PDA

View Full Version : will android/kindle users at least be getting new dragons if not the new game itself?

auroracon
09-21-12, 07:49 PM
Like, I get that we're not getting the new version with the new elemental dragon and yada yada

but does that mean we're never going to be able to get a new dragon ever again? that all new dragons from now on will only be for ios users?

Because i just spent a TON of money on gold in preparation for this thursdays update and i can't even put into words how upset this makes me

is there any point in us continuing then if we've already gotten the dragons we want? at least with the new dragon each week it was a new challenge.

[S8] Elsa
09-21-12, 08:21 PM
Like, I get that we're not getting the new version with the new elemental dragon and yada yada

but does that mean we're never going to be able to get a new dragon ever again? that all new dragons from now on will only be for ios users?

Because i just spent a TON of money on gold in preparation for this thursdays update and i can't even put into words how upset this makes me

is there any point in us continuing then if we've already gotten the dragons we want? at least with the new dragon each week it was a new challenge.

No, this does not mean support will be discontinued for Android and Amazon. Dragon Story: New Dawn is an expansion of Dragon Story and does not replace the original app.

Unfortunately, New Dawn isn't available for Android and Amazon at this time. As mentioned in the announcement pos (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?36036-Dragon-Story-New-Dawn)t, we're not able to speculate on whether or not it'll be available for other platforms.

Did everyone enjoy the Mermaid Dragon from last week? It looks awesome. :D

lylahmae
09-21-12, 08:35 PM
No, this does not mean support will be discontinued for Android and Amazon. Dragon Story: New Dawn is an expansion of Dragon Story and does not replace the original app.

Unfortunately, New Dawn isn't available for Android and Amazon at this time. As mentioned in the announcement pos (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?36036-Dragon-Story-New-Dawn)t, we're not able to speculate on whether or not it'll be available for other platforms.

The mermaid dragon was fine...the subject at hand is:
Will this be like the other story games where IOS gets lots of awesome new stuff and we get a little tiny taste? Are they going to get six new things every week and we get one? Are we going to be standing outside in the rain and cold watching IOS cuddle with tl by the crackling fire and then be expected to be overjoyed when you peek out to offer an umbrella before locking us out again? That's not how it works. Android players are upset and tl is acting like we are annoying them for expecting fair treatment. You had to know we wouldn't like this. You should have been more prepared.

auroracon
09-21-12, 08:43 PM

okay but specifically can you tell me yes/no if we are going to get new dragons? we didn't get a new dragon this thursday but ios did (the new game). Can we expect a new dragon next thursday for android users? I can understand skipping a week cause of the business of putting out the new version, but my real question is whether new dragons will only be available to new dawn/ios players (like if a hybrid needs the light dragon). or will there always be a new dragon released each ewek that uses the elements us android users have?

tonguelashing
09-21-12, 09:55 PM

Gee, nice attempt at deflecting away from the question. There is NO, I repeat NO REASON why you could not release the new expansion for both android and apple at the same time. Follow proper multi-platform coding practices and it's easy. 90% of the code is the same for crying out loud. Maybe some graphic specific differences but you encapsulate the graphic calls. This isn't rocket science deveoplment companies do this all the time. I've been a developer, write once compile many. Figure it out or you will loose an extremely large user base that will ultimately hurt your bottom line!

jackochbendji
09-23-12, 07:59 AM

I think i speak for all Android users that at least spent allot of money on this game (Well others to ofc) that i/we wont spend another buck on this game until we see some fairness. Why should i pay for gold (that i gladly do/did sometimes to speed up things or did allot actually) if i now that i can?t get Dragons/things like my IOS friends get.

With an answer like this Pony, i do my own conclusions that nothing is decided for Android. A answer like "its on its way/ we working on it" or just something i could accept, but now i start to doubt that this is even coming to us.

Maybe allot of ppl will stay and play the game, but in all fairness, it?s the paying costumer that give you guys the possibility to run games like this! I?m sure that you guys not work for free?
I'm pretty sure they will find other games to play if they don?t get what IOS gets for ex.

I do enjoy the game, i do enjoy atmosphere, what i don?t like is that some of my friends gets a head start or even things that i can?t get, thats rely frustrating and totally destroys the fun with this game.
Sure in the beginning it?s more of a single player game, but when you start to get friends and more ppl/friends starts to play it, ofc you get some friendly competition of who gets the best dragons first, well you name it.

