PDA

View Full Version : Getting Diamond and its hybrids: Is it like a slot machine

kittycountess
09-14-12, 11:55 AM
The gist of this is that before, whenever I didn't succeed with a combination, I changed it to a different combination and I kept changing it until got the breed I wanted on the first try. This led me to believe that only certain combinations lead to certain dragons and there is no point trying over and over if you're using the wrong mix. That was until I decided to go for the diamond hybrids and, well, there were no combinations other than Diamond and whatever color the hybrid was. I ended up breeding my Diamond over 50 times with my Fire until I finally got a 44hr breeding time meaning the Crusader. Now I know trying over and over really is the only way sometimes.

So how does this work? Someone in another thread mentioned timing their clicks. They said it might be like a slot machine, as you choose both sides it starts spinning all the possible breeds and as you hit the "Breed" button it stops on one and that's the one you get. How plausible is that theory? Or do you guys think it's nonsense and the dragon you get is determined only once every time you try?

Horntail21
09-14-12, 01:42 PM
I believe it but I am also the one that posted about the slot machine theory lol. I also have some belief in the lucky name theory. I believe those names have a higher chance at breeding rares. Like having more rares on their spinning dials. Since I have combined the two theories I am on my third attempt and I got a fairy, a trickster, and am breeding another 18 hour time so another trickster or a familiar. Hope it keeps up and I gotta hit that diamond soon!

Horntail21
09-14-12, 05:37 PM
It ended up being a trickster. Put my theory right back to use and got a 16hr breed time. I have no fire element so it's either a serpent or an aether!! 4 for 4 on rares combining these theories!

LadybugLucky
09-14-12, 06:19 PM
I believe it but I am also the one that posted about the slot machine theory lol. I also have some belief in the lucky name theory. I believe those names have a higher chance at breeding rares. Like having more rares on their spinning dials. Since I have combined the two theories I am on my third attempt and I got a fairy, a trickster, and am breeding another 18 hour time so another trickster or a familiar. Hope it keeps up and I gotta hit that diamond soon!

So what are these lucky names? I still haven't gotten a Planet , Parakeet, or any of the diamonds.

Horntail21
09-14-12, 06:28 PM
I'm using Hydra and Cruise. In the lucky name thread Cruise is listed and Hydro but I believe Hydro and Hydra are interchangeable. I think it's hydra on one device and hydro on another.

Horntail21
09-14-12, 06:32 PM
And on the slot machine side of the theory I do a count. I say annnnnnd one two three breed pressing breed upon saying the word breed in my head. Kinda like a semi quick 5 count. Almost forgot that part. It's been working for me whether it's real or not.

badger8
09-14-12, 06:51 PM
I'm using Hydra and Cruise. In the lucky name thread Cruise is listed and Hydro but I believe Hydro and Hydra are interchangeable. I think it's hydra on one device and hydro on another.

Just an FYI, I'm on iOS & I have dragons named both Hydro & Hydra, so it's not device.
Congrats on all your dragons!

Horntail21
09-14-12, 06:56 PM
Just an FYI, I'm on iOS & I have dragons named both Hydro & Hydra, so it's not device.
Congrats on all your dragons!

Thanks for the info. I'm on iOS too but I have two hydras but no hydros. I figured it might be a device thing. Just realized that I put the wrong fruitful in the breeding mix so hydra my coral has been the only constant. I had such a low number of rares at level 35 so I'm glad something is working for me now. Hope it continues.