PDA

View Full Version : Proposed Changes to the Energy Requirements

maguar
09-23-12, 06:28 PM
I understand that one of the main reasons why there is energy in this game is to prevent people from levelling up too quickly. No issue with that as I want to be able to enjoy the game for a long time. However the current energy system is really impacting on my enjoyment. Rather than just complaining I've put together a suggestion for how the energy requirements could be changed.

Buildings

The amount of each building/type is limited by your level
The bonus from people helping out is small ? currently under $30

Resource Buildings

You can only collect every 4 hours
You can only store 99 of each item in your Inventory
The amount of money you get for instead of items that have reached the cap is small - $10-30

PROPOSAL ? Remove the energy requirement for collecting from Resource Buildings

Town Buildings

Each building has a certain collection time

PROPOSAL ? Either increase the collection time on Farmhouses and Market Places (in particular) or decrease their income AND remove the energy requirement for collecting from Town Buildings

Royal Buildings

Each building has a certain collection time

PROPOSAL ? Remove the energy requirement for collecting from Resource Buildings

Crafting Buildings
At this stage leave as is

Crops

The changes above will actually allow us to harvest more crops
Once we have hit the limit in our Inventory we would only be harvesting for money and for monsters

You could look at increasing the time for crops to grow or decreasing the money from them

Nature

The changes above will actually allow us to collect from more plants and animals
This will allow us to get the items needed for crafting other items
Once we hit the limit in our Inventory we would only be harvesting for money ? I'm assuming it's only $10-30

You could look at increasing the regeneration time for plants and Animals

Monsters

At the moment it takes a lot of energy harvesting crops etc in the hope of getting a monster
It then takes 3 energy to defeat the monster

PROPOSAL ? Allow us to buy a Forest Portal. Clicking on it will take us to a forest screen where we can fight a random monster. It will still take energy to defeat the monster

I don?t think that the changes above will dramatically increase our money. What it will do is allow us to collect items for crafting, build buildings that require crafted items, visit neighbours and actually be able to help them out because their buildings are cleared. Personally I think this will make the game more enjoyable.

333paddington
09-24-12, 01:11 AM
Great miss maguar, I just want to say that if TL removed the energy bar totally I would play this game.

I like to play when I want to play and sometimes put aside a few hours to enjoy a game, the energy bar limits my play to less than a minute, so therefore, not enjoyable for me.

Please take away the energy bar, I thought you had learned your lesson from zoo story 1.

maguar
09-24-12, 03:17 AM
Thanks paddington. I agree it would be my preference to remove energy. I don't think they will so I wanted to get a conversation going about how we could change the system to allow us to do more stuff.

greygull
09-24-12, 09:37 AM
These are wonderful suggestions maguar! I'll make sure to pass them along to the CMs :)

maguar
09-25-12, 01:54 AM
Thanks greygull :)

Just noticed that the cap on the inventory appears to have been lifted so that's great.

maguar
09-25-12, 02:10 AM
False alarm on my post above. It credits you with the items then takes them away. So no items and no $.

MHz_
09-25-12, 01:17 PM
You generally will always get coins when you're at the inventory limit. If you aren't let me know and I'll make sure someone looks into it.

As for your main post.. I can tell you that we're closely monitoring the issue of energy and are working on solutions that will make players and us happy. The likely outcome will be us adding the opportunity of earning energy through ****ing monsters, and collecting/tending/clearing/harvesting in the game. As we add these in, I'll do what I can to update you all.

Nettis02
10-04-12, 03:23 AM
First I've got 2 say: You've done a great job creating an awesome game!
The idea isn't new but this is the cutest of those games that I've played and by far my total favorite story game... (well, I'm an old fashion story addict as well... don't know what 2 do when I get 2 lvl 99! A piece of me will die! ;) )

Right, nuff with the sweet talk.... ;)
I know that by visiting neighbors u'll get up to 10 extra energy. That's great but would be more effective if increased to... Let us say 15..? 20? Then i think we would stay longer in the game, visiting each other a lot more etc. Or... If u, as suggested, add the opportunity to earn energy by ****ing monsters etc. Why not a combo? Very randomized and spread out, ofcourse, so it won't be too easy.
If we r given more opportunities to earn energy, it wouldn't be easy 4 us 2 get tired of the game, feeling it is impossible/2 hard 2 lvl up and build ur kingdoms. And with possibilities 2 earn energy... Don't set the limit 2 low. O_o
For me personally, I got fed up with city story because of the limit of 30 energy. I felt I couldn't do anything, so what's the point...
Plz don't do the same "mistake" with this game. It has started out so well, and I personally really, really don't want to get frustrated playing this, over all, fun game.

