PDA

View Full Version : Bakery Weekly Update Sep 20, 09-20-12

sehana
09-19-12, 03:39 PM
Coliseum Cake
http://media-cache-ec6.pinterest.com/upload/281123201711004040_2CJBmD8k_f.jpg

Art Stand
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-I7-YTv0sAJA/UFqR12tOTQI/AAAAAAAAGUw/2fQpcbHGiYU/s350/bkry_teaser_20120919.jpg

Luna48
09-19-12, 04:46 PM
Thanks Sehana for posting. If it's another new oven, I won't be buying. Not with the recipes prices.

winstons93
09-19-12, 08:05 PM
The second teaser is on the bakery story Facebook page ... It's a street artist ... Kind of cute, thinking about where I could put it in my bakery. I can't post the picture, but maybe someone else can?

sehana
09-19-12, 08:48 PM
Thank you :) ... updated :)

soclassymom
09-19-12, 09:10 PM
I paint ,must have it in my bakery if it is for 40 gems

bigbux3
09-19-12, 09:14 PM
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-I7-YTv0sAJA/UFqR12tOTQI/AAAAAAAAGUw/2fQpcbHGiYU/s350/bkry_teaser_20120919.jpg

This is going to be in the new box. I know it. The box will be released tomorrow. The Art Stand is 2nd place.

mymummy789
09-20-12, 06:47 AM
love the Art Stand. I hope it isn't in a box - I only ever seem to get 3rd and 4th prizes from them

queentina3
09-20-12, 06:59 AM
This is going to be in the new box. I know it. The box will be released tomorrow. The Art Stand is 2nd place.

Yup, and the Gelato Stand that was teased a few weeks ago will be 1st prize.

kisseop
09-20-12, 10:58 AM
Buuuu I don't want a box. What if I get the first prize (hahahaha) when I want the second ;) Want it so bad @.@ Art theme would be such an amazing idea.

sweetstuff525
09-20-12, 11:02 AM
It's going to be box... But too bad since I'm not buying gems do to new pricing structure

LalaSmooth
09-20-12, 11:22 AM
Where is the update

LCAHEARTS
09-20-12, 11:37 AM
Indeed. LIL ITALY BOX [Leaning Tower, Coliseum Cake, Gelato Stand, etc]

TUSCAN TABLE - 3 gems
TUSCAN STOOL - 41,000
IVY - 9 gems
CAFE DIVIDER - 2 gems
TUSCAN PLANTER - 50,000
TUSCANY WALL- 2 gems
BEIGE BRICK TILE - 8,000
TUSCAN COUNTER - 65,000

**Some of the above may be from last week. I didn't bother with the update last week so I apologize in advance!

LalaSmooth
09-20-12, 11:40 AM
Where is the cake? Is it an item from the box?

LCAHEARTS
09-20-12, 11:43 AM

According to the pop up notification about the box, yes. I assume it's decor and not an actual cake we can bake.

CopperBoom
09-20-12, 11:57 AM

Yes it's 3rd prize I believe

bawpotter
09-20-12, 12:16 PM
Alrgiht. This game has lost it all together. RS is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY better! A new appliance and a new recipe, 4 new recipes, and 8 more free gems. What did BS get? A chance at a 24x gem trap and nothing even remotely useful!

I'm sorry, TL. You have failed on this game...

sweetstuff525
09-20-12, 12:17 PM
One piece of floor 20,000 hahahaha

lola1190
09-20-12, 12:43 PM
These prices are ridiculous. 20,000 for one floor tile? 62,000 for one counter? I suppose it doesn't matter that I cant afford this stuff as my bakery is pretty cramped and I now can't afford to expand.

lambyo
09-20-12, 12:45 PM
1st prize Gelato Stand
2nd prize Artist
3rd prize Colliseum cake

Baraze
09-20-12, 12:49 PM
They hate me. So happy I blew my gems on the cake/tea and donut box. Whatever I save will be for the spooky stuff. Boo!

queentina3
09-20-12, 12:51 PM
OMG I'm LMAO so much over the Tuscan Clay floor tile at 20,000! Seriously ROFL!! They are NUTS!

Luna48
09-20-12, 12:52 PM
Yes, sweetstuff, 22,000 per tile - truly LOL. My bakery is 20X23 so that's 460 tiles. Assuming I wanted to completely retile my place, that would cost 10,120,00. Really???? To change out the floor tile when I'm not earning nearly what I was before. Not sure how these changes are improving the game. LOL

sweetstuff525
09-20-12, 12:59 PM
Wow tl look nobody is excited about update like we used to be.... Miss those times ... Bad timing on box we still are not happy about prices

sehana
09-20-12, 01:46 PM
anyone spot any recipes?

marrrina
09-20-12, 01:51 PM
anyone spot any recipes?

