PDA

View Full Version : So Tired of New Android Version Foreclosing

sunnyazchica
09-17-12, 07:53 PM
I was already trying to decide whether or not to quit and now I can't even play without foreclosing??!!!???

StellarBabe33
09-17-12, 08:12 PM
SAME HERE!
Has been happening for almost a month now so who knows how long it will take for them to fix it (if they are even working on it).

DaojinWildfire
09-18-12, 04:04 PM
Make sure you have closed all of the background applications so your device has enough memory to run the game. If you have cleared all of the background apps and are still experiencing force close issues, please send an email to Support (support@teamlava.com), so they can check your account for any issues.

StellarBabe33
09-18-12, 05:09 PM
Make sure you have closed all of the background applications so your device has enough memory to run the game. If you have cleared all of the background apps and are still experiencing force close issues, please send an email to Support (support@teamlava.com), so they can check your account for any issues.

Have emailed them twice. They say they are sending to engineering team then I never hear from them ever again.
Have tried all of these tricks also & nothing works. Update is what messed up the game, never happened till after that.

MomsHouseofSweets
09-23-12, 06:24 AM
Force Close and restart issues have been happening for some time now and it does interfere with playing ... a lot! On 9/21, within 2 hours, I went through Force Close and restarts 54 times! On 9/22, within 1 hour and 5 minutes, the Force Close and restarts totaled 42. I have lost food due to spoilage, can't tip neighbors because of it, can't bake because of the Force Close and restart issues. Extremely frustrating!!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled my bakery many, many times, but that doesn't help. I've had my device checked out (Android), had AT&T check out connection (twice), had techs to my house to double check set up (twice) and was told that the problem is not on my end. My daughter talked me into staying, but the Force Close and restarts have interfered with playing so badly, that I'm not able to play and am seriously considering to stop and delete permanently. I work and can't spend 2 hours trying to bake, collect tips and tip/gift my neighbors, because of constant Force Close and restarts.

cocobrown28
09-23-12, 03:14 PM
I have the same problem with my android. After I updated I haven't been able to play and this was over a month ago. I also sent email after email and they lied to me also about the so called engineering team. Reinstalling isn't gona help. I've also rebooted my device and reinstalled and nothing helped. Its TL and their updates that messed everything up.

coecoex5
09-26-12, 02:24 PM
I agree! I can't open & run my bakery at all since yesterday. Sent email ya right they will do anything. High volume of emails....MAYBE U SHOULD LOWER PRICES ON GEMS, STUFF FOR OUR STORES, EXPANSIONS & FIX THE FORCE CLOSE ISSUES & U WON'T HAVE SO MANY EMAILS!!!!! TL great at creating fun games but not so good at keeping them running.......

MomsHouseofSweets
09-27-12, 10:33 AM
I have no background apps running. Have the current version. I kept a log, minute by minute and have emailed Support this morning. This has become extremely frustrating.

[S8] Elsa
09-27-12, 10:42 AM
Please update your Bakery Story to 1.5.5.2. You can download it from Google Play. Please let us know if this issue continues after you're up to date.

cocobrown28
09-27-12, 11:46 PM
Please update your Bakery Story to 1.5.5.2. You can download it from Google Play. Please let us know if this issue continues after you're up to date.

I have the 1.5.5.2 on my phone and its not working. For BS and RS. I've never had any problems with the forceclose issue until I updated over a month ago. I have rebooted my device back to factory settings and reinstalled those two apps and neither will open.

StellarBabe33
09-28-12, 09:16 AM
i have the 1.5.5.2 on my phone and its not working. For bs and rs. I've never had any problems with the forceclose issue until i updated over a month ago. I have rebooted my device back to factory settings and reinstalled those two apps and neither will open.

same issue!

FrozenTurtle
09-28-12, 10:38 AM
For anyone still experiencing issues with force closing or excessively slow loading times, can you please let us know what device you are using and the current version of your app? You can find the app version in the Help/FAQ menu of the game. Thanks!

cocobrown28
09-28-12, 11:12 AM
I have a samsung fascinate galaxy s and version 1.5.5.2 storm id cocobrown28

StellarBabe33
09-28-12, 02:21 PM
Force closing all the time where I can't play at all - haven't been able to play in over a month.
My device is a Samsung Galaxy S & app versions are 1.5.5.2.

