PDA

View Full Version : No new missions + Paying for gems + Energy Bar = DELETE!

AFROPILOT
09-23-12, 09:15 AM
TeamLava,

How in the world do you expect the people playing your games, such as City Story, to continue playing if: 1. There are no more missions, and 2. You HAVE to pay for your city expansions by purchasing gems with REAL LIFE MONEY??? On top of that, the energy bar is only 30 and it takes 3 minutes per bar to re-generate? Well in case you haven't noticed, most people in life have things to do, such as live, and to have to wait all day for energy to return, as well as spend REAL MONEY paying for city developments is absolutely rediculous. At minimum, the LEAST you could do is GET RID OF THE ENERGY BAR because it's worthless and it makes me want to delete your app, and also if you want people to continue playing your game, I would immediately produce a way for people to receive gems WITHOUT having to take out a loan to continue playing, such as receiving gems for: visiting other cities, beating missions (which don't exist anymore), and as you collect coins and increase in levels, provide gems. You can't sit at your desks and whip up a quick way to make a half-baked FarmVille bandwagon game where making money supersedes customer enjoyment. Just a thought...

bigbux3
09-23-12, 11:16 AM
How did they expect Metro to replace City Story? This game needs a LOT of improvement and no time to waste. Listen to your customers TL.

jtm101
09-23-12, 05:38 PM
It doesnt take all day to wait for the energy bar to fill up... In fact just 90 minutes. So if you popped in for 2 mins every couple of hours you can progress quickly. The whole energy thing brings stategy to the game. You have to think about what to collect as energy is limited. Therefore you have to think before tapping away to maximise revenue flow.

Re:gems, i havent spent any real money on the game and have accumulated 200 gems through goals (of which i have spent half so far)

I would like to see some energy improvements, e.g.

Chance of +1 energy for visiting nbrs, instead of the useless 5 coins/ 1 xp (i wold be far more likely to visit my nbrs daily if this was the case)
Extra energy for higher level players. Eg 31 for lvl 31, 32 for lvl 32 etc

nmid
09-24-12, 07:31 AM
It doesnt take all day to wait for the energy bar to fill up... In fact just 90 minutes. So if you popped in for 2 mins every couple of hours you can progress quickly. The whole energy thing brings stategy to the game. You have to think about what to collect as energy is limited. Therefore you have to think before tapping away to maximise revenue flow.

Re:gems, i havent spent any real money on the game and have accumulated 200 gems through goals (of which i have spent half so far)

I would like to see some energy improvements, e.g.

Chance of +1 energy for visiting nbrs, instead of the useless 5 coins/ 1 xp (i wold be far more likely to visit my nbrs daily if this was the case)
Extra energy for higher level players. Eg 31 for lvl 31, 32 for lvl 32 etc
The point is that in 90 mins most of your buildings are again requiring inputs, thus negating most of the 30 energy regenerated in the time window.... And who will log in every 1.5 hours for more than the initial two to three days ?

AFROPILOT
09-24-12, 08:44 AM
True. I think in my massive complaining initially my main point is that TeamLava is not providing any means for its customers to grow and develop their cities without either spending real money (ridiculous), or having to log into the game 20+ times a day while waiting for an energy bar, which as mentioned earlier by "nmid" is useless when the same buildings you collected from earlier in the day need collecting again by the time regeneration occurs, and since you need energy to do ANYTHING, slows the progress of the game down, and with no way of EARNING gems makes anyone with a life want to delete this app. MANY improvements need to be made to this game, and it starts with the ENERGY BAR and GEMS.

nmid
09-24-12, 08:50 AM
True. I think in my massive complaining initially my main point is that TeamLava is not providing any means for its customers to grow and develop their cities without either spending real money (ridiculous), or having to log into the game 20+ times a day while waiting for an energy bar, which as mentioned earlier by "nmid" is useless when the same buildings you collected from earlier in the day need collecting again by the time regeneration occurs, and since you need energy to do ANYTHING, slows the progress of the game down, and with no way of EARNING gems makes anyone with a life want to delete this app. MANY improvements need to be made to this game, and it starts with the ENERGY BAR and GEMS.

A shame because the game graphics are quite nice and the game engine is (otherwise) engaging.

naomi9
09-26-12, 02:17 PM
I haven't found any goals to earn gems? How come? I'm at level 31.
I agree with all of you. The energy thing is just annoying. I have the complaint about bubble mania.

nmid
09-26-12, 02:43 PM
Three at level 21 already... One of them is rob at frat party.

Other ways are installing and playing other lava games mentioned in the goals.

SF919
09-28-12, 11:48 AM
WHy..WHy...& WhY !?!!?

AFROPILOT
09-28-12, 03:06 PM
And if that's not enough, I just noticed I'm getting less coins from my buildings! Were they trying to be slick??? I wasn't born yesterday lol. Unfortunately, the only way to end this madness is to just stop playing the game. Oh well!

nmid
09-28-12, 04:02 PM
I guess you are missing the 20% bonus that you usually get if your buildings are "sparkled" by neighbours.

Aristodeme
09-28-12, 04:40 PM
Gah, I'm glad I deleted this game after getting to level 13. I seriously hate games with energy bars.

migz248
03-21-13, 01:04 AM
They should add a confirm button when you hurry something with gems. I've wasted half of my gems by accidentally pressing the hurry button

chezkaye13
03-27-13, 08:36 PM
I am on Level 40. Have had no goals except for the mindless Bubble Mania which refuses to go away. Where are new goals relating to the game????? Energy level and goods need to be raised as you level up. When your city is growing needs increase just like in real life. Gifts for neighbors and a possibility in energy as a reward when you visit neighbors. No excuses for the untimely improvements. If you are in the business of internet games, you should be able to do things in a timely fashion. This is a fun game but it needs improvements. I do not pay real cash for any of the games and feel sorry for those who do. There are things not available to me but I can live with it. Just wish Team Lava would realize gem theft is not cool. This happens on most of their games. Not cool!