PDA

View Full Version : Sick and tired of crashing

Denel31
09-21-12, 03:49 PM
Ever since last update the game crashes when you zoom in! Is annoying and not productive. How are you supposed to re arrange your shop or see what it looks like?! It takes forever to view all of your neighbors shops in order to see their pens and what material they need, because if you zoom in the game crashes!
TL must fix this issue inmediatly because all my neighbors are quitting due other issues with the game, but this particular one should be piece of cake in comparrison to the Expansion issue. Please take action!

kooky panda
09-21-12, 04:21 PM
I have reported this over to the CMs.

Which android device do you play on?

Denel31
09-24-12, 04:51 PM
I have reported this over to the CMs.

Which android device do you play on?

I have iphone. Just updated to IOS6. Is a lot of crashing and lagging too. I never had that problem before. Like I said it started after last update. I already unistslled and installed game. Other neighbors with same device are having same issues.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

kyderbygirl
09-26-12, 01:24 PM
I'm having the same problem- freezing up, then closes- so irritating! Sometimes it well be ok, but ultimately will freeze& close
Emailed team lava over a week ago, other than the immediate bounce back response, have not heard anything :(

kooky panda
09-26-12, 01:26 PM
I'm having the same problem- freezing up, then closes- so irritating! Sometimes it well be ok, but ultimately will freeze& close
Emailed team lava over a week ago, other than the immediate bounce back response, have not heard anything :(
Are you also on an IOS device? Are you crashing when you zoom in like Denel?

DaojinWildfire
09-26-12, 01:44 PM
Do you have other apps minimized in the background? If so, try closing all other apps and then open the game. Having too many apps open, even when minimized, may take up memory required to properly run the game.

kyderbygirl
09-26-12, 06:23 PM
Yes, I have closed all open apps, often
It does happen when I minimize my shop, but I try not to minimize, and it will usually still do it.
I am on an iPad
I play FS, and have no problems at all- ever
Question- I just won an ipad3, I know I've seen it around, but how do I get my storm ID and shop info transferred to my new iPad?
Thanks!

kyderbygirl
09-26-12, 07:58 PM
Ok, found the thread to transfer- got the udid numbers- no luck- tried 3times
I have now emailed TL about it- that will probably never be answered...
Any other advice for transferring ( maybe that will help the crashing too)
Agai, thanks! :)

PurrsNPaws
09-27-12, 12:24 PM
I'm using an iPad and it crashes every time I go to a bigger shop.

kooky panda
09-27-12, 02:01 PM
Ok, found the thread to transfer- got the udid numbers- no luck- tried 3times
I have now emailed TL about it- that will probably never be answered...
Any other advice for transferring ( maybe that will help the crashing too)
Agai, thanks! :)

support should be able to do the transfer for you.
You can try to transfer by storm 8
Make sure you download all the games you are playing to your new Ipad first , but do not set up a new storm ID

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?t=14674

I'm using an iPad and it crashes every time I go to a bigger shop.

Check and make sure you have the most current IOS version on your Ipad(at least 5.0)

saintlover
10-02-12, 02:45 PM
I have been having alot of crashing issues for some time now. It's now to the point I can't play at all. It started with zooming out. When I would zoom out all the way it would crash then it wound continually crashe every time I tried to re launch. I have deleted both apps and reinstalled fresh to no avail. The moment I launch the app now it crashes. I have an iPad 1 so I can not upgrade to the ios6 version but it is the most current iOS 5 version it can upgrade to. Been going on for ages and I'm really irritated I've spent alot of money in this game.

angela3737
10-05-12, 09:15 PM
Same thing happens to me since around begnning of July ..I have first version of iPad with the latest software update . It crashes every few seconds ..always when zooming out..but just opening app , it crashes more than half of the time ..sometimes it opens and crashes when trying to collect , send gifts ,not even touching anything at all sometimes .several emails to support since July , never got anything more than passing the information on,the last time I sent them was several weeks ago ( and I always send all required information they need since I am now an expert in emailing them in the first email ) but haven't heard anything .

I also always close the other apps as suggested but has not changed the crashing on the iPad . I have uninstalled and re installed countless times. I play the game on itouch 3rd generation with no issues . I'm level 41 on the iPad .. Had no problems until at the high 30s otherwise I wouldn't been able to get past level 7 with this crashing . Just posting to let the other frustrated iPad users to know you are not alone.

sarahaddicts
10-10-12, 01:45 PM
I have this problem aswell and it's annoying. I'm using iPad 1 and haven't updated it to ios5. None of the other games crash like this one so it's obviously a problem at TL end. It's been going on for a few months at least now and I think it's time TL actually tried to sort out what's up with the game rather than tell everyone to restart or restall the app, I've done them both and it doesn't work. I've also shut all open apps and that doesn't work.
Maybe team lava should investigate it as it seems quite a lot of people are having this issue. It's making me not want to play the game and if everyone feels like that at the end if the day TL will losing money as people won't be buying gems.

yankees095
10-10-12, 03:42 PM
Allow me to pile on as well. I have the original iPad with the most up to date software available. Have tried deleting and reinstalling to no avail. Game is basically rendered unplayable. It crashes every 20 seconds.

coecoex5
10-12-12, 03:46 PM
Ever since updates I've had crashing issues on all TL games! Happens the most when other people play with pets or too me boom freezes & force close. It takes me forever to visit neighbors & if not fixed I will quit. I don't see the point in playing games that crash over & over & over again. I have told TL via email & an idiot told me how to transfer to my new phone. I don't think real people read our emails. I don't think TL gives a {}about us customers. And these are really expensive free games....

