PDA

View Full Version : Android Force Close

lylahmae
09-24-12, 06:17 PM
I know the update was supposed to help the force close issue BUT... Every time someone visits my farm I get a force close. There are other times I get force closes but 99% of my issues are when I get a visit from someone. Can tl please fix this? Obviously android is not a priority but it would be nice.

lylahmae
09-24-12, 06:18 PM
**My island...not farm.

[S8] Elsa
09-24-12, 06:22 PM
I know the update was supposed to help the force close issue BUT... Every time someone visits my farm I get a force close. There are other times I get force closes but 99% of my issues are when I get a visit from someone. Can tl please fix this? Obviously android is not a priority but it would be nice.

Thank you for reporting this. Please provide more details as to which actions cause the force close so we can investigate this further.

Please try the basic troubleshooting as well (i.e. reinstall the app).

lylahmae
09-24-12, 06:40 PM
I have done all the normal uninstall, clear cache, restart device stuff. The only thing that stands out is when neighbors visit. This makes visiting others hard because I think it makes your name show up on-the-job community list so people then come to play with your dragons...maybe this is why many people get force closes while visiting their own neighbors. Also when I go to the market which I don't do often, but the market thing is inconsistent I don't always force close at this time. The thing that is consistant is every single time i get a visit i force close, it says out of memory but i am not even close to being out of memory . I have a casio Gz'one commando c771. I saw some other posts about force closes while visiting neighbors and i got this idea i hope it helps.

lylahmae
09-25-12, 02:52 PM
Has anyone else noticed this? Does anybody have an answer to fix it? Hello?

tonguelashing
09-25-12, 05:06 PM
Has anyone else noticed this? Does anybody have an answer to fix it? Hello?

Yes I've noticed it also. In fact the new update is worse. Crahing, or quiting, or restarting much more frequently. I've noted the problems of crashes when people visit also (at least that seems to be a corrilation) which seems to me to be a row locking issue in the back end database or similar type issue. Not sure why the Sam bug wouldn't happen on iOS also, but it may be due to how the android app interfaces with the main server.

lylahmae
09-25-12, 07:00 PM
Yes I've noticed it also. In fact the new update is worse. Crahing, or quiting, or restarting much more frequently. I've noted the problems of crashes when people visit also (at least that seems to be a corrilation) which seems to me to be a row locking issue in the back end database or similar type issue. Not sure why the Sam bug wouldn't happen on iOS also, but it may be due to how the android app interfaces with the main server.

Thank you! I was starting to think it was just me. Now if only tl would fix it!

lylahmae
09-28-12, 05:15 PM
The game is still force closing every time I try to visit. Is anything going to be done?

[S8] Elsa
09-28-12, 05:23 PM
The game is still force closing every time I try to visit. Is anything going to be done?

Does it occur when you visit a specific neighbor, or any neighbor? Are you able to visit Stormie?

lylahmae
09-28-12, 05:34 PM
Does it occur when you visit a specific neighbor, or any neighbor? Are you able to visit Stormie?
All neighbors including stormie, also if someone visits me while I am on. And I have done all the usual fixes on my end multiple times. I have seen others post in discussion that they can only visit a few neighbors and that the update didn't fix the problem like it should have.
Tonite I can only visit one neighbor per force close. It says out of memory which is not true I have 3/4 left both on my phone and sd card. It makes no difference if I am on 3g or Wi-Fi.

tonguelashing
09-28-12, 07:20 PM
There are a LOT of force quit or just plain crash or even restart problems with DS on android. I have an Acer A500 Tablet and it crashes at various times. But I swear, it crashes more when people visit me when I'm on my own island. Kinda like some sort of row locking issue in the backend database (or similar bug).

[S8] Elsa
10-01-12, 11:58 AM
Does this occur only on Dragon Story or on other TL games? For those of you with older devices, please close out background applications to allow more resources for the game. :)

lylahmae
10-01-12, 04:42 PM
This neighbor thing only happens in dragon. I also play farm and while there are a whole other set of problems I have with that game they are not technical. I do make sure everything that can be closed is and I clear all the caches and nothing I do on my end works. I wish some other android players would report their experience so maybe we could solve this.

