PDA

View Full Version : Appliances Based on Square Footage?

SugarMadam
09-16-12, 09:28 PM
I'm at Level 85 and maxed out at 18 appliances (8 ovens, 7 stoves, 3 burger grills). One of my neighbors is at Level 50 has 28 ovens/stoves and 5 drink machines. Another neighbors at Level 78 and has 15 ovens and 5 folk ovens.

Is the amount of appliances based on square footage of a restaurant? Could someone explain how my neighbors can have that many appliances at their level. Am I missing something?

greygull
09-16-12, 09:38 PM
They are buying additional appliance slots - you only get the 18 free ones, last one at level 73. Depending on when they bought them, it either cost them 24 or 49 gems per slot (price increased on those a month or two ago).

SugarMadam
09-16-12, 09:49 PM
Thank you greygull. I could not figure out how they could have 3 times the appliances...must of cost them plenty of gems.

greygull
09-16-12, 09:53 PM
You're welcome :)

There are places that have over 100 appliances - and some even more then that. http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?12916-CRAZY-restaurants This thread shows a lot of people's places, including some with lots of appliances.

phatmama08
09-17-12, 10:13 AM
They are buying additional appliance slots - you only get the 18 free ones, last one at level 73. Depending on when they bought them, it either cost them 24 or 49 gems per slot (price increased on those a month or two ago).

I'm just curious if you buy a appliance before you earn all your free spots does the affect opening the free ones? Like I'm on level 35 next one opens at 37...if I but one now will I still get one then? I have no plans on spending real money on gems, I just thought it was an interesting thread. LOL!

phatmama08
09-17-12, 10:19 AM
I meant to say appliance slot

queentina3
09-17-12, 10:20 AM
I'm just curious if you buy a appliance before you earn all your free spots does the affect opening the free ones? Like I'm on level 35 next one opens at 37...if I but one now will I still get one then? I have no plans on spending real money on gems, I just thought it was an interesting thread. LOL!

I meant to say appliance slot

No it won't affect it. By the time you reach level 73 you'll have all free 18 spots open to you, any extra you purchased will just be added onto that number. So if you purchase one spot now, when you hit level 73 you'll have 19 spots for appliances instead of just the 18.

JohnDede
09-17-12, 10:24 AM
When you open extra slots, they stay in the game the whole time, and the free slots still open up at the same place, as if you hadn't added an extra appliance. I have 26 appliances, but my last one still came at level 73, as it would if I had no extras. Extra appliances are very helpful at the earliest levels, but are always an advantage.

phatmama08
09-17-12, 10:28 AM
Thank you queentina3 and johnDede for the info. I had always wondered why someone would spend all those gems just to open a slot early. Now I get it. Thanks again.