PDA

View Full Version : Why I won't buy gems

pnrrth
09-17-12, 12:48 PM
It seems like this feedback has been posted several times in the past, but I wanted to add in my own experience regarding so-labeled "Gem traps"

I recently received the update for the Android App. Now all of the message windows load up as they are ready as opposed to making the app wait for all of the messages to load before doing anything. This sounds great on paper, but in reality, you start to do things in the game and message windows randomly pop up as you are in the middle of doing things. This is not good.

I had logged into RS, and was scrolling the window to the lower right to check on my food. I wasn't looking closely at the screen, but apparently as I was scrolling and trying to make all of the messages go away, one of the message windows regarding the updates automatically opens the mystery box menu and shows the new 50's box. My finger hit one of the mystery boxes as I was trying to scroll and get rid of the randomly appearing message boxes and boom, all my GEMS that I had been building up for over a month are now gone.

The only positive I can see here is thank goodness I didn't spend real money on Gems and get stuck with something I didn't want. Experiences like this keep me from purchasing gems because it is way too easy to accidentally purchase things with Gems with no confirmation box. This is not a good thing when real money is involved.

I play other (non-TL) games and have purchased gems on them. They all have confirmation windows before you make a purchase and you are assured you get what you pay for. That is how it should be. From other posts I have read, it is pointless to bring this to TL for a Gem refund.

For what it is worth, this is my feedback regarding the gem situation in both RS and BS. I don't play any other TL games, and I don't think I will.

jamesdean1957
09-29-12, 04:17 PM
Good! I am sorry that happened to you.

mattyboo1
09-29-12, 04:22 PM
I'm sorry that happened