PDA

View Full Version : What's the point of habitat boosts?

grondai
09-24-12, 08:33 PM
The only element that would be useful boosting would be diamond. The rest of the habitats fill up too quickly. Maybe a higher cap on the habitat cash?

mymummy789
09-25-12, 05:20 AM
The boost increases the coin capacity of the habitats :)

Big red increases from 2500 to 3000
Big green increases from 3200 to 3840
Big yellow increases from 2900 to 3480
Big blue increases from 3600 to 4320
Big purple increases from 5000 to 6000

I don't have the light boost yet ;)

It also seems to almost double the speed that the coins go up.

mammami08
09-25-12, 05:39 AM
Big white increase from 7200 to 8640 althoug the money speed don't change for me with the white dawn it's the same as befor, but the other ones making money like crazy i think i can collect close to 500 000 a hour if i go back to the game every ten minutes. Can be good to know if you are in Need for silver otherwise you can just collect when Ever you have the time, like befor but each habitat Will give you more since it now can hold more.

totaltechno
09-25-12, 05:57 AM
Just so you know, Diamond Fields can't be upgraded.

PangHian
09-25-12, 06:43 AM
with the new updates, i like the fact that money is generated faster for the original habitats ( i dun have diamond), and that the coin capacity is increased with the boosts. however, this makes us more "committed" to the game if we want to collect the money, practically every 5 or 10 min to collect otherwise the money would reach its cap. This is quite displeasing because many of us i believe have other commitments other than dragon story...

mammami08
09-25-12, 08:04 AM
You really don't Need to play all the time to get your money count up quite fast anyway. I spend an hour yesterday while watching TV and just went back every 10 minuts to collect and this made me about 500 K, then i collected again this morning and by now i have a comfortable amount of money in the dragonbank ;)

I don't play more then i used to, besides the hour yesterday when i didn't do much of use anyway!

PangHian
09-25-12, 08:18 AM
You really don't Need to play all the time to get your money count up quite fast anyway. I spend an hour yesterday while watching TV and just went back every 10 minuts to collect and this made me about 500 K, then i collected again this morning and by now i have a comfortable amount of money in the dragonbank ;)

I don't play more then i used to, besides the hour yesterday when i didn't do much of use anyway!

wow, you must have a lot of time, collecting every 10 min, to me, collecting every 10 min is quite crazy cause i usually collect at hour intervals, i have stuffs to do man.

mammami08
09-25-12, 09:19 AM
wow, you must have a lot of time, collecting every 10 min, to me, collecting every 10 min is quite crazy cause i usually collect at hour intervals, i have stuffs to do man.

If you reed what i wrote i Said that i collected every ten minuts during ONE hour, that meens a total of Sixten Times. I was watching a TV program and when it went to comersials i just turned the IPad on and collected. Other from this ONE hour i just collected once in the morning and onc befor i went to sleep, this still made me around a miljon silvers.

I don't have the time you seems to have to go back every hour and yes i have a LOT of stuff to do, otherwise i probarbly would collect more frequantly!

My point was tar if you are in Need for silver there is a easy Way to make money quite fast, i think most of us spend at least som time watching TV and you can make about 500 K in a hour whit not much effort

mammami08
09-25-12, 09:21 AM
[QUOTE=mammami08;408206]If you reed what i wrote i Said that i collected every ten minuts during ONE hour, that meens a total of Sixten Times.

Sorry a total of six Times', autocorrected....

Wooly
09-25-12, 02:32 PM
Some data:

Looking at one of my habitats that normally would be getting a total of 2,159 coins/hr from the 3 dragons on it (~36 coins/minute), after placing the boost building for that color, it was getting about 398 coins/minute, working out to a coin rate multiplier of roughly 11x. With the old coin rate & capacity, this sample habitat would take ~89 minutes to fill. With the new coin rate & capacity, it fills in just under 10 minutes.

GroupMagma
09-25-12, 03:54 PM
We were looking into these boosts, and unfortunately, they seem to be buggy at the moment. Currently, they are only designed to increase the capacity of your Dragon habitats; not speed up the rate at which Coins are earned.

We'll be pushing a fix for this shortly, and as a result, many players will see their collection rates go back to the normal levels. The Capacity increases are here to stay though :)

If you really like the sped up rates, don't worry; we might be adding MORE boosts in the future that do just that. For now, we're sorry about the mix-up! Please let us know if you have more questions.

mattyboo1
09-25-12, 04:00 PM
We were looking into these boosts, and unfortunately, they seem to be buggy at the moment. Currently, they are only designed to increase the capacity of your Dragon habitats; not speed up the rate at which Coins are earned.

We'll be pushing a fix for this shortly, and as a result, many players will see their collection rates go back to the normal levels. The Capacity increases are here to stay though :)

If you really like the sped up rates, don't worry; we might be adding MORE boosts in the future that do just that. For now, we're sorry about the mix-up! Please let us know if you have more questions.habitats are increased great I'm thinking of expanding to the dawn tree

chewytwix
09-25-12, 04:13 PM
BOO! The boosts are now essentially pointless since the boosts helped out a lot when the coin rate was fast. Now the ONLY benefits from the update are really the new dragons. The food prices are DUMB EXPENSIVE. You spend 350,000 coins for a boost that increases your capacity by less than 1000 coin increase. What a waste.

I hope everyone stops announcing the good bugs cause obviously Teamlava WILL take it away. SMH.

beccaJ2
09-25-12, 04:28 PM
Yes when now that you have fixed the 'bug' my coins seem to have slowed down more than what it was before thanks team lava won't be spending $50 to get any further it will now take forever to clear anything��

sibeipekchek
09-25-12, 04:40 PM
Whats the point now?? Wasting so much time and coin to buy unless building for now which cant boost the coin speed?? Juz increase few hundred to a thousand of useless coin?? Really Thumbs down for TL!!!

Wooly
09-25-12, 05:53 PM
By my estimate, it's going to take most people 2-3 months just to break even on the cost of the boost buildings, keeping in mind that every time you collect coins before the habitat is capped, the boost yielded no benefit.

As an example, suppose you have 4 habitats of a given color, and do 2 full (capped) collections a day, perhaps once in the morning, and once after school/work. In this case, it'll take an average of about 63 days to break even (the point where the extra coins you've collected from the raised cap offsets the initial cost of the boost building). This estimate will go up or down depending on whether you have more/less than 4 habitats of a certain color, or do more/less than 2 capped coin collections per day.

