PDA

View Full Version : Social Aspect

AmethystAlicia
09-20-12, 08:37 AM
I'm really not one for games with a heavy social aspect. I don't play Facebook games and I haven't had an Xbox Live account in quite a while. I do like to play iOS games though and DragonVale and Zoo Story 2 are the only Freemium games I play.

Let me start by saying that one of the reasons I love DragonVale so much is because it doesn't force me to rely on my Game Center friends to complete tasks, buy more islands, or breed dragons. I could play DragonVale without any Game Center friends and be able to experience the entirety of the game with no problems. Since starting to play Zoo Story 2 yesterday, I've come to realize that it's the complete opposite. I must have neighbors in Zoo Story if I want to complete certain tasks, expand my zoo, and I'm sure I need them for other things that I haven't encountered yet. It would be one thing if I could add neighbors just by visiting their zoo...but I can't. I have to actively seek them out. It's a pain and many potential players have probably been turned off by this aspect of the game. If it weren't for the fact that I really want to play a zoo management game (have you seen all other zoo management games in the App Store? They're kinda meh) I probably would've stopped playing when I encountered my first social road block.

But I didn't stop playing. If you remove the required social aspect of this game, it's really quite fun, and the nice and cute graphics make playing even more enjoyable. This game would be perfect, if only we weren't required to find neighbors. But if you must keep the social aspect and don't want to tone it down, at least allow us to add neighbors by just visiting their zoo. It would be so much easier that way. Not everyone knows there's forums with an "Add Me" sticky.

Anyways, this is just how I feel about the social aspect of this game. I doubt my post will do anything to change the game or anything, and I doubt my one little post will make the developers consider toning down this part of the game and/or allowing us to just add neighbors via their zoo. But thank you for reading and, if you like, please add me so I can expand my zoo because I'm kinda stuck at the moment on space.

Rachael98
09-20-12, 09:40 AM
(Please don't take this as me attacking your ideas, I just want to represent a different viewpoint!)

A lot of people continue playing the games for the social aspect.
Also, some people who want to be the "best" neighbours they can be, like to visit and help all of their neighbours on a daily basis - if you could just add people, then it would put too much strain on these people and take the fun out of it.
Also, you don't need the forums - you can share IDs with others via the Wall feature.
One final thing, IDs help to identify friends from other Story games :).

cherryberry9
09-28-12, 09:53 PM
I agree with Rachael98 on this one. Although I do wish it was easier to make neighbours.