libbyjoyous
10-01-12, 07:56 PM
I get frequent force close windows on my kindle but if i tap wait instead of force close it skips a sec and then goes again.. and waiting a sec is faster than letting it force close and then reopening.. im not sure if theres and corolation to nbrs visiting because kindle fire dosent get any notifications that a nbr has visited.. so if someone doesnt post on my wall i dont know they visited.. and theres a huuuge delay on sparkles... i have one on my phone too so i can send myself and my best friend gold.. and ill play with my dragons and not see sparkles for hours..
on my android phone the game is unplayable.. it took me thirty min to send two gold and play with my own dragons... cant imagine trying to really play on it cause its sooo slow

lylahmae
10-01-12, 07:59 PM
Thank you

tonguelashing
10-04-12, 01:15 PM
Let me itemize all the places it crashes. These are all intermittent crashes, they don't happen all the time, but it's all the places I've seen it, often during the same few minutes of play. There isn't a time that I play the game that it doesn't crash for one reason or another. It's been this way from the beginning and has never been fixed. Do your developers actually HAVE PHYSICAL ANDROID DEVICES or are they just using the simulator environment?? Seriously. No QA done on this as there is no way on earth a tester of this app would not report it. If you look at the google market, you'll see all kinds of reports of crashes.

1) when I scroll around an island (lock and crash). It happens on my island and it happens on other islands
2) when I'm typing a message on someone's wall
3) upon startup (start the app and it up and dies)
4) when I go visit people. Really annoying if you're visiting someone new and have no link to them otherwise and it up and crashes on you before you can even play them.
5) when I tap to retrieve coins from my habitats
6) Sometimes when it's just sitting there doing nothing
7) when I'm doing something on my island and someone tries to visit me (get this one A LOT)
8) when I tap on a habbitat to 'play' with a dragon
9) When I try to tap to collect food

Additionally, I often cannot scroll to the very top or the very right of the island. Part of the island is obscured from view which is really annoying when someone has habitats in those areas. Note: even this isn't consistent. sometimes I can scroll and see the full details of these areas without issue, but that only happens maybe 1% of the time.

Also, moving items around is really hard at times. I go to move and scroll and end up in a really weird location in sky/water and can't scroll back. For all intents and purposes, it's a blue screen. I have to try to quit and restart, or pull up the main menu, visit someone and come back for it to redraw.

Since my tables uses an nVidia graphics controller, I'd love to see the game use it for drawing so it's faster and smoother.

DaojinWildfire
10-04-12, 02:25 PM
We thoroughly test our games for Android on tons of different devices to ensure they work properly (more info (http://blog.storm8.com/post/24564111515/storm8-in-the-news-how-we-qa-test-for-android)), but since there are hundreds of Android devices out there, it is difficult to test our games on every single Android device that has ever been made.

If you can provide some more information, we can continue to investigate this issue. What Exception Error are you getting? When the game force closes, select Report, then Preview, and scroll down until you see an exception error listed. Please let us know exactly which error you see listed so we can continue to investigate.

Mlb3116
10-04-12, 07:26 PM
I have many force close issues on my droid x also!! I dont understand the techno part of it but I can tell you that anytime I visit a neighbor, try to write on someones wall or invite a neighbor the game force closes.:mad: I also get force closes when I collect coins, feed or send gold but that is less often. The worst is when I am visiting. Many times I can't see complete dragons on my neighbors islands either, I only see a foot or wings!:confused: And my coral dragon has been invisible since it hatched from its egg!!:p I have tried uninstalling the game and/or restarting my device several times, including taking put my battery but it hadn't helped. The force closing is the worst of the issues as sometimes I can't get on or stay on for more than 5 min. And as someone else said its a shame when out happens while visiting other community members before you have even had the chance to play or post!:( My husband has played this game for a while now on his iphone and I was so excited to get it on my android but sometimes I wonder if its even worth all the frustration. I play farm story and pet shop story also and although they force close periodically it is no where near the same. I force close at least once every tim me I play ds!:eek: The only plus is I don't end up with withered crops or sick animals when I do get force closed and can't get on right away!

tonguelashing
10-05-12, 11:01 AM
If you can provide some more information, we can continue to investigate this issue. What Exception Error are you getting? When the game force closes, select Report, then Preview, and scroll down until you see an exception error listed. Please let us know exactly which error you see listed so we can continue to investigate.

