PDA

View Full Version : Buying gems thru a different Apple ID, need help please :)

FruFru20
09-22-12, 01:09 AM
Hi everyone, I am trying to purchase gems using an iTunes gift card. I created another ID for purchasing apps and redeemed the card with that.

When I tried to purchase gems with the new ID, I got a message saying that I had purchased the game using my old ID and in order to get gems thru the new ID, I would have to purchase the game again with this new ID.

So do I delete my existing app/farm and then re-download it with the new ID and if I do that, will I lose everything and my level/ratings etc?

Any help would be great.

Fiona

queentina3
09-22-12, 05:31 AM
If you try to buy gems with your other ID it won't be linked to this ID's Farm game. You can't transfer your Farm to a new ID, it will always be on this ID. You can only transfer your ID to another device.

FruFru20
09-22-12, 06:50 AM
Oh ok, bummer lol. Thanks for your help. I think I'll just keep earning gems, not keen on paying out for them. When the 30% off sale is on though, I wouldn't mind getting some.

Thanks again

queentina3
09-22-12, 06:53 AM
No problem. Maybe your next iTunes card you can have linked to this ID and just hold onto it for when those sales come around. I get them all the time on my android phone, but I don't use those games for anything but to send Dog Bowls to myself, so their useless to me there. :(