PDA

View Full Version : New dawn for android/kindle fire

libbyjoyous
09-20-12, 11:46 AM
I hate starting threads.. but the "when will android/kindle fire get new dawn?" question is just getting drowned out by the excitement of the update in other threads... understandably..

So the new update looks really awesome! Hey team lava when will it be available for android? Kindle fire?

Kooky i know you said you would look into it.. any word?

almondieeyez
09-20-12, 11:49 AM
I think Android has it automatically? I have the option to upgrade my farm to enchanted farm? Dont have the goals yet.. hmm hmm.

libbyjoyous
09-20-12, 11:56 AM
What about the new dragons? I play on my kindle and i have nothing.. no farms no dragons... everything is the same..
i swear im good at waiting.. as long as i have at least an estimate of the length of the wait.... Days? Weeks? Months? Never?

bigsteve03
09-20-12, 11:56 AM
No, we got the farm upgrades and the new clearing costs, but not the new dragons/habitats. For that you need to download the new version of the game which isn't available on the android yet.

libbyjoyous
09-20-12, 11:59 AM
Also kindle has never had goals of anykind... i thought that was an android thing until i started one on my phone... goals there but my phone is super old and its too laggy to play there...

tonguelashing
09-20-12, 12:02 PM
I can see all the new goodies, and am even upgrading my farm. But have no idea on new foods or new dragons. I can see people with the new dragons and new habitats, but nothing shows up in the market at all.

I'm really frustrated at the lack of time for the android version. I had a version for android tablet when my fiancee had for her iPad. But I didn't have a lot of the features she did (island goals for example) until a new update appeared quite some time later. Then I had to redo a lot of the goals that I had already done just to get credit for them. Not to mention, the both versions (iOS and Android) but the Android version in particular, CRASHES....A LOT! Very frustrating to do something and have it die, or force quit, or restart in the middle of tapping a dragon or moving the map.

also, sometimes I can see the full map when I move around. Most of the time though, I can't fully scroll to see the edge sections of the upper part of the island or the far right part of the island. which is frustrating if people have habitats in those areas, hard to tell if I have to tap them or not.

I really hope TeamLava fixes these bugs, they are annoying for such a fun game.

tonguelashing
09-20-12, 12:04 PM
My Android table also has the nVidia video (ASUS A500) it would be nice if the game used those graphic capabilities to get smoother game play and drawing, particularly when clearing the island of money in the habitats.

kooky panda
09-20-12, 12:06 PM
Guys I am checking on this to see if I can find out if the new items are coming to android and kindle fire in todays updates.

bigsteve03
09-20-12, 12:06 PM
Thanks Kooky!

libbyjoyous
09-20-12, 12:10 PM
Waits with baited breath.......lol
thanks thanks thanks kooky

jrodt333
09-20-12, 12:58 PM
Thanks Kooky. I'd assume that the update will come at 3pm Pacific time like it always does, right?

deevines
09-20-12, 01:49 PM
I think Android has it automatically? I have the option to upgrade my farm to enchanted farm? Dont have the goals yet.. hmm hmm.

No we just hv the farm upgrades, nothing else.

kooky panda
09-20-12, 01:53 PM
Sorry guys, I do not think the new items rare coming to android and kindle fire today.
Announcement from GM

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?36036-Dragon-Story-New-Dawn&p=404684&viewfull=1#post404684

sweetstuff525
09-20-12, 01:53 PM
I think android will get the new dragons today in their weekly update ...since they usually come on like 6:30 eastern time

bigsteve03
09-20-12, 01:58 PM
If it was coming today I'm sure they would have some info. Sounds more like it will be delayed for weeks, if not months. I can't tell you how excited I was when I saw the update news this morning, and now I've lost interest in the game. Such poor planning to only provide content to half your customers like that.

ak2001
09-20-12, 05:09 PM
I cant even get a new update So unfair

09-20-12, 06:13 PM
If it was coming today I'm sure they would have some info. Sounds more like it will be delayed for weeks, if not months. I can't tell you how excited I was when I saw the update news this morning, and now I've lost interest in the game. Such poor planning to only provide content to half your customers like that.

I am sorry but I have to agree. This has put a serious crimp in my interest which was very strong because I seriously liked the game and people. Now knowing that we are not all playing the same game is very disturbing. I will seriously examine future events. I feel that we are at least owed a firm rollout date for those who continue

jlcook850
09-20-12, 06:54 PM
Guys I am checking on this to see if I can find out if the new items are coming to android and kindle fire in todays updates.