For people on cellular devices who check frequently throughout the day, all day, they may only do 1 capped coin collection (when they wake up). In that case, it takes over 4 months to break even using the assumptions above...

kitthecat
09-25-12, 06:43 PM
BOO! The boosts are now essentially pointless since the boosts helped out a lot when the coin rate was fast. Now the ONLY benefits from the update are really the new dragons. The food prices are DUMB EXPENSIVE. You spend 350,000 coins for a boost that increases your capacity by less than 1000 coin increase. What a waste.

I hope everyone stops announcing the good bugs cause obviously Teamlava WILL take it away. SMH.

Agree!! Bought those boosts b'cos my friend told me about the speed boost. Really feel *****ed, again. if they just going to take it away, I rather they don't give it in the first place.

Hey, those boosters r not cheap, is just not worth.

trisarahtops2509
09-25-12, 06:44 PM
One more TL game I'll be quitting. What's the point of a boost if all it does is increase the coin capacity b merely 1000-2000 coins? Have you looked at the food prices and clearing foliage rates? It's crazy! This thing would go on forever!

panda_queen
09-25-12, 06:51 PM
Sure it is not a bug, just TL realizes that it is way to easy to earn coins with the booster and now they are going to disable this they so called "buggy" feature.......

AkumaNeko
09-25-12, 08:03 PM
Sure it is not a bug, just TL realizes that it is way to easy to earn coins with the booster and now they are going to disable this they so called "buggy" feature.......

Agree. No point building those boost buildings now :/

blinvy2
09-25-12, 08:51 PM
My game was working perfectly fine with the boost, how was it buggy and how is it a good thing that the speedy coin collection was removed? I loved being able to make money faster, it didn't take me as long to make food or expand. Now it'll take me a week to make up the money needed to expand and then two days for the expansion o go through, then another week to make up the money to clear the foliage. It's not fun having to wait so long to do things with my island.

The boost and the new dragons were the only things keeping me interested in this game. I was getting bored of waiting for common dragons to breed and hatch while trying fruitlessly for the diamond dragon. Making money takes too long in this game and I'm locked out of breeding a lot of dragons because I can't seem to breed the diamond dragon.

wolf879
09-25-12, 08:56 PM
I agree with you this is some ya I've been trying to breed a diamond as well which seems like I'll never get and now with new food that's to pricey and clear foliage that's to pricey I've suddenly lost interest in this game and I've changes arnt made soon I will not play anymore

yandao11
09-25-12, 09:19 PM
Exactly cuz of someone complaining there's no point with the boost speeding things up.

Now it's removed I guess it's back to logging in 2-3 times a say. Or maybe even once?

Come on bring it back. It keeps ppl coming back into the game!!!!

felynz
09-25-12, 09:44 PM
I think this new dawn upgrade is just a way to drain all the silvers players have accumulated. First i went on a farm upgrading spree ie 6*100k only to find that the price of new foods vs the amt of apples it genrates was ridiculously low. So even when i did nt bother to complete the goal, that was a sunk cost of 600k. Next were the expansions n clearings to make space for the boosts. A biter bark costs 800k to clear. Either i spend the money or wait out for mystic maps to try my luck clearing the next plot, hoping there isnt another bitter bark or wretched stone. Im still waiting for maps btw. Not to mention the crazy feeding rates of the new dragons n the price of new habitats.

I thought the speed boosts were a brillamt way to mitigate these high costs. Only to find out this morning its was a bug. i will definitely learn from this experience n never trust TL w the so called improvements.

killbethy
09-25-12, 10:00 PM
TeamLava,

It is absolutely ridiculous to take away the increased coin rate of the habitats. If the only benefit of these Boosts is to simply raise that maximum amount of coins you can receive at once, it will literally take weeks to pay off the cost for buying the Boost, not to mention clearing the additional land for it. That's a long time to go with very little payback, especially now that the price of "quick" food has drastically increased and the amount of food required to level the Light dragons is absolutely astronomical and ridiculous. At least with the increased coin rates, it was possible to actually pay for the extra food upgrades consistently. Now? Probably not.

As far as adding new Boosts in the future that might raise the coin rate (like these did originally), please tell me, TeamLava, WHERE exactly are we going to put these? At the current rate of maximum income, to simply expand and clear the land to place 6 more Boosts could take MONTHS. Especially with the additional necessary coins needed to spend on upgrading Light dragons or even buying the original Boosts.

You had a good thing going with the increased coin rates. If anything, it probably encouraged people to actually play the game for longer amounts of time in one sitting, thus probably increasing the need for instant gratification and purchase of gold. But most importantly, it made the game more FUN! When your biggest competitor for Dragon Story is DragonVale, which is infinitely easier in the way of food, has more variations of dragons, more decorations and interactivity and user creativity with park design, dragon storage, and better return for real dollars spent when converted to food/coins, taking out a feature that makes your game more enjoyable, user friendly. and increases user playtime is utterly foolish.

People want to spend their time playing Dragon Story getting new DRAGONS.... upgrading them to see their different forms, etc. They do not want to have to grind for enough coins just to clear a square of space that is only large enough for one habitat and can hardly even be decorated due to the lack of available decor in the market. You'd think that would be a pretty simple player priority to understand.

OnlyPauline
09-25-12, 10:31 PM
If you really like the sped up rates, don't worry; we might be adding MORE boosts in the future that do just that. For now, we're sorry about the mix-up! Please let us know if you have more questions.

Well done TL! You have not failed to disappoint me again. :-(
I gave up Farm Story because of the that goes with it.
And now you're messing up Dragon Story too!
Why give us something great like BOOSTS and then taken them away???
I felt like I was finally making good headway in the game... but now I'm not :-(

TL are Indian Givers!
I'm sooooooooooooooo disappointed!

OnlyPauline
09-25-12, 10:34 PM
TeamLava,

It is absolutely ridiculous to take away the increased coin rate of the habitats. If the only benefit of these Boosts is to simply raise that maximum amount of coins you can receive at once, it will literally take weeks to pay off the cost for buying the Boost, not to mention clearing the additional land for it. That's a long time to go with very little payback, especially now that the price of "quick" food has drastically increased and the amount of food required to level the Light dragons is absolutely astronomical and ridiculous. At least with the increased coin rates, it was possible to actually pay for the extra food upgrades consistently. Now? Probably not.

