 AM
Since Charsville, and other players' cities, were not open to visitors when they were crashed, I think it's a problem on the server side.
The issue that some games run slow on older devices is another issue.

Charsville
11-15-12, 02:06 AM
Well you obviously didn't bother to read other posts about this problem. If you had you would know that this problem is happening to numerous players who use different devices. As previously stated my game is on my iPad 3. Only extremely large cities have this problem. I had no issues when my city was smaller.

Charsville
11-15-12, 02:41 AM
My city is still having problems. The game started running real slow again, so I took out another wonder. Several hours later it crashed. I only had 1 wonder and a population of 4,000. It took 4 tries to open my city so I could play. I removed my last wonder, more buildings, and decorations. I now have no wonders, a population of 3,300 and a lot of empty space. If it crashes again, I might as well just totally empty and close the city.

My second city has less land, 3 wonders and twice the population, and it has never crashed like the big cities. It's getting bigger and starting to run slower. I'm in no hurry to expand a lot and have it crash too.

Unfortunately, one of the players that just got their cities back last weekend can't play again. Her city totally crashed and she is waiting for help from Team Lava.

tullytown
11-18-12, 06:21 AM
I am at level 55 and have no option to expand...I emailed TL but their reply is that I have reached the maximum expansion available in the game! So, do I just keep increasing my $$$$$ visiting others to at least help them or what does anyone suggest so that I can enjoy the game again! Has this happened to anyone else???

Charsville
11-18-12, 11:07 AM
You're the first I've heard that completed all expansions. Now you can create an interesting city and/or keep going to see how high a level you can get. What is your population?

I've only done one expansion in the last 2 months due to city crashing over and over. A lot of land and a lot of big buildings are a bad combination in this game. One of my neighbors that crashed took out some buildings and was able to complete another expansion. I have neighbors that are still waiting for Team Lava to help them get their crashed cities back.

Charsville
11-29-12, 11:01 AM
CHARSVILLE CRASHED AGAIN AND WON'T OPEN. I thought yesterday's maintenance was supposed to fix game's problems. I added buildings back in my city and did an expansion, normal things for this game, and now I can't play. City won't open again.

howdy2you
11-29-12, 12:21 PM
I am not able to visit charsville. I have iPhone 4 3G.

FlyingMonkee
11-29-12, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the heads up Charsville, we are currently looking into this issue with your large board and will be investigating. Thank you for your patience

CHARSVILLE CRASHED AGAIN AND WON'T OPEN. I thought yesterday's maintenance was supposed to fix game's problems. I added buildings back in my city and did an expansion, normal things for this game, and now I can't play. City won't open again.

tr8on
11-30-12, 06:57 AM
Well... for those of us who actually played the original CS... we didn't have these problems cuz there were no "moving parts"... all the fancy animations and skittles vomit, is what is breaking the game. Not everyone has the best of the best hardware to run this game optimally. *le sad* :(

clevindsouza
11-30-12, 12:10 PM
As soon as I open the city story metro game, I can see my city literally for just 10 seconds before the "city story is an online game and requires Internet access" pops up. It's definitely not a problem with my Internet. It also doesn't register any collections made during that 10 seconds of gameplay.

Charsville
12-03-12, 01:38 PM
Numerous cities, including Charsville, have totally crashed since the update last week. We can't open our cities to play the game. We all have different devices and Internet connections. The problem is the game, not which iOS a player has or Internet connection.

My second city Lakeview is level 47 has population over 8,000 with 3 wonders and runs on iOS 5. It started running extremely slow and I thought it was going to crash, so I removed some buildings. It runs better now with population of 8,000 instead of 10,000. Since my other city kept crashing while running on iOS 6, I didn't upgrade. I intentionally left Lakeview on iOS 5 and I can still play.

If you can't open your city contact Team Lava support and put in a help request. Of course they are going to say the problem is your device, iOS, or Internet connection. Good luck. I hope the next update will fix crashing problems.

PikaSquirrel
12-03-12, 03:05 PM
We're still looking into this, thanks for your patience!

Charsville
12-17-12, 10:55 AM
As soon as I open the city story metro game, I can see my city literally for just 10 seconds before the "city story is an online game and requires Internet access" pops up. It's definitely not a problem with my Internet. It also doesn't register any collections made during that 10 seconds of gameplay.