I'm guessing they aren't coming with today's updates since we didn't get any. IOS gets a whole new game and all of us android players get the normal - screwed. I don't know why I bother with any of these TL games!!!

libbyjoyous
09-20-12, 07:17 PM
If i could curse on here i would
{}lame team lava.
You lost an amazon customer today.

beaulilfairy
09-20-12, 07:30 PM
please make the update for android users, we want it so badly :(

libbyjoyous
09-20-12, 10:10 PM
Sorry.. i guess i overacted...
I am sad but there are worse things in life than not getting the dragon story expansion. My apologies to those on this forum...

azychan
09-20-12, 10:54 PM
i thought that i will lend my parent's credits card to buy some gems if i can update the game. But now: never

jlcook850
09-21-12, 05:33 AM
Would be so nice to have parity for android just one time but guess that will never happen....funny how we get the price increases in all the TL games at the same time but none of the new stuff. News flash - Apple doesn't run the world, just the TL world.

bigsteve03
09-21-12, 08:32 AM
So I've done some thinking about this, and given the fact that a new iPhone just came out, it does kind of make sense that they'd push out such a huge update for the iPhone even though the android version wasn't ready yet. You have to strike when the irons hot, and I have noticed a lot more newbies playing the game this past week. That being said, that's also not been the excuse for leaving android users out in other updates TL has done on their games in the past, so who knows.

Personnally, I'm not going to give up just yet. I'll give them a week or two to get the android version out before I uninstall and start spending that gold money on something more worthwhile. If next week's update turns out to be iphone only too it'll be a whole different story though.

azychan
09-21-12, 10:29 AM
So I've done some thinking about this, and given the fact that a new iPhone just came out, it does kind of make sense that they'd push out such a huge update for the iPhone even though the android version wasn't ready yet. You have to strike when the irons hot, and I have noticed a lot more newbies playing the game this past week. That being said, that's also not been the excuse for leaving android users out in other updates TL has done on their games in the past, so who knows.

Personnally, I'm not going to give up just yet. I'll give them a week or two to get the android version out before I uninstall and start spending that gold money on something more worthwhile. If next week's update turns out to be iphone only too it'll be a whole different story though.
I think the problem is: android have many screen sizes, TL have to work to make the game fit with different screens. So maybe next week or next 2 week the game can be updated for androids

tonguelashing
09-21-12, 10:50 AM
I think the problem is: android have many screen sizes, TL have to work to make the game fit with different screens. So maybe next week or next 2 week the game can be updated for androids

Don't count on it. I think they are shafting Android users AGAIN. The original DS Game took a while to come to the Android Market and didn't have the features of the iOS game. Took forever for the new version to appear with the same iOS features (island goals, etc). Now we are being shafted once again in waiting forever for this update. I'm getting more frustrated and feel like giving up. I've bought gold which gives them money. It's a fun game (aside from all the constant crashes and restarts) but they are loosing customers over this big time.

jrodt333
09-21-12, 11:05 AM
How long did it take them to port the original Dragon Story to Android anyway? I think it might take them around that long to port the new Dragon Story.

tonguelashing
09-21-12, 11:21 AM
How long did it take them to port the original Dragon Story to Android anyway? I think it might take them around that long to port the new Dragon Story.

Shouldn't take any time if they are using proper multi-platform coding practices. NO REASON they can't release at the same time. NONE...ZIP...ZERO...NADA!

tonguelashing
09-21-12, 11:51 AM
We got a "bug fix" update today which doesn't fix any bugs. Supposed to fix a lot of the "force close" issues, but app is still force closing even after update :-( Keep giving us the run-around. We're not impressed!

I've been a developer, there is no reason for this .

jrodt333
09-21-12, 12:21 PM
We got a "bug fix" update today which doesn't fix any bugs. Supposed to fix a lot of the "force close" issues, but app is still force closing even after update :-( Keep giving us the run-around. We're not impressed!

I've been a developer, there is no reason for this []

Yeah, update didn't do anything. But it means that they're still acknowleding Android's existence, which is better than nothing. Not that I'm saying I'm happy with TL.

09-21-12, 06:51 PM
Has anyone given a firm roll out date.? Why not TL? When are you going to, ARE you going to update the android and kindle fire access?

This disrequard for a great deal (aprox 50%)of your market is very disturbing. A public notice of a commitment will go a long way toward helping us deal with the feeling of betrayal an being ignored. After all we will not get any new dragons, no goals, no updates. Nothing more until you finish making the present brand new game available to all.

gravityperseus1325
09-21-12, 06:56 PM
Kindle fire doesn't have the goals...what about he enchanted farm?!

gravityperseus1325
09-21-12, 06:57 PM
Yes ur right.... also this blue screen issue. Its not as common as before, but annoying nonetheless.

lylahmae
09-21-12, 07:26 PM
The update did nothing. Tl does not care about android. Apparently android dollars are not worth as much as apple dollars.

libbyjoyous
09-22-12, 03:00 AM
I really hope android will get some sort of update... but if they do another light dragon hybrid then there is no way they could..
:( very sad not to have this expansion...