As far as adding new Boosts in the future that might raise the coin rate (like these did originally), please tell me, TeamLava, WHERE exactly are we going to put these? At the current rate of maximum income, to simply expand and clear the land to place 6 more Boosts could take MONTHS. Especially with the additional necessary coins needed to spend on upgrading Light dragons or even buying the original Boosts.

You had a good thing going with the increased coin rates. If anything, it probably encouraged people to actually play the game for longer amounts of time in one sitting, thus probably increasing the need for instant gratification and purchase of gold. But most importantly, it made the game more FUN! When your biggest competitor for Dragon Story is DragonVale, which is infinitely easier in the way of food, has more variations of dragons, more decorations and interactivity and user creativity with park design, dragon storage, and better return for real dollars spent when converted to food/coins, taking out a feature that makes your game more enjoyable, user friendly. and increases user playtime is utterly foolish.

People want to spend their time playing Dragon Story getting new DRAGONS.... upgrading them to see their different forms, etc. They do not want to have to grind for enough coins just to clear a square of space that is only large enough for one habitat and can hardly even be decorated due to the lack of available decor in the market. You'd think that would be a pretty simple player priority to understand.

Here! Here!
Thanks for that ****bethy! I'm too annoyed to verbalise my frastration into a logical message... so thanks for saying it for me!

OnlyPauline
09-25-12, 10:35 PM
My game was working perfectly fine with the boost, how was it buggy and how is it a good thing that the speedy coin collection was removed? I loved being able to make money faster, it didn't take me as long to make food or expand. Now it'll take me a week to make up the money needed to expand and then two days for the expansion o go through, then another week to make up the money to clear the foliage. It's not fun having to wait so long to do things with my island.

The boost and the new dragons were the only things keeping me interested in this game. I was getting bored of waiting for common dragons to breed and hatch while trying fruitlessly for the diamond dragon. Making money takes too long in this game and I'm locked out of breeding a lot of dragons because I can't seem to breed the diamond dragon.

Here! Here!

opanugie
09-26-12, 12:23 AM
THE BOOST Design was great but the function is nothing at all ... we spent almost 1.730.000 coins exclude the white boost then now all back to normal except the increased coins of the habitats. First i was really excited to get the booster but now its totally disappointed :( moreover we have to clean the expensive bush dan planting the exclusive plant ... its take forever

Chianti
09-26-12, 12:57 AM
Lava what are you thinking? The coin boost made 100% sense due to the increase in feeding requirements for the new dragons. Now that you've admitted it was a glitch, what in gods name are you thinking?

I shrugged off the absolutely crazy feeding requirements (15,000 a shot for level 9!) because of the coin boost. I shrugged off the cost of planting the new crops (75k for diamondates) due to the coin boost. The cost of the new plants and the increased food requirements made it logical to have coin boost as a benefit to the new towers.

There is nothing for you to lose by restoring the coin boost. Think of it from an economic perspective. To obtain the towers, you need 10 level 10 dragons (of each type). This is not an easy task to accomplish by any means, unless people buy gold from you in-game. Clearly you want people to buy gold from you in-game... it's how you make money.

Knowing about the coin boost would motivate people to buy in-game gold so that they can level up their dragons faster, and build the towers. You created a motivating factor for people to purchase gold, so you can make more money.

However, now that you took the coin boost away, what is the point? The towers increase the storage capacity of habitats by a negligible amount - definitely not an amount that would justify purchasing the towers - not without the coin boost. And without the boost, people will be less motivated to buy gold since there is no longer any point to leveling up their dragons faster.

Lava, you need to restore the coin boost ASAP. You're alienating your loyal customer base, and hurting your bottom line. With the coin boost in place, users are more likely to play the game more often each day. For example, when the coin boost was in place, I know I was logging into the game at least 30 times a day. The same holds true for others. The more people log in to play the game, the more they are likely to buy gold. It's common sense.

If you don't restore the coin boost, and things remain the same - people will tire of the game and simply walk away. It takes too long to get the food needed to level the dragons, which will ultimately turn people away from the game and simply stop playing it. I'd consider myself one of the most loyal players, and the time it would take me to level all the new dragons dissuades me from even logging in. I may end up even dropping the game completely.

Even with coin boost in place, it's going to take a very long time to level the dragons. There is simply no down side to restoring it. The up side, for you, is more people would buy gold so that they can reach a point to build the towers. Your move, Lava.

Garellie14
09-26-12, 01:18 AM
Please TL, if you are gonna keep foliage prices and food prices do high put back the speed boost, it was an amazing feature of this game

pepfs
09-26-12, 01:56 AM
I think the fact that clearing foliage now cost a mere 1 million coins is just pathetic compared to the coin-earning aspects of the 'update'.

kitthecat
09-26-12, 02:26 AM
Is it just me, or any one of u feel that this speed boost was purposely put into the game so that players will buy those building?

How can TL miss out a "bug" as big as the speed boost? It's not a glitch for 1 color habitat, but for ALL the colors, or some thing that hard to detect, like out of sync. As a programmer, I think my boss will sack me if I miss out a huge n obvious bug like this.

I wasn't too keen on those buildings when I read about it,it only increase the capacity of coin( if increase the capacity of dragon, I'll consider). Looking at the price, doing some math, food, clearing fee, feeding fee.... just doesnt worth it. Then, i saw the speed boost on my daughter's game. Oh God! these buildings are great, with these boosts, I can cover all the increased cost. So, I spent about 2mil coins on them.......