Please fix - I think the issue may be with Samsung devices.

nmishii
09-28-12, 02:41 PM
Samsung EPIC 4G (Galaxy S). BS 1.5.5.2.

Excessively slow loading times.

sunnyazchica
09-28-12, 06:13 PM
I have an LG my Touch and the newest Android version. I have noticed that it forecloses more often when on wifi than not. I have wondered if how bogged down the new program has gotten is not a good match for Android. For instance, everytime I pick a gift and it tries to put it on a counter my whole screen has to go away and come back with it on the counter, where before it just popped up on the counter without having to reset itself. (if that made any sense)

StellarBabe33
09-29-12, 10:23 AM
Force closing all the time where I can't play at all - haven't been able to play in over a month.
My device is a Samsung Galaxy S & app versions are 1.5.5.2.

Please fix - I think the issue may be with Samsung devices.

My device is a Samsung VIBRANT Galaxy S - just realized I forgot to specify that.

sunnyazchica
09-30-12, 10:02 PM
Okay, so I must have jinxed myself with my last posting. All I had all weekend was constant freezing and foreclosing. Couldn't even get to neighbors stores. It foreclosed every time I tried to open and do something this weekend...even with wifi off.

StellarBabe33
10-01-12, 05:28 PM
I hate weekends now because I know I won't get an email back from TL support & I am left waiting in agony! Still nothing back today either..

For anyone still experiencing issues with force closing or excessively slow loading times, can you please let us know what device you are using and the current version of your app? You can find the app version in the Help/FAQ menu of the game. Thanks!
FrozenTurtle - Since you asked for this, does that mean that you are gathering information to fix this problem once & for all? An update maybe that will actually fix this issue?
I am so sad that Halloween items are out (my favorite) & I can't even play!

melby29
10-01-12, 07:26 PM
I think my bakery will foreclose soon, since I'm not making money on it anymore and can't afford the mortgage payment.

trace35
10-01-12, 07:37 PM
I think my bakery will foreclose soon, since I'm not making money on it anymore and can't afford the mortgage payment.

I don't think anyone will want to buy it in the mortgagee auction either, when they see what kind of profits it was making.

StellarBabe33
10-01-12, 07:59 PM

Lol that is so sad.
I haven't even seen the price increases, that is how long my game has been forcing closed/not opening! (a.k.a. ever since updating)

sunnyazchica
10-01-12, 09:25 PM
Now I am wondering if the system just can't handle that many players at once, since it is foreclosing a bit less today. I was on it alot more over the weekend like most folks I expect and couldn't do anything with all the freezing and foreclosing.

melby29
10-01-12, 11:47 PM
Now I am wondering if the system just can't handle that many players at once, since it is foreclosing a bit less today. I was on it alot more over the weekend like most folks I expect and couldn't do anything with all the freezing and foreclosing.

You could be right, but why would player numbers be down today?

A company as profitable as TL should have no problem with having servers large enough to cope with the demand from their games.

StellarBabe33
10-02-12, 05:53 PM
Based on what support has been telling me, I'm led to believe the only way to fix this problem is to purchase a new "updated" device.
Very upsetting. That should not be the answer when my phone works perfectly fine until updating my games causing them not to open now.

Unless an update to fix this is in the works that no one has mentioned.
Really hope that is true, I think TL would rather us spend our money on their games than buying a new phone just to play the games.

sunnyazchica
10-02-12, 08:32 PM
My phone is brand new...not even 6 months old yet.

StellarBabe33
10-02-12, 08:48 PM
My phone is brand new...not even 6 months old yet.

That's interesting..because they keep telling me my device must be too old: "older devices may have issues running the games due to the increase in resources required to properly run the games."
But if yours is new, this makes no sense at all....they should just need to make a fix for iT!

FrozenTurtle
10-03-12, 10:45 PM
I hate weekends now because I know I won't get an email back from TL support & I am left waiting in agony! Still nothing back today either..