I will run a report next time it happens. But often, I don't get the force close dialog, it just up and quits, or restarts. When I do next get the actual "force close" I'll run a report and send it in. As I said, I'm on an Acer Iconiatab A500 currently running Android 3.1, but I plan on updating to ICS this weekend.

coecoex5
10-05-12, 07:49 PM
I have reported to TL & on the bugs feedback forum for serious issues with the game restarting & not starting at all. I have an Android. I downloaded yesterday for a goal in bakery story & right off the bat the game would freeze & restart over & over & over again. Made it time consuming & frustrating to play! I got another goal on bakery to get to level 9 so I went & endured the agony of getting there including spending real money on gold to level up. Finally got enough xp to level up & froze & restarted EVERY time it tried to level up to 9 with the hatching if a dragon. So I gained xp slower planting harvesting & feeding dragons & leveled up to 9 finally! Other than the restart issues I was getting into the game & was willing to continue IF they fixed the issue I was having. Bakery gave ANOTHER goal to get to level 12. Stupid me went back to play & got to level 10 before it crashed & hasn't run since. I have closed all other apps, restarted my phone, uninstall, reinstall, clear cache, moved to SD & it still won't work. I get a glimpse of my island then it pops up I leveled up to level 9 & boom crash done. Again I have reported & I am so frustrated with TL! I lost over 20 gems in bakery ( they disappeared one day) reported that & was told they don't credit gems. How is it a credit if their system took them?! I got nothing in return! The prices of ANYTHING TL is ridiculous! I play pet shop story as well & to complete a goal you need 149 gems times 4. Which equates out somewhere around $100! With force close issues too why would people continue playing?! I await & challenge ANYONE to help fix this ds issue. And I would LOVE to see TL reduce prices & I will continue playing & spending $

galactus69
10-05-12, 08:47 PM
My force closes (samsung galaxy tab 2 10) occur when the network connection is lost/restoring when I open the game. I open it up after leaving it for ages (switch to it), collect the cash and either the sync message appears or it force closes.

tonguelashing
10-08-12, 10:37 AM
Sent in 3 reports this morning.

[S8] Elsa
10-08-12, 01:29 PM
Sent in 3 reports this morning.

Please let us know what those errors are so we can investigate this further. :)

twinklerox
10-08-12, 01:38 PM
I have had difficulties transferring the game's progress from Dragon Story and Dragon story New dawn. Is it a bug, or what should I do? Plus breeding may take a couple of tries to get the dragons breeding, ( wont show visual ). Pls HELP

kooky panda
10-08-12, 02:22 PM
I have had difficulties transferring the game's progress from Dragon Story and Dragon story New dawn. Is it a bug, or what should I do? Plus breeding may take a couple of tries to get the dragons breeding, ( wont show visual ). Pls HELP
If you are in one game, there is a delay if you switch to the other game. Force close out the game, then go into it.

Dracosia
10-14-12, 09:33 PM
LG Hub e510
Random freezes and crashes, does not matter whether via GPRS (seems more stable, but loads slooooooow), HSPA or WLAN+VDSL25M
Mainly crashes when many entities have to be reloaded. Crashes on huge sized islands.

lylahmae
10-15-12, 05:52 PM
This got a little better for a while but today was bad.

jessiboo_xoxo
10-15-12, 07:23 PM
Mine force close when I click on get started with down with anti. I wanna it fixed. Someone help plz

iSleepyPanda
10-18-12, 05:27 PM
We thoroughly test our games for Android on tons of different devices to ensure they work properly (more info (http://blog.storm8.com/post/24564111515/storm8-in-the-news-how-we-qa-test-for-android)), but since there are hundreds of Android devices out there, it is difficult to test our games on every single Android device that has ever been made.

It's really hard for me to believe with the 30 - 50 Android devices (low - high end), your QA team is unable to reproduce this bug. This is a high bug, and from my own experience working in QA, a tester would have already jumped on this and submitted it as a bug.

There have been numerous reports on the force close bug and details from users have been submitted. At the very least, you would think someone would have purchased one of the phone listed in several posts if the phone was not already on hand in order to reproduce this bug.

Please state the real answer to either of these questions, are you unable to reproduce this bug (CNR) or you can reproduce it but will not fix it (WNF)?