My point is, if is not because of the speed boost, will any one be in a hurry to buy them? NOT ME.

mymummy789
09-26-12, 02:30 AM
I don't think I would have been so keen to buy them as I already visit my dragons regularly throughout the day and so increased habitat capacity isn't really necessary. I guess I now have five rather expensive decorative items :D

kitthecat
09-26-12, 02:39 AM
Lol, ya, that's what ppl told me, just treat them as decorations, very expensive one. They do look good, don't they. Lol

lylahmae
09-26-12, 02:44 AM
If you read group magma's posts in the bug threads you would see that the boosts are being fixed not taken away...for IOS that is... we androids get new clearing prices and still get the same old coin levels.

didiljar
09-26-12, 02:58 AM
Nice one Chianti:)
I hope team lava will do something about it:)

ritz131
09-26-12, 03:45 AM
Good luck making TL understand to reason..

patriciabudville
09-26-12, 04:15 AM
You can upgrade past a big habitat? How? Does the big hab have to have no dragons on it?

azychan
09-26-12, 04:26 AM
I can't understand why TL released the new update that have a lot of bugs, glitchs, errors like that

khanine
09-26-12, 05:18 AM
So are you saying that TL took back their coin boosts? SO I EXPANDED THERE FOR NOTHING?!? man this is nuts! They better restore that glitch because I am freaking tired of feeding dragons that require as much food as normal dragons need going into epic level! These light dragons, clean up cost and new food prices are driving me insane!

Chianti
09-26-12, 05:55 AM
If you read group magma's posts in the bug threads you would see that the boosts are being fixed not taken away...for IOS that is... we androids get new clearing prices and still get the same old coin levels.

lylahmae,

After reading my post, do you honestly think I haven't read through other responses? Semantics matter, but in this case it does not. If the coin boost was in fact a "bug", then it stands to reason other aspects of the game were severely overlooked as well. I'm in software development, and a "bug" like that simply does not make it into a production release. If it does, someone gets fired.

Rather, I can GUARANTEE that Lava noticed something they didn't like, and patched it accordingly. This was a server side issue, not client-side (hence why it just "stopped working" without you having to download a patch). They had PLENTY of time to QA the new additions prior to releasing them to the general public. They were definitely aware the boost was in place. It would literally require not playing the game at all to be ignorant to that fact. I'm going to assume that lava plays their games prior to releasing them - I think that's a fair assumption.

Nevertheless, let's play dumb for a moment and assume they didn't know. If that's the case, I can tell you without a moments hesitation that they have absolutely no QA build into their software development cycle. Accordingly, it's reasonable to assume other blatantly obvious aspects were overlooked as well and could be classified as "bugs". The cost of the new food, and the sheer amount of food it takes to level the new dragons, for instance. Without the coin boost, neither make sense, and both could be classified as bugs. Had you read other posts, you'd be equally aware.

GrEEnEyedGoldiE
09-26-12, 05:58 AM
I logged in here today to try to find out why my coin boost disappeared. Thanks for the information. I don't understand how it's really a glitch since it did what it was supposed to do. Was the speed of the boost what the glitch was? I agree I was also logging in more often. Now I'm eager to see what happens when this glitch is fixed!

tooquilos
09-26-12, 06:00 AM
Its been quite acceptable and normal for me to spend 10-20 dollars per week buying gold on this game since I started. Level 51 at the moment - so it been a few months..So Im estimating that I have spent at least $170 during this time. the gold helped make the game more enjoyable by speeding up the breeding and hatching times.
Due to these recent changes Team Lava will not see a single cent from me again. The introduction of the new Light dragons were interesting and exciting prospects of different hybrids but now you have made it so unattainable and ridiculously impossible to maintain the feeding and clearing prices..any pleasure that was first felt has been ****ed. I will continue to have this game on my phone for another week and will check back to see if any rational changes have been made..if not, it will be deleted.
These types of antics from Game Developers arent generally accepted within the gaming community. People move on and find other games to spend their money on.
I was once a loyal supporter of another gaming company but they became greedy and irrational with their decision making and as a result, lost a lot of customers.
You had a good game here with supporters that were not frightened to spend money..shame your accountants make decisions.
I echo Chiantis comments entirely.

FridayFreckled
09-26-12, 09:21 AM
I know I was spending a lot more time in-game with the teaser "bug" in place. Guess I'll go back to more sporadic check-ins. And I don't see ever getting the last boost building. The cost of leveling up the light/white hybrids to epic is just too high without the "bug".

swanhenge
09-26-12, 09:40 AM
clap... clap... clap...

TL has managed to irritate not only us Android players by increasing costs w/o giving us the appropriate earning potential, but now even the lucky iOS players have been duped. Well done Team Lava. It's not often a company can alienate and then... alienate the non-alienated all in one week.

I'm kinda getting to like these guys and gals. Now that we don't have the weekly dragon updates, at least we can anticipate the next poorly planned reconfiguration of the game itself. I love the game and I'm actually becoming somewhat content with the less-than-fair way I have to play. Add on the all the daily drama-rama and TL has created a perfect storm. This is good amusement from a free social game. Well done. Keep up the good work.

saintlover
09-26-12, 10:32 AM
Im really disappointed they removed the coin boost "bug". I finally got the necessary maps to clear the two plots. Paid a TON of coin to purchase 5/6 buildings and now I find out they removed the faster yield of coins. Seriously how are we supposed to keep up with the ridiculous food requirements for the white dragons. I'm essentially coin broke now. I feel duped. While they are nice "decorations" they are absolutely NOT worth what we had to pay to get them and they do not deliver what was originally advertised. Seriously TM, you made a mistake - oh well you should just suck it up and be more careful with your coding next time. There are laws against this sort of practice for tangible goods... so disappointed.

AkumaNeko
09-26-12, 10:36 AM
Totally agree with chianti. I lost my motivation to play this game with all the ridiculous coin prices now. :/

saintlover
09-26-12, 10:37 AM
I have to agree 100%. I am very disappointed!

dragonolic
09-26-12, 10:48 AM
I completely agree as well - I am also in development, and this is definitely not a mistake, and not excusable. As tooquilos says, I was happy about the new version, but am also not playing again until the food requirement changes. As someone who DOESNT have dozens of Epic level dragons, seeing those food levels and knowing I am no where near getting the boosts ---- grr. I've been frustrated with this game for a long time, and I stuck around to see if they fixed it. I thought they had with the new expansion- but I can see I was wrong. There are other companies out there who would appreciate my money and are willing to actually provide entertainment in exchange.

lylahmae,

After reading my post, do you honestly think I haven't read through other responses? Semantics matter, but in this case it does not. If the coin boost was in fact a "bug", then it stands to reason other aspects of the game were severely overlooked as well. I'm in software development, and a "bug" like that simply does not make it into a production release. If it does, someone gets fired.