// Nettie Swede

MHz_
10-04-12, 04:45 AM
First I've got 2 say: You've done a great job creating an awesome game!
The idea isn't new but this is the cutest of those games that I've played and by far my total favorite story game... (well, I'm an old fashion story addict as well... don't know what 2 do when I get 2 lvl 99! A piece of me will die! ;) )

Right, nuff with the sweet talk.... ;)
I know that by visiting neighbors u'll get up to 10 extra energy. That's great but would be more effective if increased to... Let us say 15..? 20? Then i think we would stay longer in the game, visiting each other a lot more etc. Or... If u, as suggested, add the opportunity to earn energy by ****ing monsters etc. Why not a combo? Very randomized and spread out, ofcourse, so it won't be too easy.
If we r given more opportunities to earn energy, it wouldn't be easy 4 us 2 get tired of the game, feeling it is impossible/2 hard 2 lvl up and build ur kingdoms. And with possibilities 2 earn energy... Don't set the limit 2 low. O_o
For me personally, I got fed up with city story because of the limit of 30 energy. I felt I couldn't do anything, so what's the point...
Plz don't do the same "mistake" with this game. It has started out so well, and I personally really, really don't want to get frustrated playing this, over all, fun game.

// Nettie Swede

We're exploring lots of ways to give players the opportunity to earn free energy. Castle Adventures for example will reward you with energy when completed. Attacking/****ing monsters will as well. There's a few other things we're exploring behind the scenes (and that we're testing with a small set of users) which I"ll be able to get into more detail about in the near future.

For now, just remember that even at a cap of 30 energy, you'll be able to come back and play every hour, which hopefully will allow you to always make some forward progress.

Thanks for the continued feedback, we're committed to making this game enjoyable for everyone :)

Classic70
10-10-12, 02:06 PM
We're exploring lots of ways to give players the opportunity to earn free energy. Castle Adventures for example will reward you with energy when completed. Attacking/****ing monsters will as well. There's a few other things we're exploring behind the scenes (and that we're testing with a small set of users) which I"ll be able to get into more detail about in the near future.

For now, just remember that even at a cap of 30 energy, you'll be able to come back and play every hour, which hopefully will allow you to always make some forward progress.

Thanks for the continued feedback, we're committed to making this game enjoyable for everyone :)

I am one of the lucky players who have an energy cap of 40 and even with that it is impossible to get everything done. Especially when I am building a new building I run out of energy and cannot collect on all my buildings and have to stop growing crops. Even when I am not building anything I have had to stop collecting on plants, animals etc. most of the time because I run out of energy too quickly. With 40 energy the game however is still enjoyable. If I was back at 30 I could hardly get on and would probably fast lose interest as I did with City Story Metro where there is just no point in bulding more 'cause there is not nearly enough energy to collect or enough goods to supply businesses. I do really like Castle Story. It looks great and is enjoyable. I sure hope the fun does not get spoiled...

PricelessShell
04-22-14, 02:42 AM
Maguar... Awesome suggestions and excellent detailed explanation. I'm with you!

MHz... So happy to hear something is going to be improved upon with energy. Thank you! Please keep us updated!

I do have an additional suggestion. Increase inventory levels. This is a big one for me. Maybe increase inventory levels and allow us an additional 3 gifts a day to gift from our own inventory. This way we can help out our fellow neighbors when we have extra inventory. So it gifting would remain the same as far as the 3 gifts we can give per day that are NOT out of our inventory and then 3 more optional that we can gift from our inventory.

LadyLolepere
05-01-14, 08:52 AM
I've sent in two requests requesting that my energy bar reflect the 50 energy points that are supposedly allowed! (I'm at level 37). Haha I'm sorry, I thought that increase was posted yesterday! I'm currently at 40 points, I've leveled up on my conservatory so I get energy there AND I create energy in my greenhouse. Could someone please clarify how many energy points that we get, automatically at level 37. This game is the only thing I enjoy while off with a broken ankle..thanks for a great game..so don't screw it up haha

LadyLolepere
05-01-14, 09:07 AM
I'm happy with the way the game is set up now. My only request would be that I could print screen and the top line (level/royal points/coins/energy) would show up. It's hard to explain that stuff is missing or inaccurate without a picture.it would be nice to have more energy, but I have learned to strategize which makes the game more of a challenge. Now hurry up and have a sale...I need the dragon that drops Mithril.

maguar
05-01-14, 01:46 PM
I've sent in two requests requesting that my energy bar reflect the 50 energy points that are supposedly allowed! (I'm at level 37). Haha I'm sorry, I thought that increase was posted yesterday! I'm currently at 40 points, I've leveled up on my conservatory so I get energy there AND I create energy in my greenhouse. Could someone please clarify how many energy points that we get, automatically at level 37. This game is the only thing I enjoy while off with a broken ankle..thanks for a great game..so don't screw it up haha

We have a max of 40 energy and this kicks in at a level under 30 I think.

Sorry to hear about your ai kale. Hope it gets better soon.