Thanks

mattyboo1
10-18-12, 05:29 PM
And there are 3 iOS and tons if android phones

iSleepyPanda
10-18-12, 05:37 PM
There is a broad spectrum of Android phones with the force close issue. Enough to reproduce a bug on the QA side. Choose one of the reported phones to reproduce the bug and address it.
I could understand if this was isolated with older or low end Android phones but the force close issues have affected a wider range of Android phones. Enough to say it happens on all exes. You can reproduce the bug on the most popular/used Android phones and address the issue. If there is no support on older or low end Android phones then state so.

nmishii
10-18-12, 05:47 PM
I am on a Samsung EPIC 4G (Galaxy S). I haven't force closed yet, but my phone freezes and I have to remove the battery to restart. It also shuts down the phone when unattended for a short period. I didn't pay attention to what I was doing, but it freezes on my island, not other player's islands. I believe I am moving items.

I see this on dragon story, not farm, rs, or bs. I am at Level 16 and so I don't have much, unlike my other games where I am at a high level and fully or nearly fully expanded.

MomsHouseofSweets
10-19-12, 05:07 PM
My DS version is 1.0.5.4, which I've been told is current. I am being plagued with not only Force Close again and again (many, many, many times), but my game closes and I have to click to reopen it. I've had a Force Close 3 times one right after another and this has happened more than once. Between the FC and the game closing, it's difficult to get anything done with my game.

These FCs and game closings are not following any type of pattern, but happens regardless of what I'm doing, be it playing with neighbors dragons, gifting, in the process of trying to breed 2 dragons, hatch an egg, purchase ... doesn't matter what I'm doing ... I'll get an FC and or the game just closes. I have done everything that has ever been suggested, such as restarting, deleting the game and reinstalling ... everything. DS isn't the only game, as I play BS also and it does the same thing, with the addition of suddenly having the "streets" go black and the game acting as though it's out of sync.

None of the above happens every now and then, but nearly constantly.

wysemama
10-19-12, 09:12 PM
My android Motorola Droid is doing the same thing. Every time I try to visit neighbors or from news list it force closes. Have followed all instruction to fix but not fixing. I was having the same issue on Bakery Story so bad that I uninsalled it and have not reinstalled yet.

MomsHouseofSweets
10-20-12, 11:21 AM
I have no games running in the background. So far, in less than 45 minutes, there have been 2 FCs, 8 crashes ... another one, so make that 9 ... and several freezes. There have been times when I was hit with an FC, opened the game, was hit with an immediate FC, re-opened the game and was hit with an FC yet again. Then another crash. Still doesn't matter what I'm doing while playing and this is a "good" morning so far. LOL

Another problem and I'll address this again in another post elsewhere, is the long loading times for DS, BS and RS. The beginning loading time, when the game first loads is 30 sec. Longest loading times of anything I do on my tablet, regardless of heavy immages.

MomsHouseofSweets
10-24-12, 06:52 PM
I have a question about all these FCs ... we're given the option of sending what we were doing or what ever, when the FC occurs. What exactly does this "do"? Does anyone or a group of individuals see these reports? I have sent in so many that I couldn't begin to say how many. Just wondered if it was worth the time to "report".

FCs and crashes are a major part of my Dragon Story day. It doesn't matter what time of day or what I'm doing. I have done everything suggested more than a dozen times, but still, they continue. There's also a very long loading time ... 30 seconds at the least amount of time. That along with all the FCs and crashes ... takes a rather large bite of playing time.

Marcellamarceau
10-25-12, 06:29 AM
This has been happening on my droid x2 to the point it tries to boot but never gets there. I can't play AT ALL now...please help!

doobert
10-26-12, 07:33 AM
My Droid X2 force closes EVERY time someone plays with my Dragons, or when I Delete a message from my wall. In the past 2 hours it has force closed 18 times...and I'm not exaggerating that number at all.

MomsHouseofSweets
10-26-12, 07:00 PM
I am still plagued with Force Closings and my game (BS) restarting again. again and again. I have done all that has been suggested ... Closing game, restarting game, Force Closing game, deleting and reinstalling. I've used the Halloween Edition, but was plagued, so I switched back to the reglar BS. Nothing helps. Very frustrating. I have the current version of BS and other TL games which do the same thing. No, there are no games running in the background.

Now, I'm experiencing something new. I put 26 Potions in beverage makers (in between FCs and closings), waited the required time, took them off and they were placed on counters or so I thought. Not so sure about that, because I've done 26 Potions three times, but the coins for having done so, haven't shown up! That's a lot of coins when Potion takes 4,640 to make them once! So, I'm out a lot of coins for having made Potion!