Rather, I can GUARANTEE that Lava noticed something they didn't like, and patched it accordingly. This was a server side issue, not client-side (hence why it just "stopped working" without you having to download a patch). They had PLENTY of time to QA the new additions prior to releasing them to the general public. They were definitely aware the boost was in place. It would literally require not playing the game at all to be ignorant to that fact. I'm going to assume that lava plays their games prior to releasing them - I think that's a fair assumption.

Nevertheless, let's play dumb for a moment and assume they didn't know. If that's the case, I can tell you without a moments hesitation that they have absolutely no QA build into their software development cycle. Accordingly, it's reasonable to assume other blatantly obvious aspects were overlooked as well and could be classified as "bugs". The cost of the new food, and the sheer amount of food it takes to level the new dragons, for instance. Without the coin boost, neither make sense, and both could be classified as bugs. Had you read other posts, you'd be equally aware.

Its been quite acceptable and normal for me to spend 10-20 dollars per week buying gold on this game since I started. Level 51 at the moment - so it been a few months..So Im estimating that I have spent at least $170 during this time. the gold helped make the game more enjoyable by speeding up the breeding and hatching times.
Due to these recent changes Team Lava will not see a single cent from me again. The introduction of the new Light dragons were interesting and exciting prospects of different hybrids but now you have made it so unattainable and ridiculously impossible to maintain the feeding and clearing prices..any pleasure that was first felt has been ****ed. I will continue to have this game on my phone for another week and will check back to see if any rational changes have been made..if not, it will be deleted.
These types of antics from Game Developers arent generally accepted within the gaming community. People move on and find other games to spend their money on.
I was once a loyal supporter of another gaming company but they became greedy and irrational with their decision making and as a result, lost a lot of customers.
You had a good game here with supporters that were not frightened to spend money..shame your accountants make decisions.
I echo Chiantis comments entirely.

[S8] Elsa
09-26-12, 11:10 AM
A quote from GroupMagma:

Hey guys, I wanted to shed some light on the Light Boost situation. (Pun not originally intended, but I'm keeping it :P ).

We were looking into these boosts, and unfortunately, they seem to be buggy at the moment (except for the White). Currently, they are only designed to increase the capacity of your Dragon habitats; not speed up the rate at which Coins are earned.

We'll be pushing a fix for this shortly, and as a result, many players will see their collection rates go back to the normal levels. The Capacity increases are here to stay though

If you really like the sped up rates, don't worry; there's a decent chance we'll be adding MORE boosts in the future to give you more boosts to your economy. For now, we're sorry about the mix-up!
Please let us know if you have more questions, and we'll answer them as best we can.

chaosbeats
09-26-12, 12:35 PM
The Speed of the coins going up for me has gone back to normal even tho I do have the boosts. Has this happened to anyone else?

kooky panda
09-26-12, 12:37 PM
The Speed of the coins going up for me has gone back to normal even tho I do have the boosts. Has this happened to anyone else?
see post 50

chaosbeats
09-26-12, 05:07 PM
Thank you. I'm gutted that it was a "bug". Don't think I'll be spending anymore money on it.

opanugie
09-27-12, 12:06 AM
everyone who play the dragon story has

opanugie
09-27-12, 12:06 AM
everyone has it

opanugie
09-27-12, 12:09 AM
A quote from GroupMagma:
please don't let us wait for long, the economic running very slow

Chianti
09-27-12, 06:16 AM
A quote from GroupMagma:

PonyRoar,

You say "in the meantime" we can ask any questions we want. So please answer this. If this was a bug, how in the hell did it get past QA? Do you even have a QA division? Person? This type of "glitch" does not make it into production - that is unless you don't play your games at all. I'm going to assume you play your games, so i'm also going to assume you knew of the coin boost.

You realize even with the coin boost in place, people were having trouble keeping up with the cost of feeding the new dragons, right?

What I suggest you do, if you had any business sense whatsoever, is return the coin boost while you "evaluate" the economy, and then act accordingly. If you don't, you'll see more than half your user base go *poof*.

Chianti
09-27-12, 06:38 AM
PonyRoar,

You say "in the meantime" we can ask any questions we want. So please answer this. If this was a bug, how in the hell did it get past QA? Do you even have a QA division? Person? This type of "glitch" does not make it into production - that is unless you don't play your games at all. I'm going to assume you play your games, so i'm also going to assume you knew of the coin boost.

You realize even with the coin boost in place, people were having trouble keeping up with the cost of feeding the new dragons, right?

What I suggest you do, if you had any business sense whatsoever, is return the coin boost while you "evaluate" the economy, and then act accordingly. If you don't, you'll see more than half your user base go *poof*.

Incidentally, I'm not joking about having trouble keeping up with the new economy - EVEN with the coin boost. Let's do the math here. With the feeding levels the way they are now, the only crop that makes any sense to plant are Diamondates. Those are 75 THOUSAND coins per planting... 75 THOUSAND every 5 hours. I wasn't joking about it being an issue to keep up EVEN with coin boost in place. Next, those crops only yield 800 food - which means at max you could look forward to 4800 food per harvest. I believe that's 1 feeding for a level 6 dragon? I forget, honestly - I havent logged in to check.

So what happens? People buy gold to speed up the harvesting process - that makes money for you. The faster they are able to plant the new crops, the more gold they will buy.

You just ****ed your income source! On a serious note, I lead a QA division at a major fortune 500 company... this kind of thing just doesn't slip through. Lava, If you'd like to contact me personally, feel free. Id be happy to do some consulting work for you given that its becoming more and more obvious you have no QA process in place whatsoever.

88Steelers88
09-27-12, 10:42 PM
Did I miss something? Or, has TL still not responded to our frustrations with any clear communication about the supposed 'bug?' We all know it wasn't a 'bug.' It was a decision to not allow that many coins to players after seeing how quickly they were amassing coins. Be honest and then restore the coins. We cannot possibly get enough food to feed the dragons under the current production nor clear expansions. Bummer that hat could have been a great update is being ruined by poor decision making. Remember who the customer is. I won't be kind enough to dialogue about it much longer. I'll just be done.

