PDA

View Full Version : Which residences to build?

KadeeDid
09-16-12, 09:34 AM
I need more homes. which should. I buy for highest increase?

Redcliff12
11-18-12, 11:33 AM
I think the high rise condo and the gallery home is the best. What does everyone else think?

Charsville
11-18-12, 01:38 PM
How often you visit will help determine which buildings to buy. Do you visit twice a day or every two hours? The best to build is the Condo Highrise and later the Glass Tower. Both take only one square space. I also like Fancy Condos. Avoid the small houses. They eat energy and pay very little.

Charsville
01-03-13, 12:42 AM
My new favorite is the Chalet Bungalow. A small house that pays a lot every 4 hours.

psykopod19
01-03-13, 06:40 AM
I agree with you Charsville
I'm currently building an entire neighborhood full of Chalet Bungalows

lilacpear
05-08-13, 10:03 AM
The absolute best residence is the Condo Highrise. Costs $8,500 to buy, only 6 energy to build, and yields $90 every 30 minutes. It pays for itself after 95 collections, which can be done in 48 hours. Granted, it's a lot of energy consumption but with the new energy levels this shouldn't be a problem. It's also a lot of tapping every 30 minutes, but nothing can be done about that.

The only deal better than the Condo Highrise is the Modern Apartments ($160 every 30 minutes), but those cost a whooping 120 gems each. Definitely not worth the price.

I think any residence that takes longer than 2 hours to pay up is inefficient, no matter the yield. That includes the Glass Tower, unfortunately ($210 every 16 hours); it looks very nice, but it's a time-waster.

-lp

fireballnc
05-08-13, 03:26 PM
My city has mostly high rise homes for it's residents. If I wanted to build suburbs of the main city, then I will build out smaller, but most of the houses in my city as high rises.

fireballnc
05-08-13, 03:29 PM
The absolute best residence is the Condo Highrise. Costs $8,500 to buy, only 6 energy to build, and yields $90 every 30 minutes. It pays for itself after 95 collections, which can be done in 48 hours. Granted, it's a lot of energy consumption but with the new energy levels this shouldn't be a problem. It's also a lot of tapping every 30 minutes, but nothing can be done about that.

The only deal better than the Condo Highrise is the Modern Apartments ($160 every 30 minutes), but those cost a whooping 120 gems each. Definitely not worth the price.

I think any residence that takes longer than 2 hours to pay up is inefficient, no matter the yield. That includes the Glass Tower, unfortunately ($210 every 16 hours); it looks very nice, but it's a time-waster.

-lp

Determines how much you check in for the glass tower. An even mix is nice. I have many glass towers in my city, but I am still bringing in almost 50,000 - 70,000 coins in a day. I am beginning to rely on my businesses more. I am at a good level, but I can see more business additions to the city.

lilacpear
05-13-13, 05:29 AM
Determines how much you check in for the glass tower. An even mix is nice. I have many glass towers in my city, but I am still bringing in almost 50,000 - 70,000 coins in a day. I am beginning to rely on my businesses more. I am at a good level, but I can see more business additions to the city.

If you replaced your Glass Towers with Condo Highrises, you'd be making a lot more. In the 16 hours it takes to collect $260 from one Glass Tower, you could have collected $2,880 from one Condo Highrise. It's not even close.

An even mix of residences is nice to look at (I have a few NYC Brownstones and SF Victorians, and even a Paris flat - all chosen because they look nice), but there really is no residence with better revenue than the Condo Highrise.

-lp

elwood99
05-13-13, 06:10 AM
If you replaced your Glass Towers with Condo Highrises, you'd be making a lot more. In the 16 hours it takes to collect $260 from one Glass Tower, you could have collected $2,880 from one Condo Highrise. It's not even close.
-lp

You forgot to include energy level - it is more complex than what you make it out ie more than just earnings per time.

Lets simplify things assume there are no industries and business ok. Assume you have infinite number of residences.

