PDA

View Full Version : What's a good size to start decorating?

totaltechno
09-14-12, 06:19 PM
I have a decorating idea but IDK if 10x13 is big enough.

marrrina
09-14-12, 06:24 PM
I don't think you can say there's a good size. That all depends on how simple or elaborate you would like your bakery to be. I've gone through so many different themes in my bakery from the time I started, getting more elaborate the larger my bakery became. While 10x13 may not accommodate a lot of floor items you can still find a way to arrange your tables nicely and place wall decor.

totaltechno
09-14-12, 06:24 PM
I forgot that I also want to be able to incorporate GroovyRuss's design in with 2 doors (saving gems for a 3rd, nearly lv 15 in City Story Metro), which currently (just barely) fits.

totaltechno
09-14-12, 06:25 PM
For now, I just want to be able to get the design in, changing the tables, tiles, chairs, etc.

totaltechno
09-14-12, 06:30 PM
Is it simply not feasible for my budget to be cooking and decorating at the same time at lv 20? I have 150k atm. I have Red Velvet Cake cooking on 6 ovens making me 50-100k daily.

queentina3
09-14-12, 07:42 PM
Is it simply not feasible for my budget to be cooking and decorating at the same time at lv 20? I have 150k atm. I have Red Velvet Cake cooking on 6 ovens making me 50-100k daily.

If that is all you're cooking and all you have out for your customers to eat, then no, IMO you shouldn't try to decorate right now.

6 ovens = 7,350 plates being served per day. Even with the slow down customer rate, those plates would be gone before the next set comes off the ovens. The most profit you'll get would be $51,600, however, since you have to bake another 6 ovens worth of Red Velvet Cake, which will cost you $36,600, you're only actually getting $15,000 profit because you're turning over part of your profit to cook the next batches.

So, if you think you can decorate with only a $15,000 buffer, go for it. Otherwise, you may want to wait until you have more cash saved up, as all the decorations are expensive and it won't take long for your $150,000 to disappear.