CoopFizz
09-28-12, 11:01 AM
I spent a lot of money and time building the Eternal Flame, Sunshine Temple, Pantheon Pool, and Flower Egg. When they were first built, all the according habitats made money very rapidly, but now they have stopped doing that. What gives? It was really helpful to get money faster since all the new 'light dragons' require SOOOOO much food. SO MUCH FOOD. But I shrugged it off, because the speedy money made it possible to spend more on the expensive food items. Now that you have 'fixed' the 'bug', money is a huge issue, so I only buy the old slow foods that I can afford, making all the light dragons absolutely ridiculous to evolve.
Solution A) make the light dragons require the same amount of food as all the other dragons, or at least lower the food amounts needed considerably
Solution B) bring back the rapid money-making ability to the various temples
Solution C) Do nothing, and hope we all forget this happened and that we will continue to play DragonStory with jolliness and glee

I'm just saying, the rapid coins were a good thing, not a 'bug' that needed to be 'fixed'. Now I'm annoyed with this game, and have been playing it about 1/10 (if that, honestly) as often as I was when the rapid coins were in place. You should really put the 'bug' back in, it made your game's economy somewhat reasonable and it made the game more fun to play.

Chianti
09-28-12, 11:31 AM
They aren't listening. I gave them the equivalent of a mathematical proof showing that the coin boost would yield them more income (from users buying gold), yet they choose to ignore it? Fantastic business model they have going over there.

[S8] Elsa
09-28-12, 04:01 PM
PonyRoar,

Bugs don't always present themselves when it's convenient. Unfortunately, sometimes they sneak up on you (as anyone with experience running any live game will tell you). The benefit of having live games is that we're able to recognize and fix those bugs as soon as possible.

We're human, we miss things sometimes, and I'm sorry that you're not happy with the bug fix. As GroupMagma mentioned, we may have similar feature in the future if you enjoyed the boost. (:

killbethy
09-28-12, 10:21 PM
Bugs don't always present themselves when it's convenient. Unfortunately, sometimes they sneak up on you (as anyone with experience running any live game will tell you). The benefit of having live games is that we're able to recognize and fix those bugs as soon as possible.

We're human, we miss things sometimes, and I'm sorry that you're not happy with the bug fix. As GroupMagma mentioned, we may have similar feature in the future if you enjoyed the boost. (:

This is CLEARLY not the type of buy that can just "sneak up on you". I could MAYBE believe that statement if the "glitch" was apparent in one of the Boosts, but all of them? Hardly. If so, where was the update needed to fix this glitch? Why was the glitch left, quite literally, for almost the perfect amount of game time to encourage players to BUY them (because of the coin increase), and then just take it away. I'm sure the majority of your active players purchased the Boosts during the "glitch" time period... excellent way to keep people calm about the new absurd feeding levels and target your most active playing audience for gold purchases. The fact that the only Boost this "glitch" did NOT occur in is the Light boost is laughable. Notice that is probably the only Boost no one was able to get... since actually leveling 10 Light type dragons to Epic level takes an astronomical amount of food and would be **** near impossible to do in several days. Do you honestly think that the people playing your games are idiotic enough to believe that you don't test out your "updates" before launching them? Huh. That's funny... because last time I checked, everyone gets a neighbor called "Stormy" in every game. Turns out Stormy is usually close to the maximum level and quite ahead of all "real" players upon the launch of any game. I don't think "Stormy" is waiting for Thursdays to have access to the new updates like the rest of us.

AND WHY PUT THIS FEATURE IN LATER? The DS economy needs it NOW. Do you honestly think peope will have enough coins to purchase ANOTHER 6 boosts with the current costs of food and clearing (not to mention the sheer amount of food it takes to level the new dragons)? Even if someone could get all of the necessary coins for clearing, at the point in which you have cleared anough space to place the current maximum amount habitats, farms, breeding area, nests, and boosts, it takes 3 DAYS for ONE PLOT of land to clear?! Add that to the amount of time to clear things off the plots of land, and you are realistically talking about a minimum of atleast 3 weeks (and that is given the assumption that the clearing time does not go higher than 3 days and that each player has the necessary coins and maps to expand as soon as one spot is finished).

Really though, no argument will EVER make you guys do something differently if you don't want to. From reading the forums of any TL game, it is clear that their biggest problem across the whole board is customer satisfaction.

The decision to change the Boosts in DS back is an absolute no brainer. Many people, like Chianti, have made excellent arguments as to why.. but simply put: there is a demand for them, and you already have the means to supply it. That's as basic as economics gets.

The real question isn't why did this glitch pass or how it happened? It's why hasn't it been restored already (especially in the face of obvious customer disapproval and potential loss of players). If you want people to be satisfied with the ambiguous, non-explanations we have beee given for the removal of the coin increase speed, answer that. Why not put it back? Who does it hurt?

CoopFizz
09-29-12, 10:41 AM
PonyRoar,

Please read this and tell us what you think. I do not want to attack you or team lava, I just want to explain everyone's frustration logically:

A level 7 light dragon requires 3600 food to go up.
3600x5=18,000
A level 8 light dragon requires 4500 food to go up.
4500x5=22,500
A level 9 light dragon requires 15,000 food to go up.
15,000x5=75,000

Now, 75,000+22,500+18,000=115,500

115,500 food to get ONE light dragon to epic form! That's not even including levels 1-6.
And you think we don't need fast money to pay for all that food???

Well then, let's look at that. Each diamond date is $75,000 every 5 hours.
75,000x6=450,000 coins. As previous users mentioned, if they checked DS compulsively every 10 minutes with the 'bug' in place, they could make that much in about an hour. But, as a different commenter wisely pointed out, the rapid coins made the money come in 11x faster. Therefor, we now need to check DS compulsively for 11 hours in order to come up with 500k. That essentially takes diamond dates completely out of the game. It simply renders them economically useless. Same with upgrapes and rushrooms. Too expensive, so the juice isn't worth the squeeze.
I'd also like to point out that even with the 'bug' in place, therefor making diamond dates viable, we would still need to plant diamond dates on all 6 farms about 25 times before being able to feed a light dragon to epic. That's 125 hours of waiting, a little over 5 days. So even with the 'bug' in place, the food requirements are ridiculous. Taking the 'bug' away made that 11 times MORE ridiculous. Literally.

If you don't put the "bug" back or find another way to make the DS economy reasonable quickly (key word quickly), I'll stop playing completely. Loyal DS players (I.e. everyone who cared enough to comment on this thread) do no deserve this.