You got 20 energy per hour. Now if you have only infinite amount of condo highrise you can only earn 20 x 90 = 1800 gold per hour.
Suppose you have dutch colonial, you can earn 210 gold x 20 = 4,200 gold per hour. You can replace dutch colonial with glass house and you get the picture. The problem with glass condo is it needs 16 hour refill so you need plenty of it. The space could be better utilized with higher earning community building

jonathanharker
05-13-13, 10:37 AM
The Blue Live Work Loft is my favorite.

I have time to check quickly maybe once every hour or so and I want to collect as much money as possibile with each visit =) 220 per hour. 264 if tipped! Pays for itself in a few weeks. Then it's all profit. Soon you won't be wasting clicks on anything that pays less than 200 coins. Unless it's a community structure which just gives you more clicks to click another 200+.

79MattG
05-13-13, 05:30 PM
I think the answer relies on, in addition to your playing style, the size of your city and the level you're on. A small city, needs faster maturing income because there are fewer of them while a larger city can wait for a larger income building with a slower maturing rate because there are more buildings to collect from. And obviously lower levels don't have access to all the buildings higher levels do.

Sharing my experience: When the game balance update changed the energy limitation (I was at a high-50s level), I bought a bunch of blue lofts so I could collect after an hour and not lose energy due to surplus. Now that I've caught up to my avg energy use, I'm buying olive cottages as they're the highest income pay-out, even though I can only collect twice/day. Then I collect from my (blue and yellow) lofts in the interim, so I'm always using my energy on the higher income buildings. When my community buildings payout with extra energy, I collect from my third-string, lower income buildings (glass towers). (I'm at level 66 now, here's a pic of my efficient dystopia (http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/4400/20130513csm.jpg)).

fireballnc
05-14-13, 06:38 PM

An even mix of residences is nice to look at (I have a few NYC Brownstones and SF Victorians, and even a Paris flat - all chosen because they look nice), but there really is no residence with better revenue than the Condo Highrise.

-lp

I have started doing some "urban sprawl" with smaller houses in the more "suburban parts" of my city. I have started building the Dutch Colonials and they seem to bring in the money fast, but they are more expensive and it seems like energy regeneration takes a long time. Urban sprawl also requires more coins. I am now at 40k and 56 permits to expand out.

mellymoo2000
05-31-13, 08:34 PM
My city has mostly high rise homes for it's residents. If I wanted to build suburbs of the main city, then I will build out smaller, but most of the houses in my city as high rises.

For smaller houses the dutch is currently the best earner. For high rises, the blue loft and the glass suite.
Agree that the glass tower is a waste of time - one of the worst earners along with Beverly mansion and ranch house.
😃

mellymoo2000
05-31-13, 08:37 PM
I think the answer relies on, in addition to your playing style, the size of your city and the level you're on. A small city, needs faster maturing income because there are fewer of them while a larger city can wait for a larger income building with a slower maturing rate because there are more buildings to collect from. And obviously lower levels don't have access to all the buildings higher levels do.

Sharing my experience: When the game balance update changed the energy limitation (I was at a high-50s level), I bought a bunch of blue lofts so I could collect after an hour and not lose energy due to surplus. Now that I've caught up to my avg energy use, I'm buying olive cottages as they're the highest income pay-out, even though I can only collect twice/day. Then I collect from my (blue and yellow) lofts in the interim, so I'm always using my energy on the higher income buildings. When my community buildings payout with extra energy, I collect from my third-string, lower income buildings (glass towers). (I'm at level 66 now, here's a pic of my efficient dystopia (http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/4400/20130513csm.jpg)).

I like your efficient playing style ��. I do the same thing. I'm making some space for the good stuff that comes after level 50.

mellymoo2000
05-31-13, 08:39 PM
Sorry, just to clarify that these are the good ones before level 50. I don't know the stats above level 50 coz the info doesn't show until the item is unlocked ��