coecoex5
10-12-12, 03:46 PM
HTC inspire

lilliejen
10-15-12, 09:18 PM
My game also closes off when I zoom out, and just randomly and I have to re-open it and it's a pain in the butt.

diverDestiny
10-18-12, 02:34 PM
Pet Shop Crashes Like Crazy On My Ipad. I deleted and reinstalled. Only made it worse. This is the only game that does this.

jmavs8
10-19-12, 10:14 AM
I can't even collect from my pets without it crashing at least 5 times. This is so frustrating, I don't even visit neighbors anymore. This got way worse after the latest release. It used to crash every once in a while, but this is now ridiculous. I play on IPod Touch.

storm8ru
10-21-12, 09:31 PM
I have ipad-1, and ios5.1.1.
crashing...... zoom-in, or zoom-out, move around, visit negibors, play with pets (collecting coins),
it's getting me crazy,
want to pass the goals.........

RayneHavoc
10-30-12, 03:39 AM
support should be able to do the transfer for you.
You can try to transfer by storm 8
Make sure you download all the games you are playing to your new Ipad first , but do not set up a new storm ID

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?t=14674
Check and make sure you have the most current IOS version on your Ipad(at least 5.0)

I play on an iPad updated to 5 (too lazy to do the upgrade on my iPad) I too keep crashing....when I do anything at all. I have shut down all background programs even rebooted my iPad and nothing helps the issue. Also where the heck do you get a Dalmatian to breed a goldmation?

Denel31
11-02-12, 02:42 PM
Wow., so many replies! Is good to know I'm not alone. Lol.
I'm still struggling with the crashing issue, but not as much as before. No idea why or what was causing it, but is better now. However, zooming in any way, shape or form is not recommended. Lol.

olcastle
03-19-13, 11:07 PM
Six months and it wasn't fixed...

ChickieCago
03-20-13, 05:02 PM
Wow. I downloaded Pet Shop Story as part of the promotion on 4 other story games yesterday. I cannot believe TL would promote a game with such bugs and constant crash issues. It's really really bad you guys!
Today alone it must of force closed on me 50 times. I like the game, and I was thinking of continuing buying gems and such. But it's impossible to play! It mainly acts up while visiting other stores. The goal (collection reward jack russell) pop up continuously pops up along with the out of sync message ALL OF THE TIME.
I've tried everything. Restarting, uninstalling etc. What's the deal with this game? Should I even continue?

kooky panda
03-21-13, 06:53 PM
There is a new update in google play. Version 1.0.5.9.1
Try updating to see if this fixes the crashing issues.

belladonnatwo
03-22-13, 11:44 PM
dear,

i have the newest update but it still keeps crashing. every minute i have to restart the game. can you solve this please...

kooky panda
03-23-13, 07:46 AM
dear,

i have the newest update but it still keeps crashing. every minute i have to restart the game. can you solve this please...
What device do you play on? It's current version?

What is the version number of the game you are playing? Under menu-help-small number at the bottom ?

belladonnatwo
03-23-13, 12:34 PM
I'm an android-player. Now, i'm using version 1.0.5.9.1.

ChickieCago
03-23-13, 12:58 PM
The Easter version is crashing badly still, and I have a very active neighbor who has reported the same. I am Android also, same version as above. Goal pop ups & out of sync mssgs are non stop when visiting neighbors. I switched to Thanksgiving version for now ( very laggy ), but it's impossible to play the Easter version.

ChickieCago
03-23-13, 02:03 PM
Ok so I lied in the above post. Easter = crashing, stops working, goal pop ups & out of sync mssgs when visiting neighbors. Thanksgiving = crashing, stops working, goal pop ups & out of sync mssgs when visiting neighbors. Regular version = Crashing and super annoying zooming in & out wherever I go. I can't believe this game was promoted on other games with the lure of 6 free gems with issues on every version, and it looks as if it has been going on without attention from the developers since 9/12/2012 - when this thread started. I don't know how anybody can even play this game - terrible bugs & glitches. Android user btw.

kooky panda
03-23-13, 02:08 PM
I'm an android-player. Now, i'm using version 1.0.5.9.1.

Which specific android device? Have you checked to make sure your device has the most current version?

The Easter version is crashing badly still, and I have a very active neighbor who has reported the same. I am Android also, same version as above. Goal pop ups & out of sync mssgs are non stop when visiting neighbors. I switched to Thanksgiving version for now ( very laggy ), but it's impossible to play the Easter version.

Which specific android device do you play on?
Have you checked to make sure your device has the most current version?

swstar
03-23-13, 02:43 PM
I have same issue only I am on ios. Lost all my goals in past week...since update for android. storm id swstar shop name fluffyfriends.

ChickieCago
03-23-13, 04:54 PM
Which specific android device? Have you checked to make sure your device has the most current version?

Which specific android device do you play on?
Have you checked to make sure your device has the most current version?

I am on a Samsung Galaxy 2. Yes I have the 1.0.5.9.1 Easter version you recommended a few days ago. It never got any better after the newer update. Right now I am actually playing the standard Pet Shop Story with the annoying zoom in & out bug which is the least buggy with pop ups & force close, out of sync issues - Easter 1.0.5.9.1 is really impossible to play. Thanksgiving is no better.