PDA

View Full Version : The End of a Good Game (bye bye to all my friends)

usmdesigner
09-21-12, 06:44 PM
As we all know there have been recent updates that have disturbed many players in this game. There has also been some positive progression as well. When deciding between the two, the developer has to choose which is more important. After struggling with these changes for a couple of weeks now, I have decided that I no longer feel drawn to this game. This comes backed with the decision that the developers of this game no longer care for the opinions of their customers nor the outcome of their decisions.

The end result of this statement is drawn from examples that are provided through recent changes that are negative of course, but ultimately outweigh the positives heavily.

Now, the recent changes that have most of the community on fire is the increase in prices. Of course any company wants to make money; this is a basic necessity to keep such a popular game alive. The problem with the recent changes (to me) is when the community as a whole notices and voices their opinion about it, yet a response is not given. Sure there are plenty of people that don?t speak up, but most of those players don?t even know these forums exist nor do they ever probably pay attention to prices.

The second problem I see is actually something that relates to me directly and ultimately relays back to the previous problem: TL?s concern and voice. My recent issue that I posted about on these forums was a concern over (a possible bug, this has not been confirmed) on trying to make food on multiple ovens, yet you are reset to the start when moving to another oven. Now the issue itself is not what ultimately showed me that TL has no concern. It was the follow up that I received. The follow up was: Nothing. Go to my post and see where any TL support member has posted or showed concern. Now as a business, you want your customers to know you do have concern for them. And for an ?app? business, what could possibly be a better customer than one that visits your forums often? How many people in this game as a percentage even knows there are forums, let alone visits them. So to ignore post after post that users are putting on the forums with no answer makes no sense to me up front. But common sense shows how it makes sense, but still leaves it unjustified. Common sense tells me that they simply do not care about someone that has an issue, nor do they care that the only source of a voice for players is actually speaking against them. For someone to come to my game?s forum and voice a dislike about my game, would prompt a response. To show no response at all is where I am torn on the justification. Is this game so arrogant to assume they don?t have to respond?

The third problem is more of a self-complaint that I have no idea if the community is upset with or not, but it needs attention. I have played this game for a year and half and have never seen this before. When all of your ?buy me? ads have faded when you first login to the game, the next pop up you see tells of buying a package. When you hit OK, immediately they are pulled up. Now this normally wouldn?t be a problem in this game right? But these are special, as you do not have a ?confirm? for ?touching? these. What else in the game doesn?t have some sort of confirm? Everything in the game takes multiple touches just to buy with diamonds. How convenient that these gifts are preceded by an ?ok? button that is centered exactly where the gifts are, and one touch buys them? I work hard at maintaining my diamonds and through lag and the obvious ?first time not knowing?, the game has managed to take 48 diamonds from me. Now I say the game, due to the first part where I explain that this is not typical anywhere else in the game. So to say it is ?my fault? is nonsense. Furthermore, after emailing support about this, I received a reply saying "sorry, we can't help you".

In the end, this game has way more potential than it knows. I am an android user and we just received the ?goals? that we have wanted for a long time. This seemed awesome, until a week later and without using any money, I completed them. This blew me and my friends away as we built up the goals to be something they were not. When you have a game that is based around logging on every X hours to set out food and prepare more, you get excited about having something else set up. You have a reason to make those 2 dishes that you were already going to do anyway, right? There are long term goals and short term goals. Our goals were so short termed; a week was all it took? This is actually just another self-complaint, as I have no idea what the vision for android goals are, but then again, shouldn?t I? If I knew all my players have access to a location where they could see what I envision, why wouldn?t I share it with them? Why wouldn?t I treat that as an outside the game goal. (I need to log in to the forum to see what is new with the game, ideas wise).

I?m not arrogant enough to believe this post will matter, nor do I (at this point) think anyone for TL will actually give this post a second thought I just hope at some point they figure out that they are in business because of the tiny people out there like me that ultimately wanted a great game to be better, but have fell short for the all mighty dollar and lack of concern.

For anyone that knew me in game (as I posted on my wall), I had fun playing the game, but all good things must come to an end. (But they don?t have to if you know another game similar to this that isn?t a TL game. Let me know!) I love these type games, but I won?t be bullied into playing a game that now feels like work when it was a perfectly good game that didn?t in the past.

cherryberry9
09-21-12, 09:17 PM
I totally agree with you but what I'm about to say next may change your mind. Someone just posted that the food prices went back to normal.

melby29
09-22-12, 01:20 AM
I?m not arrogant enough to believe this post will matter, nor do I (at this point) think anyone for TL will actually give this post a second thought I just hope at some point they figure out that they are in business because of the tiny people out there like me that ultimately wanted a great game to be better, but have fell short for the all mighty dollar and lack of concern.

The saddest thing about all of this is that none of our posts matter, and no-one at TL cares what we are saying. That is what is at the core of this problem. A customer is not arrogant just because they think their feedback and thoughts will matter. As customers, we are the ones with the money and our feedback and thoughts SHOULD matter. Or, just like everyone is doing here, we walk.

trace35
09-22-12, 01:55 AM
I totally agree with you but what I'm about to say next may change your mind. Someone just posted that the food prices went back to normal.

This is not true. All of my prices are still doubled, and all the other players I have spoken with.

kooky panda
09-22-12, 07:21 AM
This started as a personal goodbye thread, but since the discussion has now changed to the topic of bakery prices, please continue your discussion on the current bakery thread on the increased prices.
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?35223-Bakery-Increase-in-Prices