The FCs and closings aren't new, but have been going on for weeks. Something is causing this problem. I've already reported it to Support, but ... well ... heard nothing. I've already told TL that I've had my device checked out twice, AT&T has been to my house twice, the connection and towers were checked as well. The problem isn't on my end.

I've also asked if anyone see the "reports" that are sent when a Force Close happens. Is it read, logged or just ignored? Can't tell you how many times I've reported it, but nothing happens.

I have no way of knowing if this is a problem that we Androids have to suffer through or if others experience it also. Either way, there's a problem and if it's not on our end, that only leaves TL. I enjoy my games, but sure not much now, when they're constantly going into FC and closing! It's not just BS, but DS also and I've heard other TL games as well, but don't know that for sure, as I don't play those games. Anyway, the problems are frustrating and irritating.

mattyboo1
10-26-12, 07:03 PM
I am still plagued with Force Closings and my game (BS) restarting again. again and again. I have done all that has been suggested ... Closing game, restarting game, Force Closing game, deleting and reinstalling. I've used the Halloween Edition, but was plagued, so I switched back to the reglar BS. Nothing helps. Very frustrating. I have the current version of BS and other TL games which do the same thing. No, there are no games running in the background.

Now, I'm experiencing something new. I put 26 Potions in beverage makers (in between FCs and closings), waited the required time, took them off and they were placed on counters or so I thought. Not so sure about that, because I've done 26 Potions three times, but the coins for having done so, haven't shown up! That's a lot of coins when Potion takes 4,640 to make them once! So, I'm out a lot of coins for having made Potion!

The FCs and closings aren't new, but have been going on for weeks. Something is causing this problem. I've already reported it to Support, but ... well ... heard nothing. I've already told TL that I've had my device checked out twice, AT&T has been to my house twice, the connection and towers were checked as well. The problem isn't on my end.

I've also asked if anyone see the "reports" that are sent when a Force Close happens. Is it read, logged or just ignored? Can't tell you how many times I've reported it, but nothing happens.

I have no way of knowing if this is a problem that we Androids have to suffer through or if others experience it also. Either way, there's a problem and if it's not on our end, that only leaves TL. I enjoy my games, but sure not much now, when they're constantly going into FC and closing! It's not just BS, but DS also and I've heard other TL games as well, but don't know that for sure, as I don't play those games. Anyway, the problems are frustrating and irritating.
You could email support@teamlava.com

MomsHouseofSweets
10-26-12, 07:47 PM
I did, mattyboo1, several days ago. No word.

MomsHouseofSweets
10-27-12, 01:54 PM
I'm going to send another email to Support. This time, about the all the Potions I prepared and served, but never received credit (coins & stars) for. I plan to mention all the FCs and crashing as well.

MomsHouseofSweets
10-28-12, 07:41 AM
I let all my neighbors know that I was having problems with BS, but was still there. So difficult to play when your game is FCing and closing all the time. Maybe they won't delete me.

MomsHouseofSweets
10-28-12, 07:42 AM
My Dragon Story does it also, but not quite as often as BS.

suesfarmm
10-29-12, 11:50 AM
My game force closes every time I send map requests. Or post on someone's wall. Also whenever someone visits me. This slows the game down quite a bit. Please pray for our nbrs effected by hurricane Sandy. Thank you, A great Escape. I D suesfarmm. 4 * player.

Rainstar76
10-30-12, 08:00 AM
I find that mine force closes mainly when I'm browsing through the market, particularly when looking at the different dragons and when I visit more than 4 or 5 neighbors in a row. I have tried clearing the phone's cache, uninstalling/reinstalling the game, rebooting the phone, etc. It still has the same problems.

I'm using a Motorola Droid Pro (Android version 2.3.3) and the latest version of Dragon Story (1.0.5.4). Next time it happens, I'll hit report and see what the Exception error is specifically. I don't have this problem with any of the other Story games I play (Bakery, Restaurant, Farm, and Fashion), only with Dragon Story. It's very frustrating since it makes it difficult to visit my neighbors and/or try to purchase any dragons.

Thanks!