tonguelashing
09-22-12, 07:04 AM
And the latest "bug fix" release for Android which was supposed to fix a lot of the crashing problems has actually made the problem WORSE!!! For crying out loud...get it right. Do you actually have android devices in your development team or are you just using the simulator??

azychan
09-22-12, 10:50 AM
I will wait for 2 weeks, after that, if there is no update for android, i will give up the game, so unfair

tonguelashing
09-22-12, 03:46 PM
I will wait for 2 weeks, after that, if there is no update for android, i will give up the game, so unfair

That makes several of us! I sure hope TeamLava is Listening to their user base!

foxxiegirl
09-22-12, 04:50 PM
I play lots of games on my phone and my husband has an Android, we also own a Kindle tho i don't ever game on it much. Most games i play i've noticed Android didn't even get the game until much much later. So it makes a bit of sense that there would be a delay before a major update that needs a new DL. Not saying it's fair to you all but patience is a virtue. Also and i don't know if this is the case,but.....if any of you play xbox and playstation then you know that sometimes 1 company will make a deal so they get the new dl content long before the other. Maybe this is happening here idk. Whatever the issue i hope they update for you all soon but please try and not let it get to you. Take a break from the game if you must because games should be fun after all.

auroracon
09-22-12, 07:02 PM
I play lots of games on my phone and my husband has an Android, we also own a Kindle tho i don't ever game on it much. Most games i play i've noticed Android didn't even get the game until much much later. So it makes a bit of sense that there would be a delay before a major update that needs a new DL. Not saying it's fair to you all but patience is a virtue. Also and i don't know if this is the case,but.....if any of you play xbox and playstation then you know that sometimes 1 company will make a deal so they get the new dl content long before the other. Maybe this is happening here idk. Whatever the issue i hope they update for you all soon but please try and not let it get to you. Take a break from the game if you must because games should be fun after all.

I don't care about the new updated version of the game. I really don't. I just want a straight answer from the developers if we android/kindle users will be getting at least a new dragon next week that WE can get. One that doesn't require the light dragon. Because if we're never going to be getting new content in the original version then ill stop playing and putting money into the game until the new version comes out.

foxxiegirl
09-22-12, 07:11 PM
I don't care about the new updated version of the game. I really don't. I just want a straight answer from the developers if we android/kindle users will be getting at least a new dragon next week that WE can get. One that doesn't require the light dragon. Because if we're never going to be getting new content in the original version then ill stop playing and putting money into the game until the new version comes out.
And i totally understand, but my point is since a Team Lava Rep PonyRoar has said they can't speculate on if/when it'll happen..... this means atm they have no info. So take a break if need be and check back to see what's happened from time to time.

lylahmae
09-22-12, 11:34 PM
And i totally understand, but my point is since a Team Lava Rep PonyRoar has said they can't speculate on if/when it'll happen..... this means atm they have no info. So take a break if need be and check back to see what's happened from time to time.

And the fact that we spent money means nothing. We should just quietly walk away and not disturb IOS players with our silly whining after all IOS gets all the good stuff and only their money counts anyway. Imagine if the tables were turned and IOS was the one without the new content...the forum would implode.

libbyjoyous
09-23-12, 12:03 AM
My questions about if android and kindle had or would be getting the update were flat out ignored in other parts of the forum so i started this thread... and it is really unfair that we didnt get the update. Dont forget many of us are (or were) paying customers too...
That being said i have seen alot of support from ios-ers (is that a word?) in other parts of the forum. And i love my ios nighbours.. even though their messages to me are often boxes lol
Check out the monthly suggestion thread.. android and ios alike please request the new dawn expansion for android/kindle fire!

azychan
09-23-12, 01:38 AM

I only want an answer from TL: there is the update for android version or there isn't.
That not mean i'm not patient. This is not the 1st time I have to wait the update for the game of TL that i like, the newest time is Petshop: summer game. Android user can see the reward but no goals no update no new version although ios had. I waited from June to July and now September and the olympic is over but no update.

por245678
09-23-12, 07:17 PM
I really want my boyfriend to play new dawn with me. He said he can't find it in app store. Yes, he have an android.

auroracon
09-23-12, 07:24 PM

No, they said they couldn't speculate when New Dawn was going to be available to android/kindle. They did not answer my question which was whether android/kindle would still be getting new dragons every week like we have been up until last week. Or are every thursday update from now on only going to consist of new dragons that use the light element, which we don't have.

I really dont' care about getting the new version. i just want to know if our version will still have new dragons. Like, on thursday will they release a dragon that is Forest and Water element? which is something both android and ios users can try for regardless if they use New Dawn or the original. Or will all new dragons each thursday contain the light element, meaning we android users will never have a new dragon to try for until TL makes new dawn available for us to download.