FrozenTurtle - Since you asked for this, does that mean that you are gathering information to fix this problem once & for all? An update maybe that will actually fix this issue?
I am so sad that Halloween items are out (my favorite) & I can't even play!

We're currently investigating less-than-optimal performance on certain Android devices. There's no ETA on if/when an update or fix would be implemented, but we are aware that there is an issue with certain devices.

gorl1220
10-03-12, 11:52 PM
After updating new android version, I have a problem forceclosing.. I can`t enter my bakery.

sunnyazchica
10-04-12, 05:53 PM
Frozen Turtle - would you ask them to offer both versions to players - the goals version and the non-goals version? That way for those of us that have issues with the goals version could go back onto say Google Play and download the original version. I haven't downloaded the Fashion Story goals version yet because I don't want the problems I am having here in Bakery Story.

StellarBabe33
10-04-12, 07:40 PM
My games haven't opened in over a month. Finally went looking online & found older versions of the game. Downloaded them & my games open now. So definitely the new update making my games force close. I don't have the goals though since I got an older version, that is the least of my worries though, just wanted to play. Somehow they still managed to give me the increased prices in BS with the older version though of course.

robind30
10-05-12, 06:32 PM
After updating new android version, I have a problem forceclosing.. I can`t enter my bakery.

Same here. I'm on an HTC Shift. I've uninstalled/reinstalled, moved the game to an SD card, stopped everything nonessential from running and still can't play. I have plenty of memory and could play fine until the last update. Sigh.

cocobrown28
10-06-12, 04:49 PM
Stellar where did u find the older version? I want to go back to it so I can open my game.

sweettooth6
10-07-12, 09:40 AM
Lots of force closing here, too --- or my bakery slows down to snail speed when I'm trying to scroll through my newsfeed or neighbors list. The speed decrease only seems to be (temporarily) fixed by closing the game and re-opening, but this become time consuming when you have to do it several times just to tip your news feed.

I'm on Droid X

m2cute4jerks
10-08-12, 09:26 AM
Great, that is what I just did (update) and now my RS and BS are not opening AT ALL. If this is the case, I want every PENNY I spent on gems refunded to me from the last year and a half - very irritating.

ashleybrooke82
10-08-12, 11:32 AM
ive been having this issue for 4 days now with bakery story only, all the other games seem to be fine. i've got my game moved to sd card, have uninstall/reinstalled and restarted my phone (android) and all of my games are updated. like one of the previous posts says, it works for the first time i open it after reinstalling but that's it. it continues to force close. ive got a task ****er that ****s every 30mins on my phone so it's always constantly closing out background apps. help!!!

m2cute4jerks
10-08-12, 03:15 PM
I tried doing this and it forces close every time. It is doing this for both RS and BS. If they are not fixing this issue, I would like to get my money back for all the gems I purchased in the last year and a half. Obviously they are not listening to us android users if this has been going on over a month. Please let me know what I need to do to get this fixed asap, this is DAY THREE that I am not able to get in.

m2cute4jerks
10-08-12, 03:15 PM

I tried doing this and it forces close every time. It is doing this for both RS and BS. If they are not fixing this issue, I would like to get my money back for all the gems I purchased in the last year and a half. Obviously they are not listening to us android users if this has been going on over a month. Please let me know what I need to do to get this fixed asap, this is DAY THREE that I am not able to get in.

FrozenTurtle
10-08-12, 03:39 PM

Have you tried running Bakery Story with no other apps running in the background?

sweetstuff525
10-08-12, 03:44 PM

You won't get you money back that you have spent... Tl doesn't Even refund money for accidental purchases

chessnterrible
10-09-12, 04:14 PM
I've had NUMEROUS force closing issues, too. All other background applications closed. I've had less force closings since the update, but not by much. however, since the update I haven't received credit for items in halloween goal challenges, gifts dont appear in inventory, and most disturbing... gems I purchased with REAL money have been charged to my credit card, but not showing up in the game.

still waiting to hear from TL support.

sunnyazchica
10-09-12, 05:45 PM
So I downloaded the most recent BS update in Google Play. It is no longer foreclosing, but it has gone absolutely psycho!!! And now all the other games are foreclosing constantly instead of BS and they are not the new goals version....you just can't win!