MomsHouseofSweets
10-30-12, 11:55 AM
I'm still experiencing a LOT of crashing and FCs. I've finally given up and accepted what appears to be the fact that, the games I play (BS & DS) are plagued with FCs and crashing. All I can do, as I've done everything else many times, is try to play when the games allow me to. I have raised and am flying the white flag.

doobert
11-01-12, 04:59 AM
I have not been able to open BS for about 24 hrs now (Droid X2).....so I have no chance of getting the LE dragons, wish TL would get off their lazy rears and do something about it. Its awesome when you spend money on gold...and cant even use it because TL doesnt care that you cant play it once they have your money...Bravo TL!!!!

NewAge888
11-07-12, 10:13 AM
Well said, iSleepyPanda.

Sefyre
11-10-12, 11:55 PM
I'm on iOS (granted, an older iOS) and I have the force-close problem myself and it is a CONSTANT thing that happens every single time I open the game to play and no amount of troubleshooting helps it. I was hoping this last update would help improve this, but definitely not and now it's WORSE and the game has a 50-50 chance of crashing every single time I try visiting someone.

sweettooth6
11-18-12, 05:47 PM
I've struggled with force closing on my Droid X with Bakery Story for well over a year. I feel like it's actually worse with Dragon Story and none of the tech suggestions help for either game. In Dragon Story, I can't really identify patterns as to when it closes, except for when I add neighbors. It always takes 2-3 tries (with force closings) to add a single neighbor.

hai27
02-13-13, 02:47 AM
So... I'm having major force closing issues on Motorola RAZR for Dragon Story. I've tried everything from reinstalling the app to getting a new phone. At first I thought it was my phonce since no matter what I did (closed EVERY other app) to restarting my phone, it would simply force close. I swear I literally cannot play for over a minute without it force closing on me. So I got another Motorola RAZR, and transferred my account, and guess what? It force closes all the time. I will provide a list of when it force closes.
1) When I visit someone's island.
2) When I try to post on someone's wall. (Fails 100% of the time on higher levels, and about 50% of the time on levels under 20.) And I'm being serious on the 100% time. I have not been able to post on a high level's wall in months.
3) Request for Maps. (Most annoying thing ever because I have over 800 neighbors, and I have to reclick all of them) A "select all" function would be nice. It's gotten to the point where I just don't request for maps.
4) Collecting coins.
5) Accepting/Sending Gold. (It happens at least once when I send gold, even if it's just one person at a time.
6) Upon start up, it will force close
7) When I'm doing NOTHING.
8) When I click on "market" or on "menu"
9) When I try to look at my profile or wall.
10) When I exit the game.
11) When I zoom in and out
12) When I eat a sandwich! (It's honestly that ridiculous that I had to throw this on there to mock it.)

All of these happen all the time. My exception class name is java.lang.OutOfMemoryError. I don't understand how I would be out of memory since I am not running anything besides the game. Iv'e cleared all my memory, and like I said, even got a new phone. I've noticed on the Android Market that most RAZR users give a bad rating to the game because it force closes all the time. When I look at the Galaxy S3 users, almost none report any force closing issues. Could it be because Dragon Story works better on Jelly Bean than Ice Cream Sandwich?

I love this game and want to continue playing, but this force closing is getting annoying.

Cutbow
02-18-13, 04:37 PM
I'm feeling guilty! Keep getting map requests from neighbors, and for last 2 days when i try to accept and send, DSV edition crashes on my Android LG Lucid. I've tried closing apps, deleting and reinstalling DSV, but that didn't help. When I reopen DS, there isn't a gump to reattempt sending maps either. Anyone else with this issue? And yes, I've emailed support, but it's a holiday!

kking0511
02-23-13, 08:39 AM
I am in love with the Dragon Story game and now my husband decided he would like to play. He has set up his game and was only able to play long enough to get his first goal accomplishment. It force closed at this point and will not reopen. It does load to open and the force closes automatically. We have tried all options that were given with no help. Please help us out. This is the 2nd time I have posted on the forum and I have also email TeamLava. This has been since the beginning of February and have not received any resolving ideas. Phone version: Motorola Android 2.3.4. Game version: 1.0.5.4 Storm8 ID:bking0108 My Storm8 ID: kking0511

sunshineniebs
03-21-13, 06:59 AM
Good day all!