I finally got my city back. Today I started having a new crashing problem, the same as clevindsouza. I could open city but it would shut down after 10 seconds over and over. I kept removing my wonder over and over until the game finally put it in storage. I only had one wonder and 5,000 population. I immediately removed more buildings. Now I have no wonders and only 4,000 population.

My city keeps shrinking smaller and smaller and it still keeps having problems. More and more neighbors keep crashing over and over. Why? Does the game have too many players? Why can't Team Lava fix crashing problems? When are we going to get a new update? Some of my neighbors have quit playing this game.

oacam
12-17-12, 11:30 PM
We're still looking into this, thanks for your patience!

PATIENCE IS EVERYTHING!?

BUT PATIENCE FOR OVER 2 MONTHS? FORGETTING FOR 2 MONTHS?

EVEN PATIENCE HAS ITS LIMITATION!

AT LEAST BE HONEST! DON'T KNOW HOW TO RESOLVE ALL THESE BUGS!?

WAITING PATIENTLY..... BUT WITH LIMITATION!:confused:

oacam
12-17-12, 11:31 PM
You are lucky enough to have your city back.... I can't access mine nor any of my neighbors! My city macau-macao just vanished in the thin air!!!

Justin386386
01-05-13, 01:40 AM
My City is only level 17 but I had problem that it would kik me out of the game usually when I wanted to visit the Star 1's city. I don't know how big his city is but he/she has helpt me all the time and I can't help back. I play on iOS 4.2.1 on iPod touch 2nd Generation. I am having lots of problem for example after working for an hour rebuilding my city moving stuff around it ****d me out when I went back in all of the changes were gone. I know I don't have a good devise for internetconections but that should not!!!!! happen also the game would kik me out after 15 min and it takes long so long to load. I HOPE TEAM LAVA CAN FIX THE PRIBLEM SOON OTHERWISE I AN GOING TOO LEAVE A NICE COMMENT IN THE APP STORE ABOUT MAYOR GAME PRIBLEMS!!!!!!!

Charsville
01-05-13, 04:22 PM
Most of the game's problems have been fixed. Heard there is a new server. I did have a problem when adding my large number of buildings back in my city. Added buildings to population of 20,000 plus a lot of wonders and decorations. Game worked well at first then later when city was full of sparkles, collecting coins was like in slow motion. Game kept doing it, so I removed population down to 15,000 and game started working good again. At 16,000 now and still working. I also had a few new problems. I could put items in my storage, but couldn't get any out. Then my factory wouldn't let me start new contracts. I deleted game and reinstalled app. Game works good now.

If you're having problems with the game, first turn your device totally off and restart. Your device memory might be full and causing problems. If this doesn't help, delete game and reinstall app. Game is saved on Team Lava server, so you won't lose anything when you delete. If this doesn't help contact Team Lava Support.

oacam
01-13-13, 02:51 PM
hELLO! A REPETITVE ERROR ON "INTERNET CONNECTION" AGAIN? I WAS BLESSED TO PLAY AGAIN ON X'MAS DAY BUT TODAY, THE SAME PROBLEM ARISES!!!

CITY STORY METRO ON IPAD2
MACAU-MACAO CITY AT LEVEL 50.

Charsville
01-14-13, 09:22 PM
hELLO! A REPETITVE ERROR ON "INTERNET CONNECTION" AGAIN? I WAS BLESSED TO PLAY AGAIN ON X'MAS DAY BUT TODAY, THE SAME PROBLEM ARISES!!!

CITY STORY METRO ON IPAD2
MACAU-MACAO CITY AT LEVEL 50.

Oh No, tell me it's not so. The evil Internet Connection pop up is back. I hope it doesn't mean big cities are going to crash again. Team Lava needs to fix problems with the game and not blame it on our Internet connection.

Both my cities level 55/56 have a problem with the game freezing up then refreshing over and over throughout the day. Every time game refreshes it keeps repeating ads for other TL games. I have to click and go through the ads over and over just to get back to the game. I deleted and reinstalled game, but still have the problem. The problem has nothing to do with my devices or Internet connection. I have a neighbor in a different city that has the same problem.

I guess I will have to install and then delete the other Team Lava games, so I don't have to keep clicking through all the ads. Of course it won't fix the original freezing up problem.