PDA

View Full Version : Not impressed with the New Dawn

kittycountess
09-21-12, 10:44 AM
The game looks overexposed, like someone messed up the lighting. The ground is too bright but the habitats, dragons, etc. are dark so everything looks flat. I don't understand why Team Lava would do this instead of just adding the new dragons. Or at least, if they really needed an update, why not spend some time on it and make it look right instead of some bad job done hurriedly by an amateur intern?:(

cast1532
09-21-12, 11:52 AM
The game looks overexposed, like someone messed up the lighting. The ground is too bright but the habitats, dragons, etc. are dark so everything looks flat. I don't understand why Team Lava would do this instead of just adding the new dragons. Or at least, if they really needed an update, why not spend some time on it and make it look right instead of some bad job done hurriedly by an amateur intern?:(

Whoa there buddy. Amateur intern? That's harsh. It takes talent to create something like this. I want to see you create something like this on your own. The people who worked on these dragons did their best effort and I like how the new game is. One thing I will never criticize is the artwork because it's not an easy thing to do.

They can't please everyone and that sucks.

dragonolic
09-21-12, 11:54 AM
I love the new graphics, and I'm a graphics person. Most of their other games are bright as well - Dragon Story was more the outlier. I think it's much brighter and prettier, which is the point of calling it a New Dawn. And I'm loving the new dragon designs. I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to dragons, and I am well pleased.

kittycountess
09-21-12, 12:13 PM
Whoa there buddy. Amateur intern? That's harsh. It takes talent to create something like this.That's it though. I worked as a 3D modeler and texture artist for years in the gaming industry. This looks like a mistake in lighting. I have nothing against brighter environments, but when overexposure makes colors look washed out it's not artistry, it's amateur intern work.

I always admired the original Dragon Story for its amazing graphics and animation. This one doesn't look as good. Thankfully it seems like you can still play it on both versions so I would stick to the old one and only use ND for when I want to breed the Light dragons.

foxxiegirl
09-21-12, 12:19 PM
I love the new look much much better then the old. When i first saw it i said wow i love the color washing! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all.