I think my force close issues were resolved with reinstalling the app. Just did it and it didnt close when I visited the one friend I know it happened with every time. Could always visit Stormie. It only happened when I visited a handfull of my friends, specific ones but only like 5 or so or with friends with very high level with lots to load. Didnt notice if it did it at other times.

dibz1957
09-22-13, 11:39 AM
Dragon Story crashes on my Android constantly, everything I do causes crash (plant on farm more than 6 times, crash, can't visit more than 2neighbors, crash, can't gift to my whole list of neighbors, crash, can't request materials from my whole list, crash, can't do anything for more than 5 minutes, crash. I have reinstalled at least twice, I stop all processes and clear cache before starting but nothing has helped :(

dibz1957
09-22-13, 11:43 AM
hai27 has best post, says it all

Disel8
09-22-13, 12:16 PM
Thank you for reporting this. Please provide more details as to which actions cause the force close so we can investigate this further.

Please try the basic troubleshooting as well (i.e. reinstall the app).

How many times do Android users have to provide details, I and many many more players have provided details but nothing has changed!
When is TL going to put some time into Android?Its like we have been put on the back self until a later date!

dibz1957
10-05-13, 08:48 AM
I still can't gift without crashing, still can't accept or send material requests without crashing, excepting new neighbor?s cause?s crash
I don't even try to visit anymore, it's too painful, and now I can't trade gold for cash to buy a rainbow habitat for my rainbow dragon, will my egg stay indefinitely? CRASH! I will probably end up quitting this one

Lorgalis
10-05-13, 10:03 AM
In my case the situation slowly deteriorates. The higher I am myself in Lvl. and with number of dragons on my island the more often the Game closes. It started around lvl 70 or so, now I am lvl 99. Visiting one Neighbor or from the community with the same level is still possible, but only one. After that: Game over. Visiting 1 - 80 lvl islands only postpone it. I stated earlier that I am sure that is a memory-management problem not resolved until now. Reading the report always states "Out of Memory".

I wonder when this issue get me like hai27.

I pay your bills, TL. Invest that what I pay into a debugging procedure and a new version for Android, it is urgently needed. Game performance is vital for success.

Lorgalis
10-06-13, 02:48 PM
Here it goes, point three on the list emerged today. This was quick. Wondering which is coming next.

mityaj
10-07-13, 04:59 PM
Android version of Dragon Story crashes all the time, and it has been like that forever. Poor memory management in the app has not been addressed. The application needs major upgrade in order to be usable. Other TL games seem to be better.

Lorgalis
10-08-13, 01:38 AM
I wonder why it is possible that such an issue can be solved in the iOS-version within days, and at Android this takes months. Could someone from the Developers please give an answer to this riddle? This is not too much to ask.

pineysue
10-08-13, 07:03 AM
I've had a ticket in with TL support about these same issues.
I've done everything they've suggested and still no better.
Reading thru these posts and seeing that the force close issue has been a problem for over a year now doesn't give me much hope.
I have no problems with my other games. I don't want to have to quit dragon story because TL hasn't found a true fix to the force close problem. A lot of people have spent a ton of money on DS. It's a shame that it doesn't feel like TL is giving us any real help in return as a thank you for all the money we've spent.

Lorgalis
10-09-13, 08:38 AM
Yes, it does not feel really good to see how quick such things are fixed at iOS and the lack of any fix here with Android.

If it is right what Mod said, that Developers actually have a look in the Board here - I can only take some educated guesses why this situation does not change over more then one year. I do not repeat them, the closed thread sums up my thoughts on this.

Obviously all dragons are kept in the Cache-File, instead of creating a small Database separately for storing them (which is quick as a Cache to get datas from). The Cache soon is really large and the OoM Error appears, the more Cache is reserved by the Mobile, the later this happens.

The last Update in August did not change anything, as all the others before also did not change this problem.

Maybe a different approach on Memory-Management would be a good idea.

Hope dies last - and with long pains.

Lorgalis
10-15-13, 12:07 AM
Unfortunately the Halloween Edition changed nothing in this issue, no Software fixes for Andoid, still the old version - I just experience slowly all the points now with Halloween. Nothing unexpected, but sad.

Lorgalis
10-16-13, 12:54 AM
Curiosity had me yesternight. After a Forceshutdown with the usual "Out of Memory" Report I checked: roughly 46 MB DS Game, 105 MB Cache at a total of free Cache of the Mobile: 274 MB. 123 MB are still free when the Game shutdown happens, asuming the 46 MB are put into Cache, too. Otherwise the total of free space left is 169 MB. Any suggestion why the report itself is false?