Ponyroar, is Team Lava going to do anything to make this right? And if so, when? Thanks for your time

sweetstuff525
09-29-12, 10:53 AM
Wow I wonder if we didnt state here that we were gaining money fast.. I think tl would. NEver had known ...since we all can see tl doesn't play their own games.... Next time we should communicate in game walls not here .. When something good happened like thusly money boosts

Chianti
09-29-12, 11:06 AM

PonyRoar, I sincerely do appreciate you keeping up with the form posts, and responding as often as you do. It's customer service like yours that leaves us with any hope whatsoever for this game. Unfortunately, I'm discouraged by your response... it partially implies you aren't reading posts in full, and it fully insults anyone with development experience. A bug like this can only make it i to production if you don't play your game at all. End of story.

This is no matter to "(:" smile about... nor is it about "liking" coin boost or not. And quite frankly, your attempt to "bait" the community by implying something similar may be implemented in the future shows complete disregard for the severity of the situation here.

The economy is completely unsustainable right now, and its driving players away. If you haven't read my posts in full (there are 5 at most) then please, please do, and PLEASE forward them to the appropriate people.If they have any business sense whatsoever, they will heed my advice.

In the interim, have them restore at least a partial increase in coin boost; it doesn't have to be anywhere near the level it was, but even 30% would be better than nothing and avoid mass departure. The time it takes for things to progress in the game (breeding, hatching, planting, etc.), coupled with the cost of clearing foliage, the cost of the new foods, and the sheer amount of food required to level the new dragons is making the game unplayable. I've laid out complete plans to make both the business and the users happy. I hope someone with sense in management actually reads my posts.

Chianti
09-29-12, 12:30 PM
Wow I wonder if we didnt state here that we were gaining money fast.. I think tl would. NEver had known ...since we all can see tl doesn't play their own games.... Next time we should communicate in game walls not here .. When something good happened like thusly money boosts

Sweetstuff, I bet my account on that fact. Had coin boost not been mentioned in these forums, it still wouldn't be "patched"

Chianti
09-30-12, 01:29 PM
PonyRoar,

Please read this and tell us what you think. I do not want to attack you or team lava, I just want to explain everyone's frustration logically:

A level 7 light dragon requires 3600 food to go up.
3600x5=18,000
A level 8 light dragon requires 4500 food to go up.
4500x5=22,500
A level 9 light dragon requires 15,000 food to go up.
15,000x5=75,000

Now, 75,000+22,500+18,000=115,500

115,500 food to get ONE light dragon to epic form! That's not even including levels 1-6.
And you think we don't need fast money to pay for all that food???

Well then, let's look at that. Each diamond date is $75,000 every 5 hours.
75,000x6=450,000 coins. As previous users mentioned, if they checked DS compulsively every 10 minutes with the 'bug' in place, they could make that much in about an hour. But, as a different commenter wisely pointed out, the rapid coins made the money come in 11x faster. Therefor, we now need to check DS compulsively for 11 hours in order to come up with 500k. That essentially takes diamond dates completely out of the game. It simply renders them economically useless. Same with upgrapes and rushrooms. Too expensive, so the juice isn't worth the squeeze.
I'd also like to point out that even with the 'bug' in place, therefor making diamond dates viable, we would still need to plant diamond dates on all 6 farms about 25 times before being able to feed a light dragon to epic. That's 125 hours of waiting, a little over 5 days. So even with the 'bug' in place, the food requirements are ridiculous. Taking the 'bug' away made that 11 times MORE ridiculous. Literally.

If you don't put the "bug" back or find another way to make the DS economy reasonable quickly (key word quickly), I'll stop playing completely. Loyal DS players (I.e. everyone who cared enough to comment on this thread) do no deserve this.

Ponyroar, is Team Lava going to do anything to make this right? And if so, when? Thanks for your time

Great post. I can only hope someone at upper management is reading our deductions. We've put a lot of thought into them; it would be insulting to find that they are falling on deaf ears.

[S8] Elsa
10-01-12, 01:51 PM
@****bethy I understand that you're upset, but the description you provided isn't the case. The boost that increased the amount of coins was a bug in the game. I'm very sorry that we didn't catch it before.

Stormie isn't really a "test" account. He's a virtual neighbor designed to give in game benefits to users. You can visit him, send him parts requests, and sometimes he'll have special decorations so players can visit him for design inspiration.

The change will not be reverted as it was a bug. However, Group Magma mentioned, we may add similar boosts in the game in the future if you enjoyed this particular boost.

@Chianti Didn't mean to offend anyone with the emoticons. I think they add character, but I suppose they don't always translate so well in certain situations.

I will pass on the feedback to the team and be sure to share the posts that include the math, that some users have thoughtfully crafted in their feedback posts. Please continue sharing feedback and let us know how this affects your game and I'll keep passing it along.

the_essence
10-09-12, 01:39 PM
TeamLava,

Seconded!

I don't have enough money to expand on top of waiting for maps, I don't have enough money to feed my dragons, I don't have enough money to buy the now-useless boosts, I don't have enough money to buy habitats. We already have to wait to hatch dragons and build habitats and clear ground, but waiting so long to get the money to do it also? Your target audience is not composed of players who are willing to spend $100s of real dollars on getting gold, it is players who are willing to spend a small sum of money to speed things up because they are impatient. That is where you will find the bulk of your players, and that is how you will maximize profit. No one wants to wait to build things/grow things/breed things AND wait for money, it takes the fun away. Wrong move TL.

killbethy
10-10-12, 04:20 AM
@****bethy I understand that you're upset, but the description you provided isn't the case. The boost that increased the amount of coins was a bug in the game. I'm very sorry that we didn't catch it before.

Stormie isn't really a "test" account. He's a virtual neighbor designed to give in game benefits to users. You can visit him, send him parts requests, and sometimes he'll have special decorations so players can visit him for design inspiration.

The change will not be reverted as it was a bug. However, Group Magma mentioned, we may add similar boosts in the game in the future if you enjoyed this particular boost.

@Chianti Didn't mean to offend anyone with the emoticons. I think they add character, but I suppose they don't always translate so well in certain situations.

I will pass on the feedback to the team and be sure to share the posts that include the math, that some users have thoughtfully crafted in their feedback posts. Please continue sharing feedback and let us know how this affects your game and I'll keep passing it along.

