PDA

View Full Version : Neighbour city bonus/sparkles...

nmid
09-24-12, 11:34 AM
When I visit my neighbours, why am I shown only three options to ring the bell?

I don't mind really, seeing it cates less strain on my device etc etc...but why is the selection generally the worst of the pick?

I've seen residences been selected by the game engine while biz/better residences with higher payout have been dimmed out..

I click them myself and see them sparkle up and my 1/3 help go down.

To paraphrase, the game should select the highest payout buildings to highlight.

nmid
09-24-12, 11:35 AM
Cates = creates

slpecoraro
09-26-12, 01:30 PM
Even though they put the doorbell over random buildings, you can tap any building that hasn't already been tapped (no sparkles). I don't collect at all from many of my buildings because so many don't know the best buildings to tap. So I just collect from the buildings I want nbrs/visiters to tap.. :)

slpecoraro
09-26-12, 01:32 PM
Another thing, if you see a factory thats turned brown, or a factory just not operating that means their goods are expiring/expired. You can tap that instead of a building and it will retore the goods for that person. Stormy's City has two like this all the time. I think just so people can learn that part of the game.

nmid
09-26-12, 02:29 PM
Another thing, if you see a factory thats turned brown, or a factory just not operating that means their goods are expiring/expired. You can tap that instead of a building and it will retore the goods for that person. Stormy's City has two like this all the time. I think just so people can learn that part of the game.

Good tip. I figured it out yesterday when heping out one of my 250+ neighbours (xd) and thus, when my contracts expire, I wait and ask an online neighbour to help me out :)

Ps - yes, I know we can click on other buildings too, that's why I made the OP, but the pain is in locating those buildings and resisting the urge to click the nice shiny (but stupidly placed) doorbells that the game engine puts up..

Thanks for sharing though for all the others, who do take the effort on coming onto the forum.

KadeeDid
09-26-12, 02:41 PM

thanks! I had no idea that we could tap other buildings or tap expired goods! What are best buildings to tap? What are best buildings to have?

slpecoraro
09-26-12, 02:57 PM
Well, of the ones I own, the donut shop is good because it pays $120 every 5 minutes but only takes 10 goods. But I especially like when my department store, gas station and skyview restaurant get tipped. You can go through the list of businesses and see which pay out the most, it really helps when those are tipped. There are way better than the ones I have but I've been focusing more on expanding just now. Oh, also when you collect from community buildings you often times get energy along with money. I don't know yet whether when you get it or not has to do with if it's been tapped. I bet someone in the forums has posted or made a list of what buildings when tapped pay out what..:)

slpecoraro
09-26-12, 03:42 PM
thanks! I had no idea that we could tap other buildings or tap expired goods! What are best buildings to tap? What are best buildings to have?
KadeeDid, I'm sorry! I must have read your original post quickly or skimmed it. And I agree, the top paying buildings should be the ones pointed out by the doorbell. Who knows what goes on in the minds of game developers, I just know most days their making me feel a bit crazy over one thing or another..lol

KadeeDid
09-26-12, 05:25 PM
KadeeDid, I'm sorry! I must have read your original post quickly or skimmed it. And I agree, the top paying buildings should be the ones pointed out by the doorbell. Who knows what goes on in the minds of game developers, I just know most days their making me feel a bit crazy over one thing or another..lol

I thought that the doorbell ones were the one we had to tap! why put those doorbells there if there are better ones? I will try to be a better neighbour and tap other buildings. can we just tap 3 or merrily tap away?

nmid
09-28-12, 01:39 AM
The limit is only 3 per neighbour city :)

benbever
10-01-12, 07:04 AM
I always try to click the best shops, or highest yielding buildings, or broken industry. Except when most of the city is already sparkling, then I'll search for the doorbell buildings the game suggests.

house0fjoy
02-27-13, 03:54 AM
When do bldgs become 'full' and nbrs can't tap, please? Do bldgs get 'full' when I don't have energy to collect existing coins or when I don't have enough goods to replenish bldgs?

Appreciate some guidance, just started playing last week. Thank you