It seems TL has only given us the joy of spending our precious coins and gems on items this week. Definitely no recipes.

sehana
09-20-12, 01:54 PM
It seems TL has only given us the joy of spending our precious coins and gems on items this week. Definitely no recipes.
LOL, gotcha! They could at least come out with more recipes if they're gonna raise prices :/

thank u :)

shakiba
09-20-12, 02:23 PM
hmm.. the box..should i buy or not?

agreed with everyone else, 20 000 for a tile? pffttt.

sweetstuff525
09-20-12, 02:25 PM
I didnt buy nothing... Want to save gems for Halloween since I'm not buying gems

lotusthreads
09-20-12, 03:07 PM
Since they raised the prices, I refuse to buy gems, so no box for me either...

thatgirl444
09-20-12, 04:19 PM
I think I got all the items from the box except for the first prize, which is th counter....there is a cute fountain that is second and the painter guy is second

OrdinaryJoe
09-20-12, 04:32 PM
I think I got all the items from the box except for the first prize, which is th counter....there is a cute fountain that is second and the painter guy is second

Are there pictures of the box items? I don't know where to look....

queentina3
09-20-12, 04:37 PM
Are there pictures of the box items? I don't know where to look....

Nobody has posted any yet, and of course Stormie doesn't have the items. I mean that was the point of him wasn't it? Showing items, especially box items, but he doesn't have anything we all haven't seen before. :rolleyes:

Maybe someone that actually opened the box would be kind enough to post pics, but considering how many people have quit playing, well..............................

winstons93
09-20-12, 05:37 PM
I got the Rome couch, which is a 3rd place item. It's cute.

thatgirl444
09-20-12, 06:40 PM
If anyone wants to come to my bakery I could display them....I don't have room hence they are not out at this moment. If anyone volunteers to take pics I will take them out....MSG me on bakery if you are willing to do it...I think I have all the items except the counter

yumpixels
09-20-12, 08:43 PM
It seems like it would be cute, but with the price hike, I can't expand my bakery to accommodate more items. I didn't focus on expansion at first and I had just gotten my bakery decorated how I liked it and was going to focus on expanding and then the prices went up. I could buy gems to expand, but I don't want to spend my money on more space, I'd spend it on decorations, which I have no room for so it's a moot point. Lame.

I figured I'd see how it went for a bit with the price hikes until posting and I can say for certain that the fun factor has went down the toilet. Now it just seems like an endless grind unless I want to dump hundreds of dollars into the game. I used to look forward to all the new stuff I could buy, etc. but now, not so much.

On a side note, my bakery customers seem to be moving a touch faster today. Does it seem like that to anyone else or is it just wishful thinking on my part?

Also, I did all of the bread baking goals and unlocked Jean-Pierre, but other other goals, like the truffle char, just sit in my store unobtainable. Is this an android thing or what?

xoxjenn
09-20-12, 09:19 PM
I want to see pics of the box items! If someone has any of them can they post them? Besides the gelato stand, I've seen it.

house0fjoy
09-20-12, 09:46 PM
I used to look forward to updates and click away with gleeful abandon with boxes...not anymore. What used to be a fun game is no longer ... Taking my business elsewhere.

hotwingzz
09-20-12, 10:19 PM
Yea everyone knew that like gelato guy was in the box they just like rubbing salt in the wounds I wanted him too but no way am I gonna buy gems again

candys2sweet
09-20-12, 11:47 PM
This weeks update was a real let down. I wanted new recipes to level up. I never spend gems on the stupid boxes. I only want new recipes, preferably on the older appliances. Im hoping they have a really good halloween update coming soon cause the game is getting really stale.

soclassymom
09-21-12, 12:39 AM
I got Barrel Stand
Leaning Tower
And Flower Lamps
all are 4th prizes I think
I like to try again , love Art Stand probably won't win the 2nd prize, in bakery all I get is 4th

queentina3
09-21-12, 02:21 AM
Also, I did all of the bread baking goals and unlocked Jean-Pierre, but other other goals, like the truffle char, just sit in my store unobtainable. Is this an android thing or what?