Thanks for the response.

Ah, yes. I know Stormie isn't a test account. I was just using it as an example to show that TeamLava is seeing more than just the code of their finished products. Obvious, I know... TL wouldn't have so many successful apps if you were skipping QCs.

A big part of the issue with this particular bug lies in the circumstances of when it occurred. A major update was just released; an update that, along with the boosts, included an entirely new color/element and subsequently multiple new dragons and an increase in maximum habitats, and the inclusion of the farm upgrades with the increased food options. To top it off, the new dragons require exponentially more food to upgrade. The commonality is that all of these updates required a substantial increase in coins (and income) to really take advantage and enjoy the features of the new update. More expansions were needed to place the new habitats and buildings, they needed to be cleared, the new habitats needed to be bought, and the farms needed to be upgraded in order to really be able to get enough food to level the new dragons.

The game economy was essentially hit with inflation. Almost a bit too conveniently, this habitat boost bug actually made it possible to do get the coins necessary to really start playing New Dawn as soon as it was released instead of having to patiently save their income and wait. With the increased income, the game was still fun and didn't seem like grinding for the coins to level the new dragons. No one likes grinding (well, maybe other types of grinding... but not the one we are talking about here :P ). Dragon Story becomes fun when you are actually breeding new dragons, seeing them change as you feed them, and decorating your park... not just logging in to collect coins on your habitat for two weeks just to be able to afford an expansion so you can actually place a habitat to get new dragons. It makes ****ing boars for a months on an MMORPG seem exciting :-/ .

Bottom line: people needed significantly more coins, and they were provided with a way to get the necessary coins through the boosts. I know in my case, I purchased gold to be able to make room/buy more boosts as soon as I saw the coin increase in the first one I placed, and I wouldn't be surprised if other people did as well. Since there was no announcement in the game that it was a glitch and was in effect for multiple days before disappearing, the results could be pretty damaging to your gameplay. Opting to buy the boosts first, operating under the assumption that the income boost would make progressing through New Dawn quicker and affording the new habitats and farms easier, really tossed a wrench into things. Without the income boost bug, the overhead for the Boosts is so high that it will literally take months of collecting coins at the same frequency to clear it. If you didn't buy the Light habitats first, you now have to wait longer and pay an even higher price for the expansions and clearing since space was wasted on the Boosts (which essentially puts you in Dragon Story debt heh).

Many people have lost money, time, and enjoyment due to this glitch, and it just wasn't even addressed professionally (or addressed at all). As soon as it was noticed there should have been an in-game message addressing the issue and intent to fix it. Instead, it just disappeared several days later with no explanation and wasn't addressed until players began questioning the change in the forums. Dangling the hope that boosts similar to that of the glitch might someday be added to the game seems like a silly diversion tactic for children. If I steal your computer but promise to wrap it up in pretty paper and return it to you on some indefinite future holida, that isn't exactly a present. The "promise" was clearly not thought out either, since as far as actual gameplay is concerned, it's very couter-intuitive. Income boosts best serve their purpose when you actually need that increased income... the later they are introduced, the less useful they become. They are needed when you are still struggling to clear land, upgrade farms, buy habitats and feed dragons... not after you are level and habitat capped and have nothing left to buy but decorations. If anything, it makes more sense to have the first batch of Boosts increase the rate of income and have the second batch increase the maximum amount. ^_^

If nothing can be done in regards to increasing income, I do think that reducing the amount of food required for leveling the Light dragons would be extraordinarily helpful and would make players very, very thankful. If you operate under the assumption that you have 6 (the maximum) farms and are able to make the 450,000 coins necessary to choose the 800 food per hour at 75,000 coins, then you are averaging 920 food/hour at a cost of 90,000 coin/hour. To level a Light dragon from 1 - 10 costs 144,225 food. At that rate, it will take a player just slightly under 157 hours (or 6 1/2 days) at a cost of 14,130,000coin to level ONE light dragon to epic form. To put that into perspective, if you were to buy the necessary food with gold, it would cost approximately $70.00 (requiring 1923 gold). If you were to buy the same amount of coins it costs to produce the food in your own farms, it would cost you approximately $105.00 (requiring 3072 gold). That's really quite excessive... to even finish one of the goals (White Dawn: leveling 10 Light dragons to level 10), it would take a player just shy of 66 days (assuming they have bred 10 Light dragons AND were 100% punctual with the timing on their farms) to complete? Alternatively, they could buy their way to the goal completion for the low cost of $700.00.

Now, even asking a player to collect 450,000 coins every 5 hours is very difficult. With the maximum habitats and collecting twice every 5 hours, I can usually afford the 75,000 coin for 800 food option for 2 - 3 of my farms. For players that collect less frequently, the Eliteleeks are probably the top choice (325 food every 8 hours). At that rate, (244 food/hour at 4125 coin/hour) it will take a player 591 hours or just shy of 25 days at a cost of 2,437,875 coins to level one Light dragon from 1 - 10. That's nearly a month, and logging in those 3 times a day isn't exactly slacking either.

It's reasons like this that the increased income boost was such an amazing feature... it actually made it possible to afford the quicker, more expensive option every 5 hours. As you can see from the above, that difference can add 2 1/2 weeks (19 days) to the amount of time it takes to level one Light dragon. Assuming that one common, rare, and super rare is released for every Light dragon hybrid color combination, there will be a total of 17 Light dragons (15 color hybrids, the Light dragon, and the Angel dragon diamond hybrid). A player that collects one of each of the Light dragons would need approximately 111 days to get enough food to level each dragon at the more expensive, but quicker 800 food/5 hour rate as compared to 425 days or 1 year and 9 weeks at the slower 325 food/8 hour rate. That's a 314 day or 45 week difference in the amout of required time. It's pretty daunting when you think about it.

Chianti
10-11-12, 08:37 AM
I love their games, but based on the math ****bethy worked on in the previous post, it's obvious that in order to play the game in any reasonable fashion, Lava is forcing people to buy gold. The game is free to use, yes. However, as soon as an element is introduced which makes the game nearly impossible to play without purchasing gold, (i.e. the new light dragons) there is grounds for a lawsuit. I sincerely hope Lava understands the severity of the situation here.