PDA

View Full Version : Is there a cap on materials received daily?

xxxMEAxxx
09-23-12, 07:50 AM
It seems like I'm only getting 10 permit requests filled per day, even though I have many active neighbors.

Is there a cap on the amount of materials (ie: permits) we can receive per day?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Park✨🎀✨Place
(active player, ID: xxxMEAxxx)

coolgamegirl27
09-23-12, 08:58 AM
Yes, you can only receive 20 material requests a day. You should keep an eye on your news feed to see who is returning them and who isnt. Btw if you send more than 20 requests at one time, you will receive the first 20 returned, then the others may show up the next day.

xxxMEAxxx
09-24-12, 04:14 AM
Since I posted I've been counting. Mine is definitely limited to 10 of my requests filled per day. Very frustrating! Anyone else get 20? I'm wondering if I should contact Team Lava. Thanks!

kooky panda
09-24-12, 04:28 AM
You should be able to get 20 requests per day.
The requests include permits and any other constructible items or goal items you are requesting.

nmid
09-24-12, 07:24 AM
You should be able to get 20 requests per day.
The requests include permits and any other constructible items or goal items you are requesting.

Why so many limits to the gam?
I have 180 neighbours and I visit all of them. If I am willing to spend time on my neighbours why can't I get my requests answered by them?

All team lava is doing is making me bored and uninterested in coming back to the gam... Nd this is just 24 us since playing this game and loving it so far... I even installed three other games just because of this, but I've having second thoughts now.

slpecoraro
09-27-12, 11:16 AM
just a heads up...I had 27 permits when I woke up this morning after requesting yesterday as well. I needed 40 total. I put in another request this morning and the permits coming in from my nbrs stopped when I reached 37. kooky, whatcha think? It seems to me it's clearly cutting off at 10..:(

kooky panda
09-27-12, 11:21 AM
just a heads up...I had 27 permits when I woke up this morning after requesting yesterday as well. I needed 40 total. I put in another request this morning and the permits coming in from my nbrs stopped when I reached 37. kooky, whatcha think? It seems to me it's clearly cutting off at 10..:(
Are your sure all your neighbors have responded today?

kooky panda
09-27-12, 11:23 AM
I just saw a post from GM on another game. Try visting a neighbor to see if more come in.

This is actually by design; this information isn't constantly being sent down from the servers to your games, but they update with certain actions, like when booting the game or visiting a neighbor.

slpecoraro
09-27-12, 12:54 PM
Are your sure all your neighbors have responded today?

Yes, and it was sort of obvious. Everyone responded right away and then they just stopped. When I request permits I do send them to all 61 nbrs because I'm only expanding at the moment so not worried about needing building supplies. Some of those 61 nbrs are possibly inactive, but at least 3/4ths are very active. (I plan it that way...;) No biggie, I'll just wait. Just came to the forum to see if I could find what the limit was on building permits. kooky, could there be just a 10 limit on building permits and nothing else?

slpecoraro
09-27-12, 01:53 PM
btw kooky, I can also count out the 10 responses on my news wall with the last one being from stormie.

kooky panda
09-27-12, 02:22 PM
Yes, and it was sort of obvious. Everyone responded right away and then they just stopped. When I request permits I do send them to all 61 nbrs because I'm only expanding at the moment so not worried about needing building supplies. Some of those 61 nbrs are possibly inactive, but at least 3/4ths are very active. (I plan it that way...;) No biggie, I'll just wait. Just came to the forum to see if I could find what the limit was on building permits. kooky, could there be just a 10 limit on building permits and nothing else?

I will report over to have them check on this.

slpecoraro
09-28-12, 07:36 AM
Thanks! It's definetly only allowing 10 permits a day. I've totally messed my game up! lol...I've sent out so many permit request that I had thought would fill within 3 days, but at 10 a day will have me backed up on request for 6 days..;)

SF919
09-28-12, 11:34 AM
Why so many limits to the gam?
I have 180 neighbours and I visit all of them. If I am willing to spend time on my neighbours why can't I get my requests answered by them?

All team lava is doing is making me bored and uninterested in coming back to the gam... Nd this is just 24 us since playing this game and loving it so far... I even installed three other games just because of this, but I've having second thoughts now.

No wonder my permits stuck at 42 while I need 56. I am getting bored too having to wait so long just to expand a block...

nmid
09-28-12, 01:05 PM
That's what happened to another game I was playing.. Slowed down my playing to an extent where I was logging only twice and then once a day... And then just started skipping days. I don't play that game anymore.

With metro, I played my city out for the starting 3 days, but now... I'm no longer logging in every couple of hours... Just 3-5 times a day. I predict by the end of the week, i'll be down to a 12 hour cycle.

slpecoraro
09-29-12, 07:09 AM
Just an update, the permits seem to be catching up now. I've been busy so haven't actually been able to track them but I was able to expand yesterday and again today. So whatever was limiting them seems to be fixed. :)

nmid
09-30-12, 02:30 AM
Just the fact that you gave it a couple of days.

slpecoraro
09-30-12, 05:22 AM
Just the fact that you gave it a couple of days.

Nope, there was something wrong for a few days. I'm not a new player and I'm not a casual player. When something is suddenly different, I notice. But thanks for your thoughts.

FlyingMonkee
10-02-12, 03:18 PM
The News Feed will only display the last 10 accepted requests. For example, if you receive 12 accepted requests, only the last 10 will show and the oldest 2 will be bumped out. Therefore, you should still be receiving more than 10 accepted requests, although only 10 will display in your News Feed. If you check the Storage, you can see that you can receive more than 10 per day.

nmid
10-04-12, 09:06 PM
The News Feed will only display the last 10 accepted requests. For example, if you receive 12 accepted requests, only the last 10 will show and the oldest 2 will be bumped out. Therefore, you should still be receiving more than 10 accepted requests, although only 10 will display in your News Feed. If you check the Storage, you can see that you can receive more than 10 per day.

That's interesting... I propose a test...
I will send out permit requests to my 350+ neighbours and then next day send out a wiring request to stormy and one more known regular player.
I wonder how long it will take for me to get the wiring additions.
Any idea?

nmid
10-04-12, 09:17 PM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?34899-Request-problem!!-Requests-are-not-being-sent-to-neighbors.

The mod reply #4 says there is a limit of 20 a day.
What I would like a clarification is if there is any limitation and what is the limitation.
Thanks.