The other goal items that are locked, recipes/decor, are from XMAS/New Years/Valentine/World Games goals that haven't been released to Android yet. I think because there was such an uproar on the boards about the Bread Oven that wasn't given to Android but released to iOS through a goal, TL decided to give you guys that goal chain first. Nobody knows if TL will ever release the other goal items to Android.

trace35
09-21-12, 03:19 AM
It's not just android that didn't get the seasonal goals. Anyone who started playing after valentines also will never have the chance. That's why they are called 'seasonal'.

ipaddolo
09-21-12, 03:34 AM
Anyone noticed their blog post about this weekly's updates? they are advertising the Italian Box in Bakery story speaking french!!! They say "Bienvenue" and "Adieu" that are french words, instead to use the italian ones. Good job!

oldunosocite
09-21-12, 04:56 AM
1st try and I got the art stand :D
This is exciting (since I only had 25 gems- 1 gem left now)

yumpixels
09-21-12, 07:52 AM
It's not just android that didn't get the seasonal goals. Anyone who started playing after valentines also will never have the chance. That's why they are called 'seasonal'.

Awe, that sucks. I'd really love to have those truffle chairs! It just says goal with a little lock symbol so I thought it was something I was missing goals for. Sometimes when I log in the little clip board flashes but then disappears so I thought maybe something was wrong.

yum199
09-21-12, 07:56 AM
I was hoping for an amazing update this week 2 make up 4 all the ill will TL have caused.Sadly I'm once again dissapointed but have come 2 expect this of TL.Before the changes I would have been the first one in buying gems 2 gamble on boxes but not now.Just aswell there is only ugly content in this weeks update.Enough with all the ugly brown food already.

hotwingzz
09-21-12, 08:55 AM
Awe, that sucks. I'd really love to have those truffle chairs! It just says goal with a little lock symbol so I thought it was something I was missing goals for. Sometimes when I log in the little clip board flashes but then disappears so I thought maybe something was wrong.

I'm sorry you can't get them wish I could give you some of mine :(

frozendelitexD
09-21-12, 10:19 AM
Oh well - we Android players are at the losing end. And the past two updates are plain boring lol. Don't fancy the junk looking new oven that only has 2 recipes, and not interested in the Italian box either. TL is getting so low on creativity, no wonder there is a need to increase prices :)

soclassymom
09-21-12, 10:51 AM
1st try and I got the art stand :D
This is exciting (since I only had 25 gems- 1 gem left now)

Lucky u ^_^
I tried 7 times and got the Trevi Fountion it's ugly I want the art stand

shanamerny3
09-21-12, 12:16 PM
The new items in this update are really cute but like other have stated, how is it attainable? I wasn't really focused on expanding like someone else wrote but I was getting more and more decos until I had no room. I had to change my whole store and just put tables up to make some coins from my tippers! I was a couple of thousands away from expanding when they doubled the price. I felt it took forever just making 2,000,000 and now you want to double the price? How am I to bake as well, when you have doubled the prices on food? I spend more money baking then actually saving to expand. And forget decorating since this happened. I barely have any stoves out now. Pretty soon, I'll shut the whole thing down and sad (because I love this game!) but you will lose not only me as a loyal customer but many many more..half of my neighbors bakeries have no tables and a few of my loyal tipping neighbors have left the game altogether. TL thinks this is a way for them to make a profit but in actuality, they are losing business from those who use their hard earn money on a game that is supposed to be fun.

pop16
09-21-12, 12:27 PM
Can someone please display all items in the box..jeez..do it already! Ugh..

OrdinaryJoe
09-21-12, 12:39 PM
I found this picture:

http://i.imgur.com/aMz5i.png

I hope the link works.. Sorry if it doesn't.

OrdinaryJoe
09-21-12, 12:39 PM
I should add that the picture belongs to Team Lava.

I found this picture:

http://i.imgur.com/aMz5i.png

kisseop
09-21-12, 01:11 PM
I bought the box 3 times, first the 4th prize, then 3th prize and lastly the second one YAY!!!
4th prize Barrel Stand
3th prize Coliseum Cake (bleh :/, will stay in my inventory, forever :P)
2th prize Art Stand <3
Pics:
http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r548/Martiniss89/bakery_story-2012-09-21-09-58-30_zps6d546ed6.png
http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r548/Martiniss89/bakery_story-2012-09-21-09-57-54_zpsfc489877.png
In the background (behind Art Stand) Cafe dividers, these are great ^^ New table is also nice. Floor tile not worth buying. I'm thinking about the counter though. And if you think they are overpriced, counters in RS also cost 40-60k, the only difference is that you actually make $$ in RS. Heh I guess I'll never expand.

shakiba
09-21-12, 01:15 PM
I do admit, some of the things in the box are really nice for more of a simple or ordinary things in a bakery. I would've tried it if it wasn't for those other lame prizes. I didn't even buy 1 item this week because it's just expensive. No point.

soclassymom
09-21-12, 01:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JkeCn.jpg

kisseop
09-21-12, 01:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JkeCn.jpg

This is the fountain for 2nd prize? It's like better version of Poseidon Fountain http://i46.tinypic.com/2mfwgy.png >.<

trace35
09-21-12, 01:45 PM
Whatever happened to the gelato stand?