It's not the same question and so far I haven't seen this question answered. I don't think there's anything wrong with us asking for a definitive answer on this. I'm not rushing them to put out the new dawn version for us, i just want to know if there will be dragons for us on thursday!

bigsteve03
09-23-12, 07:53 PM
I'm just as upset as anyone over this, but lets be careful not to go to far with our comments. The reps that post on the forums aren't the ones that work on the game itself. So don't be too hard on them if they can't give you the info you want. It just means that they can't get it out of the people higher up. Being a customer rep is a thankless job.

sweetstuff525
09-23-12, 07:55 PM
No, they said they couldn't speculate when New Dawn was going to be available to android/kindle. They did not answer my question which was whether android/kindle would still be getting new dragons every week like we have been up until last week. Or are every thursday update from now on only going to consist of new dragons that use the light element, which we don't have.

I really dont' care about getting the new version. i just want to know if our version will still have new dragons. Like, on thursday will they release a dragon that is Forest and Water element? which is something both android and ios users can try for regardless if they use New Dawn or the original. Or will all new dragons each thursday contain the light element, meaning we android users will never have a new dragon to try for until TL makes new dawn available for us to download.

It's not the same question and so far I haven't seen this question answered. I don't think there's anything wrong with us asking for a definitive answer on this. I'm not rushing them to put out the new dawn version for us, i just want to know if there will be dragons for us on thursday!

I think they said they will support android... Which means you will get weekly updates ...and the light dragons I don't think they wil put any light hybrids because they put 12 already light plus 2 dragons with each different colors ... For example light+red= common light+red = rare ... But I still don't get why they didn't just release the dragons into as weekly update like every week... Maybe because they are working in the dawn version

libbyjoyous
09-23-12, 08:53 PM
I'm just as upset as anyone over this, but lets be careful not to go to far with our comments. The reps that post on the forums aren't the ones that work on the game itself. So don't be too hard on them if they can't give you the info you want. It just means that they can't get it out of the people higher up. Being a customer rep is a thankless job.

I by no means blame the forum mods or representitives. I just hope they pass on whats being said here and that team lava listens and gives us at least weekly updates... or at a firm rollout date.. or any sort of response really...

This game is really fun but if thats all we get then there is no point in playing... gotta work towards something in a game or its pointless.. no updates=nothing new to work towards.

auroracon
09-24-12, 09:52 AM
I by no means blame the forum mods or representitives. I just hope they pass on whats being said here and that team lava listens and gives us at least weekly updates... or at a firm rollout date.. or any sort of response really...

This game is really fun but if thats all we get then there is no point in playing... gotta work towards something in a game or its pointless.. no updates=nothing new to work towards.

I agree. I totally don't mean to disrespect the mods on this forum. I understand they aren't the ones creating the games/updates, they just pass on the info. I just would have preferred a response to my actual question even if its "i honestly have no idea but when i hear from the developers about new dragons for android/kindle ill get back to you". Ya know?

Cause I really really love this game. I really do. I have spent upwards of 200 bucks on it and would continue to spend cash but only if there are new dragons to try for each week. I don't want to buy any gold until I find out for certain, ya know?

But i'm hoping that since they released all the hybrids for the light dragon (like a user above said) that this means the future dragon updates will be with the elements us android/kindle users also have.

Once again i really didn't mean to be disrespectful, and I apologize if I offended anyone with my posts.

shalla666
09-24-12, 11:10 AM
You know, TL needs to understand a couple of things: Androids have been consistently outselling Apple products in recent months, even with Apple winning the lawsuit. Second, Kindle is not only the most popular e-Reader, but it's basically a tablet that has outsold ever other platform ... and with the expectant new Kindle Fire, it's going to be a huge seller. These programs are obviously written in Java, which is a machine-independant language, so porting it over should be all that difficult as long as you are following standard programming practices (I started out in computers as a programmer).

For TL to be profitable, they need to either pick one of the platforms to offer their products, or they need to be able to provide the same updates at the same time to all platforms. You don't really get enough $$ to justify ticking off one group and *maybe* getting one or two small sales before that group realizes what's going on and quits to cover your operating costs. Not to mention the "Goodwill" value, and yes there is still value to "Goodwill" (Business 101).

At the moment, being an Android user, I'm willing to put up with the Force Close on hitting the Market, and when I visit 3-4 ngbs (or post on their walls), since the last update brought that number up from 1-2 ngbs if I was lucky. However, I'm eyeing my daughter's game on her Kindle that looks mighty interesting ... and it doesn't seem to have a lot of Force Close issues reports on the Android ....

TL, I hope you are listening and that you understand that you have the potential to become huge in the smart phone / e-Reader / Tablet gaming market. But Customer Service and buggy games need to be fixed. I truly hope you take this all to heart, because I do like your games and want to continue to see you move forward.