PDA

View Full Version : Transferring New ID to Old ID

LalaSmooth
09-15-12, 10:55 AM
Okay so I decided I want to move to my new id to my old one but I cannot remember what level I was at or how many gems I had because my ipod broke the day before xmas eve so I emailed them asking them if they could transfer this across, how long does it take to get it transferred (if they bother to email back).

queentina3
09-15-12, 11:05 AM
It can take up to 5 business days. If you still have both devices, or know the UDID of both devices, you could attempt the transfer yourself. It's very quick. I transferred my games from my Android to my iPad 2 in less than 20 minutes, so I would think from one iOS to another iOS device it shouldn't take that long at all.

Here's the link if you want to try to transfer yourself. http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11887-PLEASE-READ-How-to-Transfer-to-a-New-Device

LalaSmooth
09-15-12, 11:10 AM
Thankiyou but what is UUID

LalaSmooth
09-15-12, 11:10 AM
I meant UDID (sorry eyes are kinda blurry at the moment)

queentina3
09-15-12, 11:16 AM
I meant UDID (sorry eyes are kinda blurry at the moment)

First off, there's a new iTunes out, 10.7, so you may want to update your computer to that first.
When you plug in your device to your computer and iTunes pulls up, under devices click on your device name. To the right you'll see the summary information. Click on the Serial Number and it should change to showing you "Identifier (UDID)". You may have to click a few times to get to that section, but eventually if you keep clicking it will show up. That is your device's UDID # and what TL uses to identify your Storm 8 ID to that particular device.

LalaSmooth
09-15-12, 11:44 AM
Ahhh my ipod has broke and no longer in my possession, i only have my iphone :(

queentina3
09-15-12, 12:45 PM
Ahhh my ipod has broke and no longer in my possession, i only have my iphone :(

Yikes! Sorry about that. You'll have to wait for TL then. Hopefully it won't take them too long.

LalaSmooth
09-15-12, 12:48 PM
Yeah yikes! People have said it takes 24 hours or less. Let's hope they email back

sugarcraze35
09-16-12, 05:21 PM
Why is it that we simply can't log in/out from any device? It's probably a newbie question but I'm curious.

babyhueys
09-27-12, 02:34 AM
Download mobsters you can transfer from that game it takes less than a minute

queentina3
09-27-12, 04:04 AM
Why is it that we simply can't log in/out from any device? It's probably a newbie question but I'm curious.

Because TL uses the UDID of your device (iOS users) and something else for Android/Kindle devices to link the Storm 8 ID. Other apps sometimes use Game Center (again iOS devices) while others don't store your information at all. One thing that is GOOD about the way TL does this is that you can transfer your games from Android, Kindle, or iOS, other apps don't allow that most of the time. If you were on an Android and wanted to play the same game on iOS, you couldn't as they aren't compatible, but TL does at least allow that.