PDA

View Full Version : Of Tablets And Telescopes Goal

cast1532
09-21-12, 11:15 PM
Does anyone know what to do for the second part:

Find A Material That Shimmers And Sparkles.

Am I suppose to hit the rocks? I really don't get it.

maguar
09-21-12, 11:32 PM
You need to collect mermaid scale, jewels, silver ore

These items must be collected once you've started the goal. It does not count ones already in your inventory.

wafflemaker1
09-25-12, 12:09 PM
I've got all 3 of these items, but the telescope part is still locked and I can't create it....

kooky panda
09-25-12, 12:11 PM
You have to go to your workshop to create it. scroll down the options and it is at the bottom.
It takes 2 days to complete.

wafflemaker1
09-25-12, 12:22 PM
Yes, I can see it, but it says 'locked by goal' and I can't create it. I have enough of all the ingredients and I am on the specific quest to make the telescope.... any suggestions?

maguar
09-25-12, 01:39 PM
You need to expand to get the library quest. Once you have done the library quest you will get a quest to build a house for old Thomas. This is the quest that unlocks the matrix in the workshop

wafflemaker1
09-25-12, 01:48 PM
I'm pretty sure I have done the library quest, as I have built a library.... I'll wait until Old Thomas' house quest comes up.

maguar
09-25-12, 02:01 PM
Building a library doesn't mean you've done the quest. It just means you've built a library. I had a neighbour in the same situation as you. Buy the cheapest expansion it should trigger everything you need

wafflemaker1
09-25-12, 02:02 PM
Strange, as I am already on the telescope quest, have collected the 3 necessary items, but it still won't let me make the telescope part in my workshop.

wafflemaker1
09-25-12, 02:03 PM
I remember building a library for Old Thomas a few days ago, so this might have been the quest....

greygull
09-25-12, 02:13 PM
I know I'll sound like a newbie here - where does one find jewels? I know I've seen them before, but I honestly can't remember.

:)

cast1532
09-25-12, 02:18 PM
I know I'll sound like a newbie here - where does one find jewels? I know I've seen them before, but I honestly can't remember. :)

You can find them buy hitting rocks, the Sparkling Mine, The Pond, The Fishing Well. That's some of the places I find them. Where I find them the most if the rocks and the mines.

wafflemaker1
09-25-12, 02:18 PM
Even more strangely, the telescope part has just disappeared from my workshop menu.... It used to be at the bottom of my workshop list with the words 'locked by goal', then 20 minutes ago the text disappeared, and now the whole item has vanished.

kooky panda
09-25-12, 02:21 PM
I just finished constructing my mag Matrix and I have placed the Thomas house, but I cannot find the telescope to construct either??

wafflemaker1
09-25-12, 02:31 PM
I just finished constructing my mag Matrix and I have placed the Thomas house, but I cannot find the telescope to construct either??

I think I might have forgotten that I am building Thomas' house (which might be my problem to completing the telescope quest), how did you find the 'monster liquid' for making the super glue?

kooky panda
09-25-12, 02:33 PM
I think I might have forgotten that I am building Thomas' house (which might be my problem to completing the telescope quest), how did you find the 'monster liquid' for making the super glue?
My Thomas house requires
5 wooden beams
5 Stone Block
1 magnifying matrix
5 simple Glue

MHz_
09-25-12, 02:33 PM
We've got a bunch of quest fixes coming in today that should fix this issue for you all.

wafflemaker1
09-25-12, 02:35 PM
My Thomas house requires
3 simple glue
4 stone blocks
4 wooden beams

Thanks, in that case, I don't think I'm currently building one.....

kooky panda
09-25-12, 02:36 PM
Thanks, in that case, I don't think I'm currently building one.....
sorry I posted the wrong items!! lol

Here is my thomas house items

My Thomas house requires
5 wooden beams
5 Stone Block
1 magnifying matrix
5 simple Glue

wafflemaker1
09-25-12, 02:36 PM
We've got a bunch of quest fixes coming in today that should fix this issue for you all.

Thanks, do the fixes apply themselves automatically or do we have to download updates from the App Store etc?

wafflemaker1
09-25-12, 02:41 PM
sorry I posted the wrong items!! lol

Here is my thomas house items

My Thomas house requires
5 wooden beams
5 Stone Block
1 magnifying matrix
5 simple Glue

That's ok, I'm currently waiting for 2 buildings to build, but I can't remember what they are! I think one of them is a stable? However, both of them don't have the items that you've listed, therefore I'm obviously not building Thomas' house!

MHz_
09-25-12, 02:44 PM
Thanks, do the fixes apply themselves automatically or do we have to download updates from the App Store etc?

Automatically, and it's now live btw.. If you're stuck and unable to build the house, please let me know and we'll figure out why. First try force closing your game, and re-launching it, and if that doesnt work, PM me your Storm8 id and we'll look into why and fix it asap.

SvenJ
09-25-12, 02:46 PM
On a related note, make sure you are running the newest version of the game if you aren't already. :)

maguar
09-25-12, 03:17 PM
That's ok, I'm currently waiting for 2 buildings to build, but I can't remember what they are! I think one of them is a stable? However, both of them don't have the items that you've listed, therefore I'm obviously not building Thomas' house!

If you click on the building you will see the name in the lower right side of your screen. The writing's in white

wafflemaker1
09-25-12, 03:27 PM
If you click on the building you will see the name in the lower right side of your screen. The writing's in white

Yep, just tried that, thanks! It appears that I'm building 2 stables! Forgot I'd done that!

hopesdragons
09-26-12, 06:31 PM
I think for this goal that even if you already have each of the items in your inventory, you'll still need to find one of each specifically for this goal. At least that's my theory.. I already had some silver, but once I got a new piece, it showed up as completed.

chocolaBB
09-26-12, 06:40 PM
Which kind of rock piles give better chance for obtaining gem?
I dont seem to get too much luck in getting those.

Thx

cast1532
09-26-12, 06:42 PM
Once I build the Thomas House, am I done with the goals? Currently, I have no goals.

MHz_
09-26-12, 06:53 PM
I think for this goal that even if you already have each of the items in your inventory, you'll still need to find one of each specifically for this goal. At least that's my theory.. I already had some silver, but once I got a new piece, it showed up as completed.

Yup. This is correct.

chocolaBB
09-26-12, 07:03 PM
Which kind of rock piles give better chance for obtaining gem?
I dont seem to get too much luck in getting those.

Thx

Sorry i meant jewels not gems lol... Sorry

mujie123
10-02-12, 09:42 AM
How do you get silver ore or jewels?

laVirtualCloset
10-02-12, 12:42 PM
How do you get silver ore or jewels?

You can get them from the Sparkling Mine or the Rock Outcropping (the big rock that takes 20 actions to remove completely).

maguar
10-02-12, 12:52 PM
You can also craft jewels using iron and silver in the magic forge. We can also gift silver and jewels now

zadidoll
05-07-13, 12:27 PM
Find a material that focuses light: Jewels
Fina a material that shimmers and sparkles: Mermaid Scales
Find a material that can be polished to a shine: Silver Ore

Where to find
Jewels and Silver Ore are found by mining rocks OR having a Sparkling Mine OR via a gift.
Mermaid scales are found fishing.