I now the release of the game to Android was not so long ago, but when you released it, you also got tons of new players. It?s not more than fair that
we also get the same updates.

So give us New Dawn, It is a question of creating equal conditions... This WILL make unicorns and baby animals happy :)

bigsteve03
09-23-12, 08:33 AM
What's really frustrating is that we got the new farms, the new clearing prices, and we can see all the other things that came with new dawn when we visit other people's farms. So everything is already there. There should be no additional programming needed for the android at all except turning the dragons on in the market.

jrodt333
09-23-12, 11:46 AM
What's really frustrating is that we got the new farms, the new clearing prices, and we can see all the other things that came with new dawn when we visit other people's farms. So everything is already there. There should be no additional programming needed for the android at all except turning the dragons on in the market.

Yes, I can tolerate them releasing the dragons during Thursday's weekly update but there is no excuse (that I know of) for not releasing it for Android.

libbyjoyous
09-23-12, 11:46 PM
And yet the question remains unanswered....

tonguelashing
09-24-12, 12:16 AM
yep, question unanswered. Seems funny to me that employee of the company wouldn't know if the update will be available for android or not which only just fuels further speculation that team lava is dropping support for andoid in their latest release.

ouboomersooner
09-24-12, 08:42 AM
Finding it totally unacceptable to not have the same updates as IOS users. I play on two different Android devices for a total of 12 games on them. I have spent real money on the games. Won't be spending any more money on TeamLava or Storm games until we get treated fairly. The lack of answers and the changing of topic (Did everyone enjoy the Mermaid Dragon?) was totally unprofessional.

FredsFarmm
09-24-12, 12:22 PM
Looking at past threads shows this kind of problem has been around for over a year and I doubt it will change. These type of problems have been happening in multiple games over multiple years. TL doesn't know how to integrate multiple platforms and unless there is some sort of internal company changes we are stuck with this nonsense. The same sort of bugs show up over multiple years. They may need to rewrite this program from the beginning so that multiple os can operate together and don't want to or don't know how.

I had thought about contacting major stock holders but they probably work at management level and are part of the problem. There seems to be entrenchment for the same type of problems to be repeating themselves almost weekly.

crazybeautifulkesha2
09-24-12, 05:59 PM
I would just like to point out that TeamLava would be NOWHERE without aneroid. It started out just a little tiny game in the market (not available on the almighty iPhone). Not to mention that there are more android users than apple. I use my kindle and it sucks bad enough that I don't get half the games android devices get. I love the TL games, but I have gradually stopped playing (mainly because TL has yet to find a way to move my other games back on my kindle without erasing my dragon story). So... I was just wanting to point that out. TeamLava wouldn't have anything without android. Be fair, stop demanding so much money for so little gold and gems, and stop just giving up on certain games.

BalletBeauty
09-24-12, 06:00 PM
WHAT! So all the money we've spent on gold for the 7 android/kindles in our house was for nothing? We've all been playing this game together for weeks and TL is just going to stop updating? Great.

Why didn't we learn our lesson with Zoo Story? They just stopped updating period. Hasn't had anything new in over a year and the replacement game Zoo Story 2 is awful (but ios users had it well before Android/Kindle users) and nothing transferred you had to start all over as it was a whole new game.

Uamele
09-25-12, 04:01 AM
In total agreement with this. And I use a DROID razor by verzion.

mico3
09-25-12, 12:16 PM
I'm pretty sick of new releases coming to iOS first. This used to happen with other games, like Bakery, and now TL seems to release the same content to Android when they release the special version for iOS, so everyone's on an even playing field. I really wish they wouldn't taunt their players with all this new content when it's only available to some. It really doesn't make things fair - cant really keep up with iOS users who get such a big head start. I'm hoping that the next update will release this content to Android users as well, as seems to be the case with their other games now.

captmiddy
09-25-12, 01:58 PM
You know I am fine with us not getting the update right away and all that. I am fine with the feature differences, but when we get punished with the updated pricing on items that more than quadruple the prices of doing things but we do not get the BOOSTs that the IOS people can get, then we go from being unfair to simply punishing Android users. It took me close to a week to gain 1M coins and it almost all goes away with one bitterbark tree. Yet with BOOSTS players are getting way more money quickly.