kisseop
09-21-12, 01:46 PM
Whatever happened to the gelato stand?1st prize in Lil Italy Box

soclassymom
09-21-12, 01:53 PM
This is the fountain for 2nd prize? It's like better version of Poseidon Fountain http://i46.tinypic.com/2mfwgy.png >.<

Yes it's 2nd

trace35
09-21-12, 02:46 PM
1st prize in Lil Italy Box

Is it still that hideous green colour?

kisseop
09-21-12, 02:54 PM
Is it still that hideous green colour?
do you actually think (hope) they'd change that just because we (forum users) did not like it? ;)

And what's with this fountain, lets put aside the fact that it looks just like Poseidon Fountain from Olympic theme, but why is the water leaking out of it? They want our customers to drown?

OpeningCeremony
09-21-12, 03:31 PM
do you actually think (hope) they'd change that just because we (forum users) did not like it? ;)

And what's with this fountain, lets put aside the fact that it looks just like Poseidon Fountain from Olympic theme, but why is the water leaking out of it? They want our customers to drown?

i think they were trying to go for the famous Trevi Fountain that is in Rome. but of course it's not nearly as gorgeous as the real thing.

trace35
09-21-12, 04:01 PM

Lmao! I'm sorry, I just can't put aside the fact it's such a blatant rip off! I feel embarrassed for TL.

tweetea
09-21-12, 04:58 PM
What a waste of 24 gems :/ I was hoping for the gelato stand instead I'm stuck with this but ugly Trevi fountain :(

muggapug
09-21-12, 06:19 PM
If Team Lava wants to go with an Italian theme, how about some Venetian glass or Milanese elegance instead of decorations fit for the Sopranos? Ready to move on to new theme--how about fall and easing into Halloween.

yumpixels
09-21-12, 08:31 PM
I'm sorry you can't get them wish I could give you some of mine :(

Awe thanks! I'd gladly take them!

On the Italian box:

A gondola or maybe something espresso themed would've been kinda cool. It doesn't seem like much research as far as Italy and Italian dessert culture went into it. Kinda like they just put Italy into the Google search bar, hit the image button, and picked a few pictures to base the designs off of. I find the set on the whole kinda meh, except for the art stand. I like the cuter and more colorful sets much better. This theme would have worked much better for Restaurant Story, but perhaps they were trying to expand the bread recipes since the the Jean-Pierre recipes were for more savory breads. I think a gelato machine or even just an Italian dessert machine would have been better. I think Italian foods I'd like to have in a bakery, I think biscotti (I know we already have that recipe) and cannoli!! Where are the cannolis?

ipaddolo
09-22-12, 02:21 AM
i am disappointed aswell about the italian theme, it's all about Rome (except the leaning tower) and boring. It looks that for TL we italians are only "pizza, mafia e mandolino". The french theme in the Madeleine Tin basket was WAAAAAY better

kisseop
09-22-12, 02:41 AM
I think Italian foods I'd like to have in a bakery, I think biscotti (I know we already have that recipe) and cannoli!! Where are the cannolis?
There are cannolis ;) I haven't mastered those yet.

Personally I like the new box, except for the Colliseum Cake (would be so much better without that hideous table) and that fountain... Instead they could've give us some vases, sculptures, paintings.

oldunosocite
09-22-12, 05:06 AM
Lucky u ^_^
I tried 7 times and got the Trevi Fountion it's ugly I want the art stand

Seems to me like the lesser gems u have, the luckier u are with these box items.

soclassymom
09-22-12, 11:27 AM
Seems to me like the lesser gems u have, the luckier u are with these box items.

Maybe u r right ,I have now 8 gems I need 16 and will try again^_^

Baraze
09-23-12, 10:57 PM
My finger became twitchy and I got two boxes. I'm ashamed.....

I have the leaning tower which is a kinda cute crooked wedding cake. And the coliseum cake.

09-24-12, 05:34 PM
I didn't get this update... :/ I don't know if it didn't come out yet but if it did I didn't get it.. :( :/

angeleyes17
09-25-12, 07:25 AM
you're not missing anything

rainkissed
09-25-12, 08:03 AM
If Team Lava wants to go with an Italian theme, how about some Venetian glass or Milanese elegance instead of decorations fit for the Sopranos? Ready to move on to new theme--how about fall and easing into Halloween.

ITA ...I think most of the prizes were tacky this time...not worth it IMO. the trevi fountain was just a rendition of an already ugly poisedon fountain :( I expected better for one of the second prizes. Ill wait for the next theme to come out.

09-26-12, 01:29 PM
you're not missing